Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big flying drone relying completely on technology communicating with many smaller drones, all of which are looking for any weird anomalies in the surrounding area, scanning for technological devices and transmissions to get a better idea of what's going on. Also, it's not hard to listen to multiple frequencies at all. Anyone scouting the area for anything unusual (which was what Sidna was doing up to this point) things would noticed transmissions like that relatively quickly. Also, she's monitoring the group in question, it's obvious that she would hear the transmission.

EDIT: Word for word from my first post.

She let out a few small drones from the back of the bigger drone. Once out she let them fly in the direction she had found the technology signatures, scanning now and then to better pinpoint the location, and leaving some of them behind to give her a better line the the drones further ahead. Once they approximately reached the area with the signatures, the formed a wireless mesh, catching any transmissions in the process and sending them back to her.
    Last edited by Katrix; 09-26-2017, 03:08 AM.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Okay, I wasn't sure, wasn't really in the recent post (you haven't really posted in a while, sorry) either that multiple drones are listening to multiple frequencies. :/ sorry if this sounds like I am very annoyed, just, the whole situation in general kinda did annoyed me and it's got me in a nitpick mood.

Edit: Didn't quite read the first post Katrix ever posted with sidna, sorry.
      Last edited by LilyScarlet; 09-26-2017, 03:31 AM.
      "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

I have to say this real quick, and I do NOT intend to try and cause any more problems but... please note Ceres is not accepted yet. I did not accept Ceres because at the time it was your first post in that after like... a while and I just did not notice the apps until Lily mentioned them to me. I'll look over them soon though so just hold on. I need at least Tewi and someone else too give me their opinions on Spira and Ceres's apps. Don't worry though, I ALWAYS do this with other people's apps, and even my own. I always try to get multiple opinions on an app before accepting. Sorry for not looking at them before. I either just saw them and skimmed over them but didn't have the time to fully read through them, and eventually forgot. Or I was a dumb dumb and did not notice the apps at all. Sorry about that. Will be getting back to you as soon as possible on them.

Sorry for any problems we may have brought up, we just didn't want anything that might have been... what's the word? Problematic from happening. It's been a while since you posted, and I forgot you were in this RP for a bit as well as had forgotten what Sidna had done so far.

Once again, sorry for any problems ^-^;;

EDIT: YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT YOUR POST KATRIX! Forgot to mention that just in case. The only thing is a small typo of 'cherry' instead of cheery. That's like, the only other problem with it.
        Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-26-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Okay I talked with S121. Personality is fine, Bio is relatively fine. However both Lily and S121, and myself noticed that...

The abilities and skills of Ceres are a little TOO vague.

For example. She's capable of inflicting different feelings, thoughts, and a whole mess of other problems iinto her targets. But what are the limits? This is a power that is rather close to mind control. What are the limits to her abilities? Can someone fight these thoughts if they are AWARE of what's happening? How many people can she affect? Does she have to make physical contact with someone in order to affect, or can she do it at a range? If so what is the max range of her powers? If she can use her powers on someone from a distance, and she has a set range. Then does her powers of influencing become weaker the farther she is from a target? What if someone gets out of this range, will the things stop? This is things that would be nice to know, because I don't want to accept a character that can sort of control another person's characters.

As for skills... Okay I get it, she prefers keeping her distance from her target while using a arsenal of different weapons to fight. Thing is... what are the types of weapons she prefers to use? What weapons does she even have in her possession? Does she have any other minor skills? Is she a 'Master of Unlocking' (if you get the reference hooray), does she have a proficiency in computers? How skilled is she with these weapons, and how skilled is she in close quarters combat?

Sorry for so many questions. Truly I am, it's just me, S1, and a few others just want to make sure we don't get a overpowered character on hand. Because you didn't list many weaknesses or much detail in Ceres's abilities or skills.

Spira is fine though.

Comment

Yeah I can see that. Too be honest it's been a while since I created the character so I'll to to flesh her out a bit more.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Thanks for understanding. I'll also have to ask if you can try to be a bit more active in the RP IF possible. One more disappearing act then I might have to ask you to pull out if you end up disappearing for another month or two.

