X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortus Woods - Outskirts

As Nicholas lost consciousness, the brief sound of what sounded like a vehicle screeching to a halt could be heard, followed by the sound of a door being flung open and heavy booted footsteps, albeit muffled by the rain.

The source of the commotion was from the person Lance spoke to on the phone, the one that was no more than half a mile away just a bit ago. The woman Miranda had just managed to screech to a halt after seeing a parked vehicle, and what looked to be some sort of brutal fight in the headlights. If she had been any slower at slamming the brakes, she would have crashed into Nicholas's own vehicle. However that wasn't what was on her mind though, for as Miranda stepped out from her truck, Duffel Bag full of weapons and various supplies slung over her shoulder, she saw the sight for herself.

Hell Hounds. Each of them dead from various wounds, and on the road she could even see the melted remains of what looked to be a knife and... a tire iron? Seeing all this made Miranda quite concerned as she cursed under breath. "Damn..." Was all she could say in a tone that sounded more... disappointed than anything. Though what she saw next was something that really got her blood running a bit cold. Laying among the dead Hell Hounds, and resting close to the Alpha Hell Hound, was a young man. He looked to be in his late teens to early 20's, but more concerning was the fact that he was covered in all sorts of burns and wounds. Most of which looked... fatal.

The moment Miranda spotted Nicholas's unconscious body bleeding out, she cursed again before rushing over to him. "Shit!"

As soon as Miranda got to Nicholas's side she got down to one knee and placed her index and middle finger on the side of his throat as if to check his pulse. The result made Miranda worry even more, as while the poor sap still had a pulse, it was fading. Immediately she got down and began going through her duffel bag for something.

"Come on, where is it!?" She mumbled before she found it. A syringe for what looked to be an adrenaline shot, of which she quickly took and prepared it. Flicking the needle once, she then pulled up one of his sleeve and injected it right into Nicholas's arm. "Jesus Christ I hope this shit works!" She pleaded as the serum in the shot coursed through his veins.

The shot was indeed an adrenaline shot, and while it won't stop Nicholas from bleeding out, it should get him back to consciousness long enough to seek medical assistance.

"Come on kid, just hang in there! I'll get ya some help as soon as possible!" She said as she was about to help pick him up off the ground, however the sound of rustling from nearby could be heard, followed by the distinctive howl of several Hell Hounds in the distance. While she couldn't see them, she knew they were close by, as the howling didn't sound too far off. That and with the heavy rustling of the bushes and trees from nearby. She knew one thing, that she was surrounded. However she remained calm as she took out the shotgun from her duffel bag and held it at the ready, constantly looking at the tree line as a hell hound quickly lunged from the bushes and right at her. Knocking her off the road and into the tree line where the sound of her yelling profanity and insults, as well as gunshots could be heard...

Deep down though... in Nicholas's heart, something felt... for a brief moment, warmer. Whether it was from the shot of adrenaline, or something else, it was as though a spark was trying to ignite deep down. As if telling him to get up.
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-14-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

The Boundless
      Waelin's eyes narrowed with a mixture of skepticism and irritation. "Like I said earlier. I weave quilts. I don't fight fucking demons."

Their voice paused for a moment, breathing in before their words came out low, deceptively calm, but with a very strong undercurrent of aggression. "What I did back there was a matter of desperation and i've probably got some nerve damage 'cause of that impromptu shock therapy of yours. Not to mention, you say that slayers are on the downturn. But if my eyes are still fuckin' working, what i've seen this past week says the opposite for these demons. One girl who doesn't even know how to fire a gun, let alone actually fight something properly isn't exactly going to be the biggest help in stemming the goddamn apocalypse that's brewing under this city's feet."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The Boundless

"Then I can't force you to become a slayer." Lance spoke, turning away before preparing to walk away from Waelin. "If you were to join us though, and since you have seemingly unlocked your Figment, you would be trained. You won't just be trained in how to fight by more competent Slayers than myself, but you will also learn how to your summon your Figment. Over time you would learn how to use the abilities it grants you, and then you'd be able to fight. While everyone's Figments are varied, there are still ways to learn the ins and outs of what yours can do. Even so if you don't wish to fight, you would at least then be able to defend yourself against more dangerous demons. In the end it is your choice." He explained further before reaching into his pocket where he took out his wallet, and from his wallet he took out what looked to be a small card that he put on the table. The card was a bit soggy, but the contents on the card could still be read quite clearly. It appeared to be a business card of sorts.

