Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betwixt and Between (Corridor of Darkness)

At first, the nobodies just continued to act like normal and attack straight on, going into the blades while trying. After seeing what John had done, they began to back away for a few seconds. For those few seconds everything seemed like it had gone wonderful, suddenly tough, the group was swarmed with spears appearing out of nowhere and lounging straight down at John, because they were so thin, the blades didn't touch them. After they were inside they began to take advantage of their position as much as possible. When they first were inside, they turned into things like sword and began swinging, or returned to their basic Creeper form. The whole attack was taking advantage of the fact that the group couldn't move as fast with the rings surrounding them. A few seconds later, also the Dusks to attack them from arround, sliding between the blades with their super agile body.

While the Hyper Beam did help clear out the nobodies for a few seconds, it didn't matter that much anymore. The threat had moved from outside to inside.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Still recovering from the powerful attack, Mara looked at the now oncoming enemies "Oh for Arceus sake.. Im sick of these" she spoke while forming an ice spear on her hand.

The froslass aimed it to the floor and impaled the spear, soon ice started forming around it and grew in area "Let´s give these grunts a change of scenery"

"Hey spartan, how fast can you run or have a rocket in your suit?" Mara asked to John already formulating a plan
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Shining Needle Castle - Gensokyo

Sonic turned to Shinmyoumaru and gave out sigh of relief. Not one because he was afraid of breaking any stuff, but because he didn't want to get lost in the place.
        "Wow thanks, but you really shouldn't worry about me. I run indoors quite a lot, and the only things I ever break are killer robots and I break those things on purpose. I can seriously run inside this place, and the only chance of something getting broken is if the floors are waxed and I slip and crash." Sonic said with a somewhat cocky chuckle, but he said it truthfully. Despite Sonic's high speed he only broke furniture and buildings on purpose when he runs inside whenever he absolutely.

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

"Well when you are young, and have a lot of free time on your hands, as well as a high intellect you do tend to fiddle around with inventing. I mean I built a TV out of paper clips, and reprogram a Super Computer with a toothpick and dishwashing detergent. Okay the part about the TV is an exaggeration, but the one about reprogramming a super computer is the truth." Tails said with a warm, lighthearted chuckle.

Max also laughed a bit at Tails's feats, not due to the fact that he doesn't believe him. Rather because he was impressed as well at what Tails said. He then turned to Eirin and spoke up.

"Oh I know where it is, just follow me." He said as he walked off deeper into the town, towards the Kawashiro house. Tails nodded as he looked at Eirin.

"I guess we should follow him, maybe I can get help from the person who lives there. I hear that the Kappa are very intelligent, some of the smartest Youkai when it comes to engineering." Tails said as he quickly took off into the air, flying at a safe steady speed behind Max.
        Last edited by SUSTIC; 05-23-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

"But you'll miss out on all the subtle details then." The inchling said, floating around Sonic. "Come on, follow me! I can't really go fast, so you might want to slow down too!"

The inchling took off, going at a solid 60 miles per hour, through the endless hallways. But, as soon as she ran off, she stopped and asked, "Hey, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Shinmyomaru, Sukuna Shinmyomaru."

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

"Miss Kawashiro is a kind Kappa, so she would gladly help you." Eirin said to Tails as she this time followed Max down the Kappa Village.

Kawashiro Residency

Nitori and Mitori's house was, of course, pretty messy on the outside, like all Kappa's gardens are. Some aquatic plants thrived in puddles and pools next to a heap of unused machines, next to even more junks, and more... how many of these machines were actually functional, none would know without extensively looking into them.

"Interesting... these machines, they must be very advanced, and yet they're sitting outside in the garden instead." Eirin observed as she entered the garden.

Wriggle's House - Gensokyo

"You sure you'll be alright...?" Wriggle asked, one hand on her hip. "I'll have the headache medicine out on the kitchen table, take some if you need to. I'm gonna go to sleep."
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Sonic was about to take off after her, but refrained from doing so when she introduced herself. Being the nice guy that he is Sonic returned the favor. "Well the name's Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog. I'm the fastest blue Hedgehog around! Not trying to brag though, but it is true." Sonic said as he began to follow Shinmyoumaru, ready to speed to an equal speed of hers when needed.

Kawashiro Residency - Gensokyo

As they arrived drew closer to the house Max stopped as he turned to Eirin and Tails. "Uh if you hold on a second I'll be right back, just gotta let Miss Mitori know that she is going to be having guests. It will only be a minute." Max said as he ran off, Tails nodded to Max as he did although the many contraptions and unused machines strewn about the yard began to interest Tails. As such he walked up to some of the devices and began examining them closely.

After examining them for only a few minutes Tails turned to Eirin with a smile on his face. "Wow there are quite a bit of old-style Steam Powered Devices here, ranging from cars, to other devices that run on a steam engine much like in the old days. There also appears to be some sort of 'Cyber Punk' style artificial data storage, and processing device. In other words an Artificial Brain. I can't tell though on which ones are actually in tact and functional, but I can at least tell that I have high hopes for this Miss Kawashiro." Tails said as he explained as best as he could to Eirin, about each device he had examined and how they work at a pretty simple and easy to understand way.

