Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I cut a few corners on trying to piece together a response. Ian, being one of the only humans of the group of Hunters might have raised an eyebrow when Phenom said it. Didn't put as much mental fluff as I could have.
    @s1 and kristia
    P.S. I added the Palace to my last post

Comment

@everyone involved with Nevaaras

Don't forget there was a sandstorm.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

yoooooooooou could always edit the post
        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

still no reaction from Ian on the whole "Earth" thing? Jeez.

Comment

Not sure if I'll actually make use of him, but I'm gonna make this app just in case.

Name: Deus
            Spoiler: Deus

Appearance:
            Spoiler: Image

Race: Human/Imaginandi

Profession: Private Investigator / Defender of Fantasia / Imaginandi

Talents: Is able to create objects simply from his imagination, within certain limitations of power, size, and probability based on what universe he exists in. Is able to travel through portals of darkness to reach destinations. If he doesn't know where he's going, he can end up anywhere. (This is how he'll end up in Venturia)

Inventory: N/A

Personality: Deus, at first glance, has a rather rough exterior. Seeming almost emotionless at first. However, take a closer look and it's painfully obvious what kind of mood he's in. He has the most subtly predictable poker face in the world. To the indiscerning eye, his appearance of joviality may be taken as discontent. In all honesty, Deus is one of the most friendly Imaginandi that have ever existed, not that many of them exist in the first place.

History: Deus was once a young boy, living in 10th century Earth. A young boy that had been born a quadriplegic. He lived his life in isolation, except for the exposure he had to his family, whom could not bring themselves to take his life. He had all the time he could have ever wanted, but could only ever use it to rest. So he rested. And he dreamed. And dreamed. And dreamed. Eventually, his imagination took control of his life. He began to lose touch with reality. As this went on, Deus's existence drifted ever closer to the metaphysical world of Fantasia. In this world, all manner of otherworldly creatures existed. All of them born from the imaginations of men. These creatures were called Figments. And they were very real.

When Deus was finally pulled into the world of Fantasia by his own lack of touch with reality, he fell. Like most humans that end up in Fantasia, he fell from the ceiling. As he fell, he could see a city below. It was not incredibly large, but it was larger than any town he had ever been taken to or heard of. It excited him. The excitement was short-lived, however, as Deus could not maneuver his body somewhere safe to land, and thus fell headfirst into the cobbled streets of Fantasia. He was immediately knocked unconscious.

After a few hours, he awoke. He instinctively moved his hand to his head, to feel a goose-egg that had been formed from the fall. It was then that he realized two things. First: He had just moved his arm for the first time in his life. Second: He had no earthly idea who he was. As time went on, he took on a job, began to work towards bettering the city of Fantasia, so on and so forth.

Bio: Deus is a Human, yes. But he fell into Fantasia. And like and human that falls into Fantasia, he immediately became an Imaginandi: A human who could manifest their own imaginations right before them. Unlike most true Imaginandi, though, he was the first, and he was also the only one to rightly lose his identity. As such, while displaying his abilities, the people of Fantasia began to call him "Deus," as he seemed a god-like figure to them. There are other Imaginandi like him, but they number fewer than twenty, and many of them are vile individuals, using their abilities for personal gain. These Imaginandi are colloquially known by the Figments of Fantasia as Daemons, while those who use their abilities to help others are known as Deis.

There exist other Imaginandi that number far greater than the Daemons and Deis, but they have either not retained the ability to manifest their imaginations, or they have simply gone mad in their ravings and can't even function as human beings. The former are called Imaginandi Impotens, while the latter are called Imaginandi Invalidum.

Notes: The portals that he travels through are passageways loosely linked to Fantasia, and as such work based on the user's imagination. Time passes far slower there than in the real world, so a century in reality can be a single day in Fantasia.

Imaginandi cannot die natural deaths. They need to be killed by something. They do not grow any older than their prime age.

Powerful enough, and disciplined Imaginandi are capable of passing between Fantasia and the Real World whenever they please.

His favorite weapon to materialize is a stylized Halberd

Last edited by Kilelicus; 07-20-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Just a heads up, a sandstorm has come and gone in Nevaaras. It lasted 30 - 40 minutes.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Already accounted for. I had Joe acknowledge it as giving Ignis a head start at the beginning.

Comment

Thanks for commenting on my app guys!

Comment

Didn't have a chance to look through it fully. I glanced at the end and didn't see anything about Venturia in it so I have no idea what he's for.

