X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ S121

the way I think it, a buff is anything that alters one's abilities from their normal state in the positive means (strength up, defense up, agility up, etc.)
    And Monado Purge and Eater removes all buffs as I've said before, and both have unique capabilities.

As Alvis said in a few cutscenes, The Monado is capable of changing the very fabric of existence at the base level. So it's abilities are technically a tier above boundary manipulation, as we've already determined when we discussed what the Monado really is.
    of course I would leave it at "whoever strikes first wins" but...eh.

Now I'm keeping the Monado true to game-play where it's "arts" have a duration
    Yukari's and thus Takoizu's boundary manipulation on the other hand....

Comment

@Cucoo

True.

What I'm doing is trying to find an upper limit to the Monado, like I do with anything that catches my interest. Finding out something's full potential, whether going by game or otherwise is good for stretching the mind.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, this is what I found. I also created the five steps to analyzing a dream.

Step 1: recall

Recall everything and every event that occurred in your dream.

Step 2: research

Find out what they all mean.

Step 3: organization

Organize them chronologically. This will help a lot when organizing a dream's meaning. If misplaced it could result in a different outcome.

Step 4: dissection

Take the important parts from each meaning and list them off. In order, of course.

Step 5: understandment

Put the pieces together and summarize them and voila, you now understand your dream.

I'll tell my dream after this post, but what do you guys think?

Comment

@Wonder

What's so sinister about that?
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, that wasn't the dream. Just the steps I took in finding the truth that can be used to analyze anyone's dreams.

Comment

Well, things got interesting quickly... Thinking about it, things are always quite interesting here...
              "A programmer doesn’t talk when he’s working" ~ Akasaka Ryuunnosuke from Sakurasou no pet na kanojo

Comment

@Wonder

Ahh, ok.

@Mehnum

Hello!

I take it you've seen some of the stuff we talk about, huh?
                sigpic

Comment

hi there menhum

here anything can happen XD

anyways i got to go again (being stared at by gf who has a wooden spoon)

i shall eat dinner and movie time cya><
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

The real upper limit is the wielder. I mean, when the attack is actually a formula where it's a multiplier of the character's level...

For gameplay balancing, The Monado had a cap of min-max attack of 999-999 when Shulk was lvl 99...which doesn't add up when I do the math...as when he's 99 it should be 1386-1782 if the wiki is right...
                    attack stability is really that important to nerf....idk....
                    you get 100% crit, so I guess that makes up for it...

anyway, case and point, the limit is the wielder.

Zanza does some OP moves with his Monado, so...

@ Mehnum

...how long have you been watching?

@ Kristia

and that brought back my mind...
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-24-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

So here's my dream analysis.

Step 1
                      Spoiler:
                      I dreamt I was in a car. Someone told me about a sword in a stone in a lake while I was watching the snow as we passed by it. I vowed to have it. All I remember was going through a secret passage way by twisting a shower knob. But once I got to the stone, the sword was gone. I remember feeling depressed. Somehow, right after, the lake turned into a game show site for teasing crocodiles. I remember emerging victorious with my enemies. I felt good about it.

Step 2 & 3 (since it's already organized)
                      Spoiler:
                      To dream that you are an adventurer indicates that you are lacking adventure in your waking life. You need some excitement and variety. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are too absorbed with your ambition that you do not take the time to acknowledge those who have helped you along the way. To dream that you are watching the snow fall represents a clean start and a fresh, new perspective. If you are in the backseat of a car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. To see a stranger in your dream signifies a part of yourself that is repressed and hidden. To dream that you are on a quest represents your life path and your life goals. To dream that you are making a vow represents a promise you made that will affect others. To dream that you are showering with your clothes on means that even though you may change your outer appearances, it does not change who you are on the inside. To see a lake in your dream signifies your emotional state of mind. A sword represents your strength, ambition, competitive nature decisiveness and willpower. If there are stones that are rough, then it represents your quest in recognizing and developing your self-identity. If the lake is disturbed, then you may be going through some emotional turmoil. To dream that you are missing something denotes a sense of being out of control and being disorganized. To dream that someone is stealing something from you indicates that you are experiencing an identity crisis or are suffering from some sort of loss in your life. Alternatively, the dream means that someone has stolen your success or has taken credit for something you did. To dream of failure signifies fears of inadequacy and low self-esteem. To dream of failure signifies fears of inadequacy and low self-esteem. To feel depressed in your dream refers to your inability to make connections. You are unable to see the causes of your problems and consequences of your decisions. To dream that you are on a game show suggests that you need to change some aspect of your life around. You may be experiencing feelings of uncertainty and what the future may hold. Consider the type of game show or the name of the game show. To dream that you are a traitor signifies self guilt. To dream that you are in danger suggests that your negativity and pessimistic attitude is causing you to be depressed about the future. To dream that you are teasing indicates that you are having a problem accepting an aspect of your own character as represented by the person being teased. To dream that you are chased or bitten by a crocodile denotes disappointments in love and in business. To see muddy or dirty water in your dream indicates that you are wallowing in your negative emotions. If you are immersed in muddy water, then it indicates that you are in over your head in a situation and are overwhelmed by your emotions. To dream of wading in water symbolizes your power and control over your emotions. To see your enemy in your dream represents opposing ideas and contradictory attitudes. You are in denial about something or you are rejecting someone. Enemies may also represent the enemies within yourself and the inner conflict you have with yourself. To dream of victory over something represents confidence in your abilities. You are seeking motivation in the course that you are taking. To see your enemy in your dream represents opposing ideas and contradictory attitudes. You are in denial about something or you are rejecting someone. Enemies may also represent the enemies within yourself and the inner conflict you have with yourself.

