Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok revisions and additions to Aion and the kingdoms of Altea and Dolhr.

1) Aion didn't leave because of sorrow. He left because his Uncle ousted him from his claim to Altea's throne. He was to be killed since as long as he remained alive he would be a threat to his uncle's rule. He did feign death only to escape.

2) Altea's sigil is an ironwood tree rising up between two great waves.

Dolhr's is the burning castle.

3) Altea's motto is "Time shall break all."

Dohlr's is "Fire shall consume all."

4) The peninsula which the two kingdoms sit on is ill fit for any real farming and only truly capable for growing ironwood trees, unique to the region. Altean chronomancers help speed up growth of these trees so that they can create the one thing they are known for: their Ironwood Ships. Every sailor would want one of these ships, but Altea has sold none. Seldom are they lost. Altea remains the strongest kingdom when it comes to the sea and they hold a monopoly over seaborne trade bound for the west.

5) Because of their location and Dohlr's great wall and fortress city, Altea is effectively cut off from the rest of the continent by land. Many consider Altea the "Hermit Kingdom" despite the large numbers of Altean Traders and Mercenaries that roam the other kingdoms. However their numbers are distributed such that finding one is still uncommon, especially the further inland you go. The reason for its nickname is that Altea has yet to politically involve itself with other kingdoms' affairs.

6) Alteans think all other kingdoms, excluding Dohlr and anything to the west and far north, have grown soft because of the lands they live in.

Dolhrians are seclusive. They all live within the Fortress City, which has withstood against virtually all attackers. It only fell once, to Altean Chronomancers. In the known history of Dohlr, no one else has breached it's walls and survived. No one attacks Altea because not only does Altea have the honor of being the only kingdom to break the unbreakable Fortress city, but also because Dohlr can come to Altea's aid. Their sigil is both a symbol of the kingdom's might and a promise to any attacker.

Comment

A few small additions to chrono magic since me and s1 were talking about it and realized it could be abused if we left it as is.

From now on if a chronomage wants to freeze time they have to do it either to a select person or in a select area. doing so will take time to charge before it can be done. The larger the enemy or wider the range the longer it will take o charge. A person who has been frozen will have a short cool down placed on them that will prevent them from being frozen again. The cool down lasts for twice as long as the amount of time they were frozen. In other words if you freeze someone for 10 secodns you can't do it again for another 20 seconds.

Comment

@Kristia and Tewi

Sus has made reserves TWICE trying to make a post and you two keep posting. Slow down some geez.
        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

(This is something I have been working on my free time, which unfortunately took WAY longer than I expected, even though it isn't even three pages long.)

Throughout the lands and kingdoms of the world, there are different communities, each with their own culture and goals, unfortunately, there has always been something causing havoc, be it by political clash, or because certain individuals wanted to cause illness and death to those around them.

That is why, after the events of the fourth era, a group made of the Nine "main" species gathered to discuss about the things happening around them, this group of individuals knew that events like the ones in the different eras could occur again, so they decided to work together to try to stop them before even beginning, or at least prepare the people for the oncoming threats.

Thus this is how the Order of the Nine was created.

Of course, a group like this could be seen as a Cult and be a threat on itself to the kingdoms, that is why the nine individuals made said organization a secret, no one shall hear of this Order unless it was a life or death situation, and none of the members would be of an official high rank within his or her kingdom. And lastly, there could not be two of the same species in the group.

Each individual was chosen due to his or her abilities, be it by magical or combat skills, the arts of thievery or diplomacy, the understatement and comprehension of their world, and the list could keep going. But to enter into the Order, the former member would make his or her own trials to see if the next member could become the successor, while the other members would honor said trials.

Right now, this is the second generation of members within the Order for some of the individuals, due to the different lifespans of each race, some members would change at a higher rate than others, but to ensure that the aged members wouldn't lose their path, they would need to be tested in all areas, physical, emotional, mental, and so on, if one of these tests were to fail, the member would have 1 year to look for his or her successor, and if such year passess without success, other measures would be taken with the help of the other Eight.

As of now, the current members are:

Bartholomew, The Library: an aged human who has gathered the knowledge of so many tomes and scrolls that he could answer any riddle without thinking, understand the nature of the people just by seeing them for a second, and listener of long gone scholars who aid him in his path of knowledge.

Aranuk, The Mountain: a young Jin who is known by his people as a berserk, able to destroy any obstacle with his magic of the earth, but is also someone who protects the people with his strength and endurance, a seeker of battle with passion, but humble and respectful when needed.

