X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don´t think most are dumb, maybe it is on their personalities?

take for example Mara from EG, she can withstand most stuff, but rub it too much and it will irritate her

maybe that is the reason?

by the way, why do you right without putting space? the key has some malfunction?
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

becauseIdothissometimeswhenIwanttosimulatemumbling .

*cough*

and maybe so...but...it almost is begging Alvis to show up later when everything he just warned of comes to pass and he just shows up to say in the most elaborate way possible "I told you so."

Comment

@Cucoo

I wouldn't say that their stupid. You insult us by saying that. It's very clear what they say, it's just that you have no idea how Jack acts.

Jack is the kind of person that expects direct answers, such as "Yes", "No", "The ACO did something bad to Cole and Flandre". When alvis was more direct at the end, Jack was less angry and simply annoyed by Alvis.

Basically, he doesn't like BSing. He is incredibly straighforward, and if you don't do as he says, he will quickly get angry with you. He is, to be blunt, a psycho. His armor is almost a direct mirror to his soul, hence why he customized it to look like that. He's supposed to be on that fine line between villain and good guy, so antihero that people question his morality.

You see, many SPARTANs expect you to give them direct answers with no BS. In the military, they are given direct answers because it takes less time and is more efficient. Doing otherwise means that you are wasting their time. If Alvis talked with Isaac, Isaac would be more lenient, but because you are dealing with SPARTANs, you are going to quickly aggravate them. They are more strict and are no-nonsense. They expect you to tell them the facts without being cryptic, just like how they would expect someone from the military to answer them.

Basically, Jack is a psycho with a short fuse, and if you piss him off, he will hurt you. SPARTANs expect you to answer them in the plainest way possible because of efficiency, and it annoys them when you break away from that, due to their training.
        Last edited by S121; 03-09-2014, 11:14 PM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ S1

IwasspecificallytryingtosaythatIfeellikewe'reholdi ngthembackandthusmakingthemstupid.

I understand military, but that's not an excuse for being...dense.

Even Cole was being...dense.

I feel like we're purposely holding back our characters intelligence by making them way too dense.

dense was the word I was looking for.

Comment

hm.. nah

Im not going to get into this argument

time to continue readying skyrim fanfiction while waiting
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

nonononono

I'm just trying to understand

Are 90% of all the characters we make and RP as meant to be dense and easily frustrated by things that just aren't served to them on a silver platter?

Comment

@Cucoo

But see, that's the thing. Alvis was answering Jack with questions, answering questions with questions, and whenever Alvis gave Jack an actual answer, he simply told Jack something he already knew, then asked Jack another question. The only exception was when he told Jack about the ACO releasing Cole and Flandre instead of outright killing them. Near the end, he was telling Jack things he didn't know.

I can't vouch for any of the other Characters that aren't under my control, but you just gotta trust me that I'm RPing them correctly, or at least for the most part. It's hard to RP as SPARTANs that are supposed to have genius-level IQs and if I did make them "more intelligent", I just know that somebody's going to say that I'm giving them information that they didn't have and will say that I'm metagaming. It happened a lot in season 1, so I had to tone them down.

If you're going to be blunt and tell me that everyone I RP is dense, then I guess I'll just have to show you how OP their intelligence will be...

You saying that they are dense is like insulting a handicap. I'm making them dense for everyone in this RP because of the comments lined with small complaints.

I was trying to be fair by making them a little less intelligent, but now I'm being told that I'm doing a bad job at RPing them. What am I supposed to do?

Maybe it's the stress of trying to finish this Dovah app, or maybe I'm absolutely right. Perhaps I shouldn't blame you. After all, it all happened before you joined the RP, and if that's the case, then I apologize, but I don't want people telling me that I'm metagaming.
                Last edited by S121; 03-09-2014, 11:40 PM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

EDIT

Ok new information
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-09-2014, 11:45 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Look at my above post.

You threatening me with the suppression of people's powers is not going to help. It's only mounting more stress on me because of the fact that I can't do anything about it...
                    sigpic

Comment

ok cuco and s1

let´s just put it on.

maybe some characters are dense and others aren´t, while the cryptic characters are either too much or are normal..

So let me say something as the neutral side. Move on, geez there is no need for another discussion of points of view that surely
                      and will finish like nothing happened.

But then again, you want intelligent characters? you are on, just get a "cryptic" character to meet one of my characters and we will talk

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler: Original Post

@ S1

Ok sure, there is a point in handicapping...but still, there comes a point where I think a little bit of common sense should play out here.

If violence is the solve all answer to riddles then I'm playing all the wrong characters...

You shouldn't have to handicap them by making them violent towards everything.
                        Same goes for...everyone.

That's just...too much of a handicap.

Idon'tknow....Ijustdon'tknow...whatamIsaying...? x.x

I ask too many questions

EDIT: The threat isn't a threat. It wasn't meant to be but I'm just gone into the land of never getting my point across in the way I want to be.

@ Kristia

I'm just staring at what could be and I'm just staring at things saying "Why?"

I just don't know anymore

Forget it.

I'm just feeling frustrated by the fact that all my characters keep getting answered by violence. I dread when Eleos gets into things because he doesn't have the perfect defenses that Alvis has.

I'm scared. I've rolled so many weak cryptic characters. Alvis is my only ace.
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-10-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

To be honest, if I RP the SPARTANs and Prometheus Labs with as much intelligence as they should have, the ACO would be easily killed in a matter of days, without Takoizu, the Characters, or Alvis's help.

