X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Spirits

"Well, most species can become spirits, if they're sentient." Mima said. "I was human though, Sometime over a trillion years ago, hard to remember an exact date when it's been so long. Mind wanders, you know? As for what i'm made of, it also depends. Mostly ectoplasm though. It's quite squishy." Mima explained.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Isles of Spirits-Manor of eternity-7th floor

Eorthe considered the spirit's words, muttering to herself under her breath. "Spirit...I never actually considered what I am...now that I lost my original body. Ectoplasm...I'm not squishy..." Then she stopped as she sensed that she had arrived at the same level as the human she had sensed. She put the spirit out of her mind, summoned a few sharp pieces of rubble into her free hand and started looking around for the human.
      How many times can you die a day~?
      How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Isle of Spirits

"What are you doing up here anyways? Looking for something?" Mima asked. "I could help you."

Nevaaras

SimO's sensors reactivated after the crash, and the tall android pushed itself off the somewhat tilted floor, sand partially flooding the room. It checked it's rifle, cooling it, and set out to find someone else.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Ethereal Galaxy - Helios System - Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
          Halls of Time - 7th floor - East Side

After a minute of walking, John decided to walk over to one of the nearby windows and look outside. As John looked out the window, he saw that they were in a large mansion of some kind, on a large island surrounded by water.

"Just where exactly are we?", John asked Cortana in a confused tone.

"There's little information to help us here. No matter what I try to reach out to, I find no electronics. There is literally no devices that can give us an idea where we are.", Cortana answered as she continued to scan he area, trying to find signs of life.

Just when things seemed quiet on the radar, a couple red dots appeared on John's radar. Reacting quickly, John quickly moved away from the window and aimed his Battle Rifle in the direction of the red dots, only he saw nothing. In fact, the red dots disappeared just as suddenly as they had appeared.

"Did you see that?", John asked Cortana as he moved closer to the window.

"Yea. I guess the note was right about the shadows being alive. Let's try and be careful.", Cortana said as she turned the flashlights on John's helmet on.

John continued to walk through the halls, trying to find a way out, when all of a sudden, more and more red dots would appear, then disappear from his radar. Not only that, but occasionally, he would see what appeared to be red eyes staring at him from the shadows. As soon as he would face his onboard flashlight towards them, they would disappear. At this point, John had picked up is walking speed to a run, shining the light of his flashlight on the shadows as they would appear. All John knew was that if he stopped now, then he would be caught by the ever-present monsters in the dark.

Nevaaras

After a minute of flying, Ethan was now within proximity of the girl and landed 15 feet away from her with a light thud from his boots as he touched down on the ground. After landing, Ethan casually walked over to the body of the girl and crouched down in front of her.

(Let's see who you are...), Ethan thought as he lightly tilted his head and pulled back the girl's hood.

As Ethan pulled back the hood, the girl's jet black hair was revealed, along with her painfully pale skin. The sight of the skin was truly unexpected. The only time Ethan ever saw a skin tone like this girl's was on corpses.

"Damn pale.", Ethan muttered as he turned the girl's head with his hand and saw the side of her face.

From what Ethan could see, the girl appeared to be dead. She had body heat, but it might have been absorbed heat from the sun. The only way for Ethan to be sure was to check her pulse. To his surprise, there was a pulse, albeit a somewhat weak one.

"Well, I can't just leave you out here for the birds, now can I?", Ethan asked the girl as if she were conscious.

After standing back up, Ethan walked next to the girl, crouched down, and turned her over to her back. After that, Ethan put his arms behind the girl's knees and upper back, and lifted her off the ground. After that, Ethan turned towards the city and began to walk towards it.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Isles of Spirits-Manor of eternity-7th floor

Eorthe ignored the spirit, according to her other senses, the human had just started running, seemingly with no destination in mind. This could only mean he was running away from something. She couldn't have been spotted...at least not by the human's five senses, but this human was wearing a suit, maybe it was one of those pieces of technologies created by them.

