X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pine Grove | Chronomancer's Tower

Zena was hard at work, healing the wounded half jin when the merchant woman from before dropped into their little hiding spot from what she could only assume was the chronomancer's doing. She intended to answer the girl's questions. but what Zero said caught her off guard. Her cheeks turned a light red and she was forced to avert her eyes but she never stopped healing him.("Focus Zena, there's no time to be distracted") She thought to herself as she fixed the boy's wounds. She tried to ignore the fact that both of them probably heard what zero said and realized how it made her flustered and instead just answered the girl's questions as best she could. "I'm not sure who she is. But if we try fighting her head on we'll surely be killed. If we can keep her on her toes until she makes a mistake tht'll give one of us an opening to strike. We might only get one shot at this so we have to make it count."

Meanwhile in the midst of all the madness a strange and large man with a massive shield appeared. Seki who was already fending of the telephoning swordsmen would not have been able to protect herself against the monkey boy's attack. However at the last second this kind hearted fellow stepped in to protect her. Seki didn't know for sure how much damage the blocked projectile would have delt to her, but the force seemed like it would have at least been enough to cause some head trauma or even knock her out cold. ("I'm in no condition to fight all of them. Perhaps if i had come at another time") she thought to herself as she analyzed the situation. "Th-thank you mister..." She said in a meek and whimpering voice. If she could fool this man into fighting for her it would give her an opening to go back inside the tower and search for the book. She got up and did as instructed, leaving to take cover within what was left of the tower. Braum wouldn't see this however as Seki was turning to leave her false look of worry turned into a sly grin that was directed at Saru. It only appeared for a moment however as her head turned and she hopped down into the lower level of the tower to continue her hunt for the book.

Comment

Pine Grove - Chronomacer's Tower

"I don't know. What we had planned before won't work now." Zero said as he tries to stand but falls back down, still panting. "I did have an idea to take down the dragon that uses both my wind and Zena's light but in this condition, I don't think we can pull it off." He said to them, still hurting. Just then, he remembered something from when he visited his father's family. "Of course, there's still that!" He said quickly sitting up and then holding his sides.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

The yaju managed to avoid detection, she hoped it was because of her skills, but it also could have been the fact that there was hell breaking loose outside the ruins of the tower. (I wish I could help, but there are priorities) she thought while climbing until she reached the highest point to see the fortress (Only one shot before anyone notices). Nera took a deep breath and used all her energy to throw the ice hook, hoping that it would reach an unguarded part of the bone dragon´s fortress.

Luckily for the black and white vixen, the hook managed to get stuck with a part of the wall, tugging at the rope to be sure, Nera started climbing towards the fortress.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Automaton Workshop | Chronomancer's Tower - Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 4:11 PM

And with that, Lavender sat motionlessly on the chair, relaxing her legs from the long voyage. She didn't really mind having the mechanical giant under repair observe her as she swung her body slightly from side to side, humming a tune that her old Master Jeremy used to sing to her when she was just a wee tyke.

"Hmm~ hm hm~ hmm~" Lavender sang, humming the tune. Her voice was, if voices had textures, a hollow, empty orb or glass: clear, but without context. It was to be expected from a girl who was created out of a test tube, but whoever's with Lavender wouldn't know that.

River | Near Tenma's Court

"Like, as in, as a person." Kazeane clarified, a small blush forming on her face. "You don't have to answer me, though. It- it's just a simple curiosity after all..."

Of course, Kazeane would say that, but she was actually highly curious about how Takeshi would feel about her... as the chieftain's daughter and... as a woman. Pausing her swimming session, she floated in the river waiting for Takeshi's response.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

As the young girl had ran off to seek shelter, Braum smiled warmly as he had thought he did something truly good. However when he turned to Saru his face changed as he lifted his shield to his side. Braum's face was a face that showed no fear in the current situation. It was a calm, stoic face that showed a strong will to protect others, but it also had a hint of curiosity... When he shot a stare at Saru, the young Apex got ready for a fight.

"What are you staring at Bald Old Man!?" Saru yelled in response as Braum replied.

"I... do not know... Braum has not seen such a monkey show such energy and desire to harm another... You must still be young child. Braum will be sure to teach you some discipline!" Braum spoke as his comment of calling a Saru a monkey once again made Saru snap as he quickly charged at Braum, performing a few quick heavy punches to Braum's well toned gut. Oddly though to Saru's surprise, Braum did not move that much, just a bit of flinching as the Gentle Giant looked down with a rather goofy smile. This confused Saru even more.