First is the intelligence gathering phase. They would collect as much intel as possible, maybe storm a couple of the ACO's bases. The ACO would be nothing to a small group of SPARTANs. After all, they kill thousands of technologically superior aliens before dying, so a couple hundred technologically inferior soldiers are nothing to them, even if they have Character tech. After gathering data from each base's mainframe, they will quickly piece together where the main base is, along with what each base does. After that, they load up some of their heaviest weaponry, fly over their bases, and rain down a storm of 110mm rounds from a couple Longswords, along with a couple 120mm rounds, for good measure. After the top of their fortified bunkers are dealt with, the SPARTANs would come pouring in, killing everyone in the ACO with plasma and Forerunner weaponry.

The point I'm trying to make is that if I didn't make people stupid, everyone in this RP would be very upset with me, and I really don't want that. Each Spartan is supposed to have a very high IQ, probably in the 150 range. An army of geniuses would completely destroy anything in their way, and I'm not even RPing them right. I'm not as smart as them, so maybe they would come up with a better way of hunting down the ACO, maybe by bugging the ACO's supplies. After all, the ACO needs toilet paper, and when they receive their order, Prometheus Labs would know and would kick down their door. After all, in the books, a couple SPARTAN-II children used the same tactic to track a person that was hidden in some secret base. They bugged his order of cigars, and once the order arrived, they kicked down his door and killed him.

In short, geniuses are too OP, so I had to severely nerf them. I really don't want to get yelled at for RPing them how they should be RPed, but so far, I've been asked how my characters could have known choice bits of information. I make them dense so that I won't be accused of metagaming. It was a huge problem for me back in season 1.

I know you don't want me to simply kill off the ACO within a couple days, but you turn around and tell me that I'm making them too dense. It's like being torn in half between RPing them correctly, and trying to make people happy. I can't do both. If you can promise me that nobody will accuse me of being unfair, or metagaming, I will give you the intelligent characters you desire. I will make you feel as if somebody actually "gets it", but until then, I am chained to a post with you essentially throwing rocks at me, you are telling me to make them more intelligent, but I can't. It would piss you and everyone else here off, and I don't want to be "that guy". I'm already bad enough as it is with the battle tactics I use.

Sure, Jack is violent. I RPed him EXACTLY how he is supposed to be RPed. As for John, he is mad at Alvis for sneaking into his and Yukari's house, and taking blood from her when she was sleeping. I don't know about you, but if somebody broke into my house and took blood from somebody I cared about, there would be hell to pay. The fact of the matter is, Alvis simply rubs people the wrong way. It's creepy when some really calm guy walks up to you and starts asking you questions, acting as if he knows everything, and as if he knows you. If you didn't know this guy, you would be on edge too, and would be somewhat standoffish about him as well. I understand where you are getting at, but I'm not purposely answering Alvis with violence simply because they don't get it. It's because he just happens to rub everyone the wrong way. That demeanor he has would be creepy in reality, so that's why he gets so much hostility.

That's just my guess, but I'm sure I have some valid points. I bet if you used any of the other Characters, you would be fine, just as long as they don't do something to creep people out, or rub them the wrong way. If you want, give me a character of yours and I'll tell you how they rubbed someone the wrong way. I think Shulk is the only guy people didn't answer with violence, but that's because of his demeanor. He's a nice guy, so they were nice to him.
                          Last edited by S121; 03-10-2014, 12:30 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

right but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ84UWORgG8

haveIbeenplayinghimwrong?

haveIfailedinreplicatinghimcorrectly?

Comment

I agree with utsuh

Having the total freedom to travel via internet gives Renamon an almost free pass to check everything if she wanted too, if the fox was strong in the real world, the Digital one is her zone of power. Being an analitic being is what she is mostly one of her best skills in her abilities, so when she has the intel of ACO, she will search for it and will know to who give it.

You already know that she and Nera are living liar detectors, scanners, scouts, whatever you call it to know there is someone trailing them. I haven´t put much effort o searching about the ones who targeted the beast duo in the time skip because the fox has something that she truly fears on her mind.

Heck I even have something to counter utsuh´s almost perfect villain and it is something that is canon and great for it.

So im ready to start working on the search of ACO, WRAITH or whatever organization

EDIT:

From what I see of Alvin, he is a person of great knowledge, he has a bit of cryptic accent, but is rather straightforward
                              Last edited by Kristia; 03-10-2014, 12:39 AM.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

I watched the video, and I THINK I found the problem. You see, in the video, Alvis was a little more direct. He gave answers. See, in the earlier conversation in Prometheus Labs, Alvis was simply answering questions with questions and not fully linking things together for people. His way of speaking, along with his presence threw people off. He appeared as somewhat ominous instead of mysterious. If it makes you feel better, I did a crappy job of RPing as John in season 1, and even make a couple mistakes here. I try to balance his canon personality with what has happened to him so far, but sometimes I have my doubts. If you want, I'll try to accommodate for Alvis's personality, but just know that he isn't all mystery. He also gives important information. I won't lie, he seems like a hard person to RP as. He seems to have an unusual balance of being direct with just a hint of being cryptic, but not enough to force you into deep thought. He has an unusual balance.

Tell you what, tomorrow we're supposed to have an RP exercise where we interview the Characters. This might give you an opportunity yo refine the character. The exercises helped me with Isaac and John, so it might help you too. The problem is, we're not perfect at emulating the characters' personalities, so all we can do is try our best. Heck, I try my hardest, and despite that, I sometimes fail. It's just a matter of refining the personality. If you want, we could start now, try and work on the personalities at this moment.

What do you say? Should we try it now?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X