X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library

Jason looked around. Everything was interesting, but there was nothing to note of importance to him. Though it sounds self-conscious, he just wanted to make a good name for himself after the mess he caused.

He saw John come back. But he looked off. Jason walked to him looking a little worried.

"Hey, what's going on, Master? Can't decrypt it?"

Groznyj Grad

Snake and the crew walked up to a soldier at the heliport. He wore the basic soviet attire, but this guy was different: He had a capital 'J' on his mask. Snake walked up to him.

"Well, I'll be damned, is that you, Johnny?"

The soldier gave a salute.

"S-Snake! It's been a while, huh?"

"Yea, it has. Ten years?"

"Yea, well, ten years plus the four months we've been brought here... Hey, uh, no hard feelings, right? About then?"

"Don't worry. You were just acting out your duty as a soldier. None taken. As a matter of fact, we're here to investigate the disappearance of Colonel Volgin."

"Oh, right. See... It's been two months. He mysteriously just... disappeared. But signs show that he was taken, most likely against his own will. Question is, who would just take the Colonel?"

Snake put his hand to his chin. "Hmm... if it were any assassination, they could've easily just killed him on the spot... they needed him alive..."

Snake put his hand down.

"There is one possible suspect. A man we fought on our way here. We beat him down, but his death was never confirmed... The Neo-Yakuza might have taken him. But nothing is entirely sure because he betrayed them, the only punishment suitable being death, and like I said earlier, they could've easily killed him on the spot without worries of being tracked down... We'll need some more time here. Mind if I head to the mess hall for a quick fix?"

"Sure. I can lead you."

"Great. Say, uh... hopefully you don't have any of those Russian rations, do you?"

"Sorry, that's our main supply."

Snake walked forth with a distasteful look on his face.

"Ah, don't worry, Snake, I'll find you a snake or two around."

Snake grumbled under his breath. "... better than a ration..."

Otori chuckled at the fact that he knew of Snake's dislike in Russian rations and his tendencies to eat raw animal. It was all too familiar.

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

Shulk had a look of concern when he looked at the notepad, but his thoughts were interrupted by the voice of another.

"That won't be necessary."

Standing in the corner with a rustic book in his hands was a man Shulk was all too familiar with.

"A-Alvis?! What are you doing here?"

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Dusk

As soon as Jason addressed him, John looked up from the scroll he was reading and saw Jason standing in front of him, asking if he was having trouble trying to read it. The scroll was written in old English, but luckily John's translator could easily decipher it.

"It's not a matter of that, it's a matter of me not being able to find Yuuka. At this rate, the best I can do is read this scroll and try to figure out how to do what it says, but even then, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to help her.", John explained to Jason.

After that, John read off the part that cast doubt on John's hopes of saving Yuuka.

"Animatography allows one-self to distinguish, separate, and reunite souls. Novice Animatographers can only use this technique to himself, inanimate objects with souls, and small, non-human autonomous objects such as insects and lizards. As the skill increases, Animatographers will be able to use this technique to larger objects and, finally, other humans... That means that even if I read the entire thing, I won't be able to take Yuuka's soul fragments, combine them, then placed them back inside of her without mastering Animatography.", John said to Jason.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

"Ah, I must keep you two private." Bailey said, stepping away. "Everybody needs my help all of a sudden, it seems."

Saying that, Bailey left the two alone as he walked around to check that anybody else needs his aid.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library

Jason thought on it.

"Damn... Sounds heavy... Hey wait, that Bailor guy must know something that might help."

He cried out to Bailey. "Hey, Bailor, can you help us out? We're in a little situation."

Comment

"Well, how can I help you two gentlemen?" Bailey asked, unfazed by how Jason mispronounced his name. "Perhaps the information within the Soul Vault is troubling you?"
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

John looked over to Bailey and nodded at his question. To be honest, John didn't really know what to ask Bailey, so he jusat asked the first thing that came to his mind. John doubted that there was anything that could fulfill his request, but it was still worth asking about.

"Yes. This scroll states that novices can only affect himself, inanimate objects with souls, and small, non-human autonomous objects such as insects and lizards. Only masters can affect other humans and larger creatures. Is there anything here that can.. more effectively transfer souls, or maybe accelerate the mastery process?", John asked Bailey.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

"Perhaps I might help you with that..." For the first time, Bailey looked hesitant. "But this tome is too dangerous to be revealed to the outside world... the risk is too great."

"I will show you the book, but I cannot give it away without something in return." He continued as he paced to the bookshelf and drew a purple book with only 30 or so pages.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

John was a little bit curious about why this book was so dangerous. After all, there were things in this library many times more dangerous than that book, right?

"What do you want in return?", John asked Bailey as he passed by Shulk and Alvis, and slightly glanced over to them.

After a split second to scan over the two, John returned his gaze to Bailey. Perhaps the strange man Shulk was talking to was a friend of his.
                    sigpic

Comment

Alvis chuckled at Shulk's question and then spoke as though he wasn't talking to Shulk but indirectly anyone in earshot. "What price will you pay to save a life? What price would you pay to save a world?"
                      "Huh? Alvis...what are you...what are you talking about??"

Comment

John knew that Alvis was addressing him, based on how he raised his voice slightly and seemed to subtly speak it out to everyone in the room. John could not ignore what Alvis was saying, especially because of what message he was conveying. Was he saying that the world was in danger?

"What are you implying?", John calmly asked Alvis as he turned over to him, hiding his suspicion and curiosity.
                        sigpic

Comment

"I-" Bailey began, but sighed. "No, it is too selfish for me to ask this from you."

"You were going to ask him for a replacement energy source for your immortality, weren't you?" Patchouli was awake now, wrapped in Kenway's cape.

"I... yes, I was." Bailey hid his face. "It's an egotistical request, one that I do not deserve-"

"No matter. I'll replace his stead." Patchouli sighed.

"You will, mistress?" Bailey gasped.

"Your talent is not deserved to be wasted." Patchouli announced. "Give John what he needs, and I will grant you the invulnerability you've been dependent on."

"Thank you, mistress." Bailey bowed.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Alvis smiled lightly at Patchouli and Bailey and glanced away. "Tell me...What are you willing to sacrifice?" As he was still looking away, he looked at John from the corners of his eyes. "How far would you go?"

Comment

John became tense about what the man was asking him. It was almost as if he was suggesting that John was going to either have something bad happen to him, or that he would have to do something he didn't want to do. Despite that,m John still answered Alvis's question, albeit with a little hesitation. John was about to say that he would give his life to ensure Humanity's survival, but he couldn't freely say such a thing, not anymore. After all, he would now be leaving people behind if he died, like Yukari, Ran, and Chen, to name just a few. Dying was now a topic he was hesitant to talk about. Instead of saying that he would die for Humanity, John gave Alvis an answer that still conveyed that he would do everything in his power to protect those he cared about, as well as the planet.

"I would do what is absolutely needed of me... Again, what are you implying?", John asked Shulk, this time in a more serious tone.
                              sigpic

Comment

"I see..." Alvis said now walking past Shulk and even further from John and then turned to him with a hand on his hip and in his other hand was a small glass cube with a red sphere that looked to be blood within. "Well then, I believe you will be needing this then." He then tossed it to John with a relaxed underhand throw.

Comment

Working...
                                X