X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Dusk

John quickly caught the cube, but kept his gaze fixed on Alvis, as if he was burning holes through his own visor and straight into Alvis. Why was this man ignoring his question? Instead, the man threw what appeared to be blood. Something was not right, and John was determined to get to the bottom of it.

"Are you going to answer my question? What's going on, who are you, what's in this cube, and what were you talking about? I want some answers.", John said to Alvis in a serious tone as he took a step towards him.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

"All will be revealed in due time...John." Alvis said, pausing slightly. He then turned back to Shulk. "Oh and Shulk, You remember the Monado you wielded before, correct? It's here."
      "Huh?! What...do you mean-!"
      "There is a boy here in the Library...he too was sent from the future...." By his tone of voice, Alvis naturally emphasized the last phrase. He then turned back to John with a more neutral face that was almost grave. "Save your friend, but there is still one last task for you here." With that said, he looked at the book he had. "I have another errand that I must attend to. But first.." He then walked over to Patchouli and handed her the book. Its cover was purple leather with a white symbol emblazoned on it.

"This book contains dark secrets, but it has the answers..." He glanced to John out of the corner of his eye, "that you seek." Alvis then walked towards the door.

Comment

John was still trying to figure out what this man was talking about, and to be honest, John was quickly losing his patience with this man, but he kept his frustration with the man hidden. Instead of telling him what was going on, the man was simply dodging the question. The man acting as if the situation was grave was not helping either, especially how he looked at the book he gave Patchouli, then looked at him. Was John supposed to read from the book he handed Patchouli?

"Hang on, what task!?", John asked as he chased after Alvis and followed closely behind.

"Tell me what's going on here. I can't do anything if I'm going into a situation blind.", John said to Alvis.
        Last edited by S121; 02-08-2014, 08:54 PM.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

Patchouli handled the book with ease, staring at the symbol with curious look. "I'll treasure it in my private collection."
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Shulk intervened and held a hand out to tell John to let him go. "I think I understand..." He said to John before addressing Alvis. "You said that this boy from the future is in the Library correct?"
            "Yes." Alvis answered barely turning his head back to them.
            "So he's from the same future as John's Daughter then?"
            "Precisely. He is here to stop the future from changing."
            "Then we can't let him stop us then."
            "You understand, don't you, Shulk? Now if you excuse me, I must be going now. Until we meet again." He then turned and left. Vanishing after he rounded the corner out of eyesight.

Comment

John heard about the boy from the future, but right now, he was occupied with the situation at hand, the cube and him not getting any information. John looked at Shulk with an annoyed look underneath his helmet and brought the cube with blood in it into Shulk's view.

"And this?", John calmly asked Shulk, hiding his annoyance and frustration in being stopped.
              sigpic

Comment

"That's a blood vial." Kenway entered the room. "Specifically, the kind that would go in this. Does it have a label on it?" Kenway gestured to the crystal skull he was holding when he spoke.

The vial has no label...

Comment

John looked at the vial and saw that there was nothing on the cube, nothing that would say whose blood was in it.

"It's not labeled.", John said to Edward.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Huh...well we could take a peek and see what they see and hear to figure out who it is...what do ya say?" Kenway offered.

Catacombs - Depths

"Very well." Eleos said slightly to himself. and then jumped down to the bridge, following close behind the huntress.
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-08-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

"I suppose.", John said to Edward in a slightly calmer tone as he held his hand out for the skull.

To be honest, John was a little aggravated by the entire situation. John was a very calm man and was somewhat slow to anger, but even he had "pet peeves". One of them just so happened to be people not being straightforward with him, dodging questions and the like. The sooner he figured out whose blood this was, the sooner he could solve the mystery being the blood in the cube.
                      sigpic

Comment

Kenway handed John the Observatory. "Aye, so you just put the vial in the slot in the forehead and it will project whatever the owner of that speck of blood is seeing and what they're hearing..."

Comment

John nodded at Edward and did as he was told. To John's surprise, the cube fit perfectly into the skull, as if it was designed specifically for being used with the skull. After the cube was secure, John looked back up from the skull to Edward and spoke again.

"Now what?", John calmly asked Edward.
                          sigpic

Comment

To Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

Raven watched on in some shock as Jack casually placed Chung in the back of Daniel's Warthog. He then turned to Lily and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not really sure to be honest. All I know is he can build some pretty... interesting things if he has help..." Raven said as he continued to watch Jack run alongside the Warthogs. "Though I'm sure he made the device to use El in order to boost Jack's abilities. El can do a sufficient amount of incredible things..."

Comment

"Oh...", Lily said to Raven as she watched Jack continue to run.

Meanwhile, Daniel was alternating his focus between the road and Jack, dumbfounded as to how his friend was running with ease. It looked as if Jack wasn't even trying. Before Daniel could say another word about what was happening, Jack spoke instead.

"I'll meet you guys back at The Labs. Don't take too long.", Jack calmly said to Daniel.

Just then, Jack suddenly took off at 300 mph, easily outrunning the Warthogs as if they were standing still. This of course left Daniel and Lily in a state of shock. Never had they seen a SPARTAN run so fast. After a moment, Daniel spoke out to Chung, all while still keeping his eyes on the road.

"Chung, what exactly did you give Jack?", Daniel asked in a surprised and curious tone.

Meanwhile, Jack ran along the road at an incredible speed. At this speed, no car would ever be able to catch him. The feeling of running past everything felt almost surreal, as if Jack was in a dream. After all, such things were not possible before.
                              Last edited by S121; 02-09-2014, 01:07 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Chung watched on as Jack took off running towards the lab at 300 mph. "All I did was give him a device I have been secretly working on... It was sort of a small side project, and well... it is supposed to act like a personal Disfrozen Portal. In fact that's what it was supposed to be! It was supposed to only slightly enhanced it's abilities! I guess it's a little too unstable, and it's amplifying his speed and strength by about five to ten times his original capabilities!!! It should only be increasing his speed by about two to four times his original abilities!" Chung said as he sighed. "I'm going to get into some serious trouble back at the labs aren't I?"
                                Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-09-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X