Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, whats with doge? it suddenly became the new viral thing in internet

Hi there everyone, zombie Kris at school preparing for another exam
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia
      exams...
      joy

@ wriggle

I think that's how I feel about Calculus...

anyway

@ S121 when thou returnith

I'm gonna say yer the expert on these things (cause despite everything I still dislike guns in general) and so how would the final parts I didn't calculate factor in to things, and also what would you think the coilgun aspect would add to the calculations?

Begin information dump

from the wiki

Barrett
      Originally posted by wiki
      Muzzle velocity
      853 m/s (2,799 ft/s)

Effective range
      1,800 m (1,969 yd)
      Coilgun
      Originally posted by wiki
      Adjustable yet smooth acceleration of the projectile throughout the barrel can allow somewhat higher velocity, with a predicted range increase of 30% for a 120mm EM mortar over the conventional version of similar length. With no separate propellant charges to load, the researchers envision the firing rate to approximately double.[14][15]
      Speed of sound
      343.2 m/s

Initial margin:
      the bullet from the muzzle is traveling
      853 m/s = 1908.10666 miles / hour = 2798.55643 feet / second
      which means
      853-343=510m/s faster than sound

510 m/s = 1140.83751 miles / hour or 1673.22835 feet / second faster than sound.

the bullet of just the barrett can travel about 9.3 football fields in a second
      the effective range is 1800 m, about 18 football fields, therefore it takes 2.1 seconds to reach a target.

in 2.1 seconds, the sound wave of the gun firing would be 2.1 seconds * (343 meters / second) = 720.3 meters away from the source, 1079.7 meters away from the target.

now the only thing left would be...
      the "bubble" around the bullet, which I doubt would give anyone enough preliminary warning to dodge it cause you have to take reaction time and the speed in which your body moves and how far it would take to move out of the way and thus the reaction time + the time it would take to move out of the way.

Then there's muzzle flash...
      And I just realized that a coilgun wouldn't do much to these calculations except increase muzzle velocity ever so slightly since it reduces friction.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

just to let you know cucoo, Midna is reaching Lon Lon Ranch, we are at the OoT hyrule, right?
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ kristia

aye aye
          what should we do with characters like Malon and Talon? Just have them as temporary and just work with them as necessary?

Comment

that´s what I was thinking, like the postman, we cn use them temporaly unless someone actually grabs them for permanent choice

Spoiler:

Comment

right

now I just gotta make sure that I stop myself here so I study =w=

Also the Zelda arc will be interesting since I would think there would come a point where characters of Hyrule will start to phase into the real world. It would be like we're controlling the characters as the Horizon project initiated. This could lead to some interesting things...
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

ah.. in the introduction post of the twili, I wrote that she traveled between worlds because of her powers.

the worlds were shadow of colossus, final fantasy and banjo kazooi

So maybe she knows about the human world already

should I edit that?

Spoiler:

Comment

ehhhh

shoot...
                  uhm maybe its just game worlds she initially was able to...
                  ........hrm

this is an interesting set up...

it might be best to say she could only travel in the Zelda universe?

Also...I thought of this...
                  LoZ: FSA had a concept similar to what I just thought of and LoZ: TP could draw a similar parallel, but FSA has the better example.
                  people in FSA were disappearing to a sort of shadow realm (been too long since I last played) We could create a similar concept where people in Hyrule are disappearing...to the real world.

Comment

sounds nice, I can write that, when Midna is asked about portal travelling, that she can see glimpses of other worlds.

She doesn´t know the world totally, only glimpses of it while she goes between portals

Spoiler:

Comment

right

it would be like Link in FSA being able to see the shadows of people in the shadow realm

Comment

it will be indeed an interesting adventure

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm back guys. Finally.... -_-

Comment

@ Kristia

right and maybe we could start it off with Lon Lon Ranch...
                            maybe Malon is missing, but where she would be there is something "off" about the area.

@ SUS
                            welcome back

Comment

Goodmorning again, everyone.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

@ S121

welcome back

feel up to looking at some numbers that I crunched?

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                                Ok I'm truly back to my usual mindset.

And I'm going to crunch some numbers on snipers...

first...

I gotta figure out the muzzle velocity of a

and then
                                the muzzle velocity of any sort of "rail gun" (or anything similar such as the coilgun on such a scale)

then I gotta brush off some physics and make sure when I relate it to the speed of sound or anything about the bullet that might give any sort of preliminary warning, I don't do something strange.
                                of course my initial knowledge says that it would be next to humanly impossible for a sniper round to give off any warning as it would be traveling faster than sound. I just want to calculate how large of a margin is it with the modification of adding something like the coilgun concept onto a barrett.
                                And I want to hit every point as to prevent any "loose ends".

Begin information dump

from the wiki

Barrett
                                Muzzle velocity
                                853 m/s (2,799 ft/s)

Effective range
                                1,800 m (1,969 yd)

Coilgun
                                on this scale, unknown

Speed of sound
                                343.2 m/s

Initial margin:
                                the bullet from the muzzle is traveling
                                853 m/s = 1908.10666 miles / hour = 2798.55643 feet / second
                                which means
                                853-343=510m/s faster than sound

510 m/s = 1140.83751 miles / hour or 1673.22835 feet / second faster than sound.

the bullet of just the barrett can travel about 9.3 football fields in a second
                                the effective range is 1800 m, therefore it takes 2.1 seconds to reach a target.

in 2.1 seconds, the sound wave of the gun firing would be 2.1 seconds * (343 meters / second) = 720.3 meters away from the source, 1079.7 meters away from the target.

now the only thing left would be...
                                the "bubble" around the bullet, which I doubt would give anyone enough preliminary warning to dodge it cause you have to take reaction time and the speed in which your body moves and how far it would take to move out of the way and thus the reaction time + the time it would take to move out of the way.

Then there's muzzle flash...
                                And an edit I didn't edit is the fact that I don't think the concept of having a coilgun modification would really add to the calculations, but I would want yer opinions on what would be possible.
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X