"If you do decide to change your mind, or need assistance. Then just call the number on that card." With that he turned and walked over to the counter where Enraku was, there he then took out a card with a different number on it as well as payment for his drink and handed it to them. "And call this number if you want to try and get that petition about demon classification started. They may actually listen to you this time." Once that was taken care of Lance turned and prepared to leave, though just as he stopped at the door he turned to Waelin one last time.

"Also, about that... possible nerve damage... Don't worry too much about it. If I wasn't mistaken and you DID call upon your Figment back there, then you won't need to worry. Almost all Figment users tend to have a better healing factor. Give it a day or two and you should be fine. If not, then Enraku could probably help. He's good with the whole magic stuff if I recall." Then without even saying a goodbye, Lance left... leaving out the door and back into the dark, stormy night.
        Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-13-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

The Boundless
          Waelin released a sigh as the door closed, bells on the door ringing out. And then, there were two.

"I don't even have a phone anymore." the girl grumbled before pulling up a hand to massage their head. "This has probably ruined my life."

Enraku watched and listened closely as they finished their polishing. The bartender moved out of the bar, placing themselves within the seat Lance occupied. "Perhaps. Perhaps not."

While their head still angled downward, their eyes darted to Enraku for a moment before they unconsciously released a rumble, almost like a low growl. "How has it not? I've been turned into a freak of nature, i've been shown how completely fucked everything is, I can't even go home, looking as I am. I don't even wanna' know what my parents would think if they saw me now, let alone the rest of the world. Oh, and to top it off, i've got goddamn demons trying to hunt me down and end my life. So, again, how has this not ruined my life?"

"Well, the look is something I can solve, and that's a fair amount of your issues." Enraku calmly replied.

"What's the catch?" Waelin retorted.

"Why, I would never..."

Waelin's look shifted into a glare. Enraku let out a sigh.

"Okay, there is a price, but it's one that benefits you as much as myself. I've been looking for workers. Waiters, mainly. Maybe someone to fill in on my bartending."

"You, with the apparent super-speed?" Waelin commented.

They gave a shrug. "What can I say, i'm lazy. Look, you would be paid in addition to me helping you with your issue. Not even a five day work-week. Plus free access to food, drink, and the guest rooms when you need them."

Waelin eyed them suspiciously. "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

"Ah, ah, probably does not equate to an absolute." Enraku noted. The girl looked conflicted.

"Tell you what, i'll spice it up even more. I'll give you a week to think about it, and a temporary solution for your problem in the meantime." Enraku replied.

"Temporary?"

"Correct. A magical glamour, to hide your more demonic parts from others. It was my planned solution in general. It only works on the more magically impaired. A slayer or demon would still see you as you are, but a regular human wouldn't." they explained. "So, what do you say?"

Waelin was silent for a couple moments. "Can we start said timer tomorrow? I feel like i'm going to pass out at any given moment."

"As you wish. The guest rooms are up via that stairway." Enraku gestured to the stairs towards the back of the bar. "First room on the left is a good choice."

"Thank you." she replied as they got out of the seat.

"I try to be as gracious a host as possible. It'd be rude not to." Enraku replied, giving a soft smile. "I will see you tomorrow."

Waelin could only give a small nod at that before they moved to head up the stairs, moving out of sight.

Only after did they hear the opening and closing of a door did Enraku move, their face returning to a neutral position immediately.

"What the hell are you planning, Ricthos?" they mumbled to themselves. They breathed out through their nose before they zipped back behind the counter. They had some calls to make.

????
          Deep within the stronghold of the Veiled Eye, a figure sat atop a throne of bones and blood. It's form was draped in chitinous plates of red and black, it's four eyes leaking malice upon the surroundings. It's throne had many arms, to account for it's proper lord. High Prophet Ricthos, leader of the Veiled Eye, Herald of Wrath, and the Opener of Ways waited as the screams and yells from outside died down. The breakout was contained, subjects kept in their rightful place. It pleased them. It showed the prisoners that their attempts at escape were meaningless. And that would mean less dissent, more acceptance of their fates. Good.

