X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RP exercise, what´s that?
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Remember the character interviews we did back in the old OOC? Those were RP exercises. They were for fun, but they also functioned as a way to sharpen our ability to RP as the Characters.

@Cucoo

Look at my last post. I'm not 100% sure, but I might have the answer.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

right now I feel like I've failed in everything

The main thing is that I'm so used to Alvis where he says something that just creates this massive pivot point...and it was in the form of a question

"You need to find your Monado. Are you ready?"
        He asks this of Shulk through a vision, although Shulk doesn't know it was him who asked it.

This one question constructed so much for the story.
        It links to all these different things

The True Monado "Monado III"
        The Path to the Future
        The Fact that the Monado Shulk had was Zanza's Monado
        Shulk's test. The test of his will to see if he is ready to confront Zanza.

Even though this question appeared only in like...chapter ~5, it came back in chapter ~20 and finally is realized about 10 chapters later in Endgame

I've failed in pulling that off.
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-10-2014, 01:06 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I think I see the problem. You tried to construct his personality on that one quote. Yes, it was pivotal, but if you're intense all the time, it can quickly make things turn sour. I tried that with the John in ATWAP by using his dead serious mood from Halo 4, and he's way too serious now. John is somewhat serious, but he's not entirely a robot. He has a sense of humor and isn't quite as cold as how I portrayed him in ATWAP.

As for John in ATWAG, John was supposed to be much colder towards people and was supposed to speak much less, but I miserably failed in that.

Yes, I wanted him to be a little friendlier from his canon personality, but I sometimes think I made him too much of a boy scout. He's sometimes too nice, too eager to help people. Maybe I messed him up, or maybe I'm doing it right. To be honest, the John in EG is closer to canon than ATWAG's John will ever be, but I don't hate ATWAG John. I had to balance out his abilities with a little bit of psychological weakness, so he's how he should be. All I'm saying is that nobody's perfect, so don't beat yourself up too badly. You can't expect yourself to perfectly RP as a character right off the bat. It takes time to settle into the role, to get a feel for their personality.

I'm no master RPer, but you might be able to offset his presence if you make him a little more direct and make sure that he is just a tiny bit friendlier. Not a lot, just a very small amount.

Alvis seems like a hard person to RP as, but it's just a matter of refining it, kind of like experimenting with a food recipe experiment with the ingredients of his personality, and you will soon get it the exact way you want it to be. I'm not going to lie, it will be hard to RP as him, but you should be able to get by.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, let me ask you guys about both Renamon and Midna then

I know that the twili is usually mischevious, but also has her moments of seriousness. She tends to speaks with sarcasm, but with hint of real things

The fox is a silent and analitical digimon who is more mature than her allies, but from inside she does care for them, especially her human partner and is direct
            when needed

Im not going to ask about Nera, Mara, or Kris since the first are are actually OCs and the third is what you mold in her game

so what do you guys think about them in the RP? am I doing a good job or need to check something, I will accept any comment
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

There doesn't seem to be anything glaringly wrong about them. Of course, I don't know them as well as with my own characters, so it might be harder for me to give you a good answer. I'll also need to read Midna's dialogue more closely. Either way, the RP exercise will show us what we need to improve on, help us refine their personalitles, and will be fun at the same time.
              sigpic

Comment

When I started with him I felt like I was doing him dead on. I kept getting the same chills as it felt like it came naturally.

that last scene just...I went so wrong.

Everything prior was so right...

And it was starting so right...but the balls I was being served back were not the ones I was expecting.