Regardless, the human was moving further away. Eorthe broke into a sprint, chasing after him, using her power to nudge all potential things that could trip her up out of the way. She was so concentrated on her target that she did not notice her senses alerting her to other presences in the shadows. As long as they were not human, she did not care.

Comment

Helios System - Nevaaras

As Ethan was carrying Megumi towards the city she began to twitch slightly as she slowly came to consciousness. As she did she looked at him with a weak look on her face. It was obvious that she was not in good condition. She was burning up due to the intense heat, there are some minor burns and scraps due to the fierce sands, but one stands out most is her unusually pale skin tone, and the two large scars on her torso. She looked at Ethan for a few seconds longer as she tried to reach for his throat... However she had passed out once more.

It was obvious she was weak, and needed some medical help.

Comment

Isle of Spirits

Mima noticed the shadows closing in on Eorthe.

"Ah, hell no." Mima said, rushing ahead and enacting a spell of light, emitting a bright light from her staff, driving back the evil beings, and catching up with Eorthe, and keeping pace.

"You really need to watch for the dark. Bad stuff lurks there." Mima said.

The Reaper kept moving, noticing the shadowy forms moving along side it. They seemingly treated the Reaper as if it was not there, however, simply moving past it without notice. Perhaps there was bigger prey, or, maybe they thought he was simply another one of them. It didn't matter. What did, however, was the movement ahead. It leapt up, easily above eye level, and stood perfectly still, not even a heartbeat came from it then.

"You really need to watch for the dark. Bad stuff lurks there." Mima said.
                Last edited by Koishi; 02-11-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Ethereal Galaxy - Helios System - Planet Dua - Mirror Sea - Isle of Spirits
                  Halls of Time - 7th floor - East Side

As John ran through the halls, he felt something grab at his ankle. Reacting quickly, John kicked forward and freed his foot. After that, John hopped in the air and spun 360 degrees. As John reached the 180 degree mark, he opened fire on the shadow trying to grab him, but the bullets seemed to pass right through it. As soon as the 360 degree spin was completed, John landed back on his feet and immediately continued to run.

"Cortana, we need a way out of here, now.", John said as he continued to run.

"Hang on, I'm checking.. Wait, there's something quickly approaching us. Two entities, one faster than the other.", Cortana warned John.

"Then wee'll need to pick up our pace.", John said as he increased his running speed to 50 mph and ran towards the west side of the building.

If John could make it to the west side, the sunlight would protect him from the shadows.

Helios System - Nevaaras

As Ethan walked, he felt the girl lightly twitch in his arms and looked down as she briefly regained consciousness and looked up at him with her unnaturally blue eyes. She tried to reach up to him, but lost consciousness before she could touch him. Her reaching for his neck confused Ethan, but he didn't think much about it. Now that Ethan was paying attention to the girl, he could see a small collection of burns and scrapes on her body, most likely from the harsh desert storm. Of course, what stood out more was two scars; one on the right side of her stomach, while the other one was on the left side of her ribs, partially concealed by her top.

(Damn, went through hell and back, didn't you?), Ethan thought as he thought about how she might have gotten those scars.

After a couple minutes, Ethan arrived in the outskirts of the city. It was not a very suitable place to stop, but the girl seemed to be in horrible condition. At least it was cooler here, thanks to the shadows of the buildings and the cool pavement. After finding a suitable place to place the girl down, Ethan propped her up against the wall of a nearby store and briskly walked inside. After a minute, Ethan walked back out, this time with three bottles of icy cold water. Ethan then crouched down beside her and thought about how he would give her the water. He couldn't just force-feed her the water, so he had to wake her up. Ethan opened up the bottle and slowly dripped the icy cold water onto the girl's forehead, hoping that the little water droplets would bring her back into consciousness.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Isles of spirits-Manor of eternity-7th floor

The flash of light finally distracted her from the human she had sensed. "You really need to watch for the dark. Bad stuff lurks there." The spirit said. Eorthe didn't bother looking around, her meager night vision had just been ruined by that flash of light. She simply stopped and once again concentrated on her other senses, then she noticed vague presences in the shadows. She couldn't tell what they were, they were something new, something she had never met before, like this spirit. After the flash of light had died off, the presences stopped retreating and were slowly coming back. For some reason, she couldn't get a proper lock on them, they seemed to be appearing and disappearing. She tried driving them off by shooting off the pieces of debris in her hand at them, but the stones simply bounced around off the floor and walls, hitting nothing.