A door opened, and a figure entered. They were considerably smaller than themselves, but they knew that that figure hid power that rivaled themselves.

"Ah, Berith." Ricthos spoke, his voice raspy, yet powerful, a distinct echo prominent within it. "Is the rioting quelled?"

"That it is." Berith's voice was almost a polar opposite to Ricthos's, young, almost high-pitched. While it lacked an echo, each had a light lilt to it. "All prisoners secured, all resistance completely crushed."

"Excelle-"

"But." Berith interrupted. "Except for one."

Ricthos leaned forward, their glowing eye-slits narrowing. "One escaped? Who."

"I believe their name is Waelin? You should know them, they were your little 'present' for Wrath." Berith spoke casually, even as Ricthos tried to intimidate. There was almost a smug note to their words, one that caused Ricthos's grip on their chair to tighten.

"Details, immediately." Ricthos darkened their tone further, while Berith's smug look only grew.

"Welllll, seems that they had quite a bit of fight in them. They managed to make a shiv from destroyed metal plating during the rioting, stopped a Grangler by removing one of their eyes and used the rest of the riots to slip out into the storm. Of course I sent some after them, but, who would've guessed, but they managed to awaken their Figment!" Berith gave a toothy smile.

"You said that was an impossibility with the procedures." Ricthos's voice rose with cold irritance.

"Improbability, not impossibility, you fuckin' cocknostril." Berith's voice turned sour for a moment as they were questioned, face scowling before they shifted back to smile on a dime, their tone once again peppy. "Annnnyways, they ran into another slayer, completely fried one of the Granglers, and the other was left heavily wounded."

"Info on said slayer?" Ricthos pressed.

"Mid-tier, utilizes a lightning-infused spear, and their name is Lance." Berith rattled off.

The last note gave Ricthos pause, a second of silence before they incredulously asked "The spear-wielding Slayer is called Lance?"

"I know, it's absurdly stupid." Berith beamed. "But after they left, the other Grangler tailed them a bit, they got to the Boundless."

Ricthos sighed. "Of course it had to be the Boundless... can we keep track of them regardless?"

"I've already got some on the case, you need not worry." Berith answered. "But yeah, that's all I know."

"You are dismissed." Ricthos rose a hand idly towards the door. "When you get a chance to capture them, take it."

"As you command!" Berith said, cheer slightly tinged with something resembling sarcasm. "Toodaloo!"

And with that, they vanished behind the door, leaving the Prophet to brood.

Enraku knowing about the girl was... problematic. They needed to get this done fast. They had days, probably less than a week before he knew. And considering Sloth... they needed to plan. They would not let this chance to restore the clan to it's height go to waste. And if the girl awoke a figment...

Ricthos smiled. Maybe this could be even better than they originally intended.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Daisuke's Home | Ortus City Suburbs

Daisuke's younger sister could have swore she saw someone hiding behind her brother, but she blamed it on her groggy half-awake brain making her see things that likely wasn't there. However she also wasn't in the mood, or right state of mind really question her brother. "Oh... Okaaaay... Goodnight..." She grumbled as she then shuffled back to her bed, Daisuke quietly closing her bedroom door behind her.

With one hell of a bullet having been dodged, Daisuke just chuckled nervously to himself for a moment before he snapped his attention towards his own bedroom door before quickly rushing inside his room and shutting the door behind him. He tried to close the door behind him as quietly as he could, but he didn't do too good of a job due to his panicky mind at the moment. This did prompt a brief "BE QUIET! SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!" right from his sister in next room, which did make Daisuke jump a bit.

Thankfully, after a good 5 minutes of Daisuke not moving or doing anything, there was no further noise coming from his sister's room. Letting out a sigh of relief, Daisuke then slowly turned his attention to the young woman who is now in his room... naked, and most importantly, bleeding.

It took a moment for him to say anything, as he was trying to remember something... That was when he forgot that he's going to need to get a first aid kit for her! Not only that, but he's going to need to call emergency services too. There was honestly so many things going through his mind that it made it hard for him to think, add onto the fact that he's beginning to feel the effects of being up so late, it took him a good minute to decide on something.