Comment

That's what I'm going to figure out. His ending up in Venturia is rather simple. He goes through a dark passageway, not knowing where it's to take him, and ends up in Venturia. I was thinking maybe involving him with the Nevaaras group.

Comment

Congratulations on hitting the 1000th post, Kilel.

Again, part of greater things to come.

Spoiler:

Name: Erin Park (Park is the last name of the engineer that took care of Erin the most)

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Height: 4'8" (2'11" torso, 1'9" prosthetic limbs)
                        Weight: 112 lb (63 lbs torso, 49 lbs prosthetic limbs)
                        Eye Color: Rifle Green
                        Hair Color: Black, with a hint of blue

Erin's hair is always unkempt, usually covering her horribly disfigured left side of her face. They only reach her shoulders, but has very long locks that almost reach her collarbones.

Erin's common attire features a military-esque jacket with torn sleeves, revealing her augmented, prosthetic right arm, with a white dress shirt always besmirched by some sort of filth from cleaning machines. The top two-to-three buttons on her dress shirt are always unbuttoned. Closing them is nigh impossibility considering how well endowed she is. Under that, Erin wears a navy-colored skirt. At first, putting on something for her lower torso with her new legs was a challenge, but now she is used to putting on skirts. She has, ultimately, decided that it is nigh impossible to wear any panties with her leg design.

Erin constantly has the "glasgow smile", because of the scar that goes from over her ears and meets its end at the edge of her lips. What creeps people out is that when she smiles or even opens her mouth, the scar that is connected to her mouth also opens up a little bit. It's become to the point that the wound does not even hurt anymore.

Erin has a large tattoo up her organic arm: mixture of swirls and lines to form a picture of a dragon coursing up her arm from her wrist.

Race: Cyborg

Profession and/or Talents:

- Former lead engineer of Twin Serpents Gemini Reactor Development Team
                        - Currently: Freelancer engineer
                        - Currently: Chief of Engineering for Drake's Wyverns

As evident by her ability to develop one of galaxy's most efficient energy sources, Erin sports a very impressive talent in engineering. From fixing appliances to creating innovative, ground-breaking inventions, Erin is a master of everything there is to know about engineering, from cybernetics, biotechnology, quantum mechanics, and more.

Erin is also proficient in hacking into confidential networks and obtaining classified information.

Erin's prosthetic, hydraulic legs grant Erin a dramatic increase in running speed and jump height, with a drawback of being quite loud. Unfortunately, Erin's legs are not built for combat, and thus are quite vulnerable.

Inventory:

Erin doesn't like to carry too many things. In fact, she does not carry any weapons; just basic tools such as screwdrivers if her legs were to malfunction suddenly. In her lab, however, Erin has all the toys she needs to carry on with her engineering works.

Personality:

Erin, contrary to her outward appearance, is quite the calm one. Even in the danger of certain death, Erin would stay composed and assess the situation, quickly hatching a getaway plan with her insane smarts. This is already evident in one of her event in the bio where she had to create a prototype of her prosthetic legs and an arm while being bled out through the stubs.

Despite her tendency to be the cool and collected one in a group, Erin is also clumsy when it comes to cleaning after herself. This is evident by how her decision not to wear any underwear for comfort and the hazardous organization of her workshop with dangerous material lying around.

Erin is also quite a romantic person. She likes tranquil things, like sunny beaches with sounds of wave crashing and wind blowing. Too bad her mere presence alone makes things very, very creepy.

Bio:

Spoiler:

Erin doesn't know what her last name is. She was orphaned almost as soon as she was born, left to a group of scientists and engineers in an unimpressive expedition colony on the planet Geminiea Alpha. Fortunately, Erin was not forsaken by the warm hearts of the scientists as they took her in, fed her, and raised her under shelters of science and engineering. They were overjoyed when Erin showed prodigal gift in engineering at the age of 5 when she, after observing the engineers develop a robot, built a crude but effective armor for herself.

Erin lived all her life as engineers' apprentice, growing up to become a beautiful, curvaceous woman who had the looks of a supermodel and the smarts of a quantum physicist. She was so gifted in her field, she was already creating innovations that went above and beyond what her senior engineers were making. It was, therefore, no surprise when Erin was tasked with creating a reactor out of an alien artifact that the colony found from an ancient ruin.