I hope you understand. Not trying to be mean or anything. Just that it'd be kinda bad if your characters get a little too involved with someone else's and then you disappear or stop posting for who knows how long again, leaving someone else behind. Just precautionary ya know?

I hope you understand.
              Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-26-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

@sustic i would hope that you sustic, the master of unlocking, would help us. O u O

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

Lily gets it.

For getting the reference she gets a cookie... cake!

Comment

OFF TOPIC, but forgot to accept Koishi's app for the SIVA stuff

Comment

Mikoto is finished. I don't think i missed anything.

Comment

@Katrix: Really like the reworked abilities for Ceres. I'd recommend looking into giving her some narcotics such as Esdaile, aconite and others like it. some narcotics like the ones I mentioned can be use to make hypnosis easier so slipping them into their drink or putting them in a gun and shooting them like a tranquilizer would be very beneficial to a character like yours. just make sure you research the narcotics you're using before hand so you know what side effects it may have and how it might be detected if you try to put it in food or a drink. For example if a character is part animal or something and has a good sense of smell, they might be able to tell something is wrong with their drink if it has a cent typically not associated with said drink. on the topic of drinks wine is also a good choice for increasing her chances, more so than other types of alcohol.

Anyway I really like the idea of the character. Can't wait to see what you do with her.

Comment

@Katrix.

Yeah the app looks a lot better now. So I will say that Ceres, and Spira are both accepted.

@Tewi.

I read through Misaka's app and it looks good to go. So accepted.

Comment

Fear the jellybeans o u o

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

Name: Jennifer Nightingale (A.K.A Push, Jenny, or Jen)

Race: Psychic

Height: 5'5''

Appearance:

Personality: She is oftentimes relaxed and rather casual, and among the group, Jennifer is often seen as the "big sister" nobody had before, oftentimes using that level-headedness and almost neutral demeanor to be the mediator or even the voice of reason on occasion. That is not to say this is her only side. To anyone who might not know her too well, they would be surprised that this girl who is calm and relaxed would also be the same person to put an invisible maze in someone's room while they are sleeping, or to an extreme, steal something for the betterment of her little family. Fact of the matter is, she cares quite a bit about the people she is currently with, and would do whatever it would take to help them and keep them safe.

When the going gets tough though, or when she has her eyes set on something, she is not one to beat around the bush and is not afraid to take charge. Does she want a snow cone? She's gonna get her damn snow cone, with cherry flavoring! Is she interested in someone? That's right, and she'll kidnap them and put them on an oil rig, and train them hard to be her "battle buddy"!

She is quite the perceptive one, oftentimes being the one who catches on early to a person's thoughts or feelings. This also extends to certain situations. Oh, and she also likes candy, often sucking away on a lollipop or some other sweet.

Bio:

Spoiler:

Jennifer's parents met while attending university. Her Father, Mark Nightingale was studying computer science, programming and game design while her mother Ami Kjellberg was studying art and 3D animation. They met at the collage and bounded over a mutual love of video games. The went through collage without much care, renting an HMO and taking pleasure in each other's company. The two played games, went to conventions and bounded over their geekieness for the next 4 years while they studied for their diploma. They often made plans and talked about making their own game with Mark doing all the programming and Ami doing the art, animations and music. They started working on it as a side project and then full time once they were out of collage.

As they worked together the two spent more and more time together, living together like a couple. It was very odd at first, they had never kissed, gone on a date or even held hands, but both of them felt like they were in a relationship with the other. To make matters worse neither of them wanted to bring it up out of fear of a harsh reaction from the other. This wet on for about a year into their games development until Mark finally worked up the corsage to ask her out to dinner. They had had meals together many times before but tonight was special, he was paying and he wanted it to be special for her.

Marcus Nightingale was more nervous nervous than he had ever been in his life, stressing over every little thing. It all had to be perfect from the ride over to the meal itself and so on so forth. things we're going smoothly enough on the ride over, but while they were waiting for their food there was an awkward silence between them. They two friends who had spent so much time together and always had more to say were suddenly at a lose for any words.

