Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
    Halls of Time - 7th floor - Center

"Then let's go find her before she finds us.", John calmly said to Mara and Mima.

Just then, John cleared all the rubble and looked at the empty ground.

"Should we follow?", John asked both Mima, Mara, and Cortana.

"Well, if we follow, we can catch her while she's still weak, but we'll be going into another possible battle. Either way, there are pros and cons to following her.", Cortana said to John.

After Cortana spoke, John waited for Mima and Mara's answer.

Nevaaras - Crash Site

To be honest, Ethan felt a little like pinning the child onto the side of the ship's hull and letting whatever was inside eat him alive. Of course, he was a little nicer than that. Either way, the boy finally taking his leave was a breath of fresh air. Ethan was sure that everyone thought the same. After the boy left, Ethan heard what the robot had said to the guard and walked over to him.

"I have one.", Ethan said as he approached.

If Ethan was going to help, then he was going to need information. Just as he would do before accepting a contract, Ethan attempted to collect all the intel he could.

"What other creatures are there? Is there anything we should be especially careful of?", Ethan asked the robot.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Navaaras

"Spores. Deadly toxic spores. Studies and previous encoutners have shown that if enough spores are inhaled or enter the body, it can take it over. Due to this, and the fact that there are likely many who did not survive the crash, there are likely to be infected humans inside, along with various other creatures." SimO explained.

"They vary in terms of size and strength, but they are all physically tough and resilient." SimO finished.

Isle of Spirits

"Fighting? That's fine for me, need to unclog my old magical drain, i'd guess." Mima said. "Besides, I can light that way and keep those things off our tail end."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Isle of Spirits - Halls of Time - 7th floor - Center

"A mere light will not drive us all away."
        The voice of what seemed to be a collection of people, male, female, child, elder, resounded throughout the hallway, originating from the entity that looked vaguely like someone the group knew.
        When it spoke again, its voice slowly started to become closer to that of a male. "We are the shadows of this galaxy...trapped in these crumbling walls."
        It shifted shape to that of a female and its voice also changed...

Spoiler:

Shadowy version of this

"We were once considered guardians."

Another change...

Spoiler:

Shadowy version of this

"We are the last memory of this place."

It then changed into Mima...

"We see all."

Then Mara...

"We know all."

Then John...

"Even the passage of fate..."

Finally it reverted back to its original form.

Spoiler:

This again

"To wander freely in our prison is a mere fantasy. Not even the Master is permitted such a commodity.
        ...But the Mistress...out Mistress. She grows restless."
        It looked at all present. "Free us...please..."

Comment

Halls of Time

"Well, if ya could be less freakin' cryptic about it." Mima said. "And can't ya settle for one shape, like most of us?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Halls of Time - 7th floor - Center

As soon as the unknown entity appeared, John had his M6D Magnum Pistol fixed right on it, just in case it attacked.

"Who are you? Give us a straight answer.", John said to the unknown entity, wanting some answers about it.

Ever since John woke up, this entire experience had been frustrating. Wandering around blindly was not something he liked, and this entity was not making things any easier.

Nevaaras - Crash Site

When Ethan heard about the spores and dead bodies, he knew that they would be dealing with something akin to a zombie movie, only this time, there would be a couple aliens tossed into the mix. Ethan doubted he had enough ammo to kill every last creature on the ship, but there was one way to kill everything. If Ethan could get to the ship's reactor, perhaps he could change how much fusion material was inside the reactor and create a miniature fusion bomb. Either that, or douse the entire ship in radiation, killing everything in the ship. Any ship worth the bolts it was made out of would have a decent Fusion reactor on board, and because of that, Ethan could easily perform either task. They would need to save all the survivors first, but once that happened, Ethan could get to work on killing the aliens.

"Okay. We'll be sure to kill them all. I might actually have a plan to purge the ship once we find all the survivors, but I'll need to talk to you about it first.", Ethan said to the robot.

"Do you have a digital map of the ship, maybe some schematics?", Ethan then asked.
            Last edited by S121; 02-16-2014, 10:22 PM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mara ignored the cryptic message "Why canŽt people just say what they mean in normal sentences?" she said looking at the hole

"It will surely have something so letŽs do it"
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Nevaaras - Crash Site

The guard looked and overheard everything that SimO was saying. "Well then uh... whatever your name is. I'll call down a squad of men to help in checking for survivors and help take out any creatures may still be moving in there. " He said as he turned to Ethan.

"Well that sounds like a pretty good idea. Just don't... do anything that might involve us losing a portion of the Colony... I'm afraid if that happens Miranda might have a brain Aneurysm. By the way you may call me Sergeant Grant, but everyone around here just calls me Grant. I'm Cpt. Miranda's right hand man, and I take care of everything when she has one of her uh... episodes... Now if you'll excuse I must quickly head back to the HQ... I have to take care of a few-" He said as the sound of a piece of the hole in the side of the HQ that was made by the Super Heavy collapses down onto a building below. "Make that a lot of things I have to take care of..." Said Grant as he walks off.

