Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Zarem

Where did you have in mind?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

I got nothing specific in mind tbh. Anything fitting for the Doom environment I guess

Comment

@Zarem

Hmmm...

Well, the only things that come to mind are organizations. What was Doomguy doing for three years? Did he have a job? It might help with trying to find him a location.

If you want, you could either start in a location where there are other people, or you could go solo until you meet up with someone. Which one did you have in mind?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@S121

I'm not sure, but minor clean-up of threats like zombies and such could have occupied him.
          And if that's the case, I could place him somewhere near Nevada?

Comment

@Zarem

That sounds okay to me.

You probably don't need to, but you could ask Mima about it if you want. The zombies are from the Madness Combat games and series. There's also a bunch of mutants and the like.
            sigpic

Comment

@S121

I'll give it a try when Mima pops by then. It would be "normal" for him too since he's from a game fighting demons, both mechanical and non-mechanical, and zombies himself.

Comment

@Zarem

Yep, he'll fit right in.

I think he's online right now. You could probably send him a PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Ah Doomguy... one of the more memorable (and even badass) classic video game protagonists of gaming in my opinion. I remember playing Doom and Doom II a hell of a lot when I was in Highschool...

Good times... good times... Doom had an awesome atmosphere, nice action, and really memorable weapons and stages. I remember my first encounter with the Cyberdemon... Holy hell did I get my ass killed...

I also enjoy the Xbox ports of Doom and Doom II (So much so that I first downloaded them off of XBLA, and then got Doom 3: BFG edition that has not only Doom 3, but Doom and Doom II as well as some slight updates, additions, and changes to the games.) It was fun playing Doom and Doom II on the Xbox with splitscreen Co-op (and deathmatch which was surprisingly fun.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zarem View Post
                    @S121

I'm not sure, but minor clean-up of threats like zombies and such could have occupied him.
                    And if that's the case, I could place him somewhere near Nevada?
                    Ah sure, place 'em in Nevada if ya want. I could entertain ya with someone. Possibly a certain clown.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Sustic
                      That's what IDDQD is made for xD
                      I used that too much and now I can even beat the cyberdemon on Iphone without the cheat. Although the Spider Mastermind still kicks my ass if I don't have the >chaingun weapons

@Mima
                      Alright, Nevada it is then

Comment

@ Zarem

And if ya don't mind, he'd fit the SCAE Agent bill cause of what he's doing. I might use ya to introduce one of my last characters: Shulk.
                        Translation, they're both on a mission to take care of any problematic Zombies.
                        All that's left of my roster then is crazy hot psycho robot chick, Lissa...

Comment

@Zarem

I never really used the invincibility cheat much.

The Spider Mastermind can actually be quite easy to kill if you have toe BFG and be a reckless son of a b**** and fire the BFG at the Spider Mastermind at point blank range. You can take out the Spider Mastermind in 1-2 shots that way if you're lucky.

However I usually ended up NOT using my Plasma Gun throughout the previous episodes up until the Spider Mastermind, and only used the Rocket Launcher only in the most dire of situations (like say a Cyberdemon is near.) If you have enough ammo in both those weapons then you should be good to go.

1st: Obviously avoid all of the Spider Mastermind's attacks while unloading the Plasma Gun or Rocket Launcher onto the damn thing

2nd: When you run out ammo with one of the weapons, just switch to the other one.

That strategy usually does work for me... on the normal difficulty... on the harder difficulties I have a hard time GETTING to the Spider Mastermind xD.

Comment

@Cucoo5
                            Works fine by me. At least it gives me something to go for.

@Sustic
                            I don't really use any cheat on Doom at all because I've played it so much my entire life. Well, maybe not never, I do use it if I have to check something like a secret or "omg, I didn't know that" thing... or playing through a wad I'm getting frustrated over.
                            As for the Spider Mastermind. I know, I just tried to run to all the text screens to have them in Doomguy's biography. 2 direct shots with BFG 9000 and it's plain dead. I don't really have that huge trouble with the Spider Mastermind. Rockets + plasma = win

Comment

@ Zarem

aye
                              For now you could go ahead and have Doomguy be ahead of shulk since I have finals for the next 4 days so I'm not going to be here for the time being. and right now I gotta study my a$$ off so this is all I wanted to do for now.

Also I'll add Doomguy to the SCAE member list.

@ Everyone
                              Because SCAE is funded by the world governments, should we say that the leaders of it are actually like the U.N.?

Comment

@Cucoo5

Alright, I wish you luck with your finals then

Comment

Working...
                                X