Things continued like this until Mark saw a couple a few tables over, laughing and talking about Pokemon of all things. It was then that it hit him, he just needed to be himself, treat tonight like any other night. Mark managed to break the ice, starting to talk about his favorite romance visual novels and so on the two ended up talking about katawa shoujo for hours after their food had arrived and been devoured. By the time they were asked to leave, they were already hungry again. Mark took his date back home and cooked her a mean eggs and bacon and the two spent even more time talking.

Things were going so well in fact that they broke out some wine Mark had been saving for new years, he could always just buy more anyways. One shot lead to another and before they knew it they were shitfaced drunk in Ami's bed as naked as they day they were born.

After that night they accepted each other as their lover and life went on. A few years later they finished their game. It was a really fun indy game in the style of a classic RPG. A game they called "Sanctuary the 5th era". It became a huge hit on steam greenlight and soon they had more money than they knew what to do with. The two moved into a bigger house in the suburbs, a place not too rich and fancy, but wealthy enough to have a low crime and poverty rating. They became engaged, due to have their wedding in 5 years time so they could work on making new additions to their games, new games taking parts in different time periods and so on. However after Ami ended up with a bun in her oven they moved the wedding up to that year.

Jenny was born 9 months later, a little bit after the wedding. They didn't have time for a honeymoon, with a child to take care of and a game which had already been announced and delayed once due to the wedding and Ami being unable to work for a while. They struggled a little bit but luckily they were able to raise enough money via a "go fund me" to hire a small team to help them. Mark and Ami still wrote the story for the next game but the bulk of the programming and art was being outsourced while Ami did the music and Mark worked on game mechanics and low hanging fruit.

They spent a lot more of their time now taking care of their newborn baby, playing with her, holding her and taking her for walks in her stroller. Jenny lived a pretty happy normal life for the most part. Her parents had the coolest job ever and they loved playing video games with her and taking her to do things like bowling, swimming and skating, they always went somewhere at leas tone per week, usually on Fridays. Her parents loved and she thought the world of them. Her life while still new was full of sunny days and good times. One couldn't ask for a better childhood.

Around the time she was five years old however she ran into a bit of trouble. Jenny's family had taken her to a barbeque in the neighborhood. Jenny was playing hide and go seek with the other children, eating hot dogs and having fun. As she was playing however she accidentally found herself wondering a bit too far away from the others and hiding in a place a few yards over. However before long she had herself hopelessly lost and couldn't' find her way back for the life of her. the little five year old was sad and upset. she started crying loudly which was her second mistake. She hadn't seen the big rottweiler.

The dog barked at her at first before running over in her direction. In that moment Jenny was overcome with fear. she screamed as loudly as she could and held up her hands to shield herself from the visions canine. she thought for a second that maybe he was a friendly big scary doggy, but when she opened her eyes to look he was floating. The dog was still moving it's legs like it was trying to run, but it was stuck there, suspended off the ground.

She was baffled, confused and amazed, terrified and yet curious about what was going on, but before she had any time to ponder, she felt herself being lifted up by the familiar arms of her loving father. Mark held and squeezed his little girl, his heart still pounding front he fear of losing her. The dog hit the ground again and ran back to his little doghouse. He wasn't hurt just...scared maybe?

That was the day they discovered Jenny's power of telekinesis. It was still weak and potentially dangerous if she didn't learn how to control it. Ami had called a man named Shiroji who lived off in California to set up an arrangement. They planned on renting an apartment out there and moving there long enough for little Jenny to learn how to control her powers so she didnt' accidentally hurt herself or anyone else. They were all scheduled to leave the next day and everything seemed fine. "However that night the infinite line soldiers attacked, massacring psychics by the hundreds if not thousands.

Jenny would no longer be safe going to Cali for her training, at least not under their current arrangement. After talking to Shiroji and a few others, they came to the conclusion that it'd be best for Jenny to go there in secret. If the government learned of her powers she and her parents would be in danger, and this way she could learning safely with other children like her.

