X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary Castle l Throne Room

It took Eatos a moment after the black and white fox introduced herself before she was really able to remember who the fox yaju was. It wasn't until she spoke that her memory of the woman returned to her. "Ah yes, It's been so long Nera. I almost didn't recognize you." Eatos explained as Six took the important documents.

Six quickly looked the map over as well as reading the fox's notes about recent happenings around the city. "Exultant work. You have my thanks" said the mortal to the fox as Six closed the map again making itt easier to carry with him. "Here, consider this a thank you for testing the competence of my men. Though i assure you next time you visit you'll be caught." Six handed the girl a small pouch willed with ten gold coins as payment for her serves in not only crafting the map but for being able to sneak past his men unnoticed.

Meanwhile in the back of the room, the female guard looked at the dragon boy with bit of a puzzled look. It made sense that the boy would have cold feet when approaching a member of the royal family for the first time but Eatos was anything but threatening. Or maybe he was afraid of Six? It would have made a lot more sense to the guard but even then it should have been obvious that the head guard wouldn't strike anyone down unless they gave him a good reason too. "You waiting for an invitation or something?" said the female guard in order to grab Zero's attention. "Therese no reason to feel nervous." she assured him.

Sanctuary Central l The Hero Festival

Zena returned the staff to the apex and smiled at him. It was clear he was enjoying himself as much as the crowed was. The young apex was eager and excited for more fun, but how many other attractions in the city could possibly be this exciting? "You fight very bravely. I couldn't have won that fight, not without my magic. There are a few other places in the city like this one, but before we go maybe you should se the fortune teller we passed not that long ago. Maybe she can help you remember why you came here." She said trying to be helpful to her new friend. He was quite wild and clearly not what one would call a gentlemen, but he wasn't a bad person and seemed to be a reasonable enough person.

Comment

Vicinity of Chronomancer's Tower | Outskirts of Pine Grove | Time: 3:44 PM

Azeruk felt a small pang of guilt as the girl stared down at the ground. It seemed the girl really missed her master, but Azeruk couldn't really do much else for her. Right when Azeruk was about to speak though, a voice echoed within his head, as if it emanated from his own thoughts.

'Help... her....... Take her to the tower...'

Upon hearing the voice, Azeruk quickly looked down to his chest where his necklace was, though it was covered by his armor and clothing. Although he was surprised to hear the voice, he knew that it was simply his mentor's instructing him once again. After the voice had retreated to the recesses of his mind and disappeared, Azeruk sat up looked over to the girl.

"Hey. If you want, I could help you find your master.", Azeruk said to the girl.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

The yaju wasm't surprised that the queen took her time to recognize here "It has been quite some time, but it is understandable with you being busy with politics" she commented while taking the money bag from Six. She counted each coin and even flipped one "You can never be sure with this ind of work, cortuption can be anywhere" she said putting the bag in her satchel. It wasn't that she did not trust the queen, but the vixen had enoigh experience that it became a habit.

Hearing the guard about tightening the patrols made the yaju look at him "Don't put too much pressure on them officer, some of these people are still learning, but you could add some glyphs of light for a tresspasser to trigger it." she advised and then had a playful smirk "I have been doing this kind of work for a while, you may have quite the power, but the will of a child can be stronger than the most powerful emperor" Nera spoke and noticed a half breed with another guard "Looks like you people got another another delivery boy, cya then Eatos" and with that, she left with a wave by going to the main corridor.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sanctuary Castle - Throne Room

"They're talking, it will be rude to interrupt them." Zero said to the guard. The guard then told him that he doesnt need to be nervous. "It's not just that, it's just something I've done during my life is all." Zero said and then the fox Yaju noticed them and left the room.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

"Huh?" The purple-haired girl looked up when Azeruk offered her a helping hand in finding her master. If he's going to give her assistance in finding her master, then he must be a good guy, right? Without a hint of doubt or caution, the purple-haired girl beamed and nodded furiously.

