X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Streets - London | Dawn

As Jack activated the device a blue glowing mist started to surround his armor as he would begin to feel revitalized. Like he was full of energy. Like his adrenaline was pumping through his veins.

"Hmm... Looks like it's working... Now tell me how do you feel Jack? Do you feel energized?"

Eve looked back to the road as she thought for a moment. "Perhaps the energies that brought me here must have made the others from our world have the subconscious urge to come here... as though something was calling out to them..." She said in a sort of philosophical tone before looking back at Daniel. "But that is just a guess." She said quite bluntly, almost completely ruining the mood.

Comment

Jack blinked his eyes in slight surprise as he felt the energy coursing through him. It was almost like Spartan Time, only he felt it also affecting his muscles.

"I feel like I'm in Spartan Time, only more energetic.", Jack said to Chung as he continued to experience the result of activating the machine.

"Maybe.", Daniel said as he continued to drive.

After a moment, Daniel spoke to Lily over his communicator.

"Hey Lily, when we get back, we'll need to file some reports on what happened in the city, but before that, I'll need you to take Eve to the security offices and get her approved for security clearance. I'll take care of putting the equipment away and getting us the paperwork.", Daniel said to Lily.

"Understood.", Lily said to Daniel.

After speaking to Lily, Daniel turned his attention back over to Eve.

"When we arrive at Prometheus Labs, you'll need to follow Lily to the security offices. Once you fill out some paperwork, you'll be allowed to access the deeper parts of The Labs.", Daniel said to Eve.

"Speaking of deeper parts of The Labs, you might need a higher level of clearance to be allowed into Sector 4 for repairs. What exactly is damaged?", Daniel asked.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Jigsaw Valley

Guess you could press them all." HP suggested. "Though that could summon a horde of creatures upon us."

Catacombs

The archer kept teleporting out of Isaac's fire, and kept firing arrows from wherever it teleported, only to move once more afterwords and begin the process again.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Catacombs - Santa Cruz - California | Night

As the Skeleton Archer kept teleporting and firing arrows at Isaac Shadow scowled a bit. "Foolish..." Shadow said as he began to focus a bit. As soon as the Skeleton Archer pops back in he will release Chaos Control, stopping it and everything else around him completely. Once then he will attack it with a Chaos Spear.

"Hmm... Okay for the next part of the test! I need to see how fast you are while carrying a large object... and since I told Daniel to take my Destroyer to the labs I guess that object is me..." He said as he looked up at Jack... "Now I know you were fast before, and carrying someone my size is no problem. Especially while running, but... I just want to see how much faster you have become with the effects of my device."

Eve turned to Daniel as she began to scan her own systems.

"There are several things that are in need of repairs... the internal mechanisms in my body are damaged, but still functional. My internal processing unit is also in need of serious repairs, but it should not be a problem. Just provide me with the tools and supplies and my two drones Moby and Remy will take care of the repairs..." She said as she looked down at the two small Volleyball sized drones that are sitting at her feet.
          Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-06-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Jigsaw Valley

Takoizu thought about the consequences of pressing all the buttons. If enemies appeared, just what kind of creatures would they be? What precautions should she take? For starters, she decided that laying traps would be the best course of action. Takoizu focused on the open radius around the gate and altered the boundary of fast and slow. If anything except for The Higher Power and her passed that particular area, they would be slowed to a near standstill. Beyond her "slow zone", Takoizu then altered the boundary of gravity and antigravity and created patches all around the field. If an enemy or projectile entered the area of influence, they would be launched far into the sky. After setting her traps, Takoizu smiled in her helmet and turned her head over to The Higher Power.

"Problem solved.", Takoizu calmly said to The Higher Power as she then walked down the line, pressing each button as she went.

Jack didn't mind running too much. After all, he was able to run for hours on end without stopping, thanks to his augmentations and drastically altered DNA. After putting his gun away, Jack reached out for Chung's hand and calmly waited for him to take it.

"Then come on.", Jack said.