Max who entered the house began to call out. "Hey Ms. Kawashiro I'm back, and I brought a few guests if you don't mind. They are outside right now, I'm not sure if you wanted me to bring anyone over so I'm asking you first... You are home right?" Max called out as he began looking for Mitori.

Henir's Time and Space

He turned to Jack as he shook his head and sighed. "Do not be so sure of yourself, a friend might help you out in times of need, but at the current rate and your infamy around the land of Gensokyo it would be quite hard for you to make a friend. Though I do feel like a strained friendship between you two through the heat of battle. Now prepare yourself, the next battle will begin." Glaive said as he disappeared, the scenery changed from the blue void to the Tree of El they were at before. Though this time they are on a rather massive platform that rests on a few of the incredibly large Tree of El. They were only halfway up the tree. The platform they were on were large enough for the two of them, and at least 5 school buses, as well as enough room to run and fight.

Suddenly the sky turned dark, and cloudy as a loud reptilian and mechanical sounding roar could be heard echoing throughout the area. Also the sound of music began to play... like Glaive had turned on some battle music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXycRgnvp38

In the distance in the sky if one looked closely they could see what looked to be a Mechanical Dragon, with large wings with an orange membrane made out of some sort of bio-material on the wings... Whatever it was the beast began to draw closer to the platform as it circled it in the skies above.

After a minute it stopped and flew in place before it flew headlong towards Jack and Nera, with teeth and claws made out of incredibly durable and sharp Titanium Alloy ready to rip the two apart.

The fight was Meta Ridley...

Comment

Mitori was sleeping in the kitchen, her arms sprawled across the table. When Max called out for her, she jolted herself awake, looked around for a bit, wiped the drool off, and went to greet Max.

"Welcome back, Max... are you feeling okay?" Mitori asked. "Guests you say... it's a bit late, and Nitori is out, but you can bring them in."
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Max looked at Mitori with a warm smile and nodded. "Yeah I'm feeling fine. Eirin helped me get back on my feet from whatever happened." He said as he quickly turned around to head to the front door. Max then opened the front door and called out to Tails, and Eirin that it is safe to come in. "Okay you can come on in!" Max said in a cheery tone as he went back inside.

Tails looked at Eirin and nodded as he walked towards the front door.

Maverick Hunter HQ

"Y-Yes I'm one of Zero's friends. In fact I used to work as his Navigator several times on previous missions back in our own world, I still work with him to this day." Alia said as she was about to go off track, but then she remembered what she was doing. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry but I will be right back! I have some very important work to do!" She said as she quickly took off running with all her papers in hand, and after she left the room Zero entered through another door.

"Okay Nitori, time to follow me. Signas is ready to meet you." Zero said as he gestured for Nitori to follow him.
                Last edited by SUSTIC; 05-24-2014, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Kawashiro Residency - Kappa Village - Gensokyo

Eirin followed Tails and entered the house. The house, unlike the garden, was meticulously clean and modern.

"Welcome, fox and... Eirin-san?" Mitori greeted the two, Tails with a cordious attitude and Eirin with shock. "You're... bleeding! Heavily!"

"Good evening." Eirin replied with a smile. "I would love to chat, but I must be at haste. Where is Ms. Nitori?"

"No, wait, we need to get you.treated first! A head wound that serious could leave even you in danger." Mitori doted on Eirin like a mother would a child, even though Mitori was a lot, lot younger than Eirin. "Max, do get me some bandages. They should be in that cupboard."

Maverick Hunters HQ

"Took your time, didn't you?" Nitori giggled. "Okay, lead the way. EVE, let's go."

"Hold on, just give me a minute here and I can easily pull up the entire map of the HQ-"

"Now." Nitori snapped with the voice tone not heard by Zero from her. Most of the time Nitori would be uncertain and submissive, but she was now dominant and intimidating even.

"Fine." EVE whirred as she followed forth.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

As soon as John saw the Nobodies-turned-swords swinging at him, he quickly and easily dodged each and every attack. As each Nobody swung, John focused on them, perceiving them at a tiny fraction of their speed. After they turned back into Nobodies, John quickly countered by sealing the Nobodies in Darkness bubbles and shrinking the black shells, crushing the Nobodies inside. As soon as John was finished with the Nobodies inside his barrier, he quickly formed thought up of a countermeasure to the Nobodies' attacks and created Darkness bubble around the group, protecting them from the Nobodies' advances for however long he could hold it. After that, he heard Mara speak.

"About 70 miles per hour. My thrusters can go at about 200.", John said as he began to alter the Darkness shield.

After speaking, John began to focus heavily on his Darkness shield, and all of a sudden, black tenttacles began to emerge from the surface of the shield, violently slamming themselves against any Nobodies unfortunate enough to be caught. With others, they were coiled up in the tentacles and were thrown across the pocket dimension, almost into the entrance to the Corridor of Darkness. Meanwhile, John continued to focus, using the excess Darkness from himself to ready another attack.