"Yes! I want to find master. Master was really kind to me, just like you! Maybe you can act as one until we find Master!" The girl smiled innocently as she once again embraced Azeruk, but this time with a lot softer impact. She was almost as tall as Azeruk, only about an inch shorter, as she mingled with him, not fazed by the cold metal.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Even though Zena said that there were other places they could go in the city for more excitement and combat, Saru still frowned slight when he heard Zena say that they should head somewhere else first. The place was a fortune teller apparently, and that she would be able to help Saru remember why he came all the way to the city of Sanctuary in the first place. It was as clear as day that Saru had no interest in going to a fortune teller at all.

The monkey boy crossed his arms and looked away from Zena.
              "Fortune Teller? That does not sound all too entertaining..."

Comment

As the fox yaju left, she brought the attention of Eatos and Six to the mix breed holding a sheathed blade. Eatos bid the elder fox a farewell while Six cleared his throat to get the boy's attention before he motioned for the next visitor to come forward.

The elf paladin hid her displeasure with a smile. She may not have been able to lie with words but she could still fool people with her facial expressions. Dealing with Saru was like taking care of a child. But then again that might have made it easier on the elf. She remembered how Saru's excitement grew when the announced the prize of the rubies he now possessed. Perhaps she could use that to her advantage. While unable to lie the elf girl could still be quite persuasive. "Oh? That's too bad. fortune tellers are a good way to learn about the future too. They can tell you which paths to take to lead you to love glory or riches. But if you want i guess i can just take you to the next area."
                Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 08-11-2015, 03:45 AM.

Comment

The throat clearing caught Zero's attention and walked forward to a certain point and then took a knee to show respect. "Queen, my name is Zero, I'm here on delivery for Molack to give this sword to an advocate named Six. Along with a note for the court mage as well. Molack asked me to bring the court mage with me back to his forge." Zero said politely as he takes the sword off his back and the note out as proof and stretches his arms out to present them, all while keeping his head down.
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

As Zena explained how going to a fortune teller could actually lead him down a path of good fortune and glory. That definitely intrigued him quite a bit, and so with a disgruntled sigh Saru replied.

"Very well. Though if I do not end up on the path of riches and glory like you promise, then I will be of the angered emotion towards you." Saru spoke as he turned to face Zena, his face so close to hers now that it was almost a little awkward. His glare was almost piercing, but not entirely hostile at all. More or like he was just trying to send one hell of a message to Zena with his stare.

Comment

After delivering her package to the queen and leaving the castle grounds, Nera decided to see how things were going in the festival, again playing with her flute, the yaju skirted her way through the group of people who were enjoying the festivities. She spotted the classic games that would easily be rigged for the owner, so she didnīt go there, instead, she headed to her second and possibly last errand of the day, the blacksmith.

The fox needed to check her blade, but needed the actual work space in the case of needing to mend the weathered weapon.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Zena masked her discouragement and slight distress with her friendly smile. She seemed so calm and sure of herself on the outside, on the inside however was a different story. She was starting to wonder what she had gotten herself into with this monkey boy. She was only trying to help him, but if she couldn't keep up with his selfish demands, he might even attack her. Zena while confident in her skills knew she wasn't any match for the apex in terms of speed and agility. Although maybe she was wrong. The monkey boy didn't seem hostel towards her. It was more accurate that he was suspicious or unsure of her motives. Although it was impossible for her to lie, and being dishonest went against her nature, the truth was Zena didn't' know if the fortune teller could give an accurate prediction of the future that might assist in furthering the monkey's greed.

However luckily for Zena, the festival was a gathering for both the living AND th dead. meaning there were no shortage of kind and helpful spirits that could help the elf girl find her way to a potential gold mine. Zena had little interest in such riches herself, but for now it was important to her that she help the young apex. Zena gave the apex her last gold coin and pointed him in the direction of the fortune teller woman that was near by. "Here take this to her and she'll tell you everything you need to know. I uhh, i'll catch up in just a sec." Being unable to lie, Zena simply hoped the apex wouldn't' question why Zena was staying behind at first. It wasn't' like Zena had anything to gain from giving the apex her money and leaving. Hopefully he wouldn't think anything of it.

