Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OOC Board] Eternal Galaxy: Phoenix

Eternal Galaxy
    Phoenix

A few thousand years have passed since the final events of the War of Eternity and the Venturian Galaxy is a mere husk of what it once was. All that remains are the ruins of the civilizations that once existed. Now, people from other Galaxies are coming to explore and colonize the ancient galaxy.

- In the Lore, this RP takes place in the Era of Rebirth (See next post for details) -

Your Role

You have two things you can choose to do:
    1) Be an explorer of the once great Venturian Galaxy
    2) Be a colonist and establish a new home

If you explore the Galaxy and see some ruins, you may then find items that will be awarded by either Myself or the Creator of the Dungeon.

Otherwise, forge a new story and colonize the planets as you see fit.

That is for you to decide.

EDIT: Now there is a third thing you can do: be of the original inhabitants of the galaxy and live a life of survival in one of the underground villages. Most of these are led by those that have fought in the War of Eternity. I'll post notes on this in the lore section.

Rules

1. General RP Guidelines apply here
    2. In all honesty, as long as it works with the lore, I'll be happy. Thus I'll accept virtually anything that meets that requirement.
    3. Be imaginative. If you want to have an entire faction try to take over the Galaxy...
    ...honestly...I would want to see that...
    4. In the end these are more like guidelines to say "Why yes, everything is ok."

Characters

Any other sort of Character can be in here, truly and honestly anything from your imagination.

There will be three sets of Characters:
    Characters that had already existed during the War of Eternity
    New Characters that are descendants of original inhabitants
    and New Characters that Existed outside the Galaxy and are now being introduced.

Characters that have already been approved from the past sections can be used here.

Spoiler: Character Creation Template

Code:
    [B]Name:[/B]
    [spoiler =]
     [B]Gender:[/B]

[B]Appearance:[/B]

[B]Race:[/B]

[B]Profession and/or Talents:[/B]

[B]Inventory:[/B]

[B]Personality:[/B]

[B]History:[/B]

[B]Bio:[/B]

[B]Notes: [/B]
    [/ spoiler]

*Do you guys need something more?
    Suggest it.
    Honestly I want you all to have total freedom here. I was a limitation on the other parts as I had to think through the entire story in order to post.

If you need some inspiration as to what would work (which would be everything...), let me know.

UPDATE:
    Everyone can get this doll that I call a pocket Cicero which can act as a sort of Navi that you can have the characters ask questions and it will answer the characters.

Locations

- Under Reconstruction -
    Spoiler:

Galaxy Overview

Solar System Overviews
    Spoiler:

Helios
    Spoiler:

Helios is a system much like the old Earth's Solar System. However, the spacing of planets has allowed for many of them to support life.

Planet Overviews
    Spoiler:

Dua and Duon

- Sister Planets that orbit each other. Dua is home to four continents that divide the body of water at it's surface into 5 regions that relate to the compass directions with the Mirror Sea
    as the fifth and central body of water, bounded by a chasm and spires.
    Duon is dominated by one central continent, Pangaea.

Duon has ruins that suggest a more advanced culture than Dua...

Conlustrare
    - A planet that seems to bear resemblance to an extraordinary civilization that was more advanced in nature but bore a more precursor appearance.

Nevaaras
    - A lot of the planet's surface is nothing but large deserts with larger cliffs, large mountainous plateaus, and the occasional oasis with lakes. However these lakes are too salty and filthy to drink from without purification due to the common sandstorms that rage on the planet. Each day there are about 2-3 severe sandstorms that are so fierce that if you go unprotected you can be cut by the fierce sandy winds. Even then it is a likely chance you can get buried alive.

There are also plenty of underground caves with possess large underground seas of fresh, purified water. However there are deadly creatures that loom in the underground caverns. These creatures can range from fish with bone like carapaces, to large snake like creatures.

This planet is mostly used as a Mining outpost due to the rich ores and metals that can be found underground. There is a colony there with a base above ground that stretches deep underground. The planet is roughly twice the size of earth.

Celestora
    Spoiler:

Celestora is named such after the predominately large crystalline asteroids that seem to connect each other with energy, forming stellar constellations.

Planet Overviews
    Spoiler:

Alcyon
    - A planet known for its long winters. It has a single continent, Mana, with many unnamed islands. It's ruins are more reminisce of a medieval time.

Egale
    Spoiler:

Egale is a system known for it's planets where vast forests span for miles across the land masses on them. Very small bodies of water exist.

Planet Overviews
    Spoiler:

Senarious
    - A planet defined for its more mountainous terrain with sprawling forests. The ruins seem even older than the other planets of the galaxy, thus it can be assumed some catastrophe occurred here.

Venion
    Spoiler:

Eternal Darkness defines this system where the central star is so dim, no light can reach any of the planets.

Planet Overviews
    Spoiler:

Nox
    - A planet of absolute night. Ethereal torches still burn with a blue flame in a medieval styled city that is foreshadowed by a massive fortress-like mansion, even though there is no sign of life on the planet. On the opposite side of this sustained city is the ruins of a more technological advanced city that seemed to have a distinct outer city border and inner city which has the remnants of a sort of dome...

