Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((Reserving Post. For London with Raven and Chung. Don't know when I will finish the post, but I will try to finish it tomorrow.))
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 07-21-2015, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

"Uh... right.", John said to Reisen as he followed her inside, unaware of what was to come.

Basement - Abandoned Radio Station - Santa Cruz - California
      (BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFAuXTrLvv8)

Isaac sighed as he surveyed the damages to the generator. Although there no significant damage was done to the more important components of the generator, it seemed that someone was engaged in a firefight in the room and shot the generator's gas line and tank up. The gas had spilled all over the ground, meaning that even if Isaac had repaired the generator, he would still have to go back outside, go to the nearest gas station, fill a gas canister, and come back. It was definitely something Isaac did not want to do, especially since it was crawling with those monsters. The very thought sent a small shiver down his spine as he was reminded of the Necromorph outbreak, how much like the Necrmorphs, these creatures killed and assimilated other life and twisted them into abominations. They did not look as grotesque and visceral as the Necromorphs, but these things were arguably more dangerous in a fight.

After patching up the holes in the gas line and tank, as well as repairing any electronic components that were damaged in the firefight, Isaac stood up let out a faint sigh, and left the room.

Gas Station - Santa Cruz - California

It had been close to thirty minutes since Isaac had left the radio station in search of a gas station, and finally he stumbled across a working one. Unlike the others, this one was not either blown up or empty, meaning that all Isaac had to to was find a gas canister and fill it up. Wasting no time, Isaac quickly snuck into the station's convenience store and began his search for a canister.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"My job was to apprehend the thief, not kill him." The female warrior withdrew her plasma blade. "You're right though, if I wanted to slay the criminal, I would've gone for his throat."

The female Protoss turned to Hank and flinched back, surprised to find a... well it wasn't a human by outward appearance, but he spoke like a human and had humane aura. For now, she decided to play it like he was human. "Surprised to find a human here. You have the aura of a seasoned killer. May I get your name?"

Chevron | Santa Cruz, California

There were very little supplies remaining: only things like salted peanuts were left on the aisles while the beverage corner was completely empty.

A full canister of gas, holding approximately 5 gallon of gasoline, was held on a dead man's corpse, with an assault rifle holding an half-empty clip resting on the other hand. He had a puncture wound on his stomach, which could've been the cause of his death. Next to his corpse was a blood-stained picture of two cute girls, presumably his daughters. Their smile looked so bright in this bleak apocalypse...
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Hank J. Wimbleton. I'll assume it was the weapons which gave it away on the killer part." Hank replied, glancing at the Protoss up and down, looking for possible weaknesses. "Yours?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"That, too. I also found your stance interesting, as if you're ready for constant danger. I like your vigilence." The female Protoss shrugged in a matter-of-fact way. "The name is Talaras. I'm the captain of the guard here. Now I must ask, what's a human doing in the Shield of Aiur?"
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Sent out a call to try to find others down on Earth. Your friends showed up, picked me up as a calvacade of those things you call Zerg showed up." Hank explained. "Gave me a room to wash all the blood off, and now i'm here." Hank finished.

"I was somewhat intrigued by your weapons. Thought perhaps I could find somewhere to test them out or something similar." Hank stated. "You wouldn't happen to know of any such place, would you?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Chevron | Santa Cruz, California

Isaac quietly looked around the store for any canisters on the shelves, but to his dismay, all of the canisters had been cleared out. Just as Isaac was about to give up his search and look elsewhere, he saw a body in the corner of his eye. Laying just next to the door to the store's back room was a dead man, and on his person was exactly what Isaac was looking for. Even better, the canister seemed to be full, saving Isaac the need to fill it up, and in addition to that, the man had a gun. Sure, Isaac's weapons were more powerful than any 21st century assault rifle, but he would not pass up the opportunity to collect more resources that he could use later.

As Isaac bent down to pick up the gas canister though, he saw one more item on the man's person. Lying on the ground was a picture, and although it was covered in blood, Isaac could make out the appearance of two young girls, each one smiling brightly. Isaac froze as he stared down at the image, noticing how their smiles contrasted the situation Isaac was currently in, how the past was so much brighter than now. There was little doubt in Isaac's mind that this man probably lost someone, and much like Isaac, tried to survive as best he could. These thoughts only served to cause Isaac to reflect on his past and present, his own losses in life; his father, his mother, Nicole, Ellie,... Lujuria, Shadow, Ara, Rena...