"Big mistake young monkey!" Braum spoke as he reached to grab Saru, of which the young Apex tried to escape. Unfortunately though Braum had grabbed Sarutobi's tail, mostly due to Saru's own anger towards Braum causing him to panic and act out rather... unexpectedly. Of which caused Saru to let out a quick yelp of pain and surprise as Braum pulled Saru towards him before the man begin to spin around 360, as rested his shield on the ground next to him. As Braum spun a highly surprised Saru around by the tail, the young Apex began to feel sick as he was spun around helplessly. It was clear that Saru's tail was one of his many weaknesses. Eventually after spinning around 3 times, Braum let go of Saru who went flying right over Zero and Zena's head, of whom the two were still making their plans behind a chunk of fallen lumber. As Saru flew through the air he just let out a loud panicked howl as Braum dusted his hands before picking up his stone shield again.

"That, takes care of that!" Braum spoke with a confident smile as he looked around for the young girl. "Wait... where did little lady run off to?" He asked no one in particular, beginning to wonder if the 'defenseless young girl' had gotten to safety or not.

Comment

(screw it i'm not waiting any longer)

As Zena was healing her half dragon friend, the three of them were discussing a strategy to get past the necromancer female. However when Saru went flying over her head, she realised that she needed to step in. Zero's wounds were mostly healed but he would still be a little banged up. Zena could have restored him completely but doing so would have trained her too much for her to be able to fight. Looking at the battleground she assessed the situation. The necromancer had left and in her place was a rather large man with an intimidating shield. ("must be one of her familiars") she thought to herself before returning her attention to Zero.

"Whatever your plan might be, we'll have to get passed her body gaurd first. I have an idea but we need to act swiftly. I'll distract him and i want you to sly overhead and strike him from behind. A good enough hit to the back of the head should knock him out without killing him. We want this one alive. He might know the necromancer's weakness." she explained as she readied herself for the attack. "I'm counting on you."

Without antoehr word the elf girl leaped from her hiding spot with sword in hand. She charged directly at the large man with the shield, holding her sword at the ready. She trusted the boy to do what was needed but she was ready to strike on her own just in case. Despite the man's superior size and strength Zena showed no fear when approaching him and no signs of hesitation.

Comment

(This is happening before the fight. Azeruk is moving fast through time.)
                Automaton Workshop | Chronomancer's Tower - Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 4:11 PM

Right as Lavender began to hum, Azeruk burst into the room at incredible speeds, then suddenly stopped right in front of Lavender.

"Lavender, we need to go now. We don't have much time before that girl gets back.", Azeruk said to the girl before looking over to the mechanical humanoid behind him.

"Defend the tower until we get back. Don't let anyone in."

River | Near Tenma's Court

To be honest, Takeshi did not really know how to approach Kazeane's question. There were so many things he could say. He had spend over 100 years with her, and in that time, he felt close to her. How close? Takeshi did not entirely know himself, but he knew that he had to be careful with what he said to her. In truth, he did actually feel something for her, but he had no idea what the ramifications for telling her this would have.

"As a person? Well, I will say this. If you were born into another role than that of the Tenma's daughter, you probably would have been an explorer or adventurer. You have the mindset for it, and are definitely not afraid to try new things. I would say that I've enjoyed the time we've spent together.", Takeshi said to Kazeane.
                Last edited by S121; 10-21-2015, 09:33 PM.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

After Braum had tossed Saru over Zena and Zero's head. He had picked up his shield and stood proudly. It was clear that he felt proud for having taken care of someone he thought to be quite bad. Braum was ready to turn around to look at the tower, but he was stopped as he noticed Zena charging right at him. Seeing this Braum quickly got into a defensive stance as he held his shield in front of him.

"Why does young elf-girl wish to attack Braum and other little girl?" Braum asked as he was ready to block her straight forward attack.

Meanwhile Saru had finally landed a few meters away from Zena's previous location. He laid on the ground feeling rather defeated already, and his tail looked limp... As it had been painfull dislocated when Braum through him by the tail.

Comment

Seeing that Braum's attention was focused on her, Zena knew knew this would give Zero the opening he needed. Howevr in the mean time she had to protect herself and she knew just how to do it. The girl stopped just short of being within the large man's reach and swung her sword almost directly at his sheild. Her blade was strong and firm thanks to Molack's training so it wouldn't break nearly as easily as Saru's wooden staff. however there was also very little chance that this attack would damage his sheild at all, but that was never her intention.

By swinging at his sheild and not directly at him Zena made sure she would be out of his range while alos making sure she woodlot' accidentally kill him in the process. The man would have to leave his sheild up where she had attacked, otherwise he would have been cut. It was only after the two fighters were locked in deadlock that she would answer his qestion to stall for a bit more time. "I am an advocate of Sanctuary and it is my duty to bring dangerous criminals like her to justice. I don't' want to hurt you but if continue to interfere I'll have no choice" Zena truely did not wish to harm the shield baring giant as made evident in her plan to simply knock him out without killing him, thus she was able to say so. However her words also seemed to imply that she would kill him if it came to that.

