Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True...separate agendas...

Comment

We always keep it moderate conservative up in the Pokemon RP though. (I do have to work on my post length however)

Good night.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

The Organization, in my eyes, always employed agents to do their dirty work. This would range from blackmail to assassinations, even ruining villages if the need arises. As this goes on, researchers and project heads within the safe confines of the Organization's bases would be gaining ground by extracting powers and getting ever closer to getting into videogame worlds. So far, they can bring in small items that have little to no special effects, like the Mushroom Power-up from Mario Bros.

I played the Organization as something to be feared, as a character wouldn't know if they would be terrorized or captured.
        That was what I was planning for the SCAE before getting Major's information on them. I had it all planned out, even down to specific countermeasures for each Character. I even had specific strategies that would be carried out at times where the Characters would be least prepared for an attack.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ Wriggle

ya that's great and all...but...
          AtWaG...

It's probably the only thing that's kinda eatin' at me.
          Major mentioned in the conversation about things the concept of Play to Lose (which I never heard of yet I apparently had been utilizing it...)
          anyway it's something I'll probably end up venting about here eventually cause I just need to "type angry" (it's like therapy for me cause otherwise me just screaming internally won't make it go away)
          I mean...the scenario of a Sniper Assassin trying to take out any of the characters...It always seems like there's something that can render the attempt pointless cause the characters always seem to have an active sixth sense or some bizarre capability that allows them to theoretically dodge a sniper round, find and kill the kidden sniper even though there's 2,000 meters between the sniper and the character...

Spoiler: angry rant w/ the most swearing I've ever done in my life ahead.

Me, I so desperately want to have Eleos be a normal Human, but...I keep running scenarios in my head and...
          Everything just...
          There's no way.
          It frustrates the hell outta me.
          In order to compete with characters, I feel like I have to go insanely OP. It drives me up a wall and then some.
          That's why I want the toxin to just be accepted as the means to make characters mortal.
          But even there, I'm certain as fuck that there's gonna be some sort of argument that it won't work cause there's always a fucking counter. there's no end. there's no fucking way to find a fucking weakness.
          every scenario I play through my head it just ends the same fucking way. a human can't compete. nothing can stop a fucking character. only OP fucking shit can work. the minimum seems to be shit that blows up the fucking world just to kill one fuckign character.
          it's impossible
          I so desperately want a normal human character, but nothing I run through my head...
          everything tells me there's always a fucking counter.
          there's just no way.
          there's just no fucking way.

I feel like the only one that will readily sacrifice and have any of my characters permanently killed.
          Am I the only one? Am I the only fucking one that is desperately trying to under power my characters?
          Sure I've gone and tried to squeeze out all I could out of my new roster, but I seriously want the "real world" to be able to influence and affect them.
          I feel like the characters are above the "real world"
          That the initial concept of the characters assimilating to the real world has been lost and that now we're purely going on a massive crossover of every game instead of the games going into the real world.
          The real world can't touch the characters, the characters have no fear. there's no threat.
          What could POSSIBLY threaten the mighty Master Chief? The Touhou's? The peeps with the fuckin' improbability drive?
          What of the real world poses a threat to them?
          Nothing.
          There is no consequence that the real world could possibly exercise except for outrightly rejecting characters from society.
          heck! let's do that! Let's have after all the events of Season I, the real world begins to just outright reject characters. It's a war of the world against characters!
          HA fuck that. We'd just come up with a fucking way to have the characters win.
          It's not the real world anymore.
          it's the fucking game character's world.
          we've lost sight of the original concept by a mile from my understanding. a few billion miles.
          the characters are gods. there is no threat, no consequence.
          nothing.

Ok rant over.
          back to normal.
          not quite.
          gods.
          help me here, I need a hug
          shit. I'm ...
          ugh.