Jenny was not happy about the arrangement at all. First she was told she was going on a trip with her parents and now she suddenly had to leave without them? The little 5 year old through the biggest fit of her life, crying about how they lied to her, how they promised they would go together and how she didnt' want to go. It was very hard on her, and her parents but it simply had to be done. Mark tried very hard to explain to his daughter why things had to be this way, but at the time she was too upset to be able to make any sense of it.

She got on a flight the next day with her mother. Ami knew she couldn't stay with her, but she wanted to see her daughter off. Mark was too torn up, he wanted to go so badly but the emotional strain he was under..... he just couldn't. Saying goodbye would be too painful. He knew in his head that they could go visit their daughter, but that seemed so far away, as if it would never come.

Ami got off the plane with her daughter and took her to the newly developed base of Project Esper. She hugged her daughter goodbye, kissed her on the head and asked her to be good for the nice teachers. She promised she and her father would come visit her soon, and then she left. Jenny was still rather upset by everything that had hapened. She was talking to a young boy with white hair who looked rather disturbed about something. During her rant she asked them why they had to hide, to which he solemnly answered "Because the soldiers will kill more people if we don't."

She asked him why they would do that, but Alex didnt' have an answer for her. After all he was still a child himself and could hardly understand such things. She then went to one of the adults, the one named Shiroji and asked him. Shiroji explained in a very nice way that she was here both for her protection and the protection of her parents. While he said it softly he didn't beat around the bush or sugarcoat it. She asked him why they did it to which he responded that he was also unsure, but they were crested by a government who had grievances with the espers.

A pout on her lips and her head slightly tilted she asked him. "What dose grievances Mean?" Shiroji got a small chuckle out of that. He petted her on the head and told her that it just meant they didn't like them. The five year old scoffed and called the government a bunch of meanies, earning another small laugh from the man. They talked for a bit and then she went about her way.

Jenny was rather curious and wanted to know what had happened to the other children, why were they here? She spoke to each of them, learning their stories. How Alex watched his mother being killed, How Misaka lost her father and how Raina lost her family and her leg in an explosion. Henry it seemed had been an orphan, abandoned and fleeing the government on his own. All of their stories touched her heart. She felt so bad for them that it made her feel sick, like she was going to throw up.

She went to Shiroji again, tears in her eyes as she talked to him. With a somber look on her face she told him that she felt bad for the other kids. Shiroji put what he was doing away so he could address her saying that yes it had been very difficult for a lot of them. Alex lost his mother, Misaka her father and Raina....poor Raina. He told her the best thing she could do was to be a friend to hem, to try not to talk about their problems and let them know she cared.

Jenny wiped a few tears from her eyes, sucking the snot back into her nose so it didnt' run down her chin as she lightly sobbed. She asked if something awful was going to happen to her too, if she was going to lose her mommy and daddy. Shiroji moved in closer with a tissue in hand, he held it to her nose and told her to blow. He then wiped the tears from her eyes and held her close, hugging her gently and patting her head to comfort her. He assured her that her family was safe. he did his best to explain that this was why she was here, to prevent the bad thing from happening and that by being here she was protecting them.

Lastly he told her that none of the other children would ever ant her to go through the loss they had experienced, not to feel guilty but grateful. He did his best to comfort her, keeping her tucked safe and warm in his soft embrace. He broke the silence just a bit later, before she could ask anymore questions to ask if she wanted any ice cream. She accepted and that was the end of it. Shiroji took the children out on a small trip, serving them delicious frozen treats.

After that day Jenny and the others officially joined Project Esper. They began learning, protecting their skills and abilities. The first friend Jenny made was with her new roommate Misaka, the two latched onto each other almost instantly. Eventually they would become as close as sisters. Henry was also rather easy to get along with. In fact he seemed like the most easy going out of all of them. Raina was a bit odd and very stressed at the beginning. Heer power was a great burden to her, but Jenny helped her. She took her to quite areas where it could be just the two of them so the voices in her head weren't so loud. Eventually Raina opened up to her and told her about what had happened to her that night

They hugged it out and Jenny and Raina became close friends. It seemed Jenny was quite the popular one among the children. Alex was the hardest to get along with, being very reclusive and quite. He never spoke unless spoken too and rarely ate. Hell he even lashed out at Jenny for offering him a cookie. Eventually though even he came around. He started to open up more to them and Jenny became his anchor, helping him deal with the stress of day to day life.

