X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Most of my strategies come from using weaknesses already present in Characters. I use their weaknesses against them because like a video game, it's the key to beating bosses.

I think the reason nobody seems to care very much for the toxin is because they don't like the idea of being able to be offed so easily with no hope for recovery. For me, it's because, realistically, it wouldn't work. You would need to cover genetic, magical, anatomical, and science-based abilities. They are each a completely different branch from one another and would need to be treated accordingly. It would need to be a magic pill or something for it to cover such a broad range of abilities. Maybe it's just me being too grounded in reality. I tend to do that.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

Well one of the reasons why I don't like that toxin is because in that case it becomes far too easy to do it. When they breathe in the Toxin they are pretty much already dead. I think it's better to find some sort compromise. Like that they can't use their powers in real pich like that. They still retain the, but they have to maybe think for a second or two that they want to use them.

I still don't like the idea of having them one hit die anyway. It's just like S121 said. John could instantly kill all of his opponents, but what is the fun in that. You have to realice that people don't like to part with their characters. I will, in time. But when I do I want it to have some meaning. Not that just randomly die. It almost feels like they died of some natural cause like heart attack or something like that. It just feels so anticlimactic.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

This is just in case clarification is needed.

When I said "offed", I didn't quite mean killed from the poison. I meant that once their powers are gone, they could be easily offed with a bullet to the head. They won't be able to dodge it, they won't be able to block it, they're dead or rendered inert for the rest of the RP.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@S121

Just the same thing as I was talking about.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Ahhh, ok.

I might go to sleep soon if SUSTIC doesn't appear.
            sigpic

Comment

@S121

Sleepy?
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

Morning everyone. I'm back. My parents shut off my network early last night and I just went to bed immediately afterwards.
                Time to check what you guys have been posting about.
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Katrix

Yea. I just fell asleep too.

Nighty nigtht, everyone. See you guys tomorrow.
                  sigpic

Comment

As soon as I log on... everyone logs off.

Comment

I'm here. I'm currently on my iPod at college with almost nothing to do
                      Not sure about Katrix or any of the others though.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

I'm just waking up, and logging on for the first time today.

Comment

@katrix + s121

General observation, you all read what I write without considering the literal definition of certain words.

In this case I think everyone isn't looking at the word suppressing the way I intended
                          Using part of its definition:
                          to prevent or inhibit
                          To restrain

When I say it that way, what does the toxin seem to be then? And the reason I say toxin more than poison...
                          Poison: causes death or injury
                          Toxin: at low concentrations, causes disease
                          Of course they're sort of synonymous but toxin is sort of a lesser than poison outright.

When im thinking properly, im deliberate with things...though most of the time its subconsciously. =w=

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

(I think I'll go back to sleep and come back when everyone else is back online. A nice little nap couldn't hurt...)
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok I'm truly back to my usual mindset.

And I'm going to crunch some numbers on snipers...

first...

I gotta figure out the muzzle velocity of a

and then
                              the muzzle velocity of any sort of "rail gun" (or anything similar such as the coilgun on such a scale)

then I gotta brush off some physics and make sure when I relate it to the speed of sound or anything about the bullet that might give any sort of preliminary warning, I don't do something strange.
                              of course my initial knowledge says that it would be next to humanly impossible for a sniper round to give off any warning as it would be traveling faster than sound. I just want to calculate how large of a margin is it with the modification of adding something like the coilgun concept onto a barrett.
                              And I want to hit every point as to prevent any "loose ends".

Begin information dump

from the wiki

Barrett
                              Originally posted by wiki
                              Muzzle velocity
                              853 m/s (2,799 ft/s)

Effective range
                              1,800 m (1,969 yd)
                              Coilgun
                              Originally posted by wiki
                              Adjustable yet smooth acceleration of the projectile throughout the barrel can allow somewhat higher velocity, with a predicted range increase of 30% for a 120mm EM mortar over the conventional version of similar length. With no separate propellant charges to load, the researchers envision the firing rate to approximately double.[14][15]
                              Speed of sound
                              343.2 m/s

Initial margin:
                              the bullet from the muzzle is traveling
                              853 m/s = 1908.10666 miles / hour = 2798.55643 feet / second
                              which means
                              853-343=510m/s faster than sound

510 m/s = 1140.83751 miles / hour or 1673.22835 feet / second faster than sound.

the bullet of just the barrett can travel about 9.3 football fields in a second
                              the effective range is 1800 m, therefore it takes 2.1 seconds to reach a target.

in 2.1 seconds, the sound wave of the gun firing would be 2.1 seconds * (343 meters / second) = 720.3 meters away from the source, 1079.7 meters away from the target.

now the only thing left would be...
                              the "bubble" around the bullet, which I doubt would give anyone enough preliminary warning to dodge it cause you have to take reaction time and the speed in which your body moves and how far it would take to move out of the way and thus the reaction time + the time it would take to move out of the way.

Then there's muzzle flash...
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-04-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X