"Okay... just wait here and... try not to get any blood on the floor, okay? I'm going to go get the first aid kit real quick, and I really don't want to explain to my mom and sister why I have a red stain on the carpet... So don't leave and be quiet. Got it?" He said in a hushed whisper so as not to make too much more noise. After that he turned around and quietly tip-toed out of his room to go look for the First Aid Kit. Leaving the young woman alone in Daisuke's quiet room. There was one thing though,

He forgot to turn on the lights for her, leaving the room to be illuminated by the faint glow of street lamps from outside, as well as the occasional flash of lightning.

Comment

The silence of darkness was something the girl was used to as she stood rather motionlessly while the room's owner, Daisuke, left to grab a medicine kit to patch her wounds up. The throbbing pain from the open wound was uncomfortable, but she was used to that as well. She was more so curious about the room itself as she wandered, her unguided steps taking her to and from different items. She eventually fixated her gaze onto a series of picture frames on his desk, displaying various moments of his life.

Most of the photos were of him and his family: his mother, whose exhaustion from work was evident even through the frame, his younger sister without a care in the world in her expression, and Daisuke himself, appearing to be annoyed by the ordeal. One of the photos showcased Daisuke posing next to an exuberant young blond boy about the same age as his friend, looking even more annoyed than the last few she saw. The girl did not have any photos taken of her... well, no photos taken of her own volition. The people in the pictures seemed to possess some kind of normalcy inside, captured in the exact moment to preserve them forever. The girl couldn't help but wonder if she could've lived such normal life too.

Her gaze shifted towards the window as it was the only thing illuminating the dark room, taking the photo of Daisuke and his blond friend to the light to get a more detailed look. However, she did not pay attention to the photo as she stared out into the streets, as if mesmerized by the street lights and the passing-by cars, clutching her wound with one hand and the photo frame with the other, drying her body with the warmth inside.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Leaving the young woman alone in his room, Daisuke had gone off to look for the first aid kit. Going to search under the bathroom sink first. Having gone into one of the only two bathrooms in the house, Daisuke immediately flicked on the lights and looked under the sink. What was under there was a variety of different bathroom cleaning supplies, some spare bottles of body wash, an old flashlight, and even... an unopened bag of candy? Seeing this Daisuke pulled out the bag of expired candy and sighed. "Of course... Sachiko must have hid it down here so I won't find it, then completely forgot all about it." He thought as he tossed the bag of expired candy into the small trash bin by the toilet. The fact that his sister bought the candy and hid it doesn't bother him. It's the fact that she let it expire, thus wasting perfectly good candy that angers him. However after searching further, he did finally find it. Giving a small sigh he grabbed the first aid kit and immediately proceeded to sneak back to his bedroom, where he opened the door surprisingly fast and suddenly, despite needing to try and be quiet. Though he did manage to catch the door before it slammed against his bedroom wall, preventing it from making any further noise that would have possibly woken his sister and his mother, but also prevented the doorknob from making a small hole in the wall.

Comment

At the sound of the door opening, the girl broke her trance-like observation of the outside streets to turn to Daisuke, clutching the photo frame in her other hand harder and raising the hand that was holding her wound up as if she was defending herself or expecting someone to take hostile actions towards her. Noticing that it was not the case, the girl lowered her arm and gazed upon the red medical kit in his hands. Silent and stoic, her head tilted a little to the side, as if to read the content on the kit, or perhaps due to her boundless curiosity towards the most mundane things.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

With First Aid kit in hand, and after closing the door, he turned to the young woman andtilted his own head. The way she was looking at the first aid kit was... odd. She had a look of curiosity, almost like she never seed a such a thing before. This prompted a small chuckle from Daisuke, who despite not looking too shaken by how his night has gone, is currently having what feels like a million thoughts rush through his head.

After a brief moment he walked over to the woman and began to open the first aid kit. "Don't worry, this is just going to be used to help treat your wounds. Then I'll be calling emergency services and you'll be on your way back home or something. Also I'm not a doctor, so just sit still and let me take a look and see what I can do."

