X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TRXD

Kind of the same for me. I usually clear it away by writing long RP posts, playing platform games (tried Sonic generations, but got I crash after some time so I tried Sonic adventure two and it froze 3 times), playing puzzle games and so on.

I just finished a pretty good puzzle game and I think my brain is all squishy. http://www.kongregate.com/games/vishnuvp/dynetzzle
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

@S121
      Technically, I wouldn't call this a bad day. Nothing has genuinely gone wrong. It's just that too little is happening and there are too few people who are here to do things with.
      Like no-one gave a damn about me on the server. And I'm trying my best to say that with as little ego as possible. Which is very bizarre but unfortunate considering how many times I go on the server and the fact that most of the people on there right now do know me. And then these little things that keep creeping back up. Specifically the events on Christmas. It's almost a month since it happened.

@Katrix
      I would do that. But I don't have much games that I want to play right now and I'm not feeling too good to be posting for TSU or Noire.
      Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@ Katrix
        On faf, I think I'll wait until night to act. I got something planned out.

Comment

In all honesty, I might just go to bed in half an hour or so. I cannot be bothered to deal with this day. Too much on my mind, too few things to keep them at bay.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@Cucoo

You mind time skipping to night? Not right now, but within a reasonable time. Don't worry, I'll give your characters plenty to do.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Question: as far as I can tell on FAF, someone's heading east. Who?

Comment

@ TRXD

I know that feeling.

I kinda feel like that too
                ...though I think it's the lack of energy due to not eating breakfast and lunch =w=;

Call me absolutely insane but I just realized, The True Monado (Shulk's Monado) is supposed to be the ultimate tool for saving people, hence why over half of its specific abilities are buffs.
                But I have a feeling there is one thing It can't stop...even though Monado Purge seems to be the ultimate preventative measure in existence...

Monado Speed only can go so far and Monado Shield and Monado Armour can only block so much...

Shulk's Light heal is a single target means of healing someone or himself...

.....I don't even know what I blabbering about...

Curious, can anyone see something that the Monado can't save based on Shield/ Armour, Speed, and Purge?

@ Katrix

Are you doing a time skip or a transition to night?

If it's a transition, I'm fine whenever. If it's an actual skip...how long of a skip?

Comment

@Cucoo
                  Yeah... I can imagine so...

Right, I am heading to bed now. I'll see you guys tomorrow when I hopefully feel a bit better. Just as long as the Christmas events don't fill my mind...

Comment

@TRXD

Nighty night.

@cucoo

A nuke?
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Monado Shield would protect against that.

To be honest, here I was trying to make the perfect counter system to make a boss seem impossible to beat...
                      ....Shulk has the perfect counter system.

Anything fatal, he can counter as his visions kick in and 99% of all attacks can be blocked by something the Monado has.

The question is, does the 1% even exist?

Comment

@Cucoo

And here you said that The Monado was balanced, OP, but not too OP. -_-;

You said it yourself that the Monado Shield and Armor can only protect against so much, and that Monado Speed can only take you so far.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

@Wonder

Wriggle maybe, he was headed for Lake Skrimsli I think

@Cucoo

It will be both a transition to night and a time skip. A transition to night because it will only be jumping a few hours forward. A time skip because things will happen in that time span (but it will be pretty much the same) and it will still be a big gap (around 8 hours maybe).
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@ S121

Right

Shield if activated on time (considering it dissipates after 20 seconds) can nullify any physical damage (In your terms, I think you could relate it to the Halo Bubble Shield)
                            Speed can be used to evade most attacks that are more pin-point and unable to normally dodge AoE attacks. (Like in the current battle, gaseous attacks and venom) and it also only lasts for 20 seconds
                            Purge lasts a whole minute and can prevent the use of buffs and removes any that are already applied.
                            Armour is like Shield, but instead of nullifying, it boosts defense greatly on both physical and "ether based (energy)" attacks and has a bit more duration of about 45 seconds
                            Enchant is the move that grants a strength buff along with the ability to buff allies so that their attacks can cut through Mechon armor (which is tough stuff...) and this lasts a minute
                            Eater is like purge except instead of sealing, it inflicts bleed when removing buffs. It lasts for 45 seconds.

Buster, One of the only pure offense attack, giant light sabre strike. Cuts down Mechon with ease and can still deal a lot of damage to any other enemy. But it's purpose is Mechon...
                            Cyclone is the second where it just erupts with a massive blast of Ether energy around Shulk going upward where it's meant to inflict topple.

In short, Monado is not offensively strong, only defense.
                            Remember how when I pointed out it's stats? I said it was the most effective weapon in the game, not the strongest.
                            The strongest weapon belongs to Reyn and dwarfs the attack rate of the Monado. (It's like 3,000 or 5,000 max attack, while the Monado is only at 999.)

The reason I say it's the most effective...
                            is when you combine it with visions.
                            In short, Monado III (Shulk's Monado) + Shulk = OP as all hell in terms of raw defense.

But the question remains...considering everything above with all the abilities, I'm almost dead certain there's something that it can't defend against.

EDIT: I just watched something and realized...the durations aren't correct and are actually longer of some (except shield)
                            But I'm not going to try and find the true times (since the wiki actually doesn't have that info)

8 hours...

Ok I gotta think on that....

In the meantime I just want to see what your characters will be doing before I plan anything.
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-24-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

A nuclear blast can last about five minutes. The initial explosion, in this case being from a fission bomb, would only last a couple milliseconds. After that, the fission is done. What remains is the fireball at the end. The fireball is what you have to watch for. Anything within a far radius of it (depends on yield) will be severely burned by the fireball, if not incinerated. You also have to worry about radiation, which can kill in minutes, depending on how close you are to the initial explosion.

All I'm saying is that a nuclear bomb isn't just a quick, big explosion.

Of course, if you're thinking in terms of combat, then I'll need information on these visions. They only trigger when a killing or serious blow is going to be inflicted, correct?
                              Last edited by S121; 01-24-2014, 09:19 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Right, and they occur with enough time to react. For instance, the longest duration of a vision was when Egil controlled the Mechonis and was about to cut into the Bionis. That vision gave a ....a few minutes off the top of my head... (just enough time to destroy the devices that were necessary to perform such an attack)

So Shulk would have a vision well in advance of any nuclear attack.

Comment

Working...
                                X