Warthogs - City Streets - London | Dawn

Daniel would have looked over to Eve's feet if he had not been driving, but that was not the case. Instead, he took Eve's word for it and spoke again.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do about that. I'll also try and get you access to a materializer. If something's broken, you can create new parts.", Daniel said as they continued to drive.

Meanwhile, Lily noticed that Raven had been silent this entire time. Hoping to strike up a conversation, Lily spoke.

"So how are you holding up?", Lily asked Raven.

Catacombs - Santa Cruz - California | Night

Isaac was beginning to get annoyed by the skeleton, especially since this particular one had abilities not seen in other skeleton archers. Luckily, Shadow began to intervene. As Shadow entered the fray, Isaac dodged another volley of arrows and waited to see what would happen.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Chung despite him needing to be the test subject was a bit hesitant, but he finally gave in and grabbed Jack's hand. Just don't... try to break anything... I don't want to end up with a fractured spine..." Chung said in a slightly irritated tone.

Warthogs - City Streets - London | Dawn

"Very well..." Eve said in a monotone tone of voice as she continued to watch the road.

Raven turned to Lily as he continued to watch the road.
              "I'm doing fine... just... thinking about the recent demon attack... they must have been after something... I have a feeling that they knew to attack here on purpose..."

Comment

Jack gave a slight chuckle at Chung's remark, mainly because of his.. odd sense of humor. As soon as Jack had a hold of Chung's hand, Jack lifted him up over his shoulder and ran forth, off towards Prometheus Labs...

Warthogs - To Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

"But why? What in the inner city could be of interest to them?", Lily asked in a slightly confused tone.

To be honest, she was just as clueless as Raven was, if not slightly more. All that she knew was that these demons threatened the safety of the people of London, so they had to be stopped.

Daniel was satisfied that everything was now in order for Eve. That meant that he would be able to get a good morning's sleep. He stayed up too late to sleep at night, so he would simply have to make up for those lost hours. With that in mind, Daniel fully focused his attention on driving.

Meanwhile, Jack was quickly catching up with the Warthogs and was now running at 200 mph. This in itself was extraordinary for a SPARTAN, but what made it even more extraordinary wa the fact that Jack still had yet to fully exert himself. After only a couple of minutes, Jack saw the Warthogs up ahead.

"As soon as we get over to the Warthogs, I'm running solo. You won't have to worry about getting hurt.", Jack announced to Chung as he continued to run.
                sigpic

Comment

Catacombs

The spear impacted the archer, and like before, it disappeared, though it was nowhere to be seen.

Jigsaw Valley

Creatures appeared from every angle, appearing in puffs of smoke,including some Gremlins right next to HP and Takoizu. HP quickly gutted one with his Archeron, causing it to fall to the ground, lifeless. The rest of the creatures approached, some disrupted by the gravity chaging, while other skrted around and came right for the two.
                  Last edited by Koishi; 02-07-2014, 09:02 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

To Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

Chung sighed as he looked at the Warthogs up ahead. "O-Okay!!! Just try to be careful!!!" Chung said as he held on tightly to Jack as the caught up the Warthogs.

Raven continued to be quiet as they kept driving. "Maybe it wasn't something in the city itself... maybe it was something near the city? Perhaps they just happened to spawn in the city..." Raven theorized as he looked in the rear-view on the Warthog and saw Jack and Chung catching up. He knew Spartan's can catch up with Warthog's... but... Jack seems... faster...

"Uh Lily... is Jack a bit... faster?"

Comment

To Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

"Huh?", Lily uttered as she looked at the rear-view mirror and saw Jack sprinting up to the Warthogs.

"Daniel! Are you seeing this!?", Lily asked Daniel over her communicator.

Daniel was busy driving, when Lily suddenly spoke in a shocked tone.

"Seeing what?", Daniel asked in a confused tone.

"Look behind us!", Lily said to Daniel.

Daniel did as he was told and looked at the rear-view mirror on the Warthog and saw Jack quickly catching up to his vehicle.