Things were looking up as time went on. Eventually thought it was time for their augmentation. With Alex being a late bloomer and Jenny being the next oldest after him, she hit puberty first. Thus Jenny was the first to be augmented. She knew the risks of what might happen but she was brave. She had faith in Shiroji and the others who she had come to know as friends, no not friends, family.

They made several augments to her brain to increase reactions time, her ability to make complex calculations, motor skills and the part of her brain that allowed her to use her powers in the first place. However things didn't go quite as planned. The signals in her brain were being sent to the wrong places. Simply moving her fingers cause other parts of her body to move and all kinds of confusing mix ups were taking place.

To say she was suffering was an understatement. Jenny hardly knew where she was and she couldn't seem to escape this nightmare she found herself in. Upon waking up, she had suffered a rather serious siezure as her nervous system incorrectly fired off signals, not able to cope with being so drastically changed in such a short time. Psychic energy welled out of her like deadly sparks from a downed powerline, and anyone or anything unfortunate enough to get close would have suffered horrible consequences. When all seemed hopeless for Jen, Raina managed to get through to her with her telepathy. it wasn't easy but she found Jenny's conscious and told her to just relax, to clear her mind and to do noting. Once Jenny had finally calmed down, Raina used her power to put her to sleep.

The researches tried again, this time taking their last mistakes into account. It took a lot of restless hours but eventually they managed to fix her brain, augments in tact. Jenny pulled through like a champ, and after a bit of rehabilitation she managed to adjust to her new augments just fine.

Jenny went on to become one of the best fighters in Project Esper, using her powers and he skills with firearms in perfect harmony. She was a lot more physically fit than the other espers, the only one even coming close being stalker who was very quick on his feet. Jenny became the best friend a friend could have and took up the role of big sister to the other children in Project Esper. Together they became one big family and started making a difference in the world. Jenny still often speaks with and even visits her parents, often telling them about how her life has been and what the other members are like. With high hopes she faces her future, knowing she won't have to face it alone.

Abilities:

Spoiler:

Strength - Due to her training, she can lift about 300lbs maximum. Of course, PK lets her lift more.

Speed - Can sprint at speeds reaching 17 mph. Of course, she could just LITERALLY send herself flying with PK, but that's besides the point.

Reaction Time - 10 times faster than the average human, though with training and focus it has reached around 12-15 times faster.

Durability - Without the use of PK, mostly normal, save for her physical training and good nutrition being a benefit.

Misc - Psychokinesis. For a quick rundown, her psychic ability allows her to affect mass and some forms of energy with her mind. She most commonly uses her powers to augment her shooting or CQC, enhance her physical abilities, move things, create barriers, or create psychokinetic objects out of thin air.

Skills: Jennifer has quite the array of skills that she has picked up over the years. She knows gymnastics, parkour, various meditation techniques, some first aid, a bit of hacking, various martial arts, is a good marksman, has dabbled quite a bit in piloting/controlling various vehicles, aircraft, and mechs, is a pretty good negotiator, and has mastered the fictional art of "Gun-Fu" or "Gun Kata". Many people would be right that such an art would be basically suicide, but thanks to her PK, she is right at home with this ability.

Gear:

Spoiler:

Weapons
                              Spoiler:

2 GKP 1040 Custom Handguns
                              Spoiler:

Caliber: .40 S&W; 10mm
                              Velocity: 1,250 ft/s (380 m/s); 1,600 ft/s (490 m/s)
                              Capacity: 17+1; 15+1
                              Misc.: These two handguns were are rather unique in how they were modified to more readily accommodate the 10mm rounds' smaller sibling, the .40 S&W. Such a thing allows for them to be able to be loaded with most standard ammunition found on the field and against your usual government-controlled soldier.

https://i.imgur.com/Ln0gOcY.png

Last edited by S121; 10-04-2017, 05:00 AM.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I guess the apps done. Was a bit unsure if there was any other area where I could clean it up, but I guess it's fine.

@Tewi

That's actually a really good idea. I'll look into that.
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X