Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koishi
    replied
    Sacramento | Impound Lot

The gaseous man's 'gut' feelings were not wrong. Koi found a car that fit what they needed, but they paused before working to unlock it. They scanned the area, eyes flipping through vision modes.

"I know you're there." Koi spoke calmly. "I's can see you. I's dunno whether you're sentient, but..."

They pulled their firearm, aiming at the top of of the nearby vehicles. "I's hope tha' chassis is bulletproof, or you's get this over with."

A silence hung in the air for a time, before a form revealed itself. It was a machine, tall, far taller than either of the two. It's thin body was covered in a myriad of armored plates, their head staring outward with a single red eye, spinning as it focused firmly on the former Infinite. Six arms adorned it's vaguely humanoid body,each wielding a long knife, each edge glowing with plasma, volatile and extraordinarily deadly to a normal man. Lastly was it's tail, a long serrated thing, rippling with anticipation as the machine eyed it's supposed 'prey'.

"I suppose there is not point in hiding. I expected as much from an Infinite." the machine replied, a somewhat male human voice coupled with the whirring of a voicebox.

"And I's suppose you's the fella stalking us earliers... n' form the fact tha' you's not immidiately tryin' to skewer me, I's guess you's aren't from the government eithers?" Koi questioned.

"Correct and correct. My superior is quite interested in you, as well as the other Infinites. They wish to meet you..." the machine replied.

"But?" Koi finished.

"They wish to test your combat prowess first, if only to see such things firsthand." they replied.

"Hm." Koi merely responded. "I's guess no isn't an answer, right?"

The machine shook it's head. "Even if you refuse what she will offer you, she wants the data. It is important to gauge general attributes of Infinites."

"You's realize we all have some pretty different specifications, right?" Koi seemed slightly confused.

"Correct, but the data is needed." the machine replied. Koi glanced over to the green man with a touch of worry on their face.

"You leave me friend outta this." Koi spoke in a somewhat more serious tone.

"Of course, unless they intercede. In which case I will be forced to dispose of them, despite how... curious in composition they are." the machine replied, looking to the man in question.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    ((Sorry for the long delay, been having a hard time thinking of a post without a post from Lily, also I don't know when Lily will be posting again. Last she said she wasn't going to be posting this month for some reason that I forgot, so we can try and find a way to continue without her for the time being.))

Skies Of Cali | Lowering altitude towards the ocean

013 was holding the wound on his arm before he let go. The pain was already beginning to fade, and besides... he's experienced much worse injuries before. So this one isn't that big of a deal to him for the most part. When he heard what Samantha had said, her command to Senna asking her to keep an eye on him, while he appreciates the gesture, he really doesn't feel like his injury warrants THAT much protection.

"My injury isn't that serious. Just a gunshot, but I do appreciate the concern. I assure you though that I'm in good enough condition to get moving once we're ready."

Sacramento | Impound Lot

After their little expedition in the sewers, Koi and the green man finally emerged, hopefully with no one actually following them... But that's just being optimistic at this point as the green man climbed out of the sewers and began looking around. While Koi was looking for a good enough car to use, the green fellow with her was busy scanning the area. Even without eyes he could still see... somehow. Either way he felt a very odd feeling right now. Not a good kind of odd either, in fact he feels as if they are being watched...

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Jenny & Misaka's Bedroom

Raina rolled inside once she was able and looked around the room. She had been in it many times before, but she always liked how it smelled of sweet strawberries thanks to the different scented items Misaka and Jenny kept in their shared room. "That's probably for the best. Thanks for going after Alex for me. don't tell him I said it but, I was really worried about him back there."" she said as she rolled herself up to the bed. Sh pulled the covers down for herself but she would need help placing herself in the bed itself.

Project Esper | Lab

Alex continued to watch Jason through the camera on his phone, occasionally tapping over to his music playlist to change songs so it looked like he was doing something. He was still rather relaxed at the moment, but he was ready to move at a moment's notice. Shiroji had been mostly trying to ignore Jason, but neither he nor Misaka could ignore it when they found his gaze upon them. Shiroji said nothing so as to not antagonize the boy, but Misaka was a bit bolder than he. Things were rather calm at the moment, so she didn't want to sound angry or rude when she spoke, with that in mind, she softened her voice. "Do you have something to say?" She asked in a rather soft and calm sounding voice.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Bedroom Hallway