Darla, The Mother: A yun that is attuned to the flora and fauna around her, feeling the emotions of both her allies and enemies, pure in the sense of never having shed a single droplet of blood, but also prepared to stop the violence with her proficient in the magic of the nature, it is said that she can touch the "roots" of the world to look for those she seeks.

Gulagaan, The Hammer: Pride would be his second name as Gulagaan is always trying to create the perfect blade, or the sturdiest shield, a mistake would make the Orc destroy such abomination and begin again. In his arts of smiting, he has an eye for the smallest details, taking advantage of them to keep going on his path of the perfect load-out.

Irileth, The Shadow: The Moon is her ally, as the shadows are the strongest on this period of the day, the elf is known for her actions of thievery, but is also someone who can find anything if it is a real job, many have tried to catch the trickster, but they would never see that she is below them, using her element as a shroud to be undetected in her goal of being the most known thief.

Abaddon, The Coin: a were-man who is both a scholar and a an assassin, curiously enough, the fighter side is the human who would slay his targets in such a perfect motion, that the target would never know that the wound made by the rapier ever touched his internal organs. Meanwhile his beast side is the one who uses alchemy as his way of moving forward, a mind that works so fast that only few could follow his line of thought. A gentleman with the fur of a beast, and an assasin with the smile of a charmer.

Maria, The Eclipse: An irony, a vampire, whose main weakness is the sun, has the power of the flame as her most important element, Maria's tactical mind and quick thinking have honed her pyromancy to the point of using it as part of her, not as a harmful element, but as an extension of herself, the fire burns in her eyes as she can fight with her ashen hands, or with the frigid coldness of her voice.

Leonhart, The Hourglass: Time is his blessing and curse, the dwarf who has seen things from the past and future, things he shouldn't have seen, but also made the explorer look outside of the box, understanding how things move and the way the fabric of time knots and unravels right in front of him.

Nera, the Wanderer: The road is always her home, some call her a nomad of life, while others think she is lost, in a sense, the yaju is in both situations, she has passed through the years, experiencing what life has thrown at her, but her path is always forward, never wavering as her will is as strong as a mountain. She is a messenger of her actions and acting when needed, but the road is still far for being over for the aged wanderer.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

You found the secret

Spoiler:

RACES OF LORE

Human
            Spoiler:

Appearance

Average age and life span

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Elf
            Spoiler:

Appearance

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Yun
            Spoiler:

Appearance

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Yaju
            Spoiler:

Appearance: The yaju are a humanoid race of human animal hybrids. A yaju can be any mammal or bird in existence. The yaju are shape sifters with the ability to change between animal and human form at will. A yaju can make themselves look exactly as the humans or as the animal they represent and anything in between. There are a few rare yaju that have been born as spiders but they are few and far in between. The average height of a yaju is the same as for humans with the males being taller on average than the females.

Average age and life span: A yaju is considered to be old around the time they reach 80,000 years of age and can typically live to be 100,000 before dying of old age.

History: In the first era, the yaju goddess told her people that the other races were violent creatures with no regard for life. While their lives were still seen as sacred, it was necessary to kill some of them in order to defend others. Many yaju hid among humans as spies or assassins, either as humans or as harmless animals or pets. This eventually bread fear and distrust inside of them. causing the humans to fight among themselves. During the first Era a legion of Phoenix yaju fought an army of dragon jin at the top of god's eye in the battle now known as the battle of the smoldering peaks.

During the second era, the yaju helped to build relations between the races. They quickly realized that each race had something unique to them the others could benefit from. Spider yaju for example could provide silk for a number of uses from clothing and armor, to medical supplies and so on. During the light dark war they defended their home against their attackers so well that the vampires and werewolves declared their territory as too dangerous to try and invade. Instead of trying to kill off one side or the other, the yaju tried their best to help innocent civilians who were caught in the crossfire.

Culture: The yaju were created with the idea of benevolence in mind. To them all life is sacred and worth protecting. When a yaju hunts they are to honor their prey by using every part of their body, weather it be for clothing, food or to build weapons. To do anything less is dishonorable.

Because of this it is not uncommon to see yaju wearing clothing made from the skin of animals, or using them for furniture. It's also common to see them wearin clothes made from silk or cotton in the summer when the weather is hot. It is forbidden for any yaju to hunt a pregnant animal. The yaju also have different hunting seasons in which different prey may be hunted. This is done to prevent a yaju hunter from killing one of their kin. Around fox hunting season, any fox yaju would be wise not to transform in the jungle.