Step 4:
                      Spoiler:
                      Missing and stolen strength, ambition, competitive nature decisiveness and willpower.

Developing self identity.

Order has gone. Disorganization ensues.

Identity crisis.

An intense identity change is occurring.

Low self-esteem.

Unable to make connections or see consequences of decisions.

Uncertainty in what the future holds.

A change is needed.

Self guilt.

Depression for the future.

Problem accepting disappointments in love.

Overwhelmed by negative emotions.

Control over my negative emotions.

Life is in order when I accept my inner conflictions.

I feel confidence in my actions.

Measuring up to the expectations of others.

Step 5:
                      Spoiler:
                      I allowed my inner self to let me find another aspect of life. I was shown the happier things in life. Then, when I sought them out, they turned dark. I was shown the pains in life. My hidden self -- my true self -- showed me that this disorder will continue unless I accept my inner demons. And I did. I did not like romances resulting in failure and pain. I was overwhelmed by my negative emotions... And I accepted it all. I finally felt content. I wanted more. I sought motivation for it. I had unveiled a large forbidden aspect of myself. Now I fear I cannot stop it.

Comment

@wonderweiss

What did I just read... That must have been the most intense dream every to have like crocodiles on a game show...
                        "A programmer doesn’t talk when he’s working" ~ Akasaka Ryuunnosuke from Sakurasou no pet na kanojo

Comment

Well, it felt like a game........

JESUS' HOLY CRAP I FORGOT TO MENTION IT TOOK PLACE IN A CAVE yea like it'll make things better...

Comment

@ Wonder

...oh gods now you have me critically analyzing the dream that resulted in my OC Kiara's backstory in EG.
                            ...I....don't even...
                            pfpfppfpfpffffft....ahhahahahahhaha.....
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-25-2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

@Wonder

How about mine?

I'll give one from a couple years ago.

I was walking through a wateland, similar to the ones you see in post-apocalyptic movies. I had a bullet-proof vest, an AR-15, a knife, and a backpack full of supplies. There was a dust storm raging, and unfortunately for me, I had nothing to shield my eyes, so I used my arm instead. After a couple minutes following the street I was on, I came across a beat up tower made of sheet metal and pipes to my right flank, and a rusted, blown up car to my left flank. As I walked in between them, a random rugged man appeared on the ledge of the tower with an RPG, and all of a sudden, he fired. The rocket slammed into the ground behind me, a couple feet away, and I was launched against the car's rusted hood, where I bounced and rolled to the other side of the car. I was jarred from the hit I took, but I seemed fine, just a ringing in my ears and slightly blurred vision. Thanks the the dust storm, the man was having a hard time seeing me, so what I did is that I sneaked over to the tower and quietly climbed up the piping. As soon as I got up top, the man had another rocket prepped and fired at me, but I jumped to the side, and as soon as the rocket passed by me, I lunged at him with my knife, stabbed him, and tossed him off the ledge, a 50 foot drop.

That's where the dream ended.
                              Last edited by S121; 01-25-2014, 12:13 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hmm... It'll take a while. Mine took a couple days. But maybe I'll have it by tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X