Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh hi there Zekai

Thise games are amazing and I liked their story
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia
      I never got Blue Rescue Team until recently. I got Red Rescue Team on my Birthday in 2006 and it was the best. I unfortunately didn't get a DS until Christmas 2010 after the DSi came out so I didn't Explorers until a year or two after that. And then I picked up Explorers of Sky, loved its added content (including having Riolu as a partner).
      As for Gates to Infinity... I still have quite a way to completing it and passing final judgement upon it. It definitely innovates on the game mechanics but its story has been BAD and sooo predictable so far.

But I can agree, Mystery Dungeon has a great story to it. It's definitely one of my favourite spin-off series of all time and undoubtedly among my favourite portable video game series as well.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

This game is hard.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@Isaac
          Ah, Moltres... He was such a dick to non-water types. In fact, all the legendary birds are dicks. But when you recruit them in post-game, you become unstoppable.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

You can recruit bird bros?

AWESOME.

Although I'm kinda worried about the Rayquaza battle.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

you can recruit almost all the legendaries
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Isaac
                Well, it's Rayquaza. A dragon-flying type meaning that almost no hero-partner combo has a real advantage against him if they use their STAB moves.
                And... You didn't know about the post-game recruits? Have you ever beaten Mystery Dungeon's story?

@Kristia
                I'm just remembering the number of times I had to fight Groudon over and over in an attempt to recruit him. In an older save, I had most dungeons unlocked and post-game content done but I could never recruit Groudon.
                Spoiler:

"Why won't you join me, Groudon?! Why?!"
                Last edited by Luna Pixu; 02-16-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

No. I only just learned how to evolve. I have to go to Luminous Cave post game.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

so you haven´t met either kyoger and Lugia?

another challenge is recruiting the illusive mew (damn you flying cat!)

Spoiler:

Comment

I just met Absol.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@Isaac
                        Yeah, the inability to evolution can be a bit annoying. Actually, just grinding to evolve is annoying because of how slowly pokémon level up. I swear that the devs gave the hero and partner XP boosts. Also you're never told what the level for evolution is because evolution is not like it is in the main Pokémon games. Some Pokémon evolve sooner, others take ages. In fact, they even put level requirements for Pokémon that evolve with stones and other requirements. Want a Flareon or Umbreon? Too bad, you have to grind to evolve your Eevee.

@Kristia
                        Oh, I know about those two. Stormy Sea alone is a pain in the ass and Silver Trench is almost as bad. But Groudon is so easy compared to other legendaries and their dungeons and yet I could NEVER recruit him. I must have beaten him 40 or so times with no luck.
                        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 02-16-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

there are scarfs or seeds that boost the chance of recruiting if I remember

Spoiler:

Comment

I got all the legendaries with that friendship scarf and got every pokemon available in the game.

Sent by Phone using Tapatalk
                            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Recruitment is based on RNG?

Oh geez

That's worse than Fire Emblem....

Fire Emblem has some units that can only be recruited if you talk to them with the right unit.
                              Or meet certain criteria like the Gaiden Chapters...

Comment

@Kristia
                                I don't recall encountering them in the Rescue Team games. I remember finding a Friend Bow in Explorers though which increases recruitment. Either they weren't in the Rescue Team games or I never found one.

Comment

Working...
                                X