X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scooter's Mechanic Workshop - Scarlet Moon | Olympus

Scooter, after celebrating the landing, was... sleeping on his chair. Everyone else was carrying cargo out to start building a city, while the most important member of that plan was slacking off.

His rest had to be short-lived, however, as Andrew entered his garage-like shop.

"Awwwww man, who gon' break my sleep, huh?" Scooter growled, obviously pissed off. "I had a rough day today, and you should probably know..."

Scooter stayed static for a second, then he bolted up a pile of tires and started flailing his arms and legs about wildly.

"YOU GON PAY FER MESSIN' WITH MA SLEEPIN'!"

sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Andrew had walked into the Workshop of the Sanctuary's signature mechanic when he had accidentally woke up Scooter. Instead of being really phased or intimidated by the obviously loony Mechanic, Andrew just let out a disgruntled sigh at Scooter's reaction.

"Damn I knew I shouldn't have come here... too bad to. I was willing to pay up a little money for a quick routine maintenance on my Drone..." Andrew said in a rather uncaring, sarcastic tone as he turned away from Scooter. "But I guess someone else would be willing to... I mean... I don't want to bother a sleeping man..." Remarked Andrew in the same uncaring tone.
      Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-01-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

"Wait I- I mean-" Scooter stuttered. "Aw hell, tie me on top of a steam pipe and cover me with skag puke, fine, I'm open I guess."

Scooter hopped down from the stacked tires with relative ease. He definitely wasn't a cover model for some magazine, but his knowledge in engineering various machines was the most helpful during the journey, and will be onward. His little temporary shop was also worth mentioning, as they were littered with random junks that Scooter made in his pastime while he's not napping. Most of them were some sort of car components, but there were a fair share of other utility equipment. Strangely there were no gun parts in this shop.

"Waaaaaait, I know you. You're one of them newest batch o' Vault Hunters, right? Ahahahahahaha, how can I help ya?" Scooter observed Andrew closely and chuckled.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Andrew stopped as he turned back to look at Scooter. For a quick second a slight smirk came over his face as he took off the drone from his coat's back. Walking up to the stack of tires that Scooter uses as a makeshift table, Andrew had placed his folded up drone.

"Just here for some routine maintenance. Just need to make sure it is in top notch condition before heading out. It's been a while since this thing has actually been activated. Don't want to go outside, get attacked by the natives, and find out that something is wrong with my drone." Andrew replied as he held his arm out in front of him. Then with a push of a button on his watch the Drone unfolded from it's box shape and began hovering a foot over the stack of tires. "So where should we start?"

Comment

Outskirts of Landing Zone

Walking through the flora of their new home, Dane tried to discover everything her senses told her about the planet, the first thing that came to her mind was the humidity ("It will be from rain-forests to tropical forests, the mosquitoes will have a feast with us") she chuckled imagining a poor soul being chased by a cloud of bloodsucking insects.

The blonde ax user kept her instincts on edge since there was still no contact from the animals or any major living being since the moment they landed ("It can´t be a deserted planet, this place is perfect for sustaining life")
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Scooter's Mechanic Workshop | Scarlet Moon

"Well, let's take a lookie here." Scooter slightly bent over to closely examine the drone. "Hmm... I don't recognize this design. Is this thing handmade?"

"Scooter!"

Scooter yelped and looked up to find Lilith, with all her fiery goodness, storm into the workshop with irritated expression.

"What are you doing? I told you we needed to get all our building plans set up and ready to go for construction!" Lilith yelled. "Are you slacking off?"

"No- I'm not-" Scooter stuttered, thinking that he was caught red-handed. But then, he realized that Andrew was standing rather awkwardly in between and, oh right, he was actually working. "Lilith, meet one of our newest Vault Hun'er."

Lilith glanced at Andrew. "Oh, so you're one of our newest Vault Hunters? Awesome. You'll be of great use when we look for Eridium on this planet."

"See, Lilith, I was workin' on somethin' for the Vault Hun'er here-" Scooter proudly announced, which Lilith ignored.

"So, what's your name?" Lilith asked the new Vault Hunter looming over her.

Outskirts of LZ | Olympus

"How you doing?"

Mordecai asked Dane as he wobbled over to the outskirts with a bottle of liquor in hand.

"Anything worth reportin' about?"
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Returning from her scouting work, Diane wasn´t surprised to find the veteran sniper on the edge of the Landing zone, a beer on his hand ("It would be surprising if he didn´t drink for a day") she thought

Hearing Mordecai asking about her job "Honestly? there is no threats at all, no animals or creatures aside from the few insects, but there is nothing" she explained "It is like if something or someone pushed the natural living beings out"

"I took in mind that we are the invaders of their home, but even then some creatures would appear around by now"
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Maybe they fear us. Wild animals tend to hide when something intrudes in their territory. Unless they are hostile or they are territorial, they're most likely hiding, watching us." Mordecai hypothesized. "In which case, I am thankful. No more hostile skags, threshers, and varkids to worry about."