INV Flying Armory - Sky - Santa Cruz - California | Night

"Right. That would probably be a good idea.", Isaac said as he took Koishi's advice and began to stock up on ammunition.

Within a single minute, Isaac had filled his inventory to the brim with ammunition. After all, they were going after an "angel of death". After he had stocked up on ammunition, he turned over to Koishi and spoke again.

"Okay, I'm ready. Is there anything else we need to take care of?", Isaac asked Koishi as he tilted his head to each side, stretching it for the battle to come.

Fiendish City

As the lightning coursed across her armor's energy shields, Takoizu could see her armor's shield gauge deplete at an alarming rate. Thinking quickly, Takoizu activated her armor's Armorlock, but unlike the MJOLNIR armor in this timeline, she was able to move freely. Just then, Takoizu's energy shields suddenly increased in thickness from 1 millimeter to an almost amorphous shell of white energy, all while the shield gauge on Takoizu's HUD turned white. As soon as the Armorlock was engaged, Takoizu sprang into action. Using the Tortodrome's own thrashing, Takoizu timed the creature's thrashes, and when it thrashed to the side, she pushed off from the Tortodrome's back and landed on top of the purple crystal on its back. She was almost thrown off of the Tortodrome as it thrashed to the opposite side, but she held on to the crystal as she placed her feet on the shell of the Tortodrome's back. She had only several seconds before her energy shields would deplete, so she had to act fast. Without hesitation, Takoizu gripped the crystal as hard as she could, almost to the point where her fingers would crack the crystal, and pushed against the Tortodrome's shell with her legs with enough force to lift a small building.

London Rooftops - London | Dawn

Jack just merely gave a light shrug at Eve's decent and jumped off the rooftop. Instead of using some means to slow down his impact with the ground, Jack simply landed on his feet with a loud thud, shaking the ground around him. Surprisingly, Jack's landing wasn't enough to break the sidewalk beneath his armored feet. After landing, Jack put away his "Bullet Storm" Rifle and walked over to the scene of the previous battle. Once there, Jack began to shift his gaze around the area, quietly observing the bits of shrapnel and bullet casings from earlier. It seemed as if there was something on Jack's mind, but one could never really tell when it came to Jack.
                    Last edited by S121; 02-11-2015, 04:01 AM.
                    Originally posted by S121
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Haseo said as he lifted himself up and onto the couch. After Wriggle said where the meds will be and that she's going to bed, "Alright, goodnight." He said and layed down for the night.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

"Yeah... just make sure you don't spazz out at night." Wriggle said and went upstairs. She had to constantly look back to make sure Haseo was alright, before finally relinquishing the possibility that Haseo could be having another headache. She changed into her nightware (which were just thin tank top and shorts, anyway), gave a final look at the sleeping Haseo, and went to sleep on her own.
                        Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-11-2015, 04:23 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

A coffee shop in London

Sitting at a small table at a coffee shop outside, drinking some coffee sits a fiery red-head named Alkaid. She places her cup down and opens her phone and takes a look through it. "No new messages huh? Damn it! Sooooo bored!" She yells a bit before face planting the table. She lifts her head and places her chin on the table. "I've been in the real world for soo long, I wish I could get back and fight some monsters." She said out of boredom. She then sits up and leans back in the chair and drops her arms. "Nothing really has happened much after that war a few months back. I wish something would happen." She says with her eyes closed.
                          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

The nobodies didn't really seem to care that they couldn't reach John. Instead they all began clinging to the bubble of darkness. One nobody clinging to the darkness bubble meant nothing, several thousand however had a serious impact. In fact they covered it so well that you couldn't see any traces of darkness anymore as they were holding it all in. Suddenly a lud sriching noise could be heard coming from outside the bubble. The next second. more nobodies began appearing. What was diferent from the other nobodies that kept appearing was that these were higher ranking. Everything from Assasins, Berserkers, Gamblers, Dancer and all the way up to Sorcerers. Most of them stood still a bit away from the bubble, waiting for it to pop. There were a few expections tough. The Assassins proceeded to go trough the darkness and into the bubble. From there they began attacking from inside the bubble. The Bersekers also helped. They used they colossal Claymores as Jackhammers and hammered away on the bubble, creating quite a big of a vibration. These two signs were to only signs the group had of what was going on outside.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Mara smirked at the spped the spartan could go "Then I hope you can hold our weight because I will need you as a reindeer" she spoke between atracks to the assasins

Meanwhile, the froslass focused on a simple hollow box of ice that had two handles for someone to push from behind

Henir's time and space

Nera glanced to the robot pterodactil "Hmm.. that guy looks like samus' rival" she spoke moving to one side as Ridley crossed the place she was standing before
                              Last edited by Kristia; 05-26-2014, 08:56 PM.
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Henir's Time and Space

Jack readied the machete.

"How do you suppose we approach this strange beast?" He asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X