"What the hell?", Daniel said in a confused tone.

Meanwhile, Jack finally caught up with Daniel's Warthog and ran alongside the rear of it.

"This is where you get off.", Jack calmly said as he grabbed Chung and placed him in the back of the Warthog.

After that, Jack sped up a little bit more and was now running alongside both Warthogs, with Daniel's Warthog to his left flank and Lily's Warthog to his right flank.

"Jack!? How the hell are you doing that!?", Daniel asked as he looked past Eve and towards Jack.

"Chung attached a device to my armor. It's supposed to boost my abilities.", Jack plainly said to Daniel as he ran, not showing any signs of strain.

Lily looked at Jack in surprise, still wondering how such a device was capable of boosting somebody's running speed to such a degree.

"Just what exactly can Chung build?", Lily asked Raven in a surprised tone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Santa Cruz

Komachi jumped and used her power so that she was suspended in the air, falling from the sky for longer than possible. If the executioner tried to reach out to her, he'd grab nothing for he would technically be too far. Meanwhile, the falling is giving her more speed.

Voile

Jack had finished MGSVN B4: Sons of Liberty.'

"How strange... To change the protagonist so simply? A questionable move indeed... I suppose that I can learn more by continuing three series, huh? Hmm... Jack... He also has a sword... Oh well-"

He then realized something.

"... Why the hell are they taking so long? I've been doing nothing but read. They should be back by now... I'd best check on them."

He stood up, but then there were books sitting there. The temptation ate away at him.

"... Okay, I'll give then until the end of the next two books...or three..."

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"Of course. We only keep old book here, however." Bailey informed as he pioneered through the collection to a single bookshelf with old tomes and forbidden novels written by scholars shunned at the time...

Except for a single missing book.
                          Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-07-2014, 06:49 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

"This is it..." Shulk said looking about the room. "This is the place." He then walked over to the bookshelf and began looking it over. "Just as it was in my vision. The book should be right here." Shulk pointed to a portion where the books seemed to have been disturbed as though a book had been removed. "...but it's not..." He then stood as though in thought. "Is there a list of what titles are here in this section?"

Comment

"Well, not just the books, but the entire collection." Bailey drew a musty old notepad that could turn into dust if someone was too rowdy with it. "There's an index in the front, you can use that to find what you're looking for."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Yuuka's Mansion - Garden of the Sun - Gensokyo | Dusk

John looked over to Yuuka's bed and saw that she was not there. In fact, when John called out, the only thing he heard was the echoes of his own voice. It seemed that Yuuka was not home. John gritted his teeth in frustration at the revelation, but he knew that standing around was not going to solve the problem. Unfortunately, he had no idea where she was, so he couldn't go look for her. The best he could do at this point was to finish reading the "Soul Vault" scroll and wait for her to return.

With that in mind, and with the scroll in hand, John continued to read it as he opened up a Corridor of Darkness and entered it.

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Dusk

After a moment, John reappeared in the Banished Library from a Corridor of Darkness, still reading the scroll and trying to absorb all he could from it. John appeared to be a little frustrated, based on how his shoulders appeared somewhat tensed.

Jigsaw Valley

Takoizu saw a creature appear right next to her, and before the creature could react, Takoizu had already readied the sword and sliced straight through the creature's neck, killing it instantly. After that, Takoizu simply waited as the creatures ran straight into her "slow zone". As soon as the creatures did, they suddenly slowed down to a near standstill. Yes, they were still running, but they were now under the influence of boundary manipulation. To protect The Higher Power and herself from experiencing the effects of the "slow zone", Takoizu altered the boundary of susceptibility and immunity, making them immune to the time dilation in the area.

"Up ahead is a safe area. If anything appears next to us or tries to enter, they'll be slowed down. From there, we can easily pick them off.", Takoizu calmly said to The Higher Power as she walked into her "slow zone" and cut down any creatures that were in her way.
                                Last edited by S121; 02-07-2014, 07:41 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X