Six approached the dragon boy, impressed by his manners. Eatos had always demanded this level of respect from her subjects but she was always much more casual with civilian, especially outsiders. Regardless, the respect he showed didn't go unappreciated by the queen or the head guard. "Ah yes, i'd recognize Molack's craftsmanship anywhere. I was expecting him to send his daughter, but i suppose it doesn't matter who he sent so long as it got here safely." Six said to Zero as he reached into his pouch once again. Had it been Zena there would be no need to reward her as the task wold follow her usual duties to both Sanctuary and her father. Zero however had done this without being forced by duty. Six pulled two daggers from his pouch, both of which seemed to be of iron quality. The magic on them on the other hand was clearly strong and related to wind. An aeromancer like Zero would have no problem sensing the power within the twin daggers.

"These blades once belonged to my uncle. He used thee blade as though they were wings, allowing him to glide and soar through the air like the yaju. They aren't much for attacking, but a wind mage like yourself could make much better use of these blades than I." Six explained this as he exchanged the weapons with the dragon boy. He could have simply paid the boy in gold, but it seemed he would have gotten more use from these daggers which were virtually useless to Six. Not a bad trade off when you think about it.

Sanctuary l Molack's Forge

As the people carried about their lives enjoying the festival. The sound of pounding steel could be heard from within the skilled orc's forge. He was already hard at work, fixing the dragon boy's blade with a smile on his face.

Comment

Zero was surprised when the guard mentioned about the daggers and about Zero's magic. "How do you know about my magic? I never mentioned I was an aeromacer? Also, a reward is unnecessary. Just knowing that I helped deliver something this important and being able to be in the presence of the queen herself is reward enough." Zero asked and said, after receiving the daggers from Six, respectively while placing the daggers on the ground in front of him.

Comment

Sanctuary l Molack's Forge

Following the hammering sound, Nera focused her path until reaching the blacksmith, she wasnīt surprised to find an orc doing the job, she knew they were magnificent in the metallurgy of weapons with their traditional arts. Looking around, the yaju made a compliment "I see there are still good works in the weapon arts, perhaps you could help me by seeing this one" she spoke unsheathing her layered steel long sword.

The blade was weathered and had scratches on different places, while it looked really old, the longsword had been taken with great care "I came her to request you to let me borrow your station so I donīt waste your time, but a look from a master on this kind of work"

Spoiler:

Comment

Azeruk was still rather confused about who and what exactly this strange girl was, but at least she was not a threat. When he rose to a stand, the strange girl embraced him again, only this time much less abruptly than before. He couldn't help but weakly smile at her rather innocent and happy demeanor as she hugged him, and after a moment, he decided to speak.

"Ok, we'll find your master, but first we need to go back to my home. I have a few maps there, some food, and supplies. I can then figure out what to do next from there.", Azeruk said to the woman.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Outskirts of the Lesser Spine

"Have at ye, beast!" the call of a dwarf was almost always loud, and almost always either about alcohol, or a battlecry. This fell under the latter.

The dwarf himself was clad in bulky thick mithril armor, as he held up a shield to block a swipe from his foe, a large troll, who roared, teeth bared and spittle flying.

Swipe after primal swipe came from the troll, and the dwarf known as Bruenor blocked them with ease, not even slightly denting his large decorated shield. ONce the moment came, he retaliated with unadulterated force, slash after slash into troll flesh coming from his many-notched axe. The troll tried to back on but Bruenor kept pressing, slashing right through one of it's arms and then a final one into it's head. It fell with a whimper and a thump.

Bruenor knew this wasn't the end, however. That was but a tyke, only as big as he was.

A deafening roar resounded throughout the craggy rocks surrounding the Spine. The mother had awoken. Pounding feet clambered up crag after crag until it came into view, a massive troll, almost fifteen feet tall compared to Bruenor's four. He gritted his teeth. He knew this was the troll which had been terrorizing the countryside, taking villagers, stealing livestock by the dozen.