Comment

When Zena's blade struck his shield, Braum didn't even really flinch due to his strength and the weight of his shield. When she began speaking he raised his eyebrow as he looked at her with... curiosity. What she said... she couldn't be a bad person. She just couldn't be. As such Braum spoke while continuing to block any of her attacks with his shield.

Dangerous criminal...? You mean little girl? How could little tiny girl be criminal?" Braum responded with genuine truth behind his words. It was clear that what Zena said had left him... confused as to what to think right now. He's heard people say that Elves cannot tell a lie... but... could such a young, dainty looking girl be a criminal? Braum was genuinely confused but he continued to block Zena's straightforward attacks.

Comment

Pine Grove

Aion was watching the events unfold from a hiding place behind a tree. When confusion came into the giant of a man's voice, Aion suspected that he was not in league with the Necromancer. He then turned his attention to where the girl had ran off to after noting that Achlys was staying put. She can handle herself. Besides she can possess the skeletons if need be. With a gentle flick of his sword, he disappeared into another fissure. The alternate world he entered was a far more desolate version of the area he was just in where the tower was reduced to ground level. He looked at this version's foundation and saw a place that seemed to be a hallway. Carefully he slipped back into the world inside the tower. He could hear faint footsteps of what he assumed to be the necromancer and pursued quietly.

A feeling of familiarity nagged at the back of his mind. It was as if he had been to this tower before. The memory surfaced like a long forgotten dream, yet seemed oddly foreign to him. There was a warmth to it, the same he felt when working at the forge with his father. Could it be...? A shake of his head dismissed the notion that he was being guided by his father's spirit. He had to focus on finding that Necromancer. If I find her, that will help with our dragon problem and possibly answer what is going on.

He was ready to slip into a fissure to hide should he find either the girl or anything else in the tower.

Comment

Pine Grove - Chronomacer's Tower

Zena was right, they needed to get past that big guy first and Zena went and distracted him when she said who she was and that gave Zero his opening. Using his wind, he made his footsteps silent and swift, like an assassin attack. Crimson wind appeared in front of Braum's body and next thing Braum felt was steel on his throat and a claw on his lower back. "That little girl is a necromancer that used that bone dragon laying in front of you to attack Sanctuary and nearly killed me in one blow." Zero said with a glare filled with bloodthirst as he used Zena's talk to close in to trap Braum. "I also suggest not moving, one move and I will not hesitate." He said with some growling sounds in it and winked with his recovered left eye to Zena, showing to trust him that he won't kill him.
                          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Pine Grove - Bone dragon Fortress

With a strong grip, the fox yaju climbed the rope to the fortress, she was moving as fast as she could since her body could be seen easily by now, but for the looks of it, everyone was busy on the ground (First, get inside, then send a message) thought the black and white vixen while reaching the wall, now came the easy part for her. Using the throwing knives, Nera climbed the wall and was glad that the battle going on the ground was still making strong sounds muffling her own. There were some sentinels, but nothing that she couldn`t deal with.

Touching the edge of the wall, Nera peeked for a moment and ducked just as one of the bone guards passed, she got up and snapped its spine, rendering the undead being just a heap of bones. (Don`t know how many are here, but I have to inform the others), she used her senses to find the easier to spot, which was Zena because of the light mafic radiating from her body. Ripping a piece of her cloak, the yaju tied it to one of the throwing knives, she took a minute to aim and threw it, hoping that it would land near the elf and that she could know that the fox was on the fortress.
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Pine Grove | Bone dragon Fortress

When the fox yaju entered the fortress she would find it was decorated mostly in black red and purple. The floors were particularly interesting as it seemed each and every part of the floor made up some sort of ritual. The walls there carved from what looked like bones with the only lighting being either light from a window, which was rare or a human sized skull with a purple flame hovering in it's mouth. The inside of the fortress was very dark but it was still somewhat possible to see inside. Every 20 yards or so there was a large skull shape that would appear on the ceiling, these skull all had white pupils in their dark eye sockets that glowed in the dark. They seemed to move around as if searching for something.

The air inside the fortress felt cold and just to the north could be heared the sound of running liquid. The sound appeared to be coming from behind two double bone doors were carved to look like two snakes were in combat, each trying to swallow the other but it didnt' appear to be locked. It would probably take a second or two to open the door however.

Comment

Pine Grove | Bone dragon Fortress

Nera scanned the room and was making a mental pattern on what she could think were spotters (No guards, but those skulls surely work as a sort of an alarm system), she started walking with her senses prepared for the smallest movement or sound, evading the light coming from the skulls on the ceiling. The yaju was actually trying to understand the pattern on the floor, there were symbols that resembled rituals (probably sygil traps) and evaded them too, it got to the point that the fox had to walk on the tip of her toes or jump from time to time to reach the locked doors.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X