X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Pringles
    Keep it simple, Pringles, dammit! You can get upgrades later!

It doesn't come cheap, of course.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Blargh! More disconnects make TRXD angrier! Got the post for TSU ready to go. I'll post it as soon as I've read all of the posts.

Also, I see that Mega's Mech RP is up. Time to browse through my AirMech collection to see which ones I could pick. I could be a cheap bastard and attempt to bring in the UFO but I could just be more simplistic and go for the Bomber/Mantis.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

You guys have fun, I'm going to sleep.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
          It is simple, it's just that I'm explaining how everything works. It's not upgraded, just that I need to list off its details and list its capabilities. I might need to weaken it in terms of physical strength though. A rough estimate of it's actual strength would be AT LEAST 400 metric tonnes, based on how much artificial muscle it has, but I'll probably put it's safety parameters at around 40-45 metric tonnes. The artificial muscle is actually based off of John's suit from Halo.

As for the piloting system, it will use a neural interface system, connecting directly into the person's brain, kind of like the neural interface of the MJOLNIR armor.

The armor will most likely be a Titanium alloy with an ablative heat shield to protect it from heat-based attacks. It's not a particularly efficient defense against heat-based weaponry, but it will get the job done until he can get an upgrade of some kind.

His thruster jets should be able to let him fly at a good 400 mph, while his running speed will be 200.

The reactor will be a fusion reactor, nothing fancy. It's supposed to power a decent sized mech, so it doesn't need to be overly powerful, but it could use an upgrade later on in the RP.

His strengths will be mobility and offensive capability. He will be able to move quickly in battle and can hit hard with his weaponry. His speed is not where his agility comes from, it's the synchronization between the pilot and the mech, allowing the mech to react as soon as the pilot thinks about performing an action. It's decent all around, but it shines in those two particular fields.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@ Zekai
            GOD F*CKING DAMMIT THAT PROSTHETIC ARM IDEA WAS MINE, DAMMIT! YOU BETTER NOT GO SAYING IT CAN LINK TO ELECTRONICS AS WELL DX

If the arm is normal, I can roll with it. Or if it has any other ability, sure. But if you DARE IT CAN LINK TO ELECTRONICS YOU WILL BE HUNTED!!!

Comment

Hm.. wonder, Mra from EG has that and maybe, focusing on the maybe, I will put her there
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

merp

Additional Information

- Orion's Legacy: Consists of the fighter frame X-01 "Sonic Blade" which Aion modified into X-02 Eclipse Blade as well as (Bracing for the fact I smell this conflicting with something in the story canon) the framework for AETHER. Aion in short finished his mentor's work, and customized both to his style.

- Aurora: Although obviously an AI, Aion believes her to be the conscious of his sister, Tina.

- Knowledge: Because Aion hand built X-02 and AETHER, he knows their systems inside and out. However he is not the most adept mechanic, he can tell when something is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

- Weapons:
                Aion himself carries a broad sword that can separate into two single-edged sabres. This is known as the D-Helix Sabre. It is also a versatile gunblade with the barrel aligned with the blunt edge of the sabres or the blood channel of them combined. capable of firing moderately sized energy pulses in a shotgun manner. In addition, the blunt side of the sabres have thrusters allowing him to swing them with greater force.
                The same style of weapon is on his mech.

His fighter, X-02 Eclipse Blade, has a full complement of non-guided missiles known as SPARROWS. Small, fast, and designed to pierce armor to cause structural damage. They do not explode, but the sheer quantities fired at one time makes them effective. A single pod has about 300 SPARROWS and he can choose how many to fire off at a time. X-02 has 4 pods equipped at any given time. SPARROWS are most effective when 100 are fired off at once.
                It also has an energy pulse gattling gun where its ability to fire is tied to his fighter's power core. If energy exists, it can fire.

His Mech's capabilities are similar to his fighter and his own personal sword, D-Helix; fast and capable of dealing rapid damage. The swords' energy edge allows it to cut through tougher materials with less force. He uses his mech's speed and the thrusters on the blades themselves to cleave through materials.
                Embedded in the shield is a pod of SPARROWS, however only 150 are in it.
                Pulling more stuff from EG and adapting it for IS.

cross posting to confirm: I feel like I'm missing something important to point out....I can't put me finger on it >.<'

Comment

@Everyone in IS

What do you guys think about this so far?