Comment

The girl silently nodded upon hearing Daisuke's plans, though she wasn't entirely sure if she fully understood what he was saying. She did not understand how the red box could possibly patch up her injury, and why she would need some kind of service to go back home. In fact, she wasn't too convinced that she should return home, for some reason. Nevertheless, she sat as asked and lifted her arms up, exposing the severity of the wound she has sustained.

The gash was deep and precise, as if she was cut by a vorpal blade. There were no signs of infections, which was a good sign, but the sheer intricacy of the wound and how clean it looks is unnerving. Another thing to note was that the blood this girl's wound exuded was lighter-colored than the color of blood Daisuke's was used to, though he wouldn't necessarily know why that is the case. Still, it's a cut wound, and the best way to tackle it would be to cover it with bandage and take antibiotics to stop any kind of possible infections to take place. The girl remained silent, merely watching Daisuke with the curious and alluring stare as she waited for treatment.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

For the next good 5-10 minutes things were silent. Daisuke was busy trying to clean the wound with some of the alcohol wipes that came in the first aid kit. The alcohol on said wipes would sting a bit as they come into contact with the oddly clean and smooth gash in her side, all while Daisuke was leaning in to get a closer look at the wound. To be honest Daisuke was feeling fairly awkward, and quite tense in the situation he currently is in. After all, he's very close to a woman whose body would be almost comparable to that of a super model in his opinion. However his mind was also focused on the wound. It looked smooth, deep, and precise, as if the cut was made by a surgeon with a scalpel. This odd wound, combined with the fact that she's completely naked and seemingly confused made Daisuke wonder what happened to this woman. Could she have just been a victim of a mugging gone... really skeevy? Or was she the victim of something more sinister like a failed organ harvesting attempt? Or was it something else entirely? Honestly, Daisuke couldn't figure it out at all, and so he decided to remain silent, though the reason for his silence is that he still doesn't want to accidentally wake his sister up.

Soon the woman's wound was treated as Daisuke finished, putting the a gauze pad over the wound and keeping it in place nice and tight with some medical tape. This should at least be able to stop the bleeding for now. Unfortunately this was all Daisuke could do as he wasn't a doctor himself. Now with the wound treated, Daisuke sighed as he stepped back and sat on the floor across from her.

"There... fucking done. How's it feel?"

Comment

Ortus Woods - Outskirts

Nick fell deeper and deeper into the dark, both in consciousness and hopelessness. Although his body was broken and cold, his mind was at peace. It was too tiring to move, so why try? What was he to do? His life was concluded with this night, and if not, then he would simply repeat what he had always done. The routine was the same, and it would remain the same until the conclusion of his life, so he wouldn't miss much...

It was then when Nick felt something strange, almost like a faint spark, igniting to a small candlelight in the dark of his soul. The soft blue glow of the candlelight antagonized the void with its persistence, mocking its surroundings with its flickering dance.

"No. You're wrong."

What was once pessimistic thoughts soon burst into desperation. Of course he would miss much! He was only 18 and had his whole life ahead of him. If not that, then there was watching his siblings grow, and if not that, there was sheer spite, wasn't there? No, there was more than that. Now that it was the end, now that it was time to die, Nick did not want to go. The little light remaining within himself wanted to see more, wanted to do more. If he died here, then he would never be able to see what could be. His life would be just another tragedy. Even in this sea of hopelessness, he raged at the thought that there would be no happy end. He raged and the flame grew.

"No, no more. Get up..."

Nick's mind screamed in revolt of death. This ragged, wretched form wanted to see daylight again! It wanted to live! This flame within would be the light out of this darkness! It would rage through him and burn with an intensity that nobody has ever seen!

"GET UP!!!"

Nicholas's eyes shot open as he felt something within ignite, not only the primal drive to continue living, but as if his spirit had somehow done the same. Nick growled and painfully sat up. He glanced down at his injuries, only to grimace at the oozing blood seeping from the gaping cuts deep against his torso and right forearm. If he did not treat them as soon as possible, then he was going to bleed out. The one in his arm seemed especially bad, likely due to a severed artery. He was going to live, so there was no other option.