I had to pull from this scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im3kuT9zj-M

He doesn't respond to violence the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwqoqnDdYUM

In the prior scene, Alvis explains a lot...but at the end he still goes on with that last little bit of "You already know..."
                ...even though we don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rPght7Sorg
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-10-2014, 01:46 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I see what you were trying to do, but he didn't have a familiar relationship with anyone. He simply acted as if he personally knew everyone right off of the bat. In the scene you just showed, Shulk was on the exact same page as Alvis because they had met a few times before. They could talk to each other like that without any problems. They both knew exactly what was going on. If you watch the first encounter between Shulk and Alvis, you sill see that Alvis uses Shulk's reputation as a means to mask his knowledge of him. When Alvis tried that on Cole, he had no cover up for his knowledge. Cole is, to put it bluntly, a nobody in terms of intel. He is that way because he has tried to keep himself in the shadows and was imprisoned in Org XIII's base. Perhaps it was because Alvis was a little too direct in the beginning, then became indirect when they were all asking him questions.

what I see in Alvis is that he is fairly direct, but he also has the mysterious air about him, and speaks in a somewhat cryptic manner. It's almost contradictory. He's somewhat straightforward, yet he's somewhat cryptic. He has just enough of both to make him mysterious without becoming too strange or ominous. It's a hard balance.

As for the situation in The Labs, he just happened to meet a really irritable SPARTAN. Alice was on edge when around Alvis, but she didn't threaten violence. The only reason she was increasinglly on edge was because Alvis was a little too indirect. He answered too many questions with questions. You got him down fairly well, but maybe you got the balance between question-answers and answers wrong by just a little. I would say that the second half of the conversation was closer to how he would act, right before Jack attacked him.

You were good on that part, but it was just a matter of Jack being volatile. He simply followed through with what he said he was going to do. Perhaps it also had to do with SPARTANs being dead serious about people that approach them with intel.

We'll figure it all out in the RP exercise.
                  sigpic

Comment

So I was able to salvage it...

The last scene I can show (which is full blown CGI) of Alvis is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3wrJ...D766CA7390A7A4

This is his last trait

Comment

Exercise? I hate exercising.

I dread gyms.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, so we now know that the main problem was a little too many question-answers from Alvis, which the characters found upsetting and ominous, which made them kind of ignore his message, and also because of Jack's volatile nature, things took a turn for the worse. Easy fix for next time, right?

Also, don't break into people's houses to take their blood! That sh*t's creepy, man! XD

Really, when you actually stop and think about it, it's actually kind of scary. Yes, he was doing it for his cause, but it doesn't make the act any less creepy.

@Wriggle

I love gyms. They allow you to physically improve yourself and help you relieve depression by giving you a means to release endorphins. Believe it or not, I actually suffer from depression, but going to the gym keeps it in check. Not only that, it makes you feel like you have more energy.

Anyways, we're talking about RP exercises, like the Character interviews. I'm actually a little curious about what the questions and answers will be.
                        Last edited by S121; 03-10-2014, 02:18 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

@Pringles
                          *shudders
                          Ugh.

I'm glad my metabolism is through the roof. I eat like Coach in Burger Tank and weigh around 130 lb.

Also, my characters are fine with their personalities thank you very much.

Maybe that's because I chose characters with distinct personality instead of "indifferent" and "calm" and bluh bluh emotionless
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

@ S1

part of me thinks I could have done a lot better on that fact if I considered using the four month timeskip to gather those resources. Maybe if there was like a blood drive or something....

=w= could have worked...

anyway I need sleep

Oh and Sakuya is out
                            Yumeko is in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwWfD2NJaQ#t=160

....IsuddenlywantYumekosinceIcan'thaveSakuya....

Comment

ok then, I found yet another picture of difficulty levels
                              http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...KX4OP_700b.jpg

Spoiler:

Comment

^ Truth.

Fire Emblem kinda walks you into it...

...and right when you think you survived Lunatic...
                                ...Lunatic +

Fire Emblem Awakening

Normal: Have fun
                                Hard: You know what your doing so let's see if you can play hard ball
                                Lunatic: TAKE THE LEG
                                Lunatic +: You're already dead.

Spoiler: for the reference....thank you highschool biology fun movie day...
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-10-2014, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X