X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"BURN! BURN until your FLESH MELTS and your BLOOD BOILS!"
    - Some fire Manakete in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon that I forgot his name...

Edit: huh this is different from...what I remember...
    The actual:

Khozen:
    Burn...! Burn, till your blood boils and your flesh cooks!

Comment

“The truth is that the world is full of dragons, and none of us are as powerful or cool as we’d like to be. And that sucks. But when you’re confronted with that fact, you can either crawl into a hole and quit, or you can get out there, take off your shoes, and Bilbo it up.”
      - Patrick Rothfuss

Comment

My troops, I'm not going to lie to you, our situation today is very grim. Dragon Army has never lost a single battle. And Hermione Granger... has a very good memory. The truth is, most of you are probably going to die. And the survivors will envy the dead. But we have to win this. We have to win this so that someday, our children can enjoy the taste of chocolate again. Everything is at stake here. Literally everything. If we lose, the whole universe just blinks out like a light bulb. And now I realize that most of you don't know what a light bulb is. Well, take it from me, it's bad. But if we have to go down, let's go down fighting, like heroes, so that as the darkness closes in, we can think to ourselves, at least we had fun. Are you afraid to die? I know I am. I can feel those cold shivers of fear like someone is pumping ice cream into my shirt. But I know... that history is watching us. It was watching us when we changed into our uniforms. It was probably taking pictures. And history, my troops, is written by the victors. If we win this, we can write our own history. A history in which Hogwarts was founded by four renegade house elves. We can make everyone study that history, even though it isn't true, and if they don't answer the right way on our tests... they'll fail the class. Isn't that worth dying for? No, don't answer that. Some things are better left unknown. None of us know why we're here. None of us know why we're fighting. We just woke up in these uniforms in this mysterious forest, knowing only that there was no way to get our names and memories back except victory. The students in those other armies out there... they're just like us. They don't want to die. They're fighting to protect each other, the only friends they have left. They're fighting because they know they have families who'll miss them, even if they can't remember now. They may even be fighting to save the world. But we have a better reason to fight than they do. We fight because we like it. We fight to amuse eldritch monstrosities from beyond Space and Time. We fight because we're Chaos. Soon the final battle will begin, so let me say now, because I won't get a chance later, that it was an honor to be your commander, however briefly. Thank you, thank you all. And remember, your goal isn't just to cut down the enemy, it's to make them afraid.

(Ex tempore speech given by General Potter to the Chaos Legion, immediately before their first battle, on November 3rd, 1991, at 2:56pm)

Comment

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a mountain in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."

-"The Color of Magic" Terry Pratchett
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

"The truth is unattainable ... It will always be shrouded in fog. Though you reach through the murk and the gloom to grasp something, you have no means to know it is the truth ... In which case, why...? What sense is there in yearning for truth? Close your eyes. Lie to yourself. Live in blissful ignorance ... It is a much smarter way to exist."

—Shadow Teddie's opening lines from Persona 4
            Originally posted by Mogeko
            Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
            Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
            Praise be to prosciutto.
            ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
            Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

"...at times i almost dream
              I too have spent a life the sage`s way
              And thread once more familiar paths.perchance.
              I perished in an arrogant self-reliance
              Ages ago, and in that act, a prayer
              For one more chance went up so earnest,so
              Instinct with the better light let in by death,
              That life was blotted out-not so completely
              But scattered wrecks enough of it remain
              Dim memories, as now, when one more seems
              The goal in sight again."
              ~revolution
              How many times can you die a day~?
              How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

"You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps." -Graffiti
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate ... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are ... Death awaits you." –Nyx Avatar switching to the Death arcana in Persona 3 (final phase of the final boss).
                  Originally posted by Mogeko
                  Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                  Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                  Praise be to prosciutto.
                  ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                  Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

"Man's greatests inventions were touted to save mankind time and allow him to make more money. Today we work longer, make more money, keep less of it. But I am told tomorrow will be better." -Young man from the 60's
                    sigpic

Comment

"Not even close, baby." - famous youtube gamer Videogamedunkey.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

"Warning: Do not drink the battery acid. It doesn't taste good and will hurt you. Also do not bite the tyres, especially while the bike is moving. Our lawyers made us put these warnings in." -An Australian motorcycle manual
                        sigpic

Comment

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
                          - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled
                          My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                          Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                            sigpic

Comment

Enough of this expository banter. We fight like men, and ladies, and ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... it is morphing time!

-Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy 5
                              Originally posted by JesusOfNazareth
                              Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
                              And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

Comment

"AND I SAID WHATCHU KNOW ABOUT DAT FRUIT" - Anonymous, reddit
                                The best maid you'll ever find. Period.

Comment

Working...
                                X