The work took many months; the sheer nature of the artifact not known without extensive experiments that took days, if not weeks of precious time. However, Erin managed to pull through, creating what would be one of the most efficient reactor in the galaxy, creating pure, clean electric energy in minutes that can feed a planet for days. Named the Gemini Reactor, this clean energy attracted companies and businesses from all over the galaxy and even outside the galaxy to marvel at Erin and her team's new discovery. Within weeks, the insignificant colony of Geminiea Alpha became a boom town, the scientists and the engineers who discovered and put the alien artifact to use were praised, and the colony received a new name: Electra.

At first, Erin enjoyed the fame and respect. However, unlike Erin who kept herself modest, the others became greedy and arrogant. Their grasp over the city of Electra grew tighter and tighter until it became an iron grip, controlling every single inhabitant with control over the Gemini Reactor. Disappointed by their cocky attitude although it was mostly Erin who put the reactor to work, Erin left the state of Aristocracy to live as a commoner in the downtown of Electra, creating a workshop at the downtown Electra to provide everyday engineering needs to the people.

Unfortunately for Erin, the Aristocrats committed an accident that would change her life forever.

About a month after opening her own workshop, while finishing her business trip to the outskirts of Electra and coming back to her workshop, Erin heard something like a mortar fire. Anyone who looked up in the sky could see the starfall of artillery shells spreading across the city like a blanket of death. Erin knew what this was: a contingency method developed to sacrifice the city in case of alien invasion to protect the Gemini Reactor. Why fire it now? Did they really find it necessary to fire an entire salvo of mortar fire just to catch Erin?

She could not make any more assumptions as she began running from the artillery fires. However, her escape was futile as one well-timed artillery shell struck a building next to her, causing a large concrete block to fall and crush her legs. Subsequent rubble crushed her right arm as well, replacing three of her limbs into bleeding stubs.

Excruciating pain split Erin apart as she stared at her stubby legs in horror. Everything below her thighs were gone, just like that. Her head felt faint as if she was slipping into an unconscious state of mind. But Erin knew that, if she let go of her mind and fall asleep, she will never be able to wake up. With her sheer force of will, she stayed conscious and, using the only arm she had, Erin crawled slowly back to her workshop.

She was growing weaker and weaker as time went by. Thankfully the workshop was right around to corner; otherwise she would've perished in the streets. She needed bandages fast, but the only roll of bandage she had was on top of a shelf. Why in gods' name did she have to put a bandage on top of a shelf?

Erin advanced to the shelf and began climbing it. It was full of dangerous tools and materials, including a bottle of acidic substance she uses to clean metallic surfaces without eating away at them sitting next to the bandages. In Erin's haste, she smacked the bottle while grabbing onto the bandage, causing it to fall on her face and break into an explosion of acid and sharp glass shards.

Erin fell off of the workshop and screamed in agony, the left side of her face burning away: skin, nerve receptors, everything, horribly disfiguring her face. She quickly ripped a portion of the bandage and wiped the acid out of her face to prevent any more damage, but the deed was already done.

"I'm gonna die here, aren't I?" Erin couldn't shake the feeling of death creeping closer and closer, beckoning her to join him. She was about to give in when, on the corner of her eyes, she found a set of leg limbs that she used to work on back in her Aristocrat days, but ended up setting aside as scrap. She struggled forward, crawling towards the limbs, and attempted to put them on. The artificial limbs, originally to be used as parts for a walker-type mechanical unit, slid on top of her thighs, giving Erin ability to move around a little bit. This gave her mobility to move to the workbench, sit on it, and bandage her leg stumps to prevent any more bleeding. After she took care of her bleeding stumps, she laid back and relaxed, eventually falling to sleep caused by the heavy blood loss.

Erin woke up a few hours later. She felt dizzy; she needed something to eat. However, her instincts failed to catch up as she tried to stand on her missing legs, and instead of standing upright, she fell on the floor.

"Goddammit." Erin growled in annoyance and realization as she crawled to the refrigerator, grabbed a frozen chocolate bar, and devoured it. The sudden rush of sweets made her stomach grumble in soothing chime, giving her the much needed energy.

Erin then crept back to the primitive limbs and tried them on again. The limbs were functional, but they were uncomfortable. They were designed for a larger, walker-type mech units, not a set of prosthetic limbs. For now, it'll allow her to get around, but she'll need something better if she was to live without legs.

Erin entered the bathroom to further analyze her situation. The left side of her face was eaten up by the acid, forming a groove a few centimeters left of her nose that divided the untouched side and the bloodied, decimated side of her face. She couldn't see through her left eye anymore; what was left of it was just a charred mess now.

