X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to play a single game of League real quick. I'll come back in 30 minutes.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Ok.

In the meantime, I'm looking for a good modpack for FTB.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo
        I won't be posting for today. Got a bad headache from too much drinking.

@S121
        I'm not entirely sure which pack to recommend. I used to be highly addicted to Minecraft mods but I've lost interest lately and I'm not sure which FTB pack would be the best.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

I'm thinking Ultimate.

It has all the mods one could possibly need, so if you can't decide, then you have anything you want, from technology, to magic.

I'm a little terrified of ICBM mod. You get red matter explosives, black hole bombs. Just imagine that on a PVP server. 0_0;;;
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@S121
            FTB Ultimate? Isn't that a rather old modpack? That is unless I cannot see a 1.6 version of it.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

It is old, but you can still play it with the FTB launcher.
              sigpic

Comment

@S121
                I loved playing Ultimate. Seems fair to me. All the good stuff, none of the fuss.
                But I would rather want to experiment with the stuff in the 1.6 packs. Also I'm not sure if we could find/host a server for Ultimate. Well, we can host one but I don't think any of us would be willing to.

Comment

@TRXD

Hang on, we're using Unleashed. Ultimate has no available servers.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ S121

*Is a noob when it comes to modding*

The most "modding" I've ever done was to get PSO2 working. And that's relatively simple file replacing. I don't really do much of it aside from that.

And for Eleos, better idea: He wears an under suit that conceals his heat signature. That way he's harder to tell apart from the decoys.

Comment

@Cucoo

Try and update Eleos's equipment so he has all the stuff you said. It will prevent confusion in the future.

Also, about the modding, it's incredibly easy because we're using Feed The Beast. All you do is click a modpack, wait for it to download, and play. We're actually doing that right now.
                      sigpic

Comment

downloads will be a pain for me cause the apartment i'm in has crappy internet speeds.

And i'll take that as confirmation that the suit is plausible.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, if you ever want to give it a try, we use FTB Ultimate.

The suit sounds plausible, but the suit would be very uncomfortable. The heat would have nowhere to go, meaning that it would be hot in the suit. I'm trying to think of a way that it would work, but there would be no other way unless he used some kind of cooled gel layer within the suit. It might give off tiny signatures, but it would be much harder to detect than if he just had a thermal stealth suit, or nothing at all.

The problem is trying to keep all heat from escaping, which also means the suit's internal mechanisms. All his equipment might need it too, just to make sure they don't pick up or lose any heat. There would still be heat buildup when he fires, but that is unavoidable. Making a suit that is stealthy against radio waves and radar is a lot easier than making a suit that is stealthy against thermal scanners.

In other words, maybe. It would be incredibly difficult to create a suit like that, but it just might work.
                          sigpic

Comment

I was thinking that it would be sort of liquid cooled or something similar. It would naturally be cold somehow... So regardless of body heat, the suit would be what thermal would see. It won't be perfect, but it'll at least make it hard to tell. Besides, the Stealth Camo would help as you would see faint thermal but no one visibly there. Also I think the Stealth Camo also negates radar and such.

And I'll see if I can do anything with downloads on that =w=
                            I just need to know what it changes.

in the end, you'll see 11 of him visibly if he has no stealth camo on, but you can't tell which one is him.
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-25-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo
                              Don't worry about it. It's not as if we're pressuring you or anything.

Comment

So... Who we waiting on... *cough Wriggle and S121 cough... Cough*

Comment

Working...
                                X