Isaac quietly stared at the picture, then the man before continuing his task. Right after hastily grabbing and securing the canister of gas on his waist, and strapping the assault rifle around his torso, Isaac stopped near the front door and simply stood there, staring at the ground before letting out a slow, silent sigh. The truth was, he may not have known Rena, Ara, Lujuria, and Shadow for very long, but since coming to the real world, they were the closest friends he had. That is, before they were killed.

Isaac shook his head in an attempt to rid his mind of thoughts of his dead friends and turned around to look back at the corpse on the ground.

"You're not the only one...", Isaac said to the dead man before turning around and leaving, grabbing an unopened bag of peanuts from the ground before leaving.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"Intrigued, you say?" Talaras raised an eyebrow, if she had one. "Most humans either feared or despised our armaments... you really are not an ordinary human aren't you? I can take you to where the Templars train; there you can try your mettle with our arsenal.

Santa Cruz | California

The day was almost coming to an end in Santa Cruz, the sun setting towards the gentle rolling hills of California. However, one such as Isaac can't be enjoying the view when he witness several Zerglings surrounding him with deadly snarls.

Eientei | Gensokyo

Eientei was packed with chaos today. The earth bunnies were busy stomping the threat of failed chimera crabs with their wooden mallets usually used for making mochi, while chemical mixtures of various color simmered on the surface with any bunnies not tasked to purging the crabs cleaning them off.

"This is all princess Kaguya's doing." Reisen noted as she took John through the hallway until she stopped one of the cleaning bunnies. "Hey, where's Tewi?"

The bunny shrugged and ran off mischievously, leaving Reisen quite frustrated.

Reisen just sighed. These bunnies loved chaotic times like this, and would not listen to Tewi or Reisen. Only the princess and Master Eirin would be able to control them, but Eirin is stressed out as is, and princess... well she really went Lunatic mode today.

"Let's go ask Master where Tewi could be, then." Reisen commented as tired-sounding as possible as she trodded onward.
                  Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 07-22-2015, 01:09 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

Hank tilted his head a little in confusion before quickly straightening it. "I don't know what humans you've talked to, but i'm a man of practicality and efficiency. Lead the way, if you know it. I'd like to see if they can live up to my standards."

Comment

Eientei | Gensokyo

"O...kay.", John said to Reisen as he followed her to Eirin.

To be honest, John had almost no idea what was going on, but if he had to guess, they were running some kind of biological experiment and had an outbreak of these strange creatures. John wasn't afraid of these creatures, but he secretly hoped he wouldn't be attacked by them. Such a confrontation would be unpleasant for both him and the creature.

Santa Cruz | California

"Oh shit...", Isaac said to himself as he noticed the creatures surrounding him.

Upon seeing the creatures, Isaac simply froze, hoping that if he stayed really still, they would leave him alone and go about their business.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ostankino tower, Moscow - Russia

"It´s the D-reaper all over again" Sakuyamon commented to herself as she stood her ground on the tower´s top while blasting whatever came close to her. She was also counting each second that was passing since the moment Yukari told her when the gap would appear. As a zerg tried to get close from behind her, the shaman crushed its head with her staff.

Meanwhile, the Normandy was firing at whatever flying object around in the vecinity of the tower, for a rather big ship, it had great maneuverability as it could stop and rotate to certain degree with ease. Shepard was multitasking with the energy usage, piloting, weaponry and so on with the other tasks that a full crew would need to do to keep the vessel in green state. "I wish Joker was here, he was the best pilot in the galaxy" she grumbled when she noticed that the reactor was still at half capacity "Got to keep that on count too". Nera was following the commander´s orders, pressing buttons and checking the computers even though she knew next to nothing about this. That was until she heard of the energy request "Let me deal with that, can it have danger by overload?"

Jane briefly looked at the Lucario "It has never reached those levels, but it wouldn´t hurt to have more than hundred perc- damn!" she made a quick turn to evade an attack. Nera had to hold on the railing as the ship kept spinning for a moment, all the while trying to reach the reactor. When she got into the room, the Pokémon charged her aura and released as much as she could into the reactor, making it have the fiery blue flames that got absorbed. The Normandy´s lights flickered at the sudden energy surge and one of the thannix cannon blasts destroyed a squadron of the targets, and evaporated the building behind them. "That will help" Shepard smirked.
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Citadel of Adun | Shield of Aiur

Talaras nodded and took off to the streets, but not before ordering one of her subordinate officers to contact the hotel owner. Wouldn't want him to be greeted by a broken wall.

