X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TRXD

Ok, just don't say it as if I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Trust me when I say this, I tend to think things through more than you would expect.

Who knows, maybe I'm just still worked up over the stupidity debate...

Hey TRXD? Do you think I should unnerf the SPARTANs' intelligence?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@S121
      Wait... SPARTAN intelligence is nerfed?! What the?! And I thought nerfing Cole's recharge ability was bad...
      If nerfed SPARTANs are still rather intelligent, I dread to think about an unnerfed SPARTAN.

Also, about planning and strategising. I almost never strategise. And when I do, they never work. This is why I suck at chess and all TCGs.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@S121

If you unnerf the SPARTANS, then I'll remove more of the nerf that I have on Organization XIII.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

@TRXd

Yea, they are nerfed.

You see, I kept getting a lot of complaints back in season 1 because John would know things before everyone else would. There were more than a coupel times where I had to explain how John managed to come up with the right idea. In fact, I had a couple of times where I was told that I was metagaming.

You see, even SPARTAN-IIIs have genius-level intelligence, simply because of their augmented neurons. Basically, each and every SPARTAN in Prometheus Labs is pretty much a genius. In fact, Alice would have known about Cole's abilities, due to The Labs's intellignece network. Each and every SPARTAN is supposed to memorize each and every Character that is brought into the real world and cataloged into a database. They would all know Cole because they were trained to remember him. As for their tactics, I explained how Prometheus Labs would be able to kill off The ACO within a couple of days, without Takoizu, the Characters, or Alivis's help.

You see, I can't RP them properly simply because of how they think. Heck, I do a horrible job at Takoizu. There's just too much of an intelligence gap between me and them.

I know that it's an eye roll-worthy moment, hearing me go on about how intelligent they are, but Cucoo's earlier posts made me think that maybe I'm nerfing their intelligence too much.

What do you think? Should I try and make them more intelligent?
          Last edited by S121; 03-10-2014, 06:39 AM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, Cole's nerfs seem somewhat insignificant now.
            Removing Lightning Storm and Gigawatt Blades (Cole's most powerful and OP abilities). Gigawatt Blades has been replaced with dragonslayer-like abilities which are less powerful.
            Nerfing Cole's bad karma abilities and restricting some to certain karma levels (Cole's Shockwave and Arc Lightning are highly dangerous at Infamous karma)
            Removing Cole's heal on recharge. That is highly OP. In a power plant or transformer unit, Cole is invulnerable and near invincible.
            And a whole number of others.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Katrix

And that is the problem I was talking about earlier.

The SPARTANs are pretty dumb as they are, and Cucoo showed me that. The very moment they exhibit some intelligence, people will get pissed off at me.

Why is it that everyone is either pissed of at me for making them stupid, or pissed off at me for making them intelligent?

Will everyone stop complaining to me about it and make up their minds? I'm trying to make everyone happy, but I CAN'T DO IT!

You know what? I'm going to take a break. Later everyone.

Goodbye.
              sigpic

Comment

@S121

I think when it began to be slightly amusing was when Jack wouldn't understand that he couldn't hurt Alvis. He kind of made a fool out of himself there. Other than that, I think they are just fine. Again, if you take away their nerf, Org XIII is going to become much more dangerous.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

I said I'm done.

Read the earlier posts about this.
                  sigpic

Comment

seriously guys? I thought we finished that discusion.
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Katrix

Ok, now that I'm dead tired from the gym, I am not as stressed.

Talk with Cucoo about this entire nerfing/unnerfing thing because you both have contrasting viewpoints on the matter. I've been trying to satisfy everyone, trying to keep everyone happy, but that's obviously not working, and it's simply stressing me out when I try to keep people from getting on my case and ultimately fail.

Try and come to a compromise, and I'll adjust my characters accordingly.
                      sigpic

Comment

@S121

Unlike you, I am hardly ever dead serious (except sometimes when it should be obvious, you know when). Please remember that from now on. I feel like we have come into far more discussions than what we should have lately.

I'd say that if you have to choose between them being a little bit too stupid or a little bit too smart, make them stupid. The reason for this is that if you make them a little bit too stupid, they might act a little wierd as we just saw and they might not do their job as well as they should, but that's fine in comparison to what we get if they are too smart. If they are too smart, it will all be too easy. They will blow up all the evil people there are and leave us with nothing to do. Its much better having them a little bit dumber and getting a good laugh out of it than having them too smart and just be bored because they killed everyone that was worth to kill.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@katrix

Well, nobody would give me feedback unless they were serious about it. Because of that, I am serious about feedback. The last thing I want is for someone to leave because of something I did. As for Jack, he's just a psycho. He doesn't know that Alvis is essentially a god, and neither did he know that the shield was indestructible.

