X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield of Aiur

Hank took off one of his fingerless gloves, slipping on the gauntlet. It felt quite lightweight, surprisingly. He focused his mind in a fairly swift manner, trying to will a blade out. From the gauntlet came a long blade, serrated on one side with a curved tip, similar to a combat knife. He turned it around, examining it.

"Good shape, quick stab if necessary." Hank said to himself. "Good stuff."

He turned to Talaras. "What else?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Excellent. I've never seen a human with such a sharp psionic mind." Talaras marveled at Hank's manifestation of his latent psi energy in the form of a psionic blade. The blade was red like his glasses and, compared to other psionic blades, pulsated at a much faster interval: which meant that it was sharper than other psionic blades; probably as deadly as a Warp blade. "Now we can put your blade to the test."

A proud-looking cadet Zealot stepped forth at Talaras' command. He had the prime build of a Protoss: agile yet deadly. His eye burned with determination and skill.

"Cadet Vion will aid you in this training match." Talaras introduced Hank to his first sparring partner.

"Honor to serve, human." Vion bowed. "May we put all our wit and might in this glorious spar."

Ostankino Tower | Moscow, Russia

"That must be our getaway." Stukov noted Yukari's transport gap. Strange.. Stukov thought to himself with a slight bit of doubt. That portal feels very ominous... almost like the ancient Xel'nagas.

No time to be dubious, though. Stukov noticed the Normandy diving towards the portal with multiple Zerg fliers tailgating it. He launched a Psionic storm that shredded some of the more fragile and fast Zerg flyers such ad Scourges and Mutalisks, then launched a tentacle from his sleeves that attached itself to the ship. Then, like a grappling hook, Stukov flew towards Normandy, landing safely inside the ship as it traveled through the gap with all four members on it, one way or another.

The gap closed immediately after the ship completely entered it, not allowing any Zerg fliers from invading. Suddenly losing sight of their prey, the Zerg squirmed, purposeless, before scattering away to find perhaps easier survivors to prey on.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

A sparring match, hm?" Hank said. He carefully put his other weapons onto the ground as not to limit his mobility. He held out the non-gauntlet wearing hand and tilted his fingers towards himself.

"Then you make the first move." Hank stated, his body prepared for anything to come.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Location unknown - Gensokyo

The Normandy passed through what Shepard thought similar to FTL traveling, but it was an ominous place with what looked like eyes focusing on her ship, then another opening appeared as the ship crossed it, letting her see another location that was clean of the Zerg virus. The commander then remembered she was going at high speed as a mountain was getting too close for her liking, she made the thrusters stop as fast as they could. Sakuyamon also noticed the oncoming mountain and used her energy to make a ying yang sphere, covering the entire ship as she pulled, the vessel almost touched the rocky surface when it finally stopped.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Youkai Mountain | Gensokyo

The Normandy was taken to what appeared to be a very, VERY tall mountain: the only mountain in Gensokyo, Youkai Mountain. The tip of the Normandy almost scratched the giant monolith's cliffside, stopping right before and avoiding what would've been a huge crash.

"Oops." Yukari chuckled as she appeared through another gap and entered the ship. "I may have miscalculated and sent you guys all the way here instead of right at my house. Sorry."

"Certainly not... (cough) a pleasant way to travel." Stukov commented weakly, his relative old age before turning into an Infested Terran taking toll on his physical ability to take strains like this.

"Normally it is, if you travel by foot into the gap-" Yukari retorted, but stopped when she saw Stukov's appearance. Immediately, she turned hostile not just towards Stukov, but to the rest of the crew inside the ship, evident by the hundred gaps appearing behind her, each gap armed with weapons ready to be thrown, flung, or fired. "Renamon, you better have a real good reason why you brought a Zerg into Gensokyo. Because if you don't answer within the next three seconds, all of you are dying right here, right now. ONE!"

Shield of Aiur

"For Aiur!" Vion emitted a battle cry and charged as he formed a set of blue plasma blades, one on each of his wrists. To an untrained eye, he would appear very reckless, but careful analysis would tell that he was covering his blind sides as well, with one of his plasma blades off to his right side for strike and the other blade covering his front and left side for a defensive maneuver.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Sensing that Yukari suddenly created more gaps, thus showing that she was getting serious, Sakuyamon didn´t care for breaking the pilot´s area window "Calm down Yukari, this is the guy I told you about who I told you about" She said with her staff ready to protect the crew "Nera fool-proofed him with her aura and we could simply end him in a second if anything were to happen, but trust me on this"

Nera had her paws up front as she walked towards the gap controller "I can show you how I know Alexei is on our side, just let me touch your hand "She said offering her paw "The Zerg monsters have this haywire yellow aura, but this man has a calm flame, like yours being a purple flame"

Shepard just sighed "If this is the woman who you told me about, I hope she is has a sane part, we don´t need a psychotic berserker in a war that needs calm minds and strategic procedures" she spoke leaning on a wall, although her eyes were studying Yukari "I suggest you to cool your jets before judging the cover rather than the covers" she warned
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Obtaining warranty from the three, Yukari sighed and dissipated the gaps. Out of all this, however, Stukov didn't even flinch, as if death did not scare him. Yukari glared at Stukov afterwards: "I'll be keeping a very close eye on you."

Stukov merely made a gentle smile as he bowed.