Nick struggled to drag himself to the dead Hellhound Alpha. Its blood glowed white-hot in the night, defying the cold rain with its brilliance. Taking the ruined hunting knife he had before, Nicholas stabbed into the blood and kept it submerged until it glowed red. After that, Nicholas swallowed hard and clenched his teeth before pressing the blade against the wound on his right arm. Searing pain shot through his body as the blade burned into his flesh, cauterizing the wound. His screams of pain instead came out as defiant roars. Good. The pain meant he was alive, and he was going to need to summon every ounce of his will to survive this night. He then pressed the knife against his chest and growled as it cooked his flesh. He was damaging his body irreparably, but it was a small price to pay as opposed to bleeding to death.

It was then when his surroundings came into focus. There was another car behind his, and gunshots and growling in the forest. As evidenced by the duffel bag nearby, they were trying to offer him aid, but now they too were being hunted. It was time to return the favor, even if it crippled him. Nicholas reached into the bag and pulled out a Springfield XD-M .45 and a combat knife, and sprinted into the forest...

*POP POP POP*

(Devil May Cry 5 - Voltaic Black Knight - 00:18)

Miranda saw three hollowpoint rounds enter one of the hellhounds through half-inch holes, but leaving ones five times the size out the exits. Standing at the hellhound pack's flank was a battered 18-year-old boy, glowing with a pale-blue light and murder in his eyes. His right forearm and chest were burned horribly and his clothes were in tatters, but it was as if his injuries had no effect on him. This was the boy who had killed the hellhound alpha earlier, and it looked like he was intent on finishing off the rest of the pack, once and for all. The beast fell dead, and before it hit the ground, two more shots entered another beast. Nick dashed at a second, and in his other hand was a combat knife, which found its way in the base of a hellhound's skull. Nick swiftly tore the knife out and took aim with his other hand before firing into another's skull. A hellhound lunged at him, but met a powerful figment-fuelled punch to the top of its head. A loud crack rang out as the strike fractured the monster's skull, and then one hollowpoint obliterated the brain inside.
                          Originally posted by S121
                          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                          sigpic

Comment

The girl felt the singing pain as the alcohol wipe irritated her open wound, but she made no change in her expression as her wound was disinfected. She merely watched with the same curious interest as Daisuke then applied a gauze pad over the wound, keeping it fastened with tape. She flexed her waist a bit to see if the tape held true; which it did. She then poked the gauze a couple times, her eyes seemingly twinkling with interest even through her stoic gaze. She has received treatment before in the past, when her masters were particularly ruthless or were in a foul mood. But never had she received a genuine care like this before. It felt... heartwarming, though she didn't understand why.

"It feels... good." The girl uttered as she straightened up her stature for the first time since Daisuke saw her. With her body upright, she is rather tall for a young woman of her apparent age; the top of her head easily reaching up to Daisuke's nose. She was also lean and particularly muscular around her limbs and shoulders, suggesting a very strong upper body and leg strength. She had a very striking facial features; fierce eyes with naturally robust lashes with furrowed brows as if she's trying to remember something. "Thank you... er..."
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Ortus Woods | Outskirts

"Come on you flaming pieces of shit! Is that the best you got!?" Miranda taunted as she shot one of the Hell hounds dead center in the mouth as it leapt towards her. The shotgun's blast blowing it's brains all over the trees behind it as it fell lifeless. However this wasn't the only one there, as there was a significantly large amount of Hell Hounds surrounding her on all sides. She began to reload a couple shells she had in her pocket into her shotgun as they circled around her, cautiously waiting for the perfect moment to strike. She counted one, two, three, four, no five more Hell Hounds left.

The Hell Hounds surrounded her, snarling and growling as they watched her carefully. Both her and the Hell Hounds were simply in a state waiting for the other to make a move. This was a little more than the usual amount of Hell Hounds in a pack, however that wasn't the main focus on her mind. Rather her focus was on how much shotgun ammo she had left. She had loaded the last 3 rounds she had left into the shotgun, but there was a total of 5 Hell Hounds left. She really had to make this ammunition count. What's worse was that she was also covered in some battle wounds. Although not severe, there was a couple nasty burns on her skin from when a Hell Hound's blood splattered onto her forearm, a bite mark on her right leg, and on her stomach was 3 claw marks. She was bleeding from the wounds on her leg and stomach, but it wasn't nowhere near bad life-threatening as Nick's was. She was wishing she had taken her duffel bag with her, but it would also slowed her down... Perhaps she should resort to using her Figment, but a part of her was loving the thrill of this fight...