Mordecai took a sip and looked around the clearing. "I've never seen a more lush planet in my life. This reminds me of Hyperion's wildlife exploitation preserve all over again, with all the plants and wet ground and all the grass... that's where Bloodwing died, you know. It's making me uneasy to be in a place like this."
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

"That is what worries me, I couldn´t hear or smell anything" Diane commented. Then she heard Mordecai speaking about Wild Life Exploration "I remember that place, or what was left of it.." she couldn´t help but laugh

"I went to that place while the Vault Hunters searched for Jack in Hero´s Pass, just in case he decided to send back up from the lab beasts. Turns out there were more experiments in the lower levels" the viking actually shivered remembering the monstrosities that lied there. "Your friend can rest in piece as also those unfortunate souls in those haunted labs"

Spoiler:

Comment

"The thing is handmade. Girlfriend made it for me before she left to go work for... Hyperion..." Andrew replied quite bluntly. Compared to his uncaring attitude from before, he does not seem all too comfortable talking about his girlfriend. "It was designed to help make me a better shot by flying over an area, and marking any potential targets with a holograph-" Spoke Andrew as he stopped talking the moment Lilith walked in.

At first Andrew didn't pay much attention until Scooter and Lilith began talking. That was when he took a closer look at Lilith for the first time all other times he just got brief glances at her. For a brief moment Andrew simply examined her and... actually felt attracted to her almost. Much like from the stories he had heard about the Sirens, it seems that they are quite gorgeous. A slight blush did come over Andrew's face, but thanks to his gas mask and goggles it's almost impossible to notice. However the moment Scooter mentioned that he was one of the new Vault Hunters, Andrew's thoughts were broken.

"Wait what? I'm not a Vault Hunter! To be honest I could care less about some stinking vault. I'm just on this here ship because it beats living back at Sanctuary. After Hyperion was defeated everything got boring fast... But the name's Andrew..." He said as he turned back to Scooter. "Listen there is a problem with the holographic projector inside my drone. One of the wires must have short circuited or got faulty do to being unused wile on this ship. If you can fix that then you can expect some money in it for you. Now if the both of you won't excuse me, I'm going to go see Marcus. Going to need a new weapon for this planet. An old Hunting Rifle won't last me long here. I'll be back for my Drone once I'm done with Marcus and Zed. Got it?" Andrew said as he made sure his rifle was securely strapped to his back before leaving the garage. He is now heading to Marcus's gun shop.

Comment

"Things despicable men can do." Mordecai simply commented as he located a small boulder nearby and sat, leaning on it. "But sometimes you gotta wonder, are you better off than who you're fighting?"

He tilted his head to see a short mountain close to the LZ, beyond the narrower point of the rain forest. "I'm a sniper, you see. I chose to become a sniper because I hated seeing the man I kill. I didn't want to see the life drain out of their faces as a bullet goes through their head. If you think about it, it's wacky. Imagine if there's a world where barely any killing happens, where there's a proper government with wise leaders instead of anarchy spiced with totalitarian dictatorship by a megalomaniac. There, we'd be considered criminals punishable by death. Funny thought, isn't it?"

"Nice to meet you, Andrew." Lilith casually said hi.

"Holographic projector? Shiiiiiiit, man I don't know what to tell ya, but, shit, I may be an engineer, but I'm more of a car guy, you know. Something like this, you might actually find better luck from an engineer who deals with weapons. Maybe Torgue, but he's all the way in Pandora..." Scooter muttered, pacing back and forth. "Tell ya what, I'll see what I can do with it. If I open the drone up and see all the little circuitry I should be able to fix it."
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

"I´m sure there is a planet like that bird boy, but I think we wouldn´t fit there, it would be rather boring if you ask me" Dane replied taking the ax on her hand "We live for the joy of adventure, some prefer to go by the front while others make calculated moves, but we all have the desire for seeing new things" she spoke looking at her reflection made by the bladed weapon while checking her war lines.

"In the end, we must enjoy what we have, like your partner Talon, while Bloodwing stood in Pandora, Talon can become the best hunting bird in this planet, enjoy the hunt my friend, because this is a new territory" the blonde smiled

Spoiler:

Comment

"Guess it's nice to meet you Lilith." Said Andrew before he even managed to finish leaving the Workshop, and before he left the door he just gave a quick thumbs up to Scooter. "Just hope it's fixed before I get back." The Hunter spoke before stepping out of Scooter's Workshop. Then taking a quick look around he adjusted his coat, his Sniper which is holstered over his should, and finally adjusting his gas mask before beginning to make his way to Marcus's Gun Store...

Comment

Marcus Munitions

One of the few people who were not assigned fieldwork, Marcus was busy restocking weapons to sell to the Pandorians, humming an old song famous in the Dahl company. Or at least that was what he was doing, until Andrew showed up to his shop. Noticing a new customer, Marcus leaned over to his counter to greet him.

"Welcome to my humble shop!" Marcus blurted, making a wide grin that disfigured his mustache and his beard. "How can I help you?"

Outside of LZ | Olympus

A sense of renewal of hope surged in Mordecai's face as he rose from the boulder he was lying on. "Yeah... yeah I think it's about time I stopped grieving for him. I'm sure he's in a better place now."

Mordecai looked up at the large mountain again wearily, spotting a few flying creatures of unknown size in the blurry distance. A normal person would wonder what the blurry figure is, but a sniper like Mordecai found it easy to distinguish that it was some sort of a hawk. "Say, Vault Hunter, I got a job for you."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Outside of LZ | Olympus

Diana looked at the mountain as Mordecai did and spotted the birds, ("Finally some creature of this planet") she thought trying to get a distinction of the birds, the blonde knew that the sniper would manage to identify the animals due to his years of experience though.

Hearing about a new job perked her ear "Whatever you got pal, just name it" the blonde answered

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X