However what is not typical is for a yaju to wear clothing at all. Indeed in the yaju capital known as Cherokee, the majority of yaju do not wear clothing. The yaju see the body to be natural and sex as something to be enjoyed, not shunned. The yaju commonly have sex with friends or family members as a recreational activity.

Among the yaju the most powerful race is that of the phoenix. A phoenix yaju may live and die many times while retaining their memories. These powerful yaju are the fastest fliers and are well known masters of pyromancy and combat. They live by an oath to only take life, in order to preserve it. Because of this, a phoenix yaju may only hunt for food, never for clothing.

The yaju live under a Chief whom is chosen by the eldest yaju in the tribe, as they are the wisest. The Chief is a highly respected member of the tribe that serves as it's leader until such a time as when they can no longer lead due to one reason or another. the Chief has less power than a king and is bound by the same laws as everyone else within the tribe. The Chiefs main job is to settle disputes between fellow tribe members, keep his or her people safe and deal with foreign affairs such as trading. The Chief and the tribe elders are honorably decorated with feathers which they can be seen wearing in their hair or on their sleeves. The more feathers one has the older and thus wiser they are.

A male yaju may betroth their daughter to be married to a male of the tribe if the male and his father agree to the arranged marriage. While this has fallen out of practice, the current yaju Chief has commonly arranged marriages for all of his past daughters. the act of arranging a marriage has become somewhat controversial after the death of the gods.

Breeding Habits: Yaju breeding habits typically follow whatever animal they are based off of with rabbit yaju breeding frequently and multiplying faster than most. Most yaju can only give birth to babies, however bird yaju may also lay eggs if their mate is a bird yaju or a jin. Bird yaju are also the only other race capable of breeding with a jin.

Should a Yaju mate with an animal, it will have an animal offspring with sentience. However they still hold the same biology of whatever animal they were bread with. When a yaju becomes impregnated they lose their ability to transform until the pregnancy is finished or terminated. This is one of the reasons why it is forbidden for any yaju to kill a pregnant animal

The yaju's reputation for being great at sex caused other races, mainly humans and elves to seek them out as partners. This resulted in a lot of the younger yaju taking on more humanoid appearances to attract a mate. Some of the older yaju made this change as well, but the majority of 1st era yaju kept their bestial appearance.

Place of Origin: Cherokee. Located in the jungle is a home built among the tall trees that grow there. Many avian yaju live high above the ground in tree houses while the flightless tend to live lower down on the ground and in the low trunks of the trees. A river runs through the city supplying the crops with water and the area with plenty of greenery.

Abilities: As before stated a yaju can shape shift between it's human and bestial forms with great ease, this gives them a wide range of abilities such as wolf yaju being able to sniff out out prey, spider yaju being able to spin webs and climb walls and bird yaju being able to fly. Yaju can also speak to animals and understand them. If a yaju finds a comparable feral animal, a yaju can breed with the beast to produce a Basu. Lastly Phoenix yaju have many unique abilities. They can absorb energy from heat, many of their body parts can be used for various constructs in alchemy and they will always be reborn from their ashes one day after their death. There is an exception to this however, if a phoenix's soul were to be captured, it would not be able to rebirth from it's ashes. After death and rebirth the phoenix will retain their memories, but have to grow their body anew from an infant.

Weaknesses: While the yaju are one of the more prosperous races in all of Lore, their military presence is quite small. The yaju tend to favor quality over quantity. They don't have and sometimes don't understand new technology created by the other races. Their prosperity has made them lazy when it comes to inventing new things. A female yaju can not transform while pregnant. A yaju's clothes and armor do not come with them when transforming, meaning they while they could turn into a bird to flee combat, their expensive armor and weapons would be left behind for the enemy to steal.

Jin
            Spoiler:

Appearance

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Dwarf
            Spoiler:

Appearance

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Orc
            Spoiler:

Appearance

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Werewolf
            Spoiler:

Appearance

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Vampire
            Spoiler:

Appearance

History

Culture

Place of Origin

Abilities

Weaknesses

Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 06-06-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I need to get back the future apps and arc i had prepared. Theyre on a different laptop and i just got a friend's old one
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@S121

You put "Jason" a couple of times at the beginning of the post.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Comment

@Zekai

Sorry. Tend to use the same dialogue color for both characters. ^^;
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Its ok. I was only letting you know.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X