Comment

Isle of Spirits - Halls of Time - 7th floor - Center

The shadowy being repeated itself:
                  "We are shadows, memories, like yourselves."

Red eyes surrounding the group looked out of the shadows. These were different from the ones before...they looked more resilient.
                  The entity that was speaking seemed to suddenly appear closer.

Nevaaras - Crash Site

A brownish colored ship that looked more like that of an oversized fighter suddenly flew in and landed nearby in a clearing. Grey Walked over to it and opened a door that led inside a very cramped space that seemed to have analytical systems and a slot for the crystal compartment he had from before. Squeezing in, he set the crystal sample in and started working on a few computers.
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-16-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Nevaaras

"Yes, I do have a map. And what is this plan, if I may ask?" SimO asked.

Isle of Spirits

Mima sighed. "I'm tired of this shit."

Mima aimed her staff at the ground.

"Master fuckin' Spark." Mima said in annoyance. The laser shot out, removing most of the floor of the room from the wideness, and causing most to fall.

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mara jumped as the lasoer destroyed most if not all the floor and started falling towards a debris. Using her portal gun, the bioroid shot the gates and managed to land safely

"Nice move spirit, I like that determination"
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Halls of Time - 1st floor - Main Room

Right as the shadows seemed to be getting more prevalent in the room, Mima blasted a hole in the ground, allowing them to escape. The drop must have been at least 157 feet. As John fell on his feet on the ground below, the marble cracked around him as a loud boom echoed throughout the large room. As soon as he landed, John was already looking over his surroundings, trying to figure out where he was.

Crash Site - Nevaaras

After the man talked to Ethan, Ethan nodded his head and acknowledged that he understood. after that, he then turned his attention over to SimO and spoke.

"Well, I'm assuming that based on the size of your ship, it has to have a decent sized fusion reactor on board. If that's the case, then we won't have to worry about trying to kill every single creature on board. Once we get the survivors out, I'll go into the reactor, adjust how much fusion material is in the reactor, and either blow the ship up, or flood it with radiation. In the end, my method is up to you. Do you want to be able to save the ship, or should we destroy it?, Ethan asked the robot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Isle of Spirits - Halls of Time - 1st floor - Main Hall

With the newly formed hole in the ceiling of the central hall...
                          it seemed as though Mima had created more of a problem than a solution.

Spoiler:

The central hall was the brightest area in the entire Halls of Time, but the hole in the ceiling seemed to be leaking the very embodiment of darkness itself into the room. Lights began to snuff out, covering the main entrance in shadow. The entity from before was standing in the doorway and the more resilient Demonarcs could be seen nearby. Either side of the central hall fell in shadow.

"Thank you." The entity said. "For breaching the final defense of the Halls of Time."

Other doppelgangers appeared near the first one. They spoke in unison.
                          "The walls were our prison. The walls have been broken. We shall once again be free to roam the galaxy."

The Demonarc Umbras and the other Demonarc variants began to move in with the shadows that slowly engulfed the room. Only a path towards the Massive metal-work clock at the top of the stairs was still available. A grey note appeared nearby in the direction of the stairs saying "Flee to the Sanctuary!"
                          While a white note that was pointing towards the entrance said. "The only way out is through them!"
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-17-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Halls of Time - 1st floor - Main Hall

In a single instant, John carefully thought about the two choices. If they tried to escape, they could finally get out of this place and try to find a way back home, but they would also risk getting killed. Not only that, they would also have those shadows roaming the galaxy. If they fled to the sanctuary, there would be a chance they would never get out, but perhaps the sanctuary could be of use. Perhaps they could find a way to kill the shadows, or at least get intel on them. With that in mind, John made his decision.

"Everyone, to the sanctuary. I'll cover you.", John said as he pulled out his combat knives.

As soon as the knives came in contact with John's hands, Cortana redirected power to his hands and electrified them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mara heard the soldier and sighed "You are an idiot if you think we will leave you behind" she said drawing bothher energy daggers and charging them more as her arms started to get hotter

Looking at the oncoming shadows, the bioroid then sensed something else.. it was faint, but she knew what it was because of the countless hours of working on laboratories "Besides, we possibly just got an escape route that is still safe, yet IŽll need some time to actually find it" she spoke pointing to a general direction

"So just know this spartan, the times of working as a lone wolf are long gone" the golden eyed warned as she prepared for the oncoming enemies

Spoiler:

Comment

John didn't really know how well Mara could fight, but if she wanted to help, then the others would have even more of a chance.

"We can't escape until the shadows are dealt with. We might be able to find answers in the sanctuary. If not, then we at least have a place to stay until the shadows thin out their numbers in The Halls. It will at least allow us to travel when it's safer to do so.", John said to Mara as he eyed the shadows.

Meanwhile, Cortana primed John's suit for fighting all of the Demonarcs.

"Okay Chief, I'm rerouting your suit's power into the Aura Crystal conduits. It should give you a 25% boost across the board. You won't have enough power to maintain this state, so make it count.", Cortana said o John.

John lightly nodded his head, acknowledging what Cortana said.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X