Note that this is one of the Arm Slave's key strengths, hence why it's so advanced.

Should I add anything? Is it okay? What are your thoughts?

Interface: Unlike conventional piloting and neurological interfaces, this Arm Slave uses a unique neural interface that completely synchronizes with the pilot, then transfers the pilot's consciousness into the Arm Slave. This sends the pilot's body into a comatose state, similar to when one sleeps, and remains in the Arm Slave until operation is ceased. When the pilot's consciousness is implanted into the Arm Slave, it is almost fused with the AI's consciousness, allowing both Pilot and AI to perform and act as one, increasing the reaction time and mobility of the Arm Slave. While the pilot is within the Arm Slave, he/she can feel what the Arm Slave feels, thanks to nano-scale sensors built into the Arm Slave. They are not as sensitive as human nerves, but they still register a small amount of pain and pressure to provide feedback to the AI and pilot. Not only can the pilot feel what the Arm Slave feels, they can also see what the Arm Slave sees, giving the pilot access to radio wave, infrared, x-ray, night vision, and enhanced vision scanners and vision types. Not only that, the pilot is able to gain access to some of the Arm Slave's more advanced functions, such as adjusting it's strength factor, overclocking certain systems, and performing calculations not possible by a normal human.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Man... Today has been slow and boring. And yet it's a Wednesday! One of my better days!

@Wriggle
                    Lynne's dorm is 209A. You put 207A.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

You really are brewing up a storm, aren't you Pringles? XD
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@ S1

I was thinking the same thing to be honest...though minus the fusing part.

Comment

@S121

I was thinking of something similar to think for Blitzrizer but not being used until much later on. Just the increase of reaction time.
                          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Wriggle

Well, I wanted my Arm Slave to be special and unique to all the other Arm Slaves, to bring something unique to the RP.

Here's another entry from its capabilities.

Armor: The Arm Slave's armor is a multi-layered Titanium Alloy, protecting it from most minor and moderate damages, with a respectable resistance to more damaging attacks. Due to the armor being made out of Titanium, it is highly resistant to heat and electric-based attacks. The melting temperature of the inner layer is 1,668 °C, or 3,034 °F, while the Titanium Carbide ablative outer layer has a melting point of 3,160 °C, or 5,720 °F. The electrical conductivity is very poor, with an IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard) score of only 3.1%. The Arm Slave also has an onboard adjustable shield generator, albeit a fairly weak one. The shield can survive a strong impact or explosion, but continuous damage will overload the shield and break through it. The shield can be adjusted by either a pilot, or an AI, allowing the shield's strength to be allocated to certain areas of the Arm Slave, strengthening certain areas while weakening other areas. The shield is usually used for mobility purposes, due to it being frictionless.

@Cucoo

Yea, my idea is similar to Halo, only it takes things a step further.

It's just that you see everyone else using the whole machine-and-pilot synchronization method, and I was originally going to use that before everyone else did it. Seeing that it was already taken, I went with something a little better that would also explain my Arm Slave's advantage in mobility.

@Zekai

Ahh.

Well, at least I have mobility going for me, right.
                            sigpic

Comment

@Pringles
                              Would they really be using Titanium 600 years into future when they had extraterrestial contact?
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

@ S1

Aye, though when I say I was thinking of something similar...

remember how I mentioned in EG something about a sort of mind-link device?

Also on the armor...
                                ...I did some research on aircraft that fly at hypersonic speeds.
                                I'll technically have similar armor as what your stating.
                                Because that's what's needed at those speeds. =w=

I mean, right off, my mech is pure speed. Nothing can touch it right now. I would have strengthened "shields"...on the shield... and the materials needed to resist the affects of traveling at Mach 7. Titanium alloys seem to be the common feature...
                                And the joints would have to be resilient to the affects of supersonic and hypersonic travel...
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-26-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X