"I've been against worse odds you assholes! So come and get-" Miranda spoke as the sound of gunshots rang out, and almost immediately one of the Hell Hounds was rendered into nothing more than Swiss cheese as hollowpoint rounds tore through it. This made Miranda and the pack to turn their attention to the source of the gunshots, of which they saw him. Standing there with a determined look on his face was the boy she had just saw lying in the middle of the road bleeding and unconscious. Now though he was wide awake, and was ready to fight.

Without thinking the boy seemingly rushed at the rest of the pack, having shot and killed a second Hell Hound with a few more gunshots, before taking out another one with a combat knife, and then taking out another one of the beasts with a punch that was strong enough to shatter the demon's skull before finishing it off with another gunshot from a handgun that looked far to familiar to Miranda in the rain.

Before Miranda could say anything, 4 of the 5 remaining Hell Hounds were killed, leaving only one left. This one had managed to make it's way around Nick and tried to lunge at him from behind, but immediately Miranda acted with a quick shotgun blast into it's side. This didn't necessarily kill the last Hell Hound, but it did knock it down onto it's side. It's side covered in small holes from the pellets from Miranda's shotgun. It was injured and beginning to try and stand up, but was unable to due to it's injuries. As such Miranda quickly acted again and ran forward, putting another shotgun blast into the beast's side, before one final shot to finish it off....

With that the Hell Hounds were dead as Miranda stood there, looking at the dead Hell Hounds. The way they were killed was... impressive, and what was more surprising was the one who helped kill them...

Miranda turned to Nick as the Hell Hounds were dead. Rain poured overhead as she placed a hand on her side where one of the beast's had gotten her. It hurt like hell, but it wasn't anywhere near fatal. It'd heal soon. So she wasn't worried about her own injuries. Instead she was more worried for Nick. She did not know this kid, but his fighting skills were... very impressive. She already had figured he must have been a hell of a fighter judging from the dead hell hounds in the middle of the road where she found Nick. Despite his fighting skills, and decent display of strength from that punch, she was concerned for his health.

Judging by how he managed to pull off those impressive feats after moments of waking up from his horrible injuries means either one of two things. This guy is just really freaking tough naturally to survive those wounds, even with an adrenaline shot. Or something more intriguing... This man has either had a Figment, or just recently unlocked his. No matter the case, his wounds were still nasty and no matter how fast his Figment, whatever the hell it is, he still needs some kind of medical attention. Thankfully, due to him likely having a Figment, they won't need to rush to a Hospital, just get someplace safe so she can help treat his wounds.

With that in mind, she looked at him, a dead serious expression on her face as she asked.

"Hey kid, you alright there...? Looks like you're back on your feet..."

Comment

Daisuke was pleased with his handiwork.As while crude, the first aid he had applied to the woman was very good enough. After the woman confirmed that she's feeling a lot better now, Daisuke just smirked before giving a rather big yawn.It was clear that he was tired just by looking at him. From the dark circles under his eyes, and his general posture as he slumped against the side of his bed, he was definitely exhausted. After all, who wouldn't after his day? He had prepare breakfast and make sure his mother was awake and ready for work, then he had a long and frustrating day at school, with Leon calling him shortly after he had gotten home because of some stupid mess that Leon got himself into, and then finally having to run through a storm before bumping into this super model of a woman.

Safe to say he was a bit more than tired, especially with how his clock showed that it was well after midnight.

It took a moment for Daisuke to even realize that the woman was asking for his name, as he was too busy looking at his clock in an almost trance like state. Thankfully it didn't take much for Daisuke to slowly turn to the stranger of a woman standing in his room. "Huh...? Oh, yeah... I didn't introduce myself. The name's Daisuke Sato. Guess I forgot to mention that during everything else tonight..." He replied in a tired tone as he stretched his neck a bit. "And you?"

Comment

Working...
                                X