As she clenched her empty hand, she remembered the note she had picked up but hadn't read, she was about to attempt reading it when she detected more movement. Directly in front. Her senses once again couldn't identify it, too many things in this galaxy were too alien. Her senses told her it was not a living thing, but yet it had moved. Then again the spirit wasn't exactly living either. This one seemed a lot more solid than the presences in the shadows. Eorthe summoned another rock into her hand, and sent it shooting straight at where she had sensed the object had stopped at.

Comment

Helios System - Nevaaras

The second Ethan started pouring the ice cold water onto her forehead she slowly came back to consciousness. As she did she stared at him with her cold blue eyes. At first she looked all innocent... as though she was just waking up from a pleasant dream. She turned to Ethan, and stared at him for at least a good minute before her eyes widened. A look of almost pure rage came a cross her face as she threw a punch with enough force to crack a bone or two at his chest. Looks like the water did a little more than wake her up...

Comment

Helios System - Nevaaras

One moment, the girl was waking up, and the next, she punched him square in the chest. Ethan was not able to react to the sudden attack, and was knocked backwards and onto his back, spilling water all over the girl, himself, and the ground around them both. Luckily, his armor protected him from the blow, but it did surprise him how hard she punched. In fact, her punch was strong enough to rival 250 pound thugs. If Ethan didn't know better, this girl might have been either exceptional, or superhuman.

"Ahh, dammit... Well now you have less water to drink.", Ethan said to the girl as he slowly got back up.

"Why did you do that?", Ethan asked the girl.
                        sigpic

Comment

Helios System - Nevaaras

Megumi quickly hopped up onto her feet as she glared at him. She didn't say anything at all. Instead she outstretched her right arm as a large cannon the size of her body started to materialize over her arm. As she summoned her Rock Cannon she aimed it at Ethan as though she was going to fire. All the while she was looking at her surroundings rapidly as though she was confused, and scared of where she was. In fact she is kind of confused as to where she is...

Comment

Helios System - Nevaaras

One second, the girl was standing with no weapons, and the next, she was aiming some kind of cannon at him.

"Whoawhoawhoa, let's not be rash here. It's just some spilled water.", Ethan said to the girl as he held out his hands in front of him and tried to calm her down with his body language, mainly to show her that he meant no harm.

From what Ethan could see, the girl seemed to be confused as to where she was. Perhaps if he explained what had happened, she would trust him and put the weapon away.

"You are in the colony CY-001. I found you on the very outskirts of the town and thought you could use some help, so I brought you here.", Ethan explained to the girl.
                            sigpic

Comment

Helios System - Nevaaras - colony outskirts

The man was sliding down a dune towards the crash site with both sets of archeological cases still in his hands. He noticed movement from the wreckage. "Is there someone still alive in that mess?"
                              He was now in visual range of anyone from the wreckage, of course difficult to identify due to the beige color of his short jacket and the hood, red goggles and scarf covering his face.

Comment

Helios System - Nevaaras

Megumi at first did not heed his first remark. It was as though she was too focused on finding out where she was.

When Ethan finally told her where she was she seemed to calm down a little as she lowered her cannon. As she did her cannon seemed to de-materialize as she stood up straight. "CY-001... I finally... made it..." She said as she fell to her knees before passing out immediately after. She was still obviously weak, and even exhausted. Just using her energy to attack him had already exhausted her.

Comment

Working...
                                X