X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Yes, but would that be enough time to escape the bomb's radius? There's having visions of what can happen, then there's having visions of the inevitable. He would need to quickly escape the radius if he wanted to survive, and that could take a while.

As for combat, my idea is that the wielder of the Monado is the weakness. Let's just say that Takoizu fights either Shulk or Jack. She would simply have to alter the boundary of able/unable on the wielder, removing their ability to hold the Monado. This is not a serious blow, or anything of the sort, which would prevent that countermeasure. After that, we can assume that they will still fight, which would take a good couple minutes.

Of course, if you don't like that solution, simply fight Shulk, man-to-man. No magic, no buffs. Guns and swords will work. It would be a decent fight, but depending on the combatant, they need to either wear Shulk out, cut him little by little until Shulk dies by one thousand cuts, or overpower him with firepower, eliminate his ability to dodge, use non-lethal traps, or use his visions against him. While he's having the vision, he is vulnerable, correct? Is it instantaneous, or does he sort of zone out for a moment while he has them?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

im back home people, my body aches with exhaustion and my soul is relaxed
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

He does slightly zone out to portray it, but in combat, in game play, it pauses everything and you watch the vision which shows a timer and what you have to change, in cutscenes it's just a brief thing, barely any time passes.

Of course, Shulk can see visions. Technically, Jack wouldn't be able to, as he's not a seer like Shulk or Alvis. Zanza is Zanza...so I'm not listing him here.

But, here's a cutscene that proves your latter idea

Shulk himself is weak combatant. His "arts" (abilities) are more for removing agro and back stabbing and just inflicting special statuses. He has an attack that, when it connects to the side of an opponent, drops their defense, and a back slash move that deals bonus damage and sometimes bleed. His stream edge and air slash inflict break, which prepares an enemy for topple. he also has Shadow Eye which removes agro against him, and boosts his next art attack. He has light heal and battle soul (which recharges the monado at the price of his own HP) and Shaker edge which dazes enemies inflicted with topple.
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-24-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

@Kristia

Welcome back!

What happened?

@Cucoo

So there are simple countermeasures one can use against The Monado, mainly the wielder, you just have to be smart about it, just like how you would go about taking out other characters. Come into the battle with a strategy, and victory will be yours.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Right

now if metal face were to follow through and kill shulk if Fiora didn't intervene, Shulk would have had a vision prior to the stun.
            So it's more conditional to when the kill will hit.

Also the curious thing is the fact the Monado III is more a part of Shulk than anything...

Comment

Well utsuh, the presentation took longer than expected, Rebeca was explaining her project by using me and my nerves were pressed many times to show how the body reacts in certain places.

After that she took me to her home since I was physically dead (sort of lol) and I woke up half an hour ago and came home
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

At first I was thinking "And my mind will go down the road of dirty thoughts."

...soon after I just got nothing other than "so like acupuncture or the hammer on the knee concept?"

Comment

I knew you had perverted thought cucoo.. XD

Rebeca was explaining the pressure points of the human body, but she needed people who would be ok to be in underwear since some of the places are in areas like stomach, thights, etc..

I was ok with that since I got a day off from school because I was part of a project. Yet I forgot my belly scar, that earned quite some scares ^^;

Spoiler:

Comment

...surprisingly...
                    ...nothing still.
                    ...normally I have something witty that comes with it but...I got nothing.

Perverted side of my brain, has thou gone on vacation?
                    THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Comment

@Kristia

So you were a human guinea pig, huh?

You got the day off, so that can't be too bad.

How did you get the scar? That's if you don't mind me asking, of course.

@Cucoo

Also the curious thing is the fact the Monado III is more a part of Shulk than anything...
                      Which means?
                      sigpic

Comment

@Utsuh

Well.. I was in the bank in the wrong time, a guy came in and had a gun. It happened in an instant so I barely felt it. And as you can see me here writing, Im physically ok

And cucoo..

I love making mindf*cks to people

anyways, IŽll be off for some hours, 3 at tops exaggerated and..

My mind is going mischevious today, I think I the part you lost is with me at the moment, cya later tonight ^^
                        Last edited by Kristia; 01-24-2014, 10:28 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

whathaveIdone...

@ S121

Probably thinking too hard on it, but Monado III is called Shulk's Monado and from what I can gather, there is a slight soul-bond with them...

Comment

@Kristia

It's good to hear you came out alright.

Later.

@Cucoo

If we want to get detailed with the first option, Takoizu could cut the link between them by altering the boundary of connection/separation, then turn around and use the able/unable boundary in less than a second, due to her enhanced processing speed.

I have interesting questions about the Monado and the boundary of alteration/preservation, along with what is defined as a buff. Could the Monado alter a boundary and person that is immutable? It cannot be changed by the very definition and nature of the boundary, so it would work, right? Can the Monado even affect abstract concepts such as that? It works on a different level, and if you want to get technical, a sugar rush, or a caffeine high could be considered a buff, but would it affect those as well?
                            sigpic

Comment

Damn, Mexico, man. A dangerous fucking place.

Anyways, you know how dreams have meanings? Well O looked into one of my older dreams which happen to be one where I remember most of it and I uncovered something very sinister...

Comment

@Wonder

What did you find?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X