All this is making me question if I'm actually RPing them as they should be. After all, you don't make your Organization stupid. Heck, I already have it that they don't use their full technological might on anyone that crosses them. If I did, you would see ships in the sky, bombing everything that's trying to kill them. I already had it to where they were incompetent enough to have people just teleport into their base. I don't see anyone teleporting into Organization XIII's base. It makes me think that I'm just not doing them any justice at all, as if they're all sitting on their thumbs. It makes them seem completely and utterly inept at their jobs.

In fact, I've nerfed them so much that anyone can simply waltz right in and kill everyone, just like with Xehanort in season 1. It makes me see that they are just not a threat to people, because the moment I actually do anything with them, people use plot armor to kill them all off. They're supposed to be threats, but I don't think I'm doing anything properly. I already added all these complex security systems to ensure that nobody just waltzes in, but I know that the turrets and the procedures are for nothing because I know that as soon as a character gets shot, I'm going to have hell to pay. It's like threatening someone with an empty gun. Sure, you have a gun, but you can't use it. I set up all these defenses, yet I know that I will never use them, because if I do, people will simply get mad at me. It's frustrating having them all stupid, having everything so nerfed that everyone can simply waltz in, and not being able to do anything about it.

I'm sure that if I had John or Takoizu teleport to Organization XIII, they would be attacked ion the spot with people that could move mountains, so why is it that people get mad at me for doing the same thing?

Perhaps my judgement is completely off, or perhaps I'm right. After all, someone will get mad if I insta-kill them with a turret. Of course, they shouldn't be going inside The Labs in the first place.

The point I'm trying to make is that after seeing that they aren't intelligent, it made me see that they are also almost always walked on by everyone else, simply because people scream OP if I do anything that displeases them.

Sure, they shouldn't be so strong that they kill off everything, but that does not mean that they should be so nerfed that they get walked on by everyone else. It's ridiculous.

What I see about myself is that I quickly and react to feedback, and I do so in a big way, whether it be completely changing my RP style, or otherwise. When I hear two contradictory pieces of feedback, it messes with me. It really does. It makes me lose sleep. What am I supposed to do about it? Do I make them just a little bit more intelligent and have everyone scream at me, or do I leave them so stupid that they shouldn't even be considered threats? I am ripped between two different messages, and if I pick one, someone will not be happy. I'm going to piss someone off, and I don't want to. There needs to be a compromise somewhere, but I don't think I have the power to make that compromise, simply because someone will be mad at me and will harbor animosity towards me, and we all know that that's all it takes for everything to go downhill. It already happened with one person.
                          sigpic

Comment

@S121

I think you got the wrong kind of not serious. It's not like that if you actually unnerf the SPARTANS that I will do the same, most likely I won't do anything at all. I'm sorry if I have rubbed you in the wrong direction with the way I speak.

What I think people don't like is instant kill (like myself). If someone did teleport into TCTNW, I would never deliver a insta-kill. First I would send a good amount of lesser nobodies. After some time there might be a Organization member stopping them, depending on if they are considered a threat or not. There would then be a battle. Remember Cole's escape from TCTNW? There were lot's of organization members that could have come and battle ACO, but they didn't. If you gave the people a chance to fight back, I think it would work much better.

Another thing to consider is that I'm sure that you feel that they are being walked on is because all the powerful people are visiting. The most skilled Keyblade master so far that is far stronger than he might look for his age, a omniscient good, a (once) wise sageking that true powers are unknown.

Remember that more powerful =/= smarter. You could bring their power level up in another way. Just remember that people don't like insta-kill. If a weapon is insta-kill it will get very little approval. If however it is just as far as a 2 hit kill (still a little bit too much) it would get a lot more acceptance. In my opinion, a insta-kill attack is fine as long as it is preceded by something that clearly looks dangerous. Some sort of timer for example, or the act of charging a attack for a long amount of time. My point is that people like fighting back.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

@ S1

Iwastryingtosayjustbringthemupafewlevels. Itdoesn'thavetobeatotalun-nerf. ( >x>);

you know, I go to one extreme or the other on certain things and you tell me to go down the middle, now we've flipped roles here.
                              I think I'm just questioning everything because I thought I noticed a pattern of where all characters seem to never take a hint when they should be able to notice it.

to sort of distract things...
                              I can't even see what Yumeko's abilities are ( =w=)
                              I know she's got the ability to make swords appear from no where...but I recall reading somewhere she has more...
                              Touhouwiki's got nothin'...
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-10-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Uh... is anyone online?

I'm back...

Comment

Working...
                                X