"That'll leave a scar." Erin sarcastically chuckled as she poked around the eroded part. The blood from the wound hardened, forming a darker red sheen across the left portion of her face. It didn't hurt when she poked it, although it left a dull throbbing. Her missing arm, however, was constantly aching: a continuous discomfort with sudden spike of pain that made Erin wince and grab onto her shoulder.

To properly gauge the damage, Erin took off her clothes: first her military jacket with the Twin Serpent engineer team emblem labeled on one of the sleeves, then her dress shirt, then her miniskirt, and finally her undergarments. First thing she noticed were little pebbles embedded on her pale skin. They didn't hurt, and they were not implanted deep enough to cause any bleeding; a swipe or two from her still-connected arm caused the pebbles to fall on the ground.

Next, Erin looked at her legs. They too, had a dull, constant cramping, but they didn't have that sudden rise in intensity like her missing arm does. The attention eventually shifted from her missing legs to the mechanical limbs. They would be a great prototype for a walker-type mech... but it was definitely not a great design for an entire prosthetic set of legs.

"I can make something better." Erin commented. Her head was already gearing up, printing out numerous designs of how her new limbs will be born in her mind. "The Aristocrats may have taken my limbs... but that won't stop me. It's personal now."

Erin took the next three years trying to develop new limbs for herself: a set of legs and a single arm. She scrapped a lot of failed experiments she had stashed away, and used the metals to create a series of prototype legs. It was difficult, trying to create a functional and efficient prosthetic limbs with only one arm. In fact, from minor and major accidents that happened with her handicap granted Erin more permanent scars, including a slash across her face that gave her a permanent glasgow smile and a scar above it, as well as a slash wound across her shoulders. Nevertheless, Erin marched on, testing limbs after limbs: first without clothes, then with clothes on, and scrapping them if they were not perfect. Eventually, Erin developed a set of hydraulics-powered double reversed joint legs, giving her increased speed and jump height, as well as a mechanical arm made of same carbon-nanotube material as her legs that gave it more stability than her other, organic arm.

Erin emerged from her workshop to find hell on Earth. The city was in ruins, with citizens pitting themselves in battle after battle against each other and the Aristocrats' armies alike. All because of that Gemini Reactor that she created. Erin finally made a decision: destroy the Gemini Reactor: the root of all evil that she herself built, to stop the war in Electra. But first, she'll need some military power to help her. Hopefully Drake of the Drake's Wyverns could lend a hand; him and Erin did get along very well back when she was part of the Aristocrats.

Erin found out that Drake defected the Aristocrats after the accidental bombing of the city of Electra and began fighting against them, camped around the Eastern District. Their campaign, however, has been faring them badly as they were losing position, little by little. Thankfully, Drake took Erin under his wings, appointing her as the chief of engineering. The Wyverns' acquisition of Erin gave them a huge boost in morale, ("WE HAVE A GIRL NOW!") which hindered the Aristocrat militiamen from advancing any further into their position; in fact, it gave the mercenaries incentive to push back and reclaim their positions, hastened by new innovations Erin made for the Wyvern soldiers on the front line.

It came to the point that the Wyverns were poised to strike a major location: the Aristocrats' information hub located near the heart of Electra. Drake himself was to participate in this battle with his Wyverns situated to give cover fires if things went hairy, as well as Erin monitoring the entire situation using a hacked satellite. Everything seemed fine and dandy until Erin noticed two unknown figures in a fair distance away from Drake...

Notes:

Holy shit she's so adorable look at her second image look at how adorable she is she's so sad but she's so cute at the same time AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh and Kilel your app looks good enough for a 2nd accept, if it's not already given to you.
                        Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 07-25-2015, 04:32 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

@Kilel

Sorry, I was kind of tired last night. The only thing on my mind was sleep.

@Wriggle

Accepted from me.
                          Last edited by S121; 07-21-2015, 06:53 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

@aria

Warn me next time before you pull that kind of timeskip.

Comment

Eeeeeeeeeeh that's partially my fault, Cucoo. There seem to be a number of time-based discrepancies happening surrounding Prosperity at the moment, so we opted to have the whole raid from earlier happen early in the morning.

As such, I'm about to go through and correct any inconsistencies I may have generated

Beyond that, since we're not interacting with anyone else, you're free to act un-influenced by the timeskip

Comment

No it's throwing off what I had posted for how long it was going to be. I'm basically implying Ian is expecting this to take 5 hrs

Comment

Working...
                                X