• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ SUS

I'll become relentless on reminding ya then for EG >:3

@ S121

Aye that'd work

I'm startin to like the Assassin's Creed OST...

@ Wriggs

Aye
    I kinda like the modern look that artist gave Yukari....

Comment

Before people disappear

@ S121
      Curious, what can the Bubble Shield from Halo do? Is it a sort of "grenade" in a sense? Can the Bubble Shield withstand a C-4 blast at point blank range?

I'm thinking of maybe ACO is able to pull some items like that from the games, including the ammo...
      Maybe even magic tomes...

Comment

@Cucoo

No, it's not a grenade-like device, it's more like a gunless turret that you place on the ground.

It protects against pretty much everything, but vehicles and people can still pass through. Last I remember, you can't shoot people from inside of it either. The shield is a two-way shielding system, meaning that you can't shoot people from inside the shield. If you throw grenades while inside the shield, the grenade will stay within the shield and kill everyone inside. Same thing with rockets and bullets. They will ricochet and kill the people inside.

The shield only lasts for 20 seconds, and I can't remember if it can recharge or not. I think it's a one-time deal.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@ S121

How big (dimensions and weight, I presume the wiki has both?) is it and the shield it deploys and How does it activate?

The reason I ask is cause I just thought of a scenario where Eleos recklessly charges into a situation to save someone, flings out a C-4 block, pulls out the detonator and then activates a bubble shield when the person he's trying to save is within range while simultaneously detonating the C-4 as it activates on the outside.

Or the inverse where he straps the C-4 onto the bubble shield device, throws the combo at the target, activates the shield and then detonates the C-4. Contained explosion

EDIT: Nvm the specs I think I found them...
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-09-2013, 12:58 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

It weighs 20.5 kilograms (45.1 pounds). ( a lot heavier than I thought. 0_0)

The wiki doesn't say how large it is, but you can always use this video.

Remember that the Spartans are 7 feet 2 inches, meaning that the Bubble Shield will be ever so slightly larger compared to a normal sized human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozV29mAzjeo
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

well drn it that's kinda big then (I would say it looks about 3-5 ft tall) =w=....
              so much for that idea...

EDIT:
              The reason I asked was it a grenade was cause I saw something like this somewhere else

Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-09-2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I'll admit, it's a pretty big item. -_-;

The reason why it's so big is because it's a device used by Brutes, guys much larger than Spartans.
                sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Aye, I finally found and read the wiki.
                  ...Could we Say ACO managed to get the tech and then developed the grenade version?

Comment

@Cucoo

I suppose.

You mean this one, right?

If so, will it last as long as in the video? What are your thoughts? My reasoning is that the smaller device might only have a small protection time, due to the smaller shield generator inside.

sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Just as long as it can survive a blast, aye it'd work for what I mentioned.

EDIT:
                      You know, I knew what a Wraith was when I named WRAITH, but I forgotten this juicy little tidbit

Originally posted by Dictionary
                      a vision of a person still alive, said to appear as a premonition of that person's death.
                      And there's another version that says after a person's death.

Oh I'm gonna have fun with that...
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-09-2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

How so?

As for PALADIN, I've been looking up a few weapons that they might use. They might use the Beowulf rifle against armored targets.
                        sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Think about it. Assassins tend to be the type you don't see until it's way too late. So the term Wraith matches a bit in either version. The precursors of death or the ones that follow death.

And I'm wondering...considering the definition of a Paladin

Originally posted by Dictionary
                          somebody known for championing a cause; a champion or hero, especially in medieval legend or history
                          ...nah it still fits. It's a perspective thing.

Comment

@Cucoo

Not unless you call them CRUSADER instead of PALADIN.

Crusader - a person who campaigns vigorously for political, social, or religious change; a campaigner.

It gives that feeling that they're extreme in their views on Characters.

Either one would work. I like both names.

What are your thoughts?

As for WRAITH, I'd say that it matches when you put it like that.
                            Last edited by S121; 12-09-2013, 01:55 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Maybe we should change Paladin to Crusader?
                              ...though it doesn't have the same ring to it...

oh and this

Comment

@Cucoo

I remember having a little image war with Wonder over "Chensaws" and ultimate chainsaw weapons.

I busted out the Chainsaw Launchers.

@Wriggle

How do you think John and Chen get along? Would it be like how I described it in my post? It's just that John and Chen never really met in Season 1. John only saw her, but they were never introduced to one another.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X