X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On what are you basing your story? what is the setting, what are the points for your plot? basic stuff
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, like I said before, it's a self-insert, so I'm going to be in it (obviously). Basically, the story starts in the Bamboo Forest of the Lost and it's nighttime. I'm seen unconscious within a clearing in the forest. I have that so far, and I have two choices right now to choose. I can either get up and wander the forest or I could still be knocked out and Mokou or Reisen can find me in the morning or something. I don't know which one to pick, though...

Comment

hm.. try to make a draft for each path and the one that seems better than the other can be chosen
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Okay. Thank you.

Comment

holy fucking shit, why do people have to be interested in your story? If you want to write a story, fucking write it. Don't give a shit if other people want to read it. If people are interested, they will read. Otherwise, tell your story.

Damn.
            Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
            "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Um.. Kilel, he is just asking for some advises, it isn´t wrong to do that

Spoiler:

Comment

I don't know when I said this exactly, but I said I was either going to take a break from writing stupid Touhou self-inserts or give up completely on them.

Either way you look at it, that choice obviously did not last long. Why?

...Because I'm frigging back to writing these stupid ideas that nobody cares about.
                This.

I never said there was anything wrong with anything. I'm tired of him being under this impression that people need to be interested in his story for him to write it. Just write the damn story. Don't just tell yourself it's a waste of time because you think nobody is interested.
                Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

@ Kilelicus

I know none of that was meant to be taken negatively, but the way you worded it...
                  Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
                  Damn.
                  XD

@ Mr. T(ouhou 64)
                  He isn't wrong. Write what you feel. Trust me, I've been in your spot with Peripheral Illusion, thinking to myself on several occasions "f*ck it, I feel like no one's reading my stories, why the hell should I keep going?" But the I think to myself, "... I think it's safe to assume that at least one person on the forums is enjoying it. Why should I stop now?" ... Eventually I did stop from time consumption but that's a different thing.

Feel free to ask for advice or opinions. It's hard to go through a good story without some form of third party assistance. Good luck with your story.

Comment

@Kristia

Oh yeah Kristia, just as a heads up... you are needed for the Palace in EG.

Comment

...Thank you, guys. I'll try to work on my story. Hopefully it's good.

Comment

Protip: Outline it. If you are serious about it, jot down an outline so you know when, where, why, and how things could happen. Then as you write, follow it loosely. Allow things to flow. If it doesn't flow, then odds are something will not make sense.
                        Make revisions on the fly. Keep the end in sight at all times. Do not stray too far from it or you will lose the focus of the story and thus the natural flow. Write the situations so that it seems natural, not just based on what seems exciting. The flow will guide you through it. It will present the right time to inject... Something exciting.

May the Flow be with you.
                        - Obi Wan Derpnobi

Comment

Guys, my time yas gotten more limited due to work and "enjoyable" family members, I'm running on fumes and lemon water and barely get some sleep, just to let you know of my lack of activity

Spoiler:

Comment

RIP ;w;
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Im not gonna ask why enjoyable is in "".
                              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Kristia

Good luck Kris, and stay strong.
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X