The way towards the Protoss arsenal was rather simple. Take a left turn at a billboard advertising a show called "Aiur Chef", walk two blocks down, and the destination is to the left.

Talaras took Hank to what looked like a training ground for Protoss warriors, with young cadets putting their hand-to-hand and weapons skill to the test against other cadets and simulated battles.

"This is Shield of Aiur's Citadel of Adun, a training ground for all Templars." Talaris announced. "Here, templars are free to train in whatever weapons they like, from psionic blades to particle disruptor cannons. If you'd like, I can give you a sample of what weapins each station harbors."

Eientei | Gensokyo

Eirin was sleeping.

No, no I'm not! I'm just getting a little shut-eye from my work!

Eirin was sleeping. Days of taking care of the princess' mad desire to create a perfect chimera took a huge toll on her energy as she sat there, eyes closed, mouth drooling. She had a red tie wrapped loosely around her neck, with her white doctor's coat hanging on the chair she was sleeping on. Her choice of underwear was delightfully risque: a lacy set of black lingerie.

"Miss Eiri-" Reisen opened the door to Eirin's office and was offered quite a sight. She blushed and covered her eyes, but for what reason, when she made gaps in her finger so that she can continue looking at Eirin's indecent exposure. "Eep!"

Santa Cruz, California

Unfortunate for Isaac, standing still is arguably the worst thing he can do, for the Zerglings were hungry for flesh.

However, the Zerglings' limited intelligence soon became the much-needed distraction. When first Zergling tried to pounce at Isaac, other Zerglings pounced at the Zergling to stop it from having a first bite. Soon they started brawling each other for what seemed like an absolute no reason.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Shield of Aiur

"That may be wise. Rather not accidently kill myself from improper handling." Hank replied, gazing around at the various stations. "Beside, gives me a general idea of what they can do."

Comment

Even with the four defenders' heroic efforts, the Zerg slowly advanced onto their position. However, unknown to the Zerg, the four defenders only had to wait for a few moments until...

"I'm hereeeee-"

A mysterious and, to some, an all-too-familiar portal appeared with Yukari peeping out of it, dressed in contemporary, intelligent fashion. Instead of wielding a parasol, she resorted to carrying a sketchbook; although her choice of accessory didn't really matter in terms of how strong her abilities are, anyway.

"Oh wow you guys are getting pummeled. Hop inside the gap, everyone!" Yukari hummed as she withdrew back into the gap.

Shield of Aiur

"Then we shall first take a look at the Psionic Blades." Talaras nodded, leading Hank to one of the larger stations where the Templars used plasma blades in combat against one another. While the blades looked very deadly, the Templars had personal shields that absorbed the hit, so the Templars themselves are not exposed to any danger at all. "For the longest time, only the Protoss were able to use Psionic Blades; for they are blades formed by your psychic powers. However, with the recent discovery of psi energy duplication, the Forge was able to create Psionic Blades and, by taking the theory to next level, Warp Blades that can be worn.

Talaras reached and grabbed a set of gauntlets adorned with the same metal that made up a lot of other Protoss machines and weaponry. It had a simple gem embedded at the center and, although the gem looked quite dull and lifeless, it was the manifestation of newest Protoss innovation of Psi energy duplication. For now, the gauntlet had nothing sharp on them.

"Now, try those gauntlets on. Afterwards, focus your mind into forming blades on your gauntlet. The amount and the characteristics of the energy that you can put into the gauntlet will decide how strong your blade will become." Talaras instructed.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Shepard didn´t need to be told twice when she saw the blonde appearing from the gap ("That must be Yukari") she then spoke through the communicator to warn her "Coming in hot" she moved the Normandy to enter the portal, Zerg tailing her. Sakuyamon was crushing one of the beasts´heads as she noticed the blonde and the ship going so fast, with precision, she jumped and used the flying Zerg creatures as platforms until reaching the Normandy and holding on what she could as the vessel entered.
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X