"Right, so, where will you guys go from here?" Yukari turned away from Stukov with disgust as she faced Renamon and Nera.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Going back to her normal form, Renamon spoke first "We wanted to see how were your people, Jane here" she gestured to the commander "Managed to stop the war to a similar threat in her universe, but in a galactic scale, while here it is just one planet, we basically got the same resources as in the case of hers" She started explaining "Right now we need to form a group that needs scouts, intelligence, heavy weapons, etcetera.. We have to get information from everywhere possible, hence Alexei here" the vixen gestured to the Zerg male "He is still in good terms with his group and if things go all right, he can get us vital information like weakpoints, key targets and back doors in fortresses"

The Digimon then sighed "Most of the planet is gone, but this virus has a chance to be cured, how? I don´t know yet, bu we can still save this planet from the Zerg infestation, so in short, we need to talk with these people of Gensokyo, Nitori and the kappa, Eirin for the medic area, Kaguya to see if we can get support from the Lunarians, Yuugi and the Oni with the help of Utsuho for her nuclear power, and the Scarlet Devil family to see what they got in terms of lore and magic"

Spoiler:

Comment

"Often times the Zerg will prefer to overwhelm a position with endless amount of units instead of making one big push. They like those 'wear-you-down-until-you-break' style of sieges. Which means, anyone with ability to continuously throw out area-of-effect attacks or ability to slow a large group down will be highly welcome." Stukov added, using his knowledge of the Zerg to good use in their case. "Individually they are weak, but the Swarm is stronger than the sum of their parts. That does not mean that they are unstoppable, however."

"I can tell you definitively that the people of Chireiden are eager to help, as well as the forces in Inventory. Courtesy of Koishi, of course." Yukari chimed in. "I was just about to head to Eientei myself; leave them for me to persuade. You guys try and work out if you can gather as many allies in the vicinity of Youkai Mountain as possible. Keep in mind that they might not be as cooperative as before because of that other invasion and all."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

"I know we can reel in some Oni with the right words, the challenge to another great battle and be the ones who not only stopped one, but two invasions will be great for them. Yuugi was ecstatic when we won, while there were casualties like in any war, the Oni kept pushing the negativity away with their never ending optimism" Nera pointed out "We can go to Eientei with you, since we got to talk with both you and John about something more private" she said in a more serious tone as she could see the gap controller´s aura having uncertainty.

Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

Hank took him in, looking at his every detail. He was larger, certainly, going at a fairly fast pace. Covering blind spots, blade on right. He took this in in about a few milliseconds, before he made his move. He moved forward, and was to seeminly meet him aorund the middle. But that was not the case. His lower half tensed, as he leapt clear over the Protoss a second before they would be point-blank. His trajectory was completely planned, landing directly behind where he was about to be. He rolled mid-flight as to have a good few of the Protoss's back when he landed, but could easily swivel around when he landed if needed.

His hand moved downward in a cutting motion after a few moments, the blade moving through air with precision and velocity.

Comment

Shield of Aiur

Vion was certainly surprised at Hank's agility as his opponent leaped over him right as Vion attempted a pierce, aiming for Vion's back. Certainly a clever move, had Vion slashed instead. Using the momentum forward, Vion rolled out of Hank's fierce attack, although the red plasma blade still nicked his shield a little bit.

Vion's attack didn't stop. After a front roll, Vion leapt forward to step on a wall, using it as a method of propelling him into the air with a quick somersault. The table was turned; now it was Vion who was looking at Hank's back.

"I think I'll rather stay behind in this ship." Stukov said with haste. The experience of being inside the gap world for even a moment disturbed someone of psionic sensitivity like Stukov greatly. "The particular method of travel is quite... disrupting to me."

"Suit yourself, kid." Yukari coldly responded as she opened a gap to Eientei. "Follow me, kids, we're going to Eientei."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

The beast duo followed the blonde already used to the crazy stuff of Gensokyo, Shepard just made some adjustments to her ship to be in total lock down just in case with her tracker active on her armor "This ship will follow me from a safe distance" she told them while entering the gap. Soon the ship would fly to the commanders new location.

Spoiler:

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

As John entered the room, he was greeted to a rather unusual sight, or at least an unusual sight to him. Usually when John saw Eirin, she was calm, composed, and tidy. Now, Eirin was slumped in a chair with nothing but lingerie on, drooling on herself as she slept. Not only that, the situation was simply made rather comedic by Reisen's reaction, peeking at Eirin even though she was attempting to cover her eyes. John simply stood there awkwardly, staring at both the shocked Reisen and the unconscious Eirin. After a few moments, John finally snapped out of his trance, and in an attempt to get Reisen to compose herself, and in an attempt to wake up Eirin, John raised his closed hand near his mouth and somewhat loudly cleared his throat.

Chevron | Santa Cruz, California

Isaac had his arms crossed towards the Zerglings in an attempt to brace himself for the imminent attack, but to his surprise they all turned on each other and started to fight amongst themselves. Not willing to pass this opportunity up, Isaac readied himself to fly, but suddenly stopped when he remembered that the sound of his thrusters would attract even more attention to him. Isaac's only option was to run, and that's exactly what he did. First, Isaac quickly raised his left arm at the group of Zerglings and fired his Stasis Module. After that, Isaac sprinted as fast as he could, hoping that he would be able to put enough distance between the Zerglings and himself to escape. Despite Isaac's age, it was quite evident that he was still capable of running like he did when he was younger. Isaac quickly sprinted down the street, taking a brief look over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't being chased.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Wrong move." Hank replied. He swiveled to the left in a flash to face the Protoss. His other hand was sparking with energy, releasing it with the momentum the swivel gave him, forming into a very potent impact if it hit. His other hand was not idle, however, moving in with lightning speed for a stab into the belly. Hank's body was quite tense, ready to move back at any moment. He was completely and utterly focused, calculations running through his head on correct angles and velocities. It was one of the reasons he loved melee combat.

Comment

Working...
                                X