I'm going through an angry frustrated phase here and I just need to get it out. I can't hold it back anymore.
          I can't keep the frustration bottled up right now.
          dammit.
          gods...
          at least I have the sense to put the darn spoiler box

@ S121

If I split ACO
          you could take the evil part PALADIN

Comment

Bluh bluh huge rant
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

and I feel like I'm just b*tchin for no reason.
              I had to get it off me chest otherwise I wasn't going to be able to rest.
              but seriously, if ya sift through the parts where I sound like a selfish b*tch
              I feel small when I try to run scenarios through, I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle.

Comment

@Cucoo

Actually, it's just that you aren't thinking outside of the box. You're not taking each and every possible countermeasure into consideration and utilizing them to their greatest extent.

To take out Touhous, use what Youkai are weak against, spiritual attacks, charms, named weapons, etc.. It all greatly weakens Youkai for capture. Set up traps with seals and talismans, bless the soldiers' armor with charms and various other anti-Youkai items. Did you know Oni are weak against soybeans? It burns, or does whatever to them, so you equip your soldiers with soybean tacos and throw them at Oni. In order to combat a Youkai, you have to delve into their world and unearth their various traditional weaknesses.

You want to know how to bust a Spartan? I've been announcing the armor's weaknesses like there's no tomorrow, but nobody seems to listen. There's a special tactic used to bust a Spartan very quickly: plasma weapons for the shields, and high-caliber rounds for the armor. Not that complicated. If you don't have high-caliber ammunition, grenades will work. If you don't have those, then a very sturdy combat knife will work, along with having a VERY strong arm. Strong piercing attacks will f*ck a Spartan right up.

As for reality warpers, well good luck. Even John would have a hard time with those, but there are still countermeasures, you just have to do your research and look them up.

All I'm saying is that yes, Characters are very OP compared to humans, BUT they can be driven back and defeated. It's just a matter of knowing that Character elimination is a case-by-case basis, that a strategy might work against one Character, but that doesn't mean that it will work for another. You have to rely on more than just your mind and muscles, you have to get creative, be a cunning predator.

And to end this, yes, I would be happy to control PALADIN. I have examined each Character and can come up with ways to take them down. If I fail, then it will at least make one hell of a difficult battle for the Characters.
                Last edited by S121; 12-04-2013, 02:28 AM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

@ S121

But that's just it

I feel like there's a counter to the counter
                  also I feel like we subconsciously cheat, like screen watching during a multiplayer game on the same TV. like the scene with Lily throwing the snowball and Raven.
                  If I had Eleos hiding behind some rocks, the scenario in my head says that as soon as I describe the area he's at, characters will suddenly start investigating that area on some strange whim that I call the sixth sense. That's my fear there.
                  Another is if there was some party and Eleos infiltrated the ranks, if I described where he is in the crowd or what he looks like, again, I feel like there would be a character that comes up and suddenly gets a bad feeling about him and does something.

That's what's biting me...
                  And I feel like I'm trying to work within constraints on purpose but it's not working and it's driving me crazy cause I feel like I need to work within certain defined parameters with the characters. I'm giving the characters limits and its frustrating me cause I'm the only one working in limits that I set for myself to try to under power the character.

I went through this same thing before...didn't I?
                  Because I remember that answer you just gave me....
                  gods how doth history repeat itself...
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I'll admit, certain Characters will be able to screen Eleos. There will also be other times where he won't be able to outrun a Character like John, or Renamon. Characters are special for a reason, they go above what a normal human can do, but if there is one particular trait that is universal, it's intelligence. Humans can be some of the craftiest, most clever S.O.B.s out there.

Ok, let's assume Eleos is escaping from Renamon, or Nera, two of the best trackers. Nera can pick up his aura, while Renamon can hear and smell him. Because of Renamon's senses, she has an exploit. A flashbang grenade will put her out of commission, and if you really want to mess with her senses, teargas or pepper-spray grenades will work. Nera is a little more tricky. She has an aura, which means that she can see you through walls. What are Lucario weak against? Fighting, ground and fire attacks. Instead of outrunning her, slow her down with incendiary ammo. She might die, but if she doesn't, then you can at least get away and fight another day.