Sol Incineron
    Spoiler:

The Solar system that has no star, but has a planet that acts as one. Lava planets are dominant in this system.

Planet Overviews
    Spoiler:

Inopia
    - The central planet that acts as the star of the system. At the surface, it is as hot as any star, but it gets incredibly cooler towards the core. All life on the planet exists in the center of the planet and lava caverns.

Nexion
    Spoiler:

The Solar System that is the closest to the Black Hole that exists at the center of the entire Galaxy. It's planets seem more nebulous in form than actual planets.

Planet Overviews
    Spoiler:

Sedes Imperii

- A nebulous planet that has the hues of the eternal sunset. The remnants of floating cities can be found scattered throughout the cloudy atmosphere.

Manor of Eternity
    Spoiler:

Halls of Time
    Spoiler:

Halls of Darkness
    Spoiler:

Coming Soon

Planet Creation

And here's where you all get to make some planets to fill in the remaining slots in the Galaxy Overview map above.

Code:
    [B]Planet Name:[/B]

[B]Planet Location:[/B] 
    - Solar System:
    - Sector #:

[B]Planet Description:[/B]

[B]Sketch of geography:[/B]

Trivia:

Spoiler:

Why is the subtitle "Phoenix?"
    Simple: The Galaxy is being reborn with everyone from anywhere coming in and colonizing it.

And this was the song that actually inspired Phoenix and the tone of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doSz1LgjTOA
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 07-13-2015, 08:43 PM.

- LORE -

To simplify things, see OP of the EG Project thread for lore.
    https://yukkuricraft.net/showthread....Galaxy-Project
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 06-06-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Updated OP

Need to make maps and then we can sort of start from there.

What I intend is that once Chapter 6 is done in Part I, we come to here and use this so that everyone can run free.

Then when something is discovered, and people are curious enough, we start the chapter out of chronological order that relates to what is found in Part III.

Is this a absurd idea or what?

Comment

Not absurd, but interesting. Besides, I might be able to finally do that idea you suggested about a new Gensokyo.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@ Mima

Aye

Plus it eliminates me as a bottle-neck where everything depends on my characters to progress.

This way we have this as true freedom and then when we need backstory, we can go to the other parts and do a single chapter at a time since I have it broken up like that.

This should really work out better.

And yeah, this will be where Neo-Gensokyo would be possible.

Comment

Ok I need suggestions

Whenever I get around to making all the maps, what else would you all want here?

Also How should I go about the maps? What would you all want?

Also Suggestions on how to tackle the Manor of Eternity's Map...
            ...A structure that is more castle like than anything...
            And maze-like...

Comment

Updated OP with "Rules" (pffft...) and some more formatting.

Still looking for suggestions.

Comment

Added Solar System Descriptions and Planet Descriptions of the 7 main planets in accordance to the time of Part III.

Still Looking for suggestions.

Comment

@Cucoo

I'm feeling creative.

What format should we use to help with creating planets?
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Let me add that to the OP

but I just need basic description (as seen in OP)
                    and a sketch at minimum of how it looks...
                    like what I did with Alcyon's main continent in Shattered Ice Flower (which I have linked in OP)

And placement (sector and solar system based on the Galaxy overview map) of the planet and obviously: name

Comment

Officially convinced myself that the way EG was started here was all wrong in both RP terms and Story terms.

Using Phoenix as the starter to just flow into the story where the characters are discovering the Galaxy for the first time makes a ton more sense rather than going in at a point that has information that lies in its past events...

I'm going to try something If I feel my brain again...

I'm going to record myself just blabbering about EG and seeing if I get any information out of myself that I can transcribe from the recording.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, I thought up of a couple planet types, and will be making apps for them every once in a while.

I hate to admit it, but my first one is a little bit of a rip off of The Chronicles of Riddick. -_-;

There's a planet called Crematoria, where during the day, the planet's surface that is exposed to the sun becomes so hot that it can incinerate people, reducing them to ashes within a couple minutes. In the movie, they had to race against the rotation of the planet, just to escape to a shuttle bay before they would be captured by the prison system on the planet.

I was going to call the planet Crematorum, maybe have it that there are underground cities, where the sun can't reach the people inside. Maybe it's a mining planet, or maybe it'll be a prison planet, just like Riddick.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

@ S121

I watched a Riddick movie before but not that specific one sadly. But I know of it's existence.

It would be like Inopia that I have in Sol Incineron then sort of. Except, not constantly lava...

Comment

@Cucoo

Pretty much.

I'll find a video of the planet.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's a planet for ya, sort of where I was thinking Mima could start off.

Planet Name: Vivit Orbis

Description: The majority of the planet is water, with a single central continent, with the rest of the land being made up of hundreds of tiny islands. Creatures there are known to be mostly harmless, and the small islands are known to be rich in ore and othe valuble resources. Though mostly temperate, some islands are known to be freezing, some desertlike, and some even similar to something you would find in Sol Incineron.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X