Bruenor readied himself as the troll dropped down to his level, charging at him with unbridled ferocity. He held his shield high as the first swing connected, pushing Bruenor back, though he held fast. Another swing came and instead of defending, he rolled under it, using his size to an advantage as he beagn cutting into it's legs.

It roared in response, trying to stomp out the small warrior, but he was already around the other side, channeling his inner magical reserves. He could feel the earth shake and respond to the stomps, as he unleashed his own, enforced with the power of the earth itself. It cracked and split, a great fissure appearing under the troll's feet, magma spewing up and melting through the troll's tough hide. It roared once more, though this time lace with pain. Bruenor took a running leap, a pillar of rock sending him up as the troll tried to get out of the fissure. His weapon was strengthened even further than the mithril it was made of as he held it high, swinging downward into it's skull, cleaving through with a crack and the pop of eploding flesh.

The beast stood upward for a few moments, unaware it's brain had exploded until, reality catching up with it, fell with a final earth-shaking slam, Bruenor standing proud atop the beast, red beard a shade lighter than it was before as he pried the axe out, wiping off the blood.

"Impressive." came a voice from above. Bruenor swiveled around to see the shadow of what appeared to be a large bird above, though the sun blocked out a good portion of details, until it dropped down, revealing it to be a gnomish Mechano-Strider. Riding onn it's back was Gelbin Mechazod, High Tinker of the Gnomes.

"Ain't it so?" Bruenor replied, his voice gruff and bristly. "Should'a expected a gnome to be around here."

"Oh? Well, can't dissapoint that then." Gelbin jumped off and landed on the now dead Troll's back.

"So, why you be here, then?" Bruenor asked, arms crossed.

"Well, I heard the noise. Wanted to see what it was, is all."

"Ye be a stupid man if you can't recognize the roar of a Troll." Bruenor chuckled.

"Well, this stupid man you're referring to is a king, technically." Gelbin replied.

"Ya? So am I." Bruenor stuck his hand out. "Bruenor Battlehammer, king of the Battlehammer Dwarves."

Gelbin took his larger hand and shook it. "Gelbin Mechazod, High Tinker of the Gnomes."

"Ah really? I heard about ye once. Expected ye to be a wee bit taller though!" Bruenor laughed, Gelbin joining in.

"Everyone does! What can they expect from a Gnome though?" Gelbin responded.

"Maybe ye need a pair of stilts." Bruenor replied, a Gelbin got back on the Mechano-Strider.

"I'll keep it in mind. I'm also sure Gnomeregan would be quite pleased to see that one dead." Gelbin gestured to the beast below.

"Aye." Bruenor, with a swift cut removed the Troll's head, placing it on his back. "Might as well cash in the bounty. Mind if I have a lift?"

Gelbin scooted forward a bit. "Climb aboard. Always room for one more."

Bruenor clambered onto the back of the Strider, as Gelbin whistled, the robotic bird turning and beginning to gallop towards the city of Gnomeregan further in the depths of the mountains.

Gnomeragan Outskirts

The Mechano-Strider chugged it's way quietly throuh the mountains, as it followed a river downsteam. Then, it appeared, a large hole bored into the mountain, outlined by a large golden archway.

"There it is." Gelbin said, gesturing towards the arch. On the outside, various traders and caravans came up and down, gnomes and others alike watching as the Mechano-Strider settled down, Bruenor hopping off, large troll head in tow as he headed to the small place where bounties were collected, a stand built into the side of the archway, bounty board next to it. Bruenor slammed the head onto the desk.

"I'd like to claim the bounty for that big fella here, if ye wouldn't mind." Bruenor said. The gnome on the other side had his eyes widen, as he checked the list, pulling out a quite large amount of gold and put it on the ide of the desk not covered by the head, as he pulled said head behind the counter without a word. Bruenor took the gold and stashed it away, rearranging his little pack a little.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X