If you want to get away from John or Six, use a stealth jammer, one that hides your position. It won't jam John's radar, but Eleos won't appear on it. All Eleos needs to do now is hide, Assassin's Creed style. You can't really injure them without bringing heavy firepower, but we're trying to escape right now.

Ill admit, there will most likely be a case where someone will "get a feeling", but if that happens, then ask them if they would realistically be able to find Eleos. If they have valid reasons, then okay, he's found. If you have valid reasons, then Eleos escapes. You also have to remember that we hold back on certain characters. John could easily kill anyone he comes across by forming a bubble of Darkness in their vital organs, then expand it until they explode, but that doesn't mean that he would do it. Where would the fun be in that? The Characters usually go all out on "extras", or characters that have very little importance to the story.
                    Last edited by S121; 12-04-2013, 03:04 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

I can totally see where you are coming from. Especially with the screen watching. *Aquanort disguised as Aqua places unnoticiable spell on child* *Everyone notices it*

What I am against however is 1 hit kills. It doesn't really add anything to the story if a Organization member suddenly fall over dead. One hit kills are the only thing I fight back against. How do you take down a Organization XIII member? You beat him to death until he disappeared. After this battle me and TRXD and maybe a one more battle between Ansem and John they won't be coming back again when they are defeated. As long as it is not a one hit kill.

As for how can humans take down a Organization XIII member? Well the thing you ask is kind of the same as asking how can a mice defeat cat. Of course it can be done, but they are also defined to be better than humans. If I do have to say something I would say numbers however. Find their weaknesses trough their attack patterns and exploit them like hell. Did you see that Saïx battle I posted? Before the player managed to use his weak spot he was a really strong character. When the player used it however he wasn't any threat at all. He didn't have time to attack or anything.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

@ S121
                        Maybe I'm just trying too hard. I thought when I was talking about Eleos before, I came up with similar concepts, but I swore they all got countered when I proposed them.

I don't know...I'm too tired now to worry about it and I feel better after venting. =w= ok

@ Katrix
                        aye, I understand the weakness concept and the how to
                        but then...snipers.
                        how would you play out that scenario, where a sniper, 2,000 meters away (about 18 football fields) takes aim at a character. how would you play that out?

anyway...
                        here I go again with tryint to stop posting so I study proper for finals.
                        night peeps
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 03:15 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I'll admit, some of it is blind faith that the other person won't screw you over, but sometimes you just gotta trust the other person that they will play as honestly as they can.

Rest easy, Cucoo. You just might be thinking too much about it.

Also, what ides are you referencing?
                          sigpic

Comment

@s121
                            Tbh I think at one point I had thought of ideas of how to take down characters that were similar to what you mentioned in your prior post. Except when i said it, they were slightly different from how you described them and they met immediate resistance and were shot down.

Faulty memory probably.

Comment

@Cucoo

Do you mean the toxin, or when you were talking about the sniper part?

With Chung, his class has a particular weakness, but I can't look it up right now, due to my internet being slow.

As for Dante, he's just hard. It's my understanding that stealth is the best way to go. Try using a railgun rifle, or a Gauss, or coil gun. I'm sure they would have those in 2042. I don't think anyone could dodge those.
                              Last edited by S121; 12-04-2013, 03:36 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

@S121
                                Its's obvious to me that the ability/power suppressing toxin is something nobody likes and despite how much i try to explain it, itll meet resistance.

But yea...im limited in my view because I use a generic approach for tackling things so the generic gets countered and when I try to adapt to that by going up one, I feel like I go into a loop of one upping that doesn't show me the simple weakness.

And so you think that I could have Eleos's Sniper rifle be outfitted so that it would be the size and mobility of something like the barrette but the power of a rail gun?
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X