"Alright. I'll help you into bed, but then I'm going to go check on the others, ok? As much as I'd like to stay, I should probably make sure they're all getting along.", Jen said as she maneuvered past Raina and reached for the door. She then opened it and gestured for the little telepath to come inside.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason was rather quickly reloading his weapons and despite his speed, he exhibited machine-like precision. It took all of 20 minutes to finish reloading all of his weapons, but once he was done, he looked about again to get a bearing on his surroundings. From behind him he could see Alex playing on his phone. He seemed much like Jason was a few minutes ago, not too worried about his surroundings. To his left, it seemed that the scientist and and to his left was the scientist from before and the electrokinetic girl that took his weapons. They still seemed to be running tests on the prosthetic hand, likely meant for the girl in the wheelchair he had met before. It seemed that they had at least worked out its basic mechanics and achieved the right amount of sensitivity, but as evidenced from before, they still had yet to make the hand's movements fully deliberate. If the others paid attention, they might have noticed that his head was turned a bit in their direction, though tilted a bit away as if to hide that he was watching for this brief moment.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Raina rolled up to the door to Jenny and Misaka's room, a giddy smile on her face. "Hm. I'll see you when I wake up okay?" she said waiting for Jenny to open the door her her. Unlike the door to her own bedroom this one wasn't quite so easy to open from where she sat.

Project Esper | Lab

Alex was keeping a closer watch on Jason now that he was reloading his weapons, however he did it in a rather clever way. While he pretended to give his phone all his attention, he actually had his camera pulled up and had the phone aimed in just the right angle so that he could look down at his phone and see everything Jason was doing, all while Jason being none the wiser. Misaka and Shiroji kept running tests on the new arm, trying to get it in perfect working order. If Jason were paying attention he might have found out why they were making the arm. As it turned out they were making it for that crippled girl with telepathy

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Needless to say, Jennifer could hazard a guess and could only imagine the things running through the mind reader's head. She couldn't really help but think of what she could mean, though it didn't bother Jenny very much. She simply smiled and looked over to Raina.

"Yea, all night long.", Jen said teasingly yet still having an almost seductive tinge to it.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason seemed to be rather closed off to the scene unfolding around him, focused more on keeping inventory on his ammunition. After counting it all, he finally started to load each round into their respective magazines, only occasionally looking over to the others every once in a while. He still seemed rather quiet and guarded though.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Raina had a warm smile on her face as she rolled along side Jenny. Occasionally she reached her little nub up to hold her hand, only to remember her arm was missing. "Awesome! I can't wait to sleep with you, and Misaka, at the same time." she said again intentionally trying to fill Jenny's mind with lewd thoughts.

Project Esper | Lab

Alex had been quiet thus far, but he couldn't help but notice just how much ammunition Jason had with him. He knew none of it was stolen from their armory too which made it all the more impressive. Misaka meanwhile gave Shiroji a small hug, which he then returned. If Jason were paying attention, he might notice an almost father child relationship between him and a lot of the espers, all of which were children.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

"Well then I'll tell her we're having a sleepover.", Jennifer said with a rather calm smile, though it was clear that she was playing along with the rather dirty teasing.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason didn't really pay much attention to the others after this. Instead, he began to empty the compartments of the bin one by one, counting each and every bullet to keep a mental note on how many he had remaining, as well as inspecting them for any damages. It was a rather long process, but he had eventually found that he had a pretty good amount of ammunition left. Out of the 24 rounds he had of his revolver's .600 Overkill rounds, he had 18 left. He still had all 152 12 gauge shotgun shells left, had 748 7.62x51mm EXACTO rounds left for his CORAS, all 800 .45 ACP rounds for his dual SMGs, 71 40×53mm grenades for his XM-40 launcher, and 39 16mmx65mm tungsten HEAP rounds for his railgun. In addition, he had acquired one fragmentation grenade from one of the soldiers. He may have to conserve his ammunition better in the future, but for now he seemed to be doing alright.
    Last edited by S121; 11-11-2017, 01:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Bedroom Hallway Raina was very pleased to see her teasing have the desired effect. Although whenever Jenny called her out on doing that on purpose, she gave her a rather innocent and vulnerable look before speaking softly "Hm did what on purpose?" After that she listened to Jenny's sort of counter teasing about what she said regarding being lonely and Misaka. "I don't mind at all. Having her there will be even more fun." she said again intentionally blurring the lines between an innocent comment and a sexual one. Project Esper | Lab Misaka looked over the moment she noticed Shiroji' coat tear. Quickly the metal hand let go of his coat and let it. She lightly blushed and looked down a bit shamefully. She clearly felt bad for ripping his lab coat. "Oops... Sorry Shrioji..." She said sort of looking towards the ground. It didn't' take him long however to go back to her, lightly placing a hand on her head and affectionately patting her to let her know everything was alright. "It's fine, one should always expect accidents to happen in a lab." he assured her as she comforted the small girl. Alex meanwhile kept to himself, although if Jason were to occasionally turn around he might have seen Alex staring at him from time to time just to make sure he wasn't aiming the gun at anyone.
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 10-17-2018, 04:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | En rout to bedroom

Needless to say, Jenny had just a flash of less than noble thoughts involving Raina. interpreting her rather devious tone as suggesting that. The thoughts were then quickly wiped away to interpret it as possibly something more innocent, though by this point, Jennifer's eyes were now narrowed at her.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?", Jenny said. Although she had such a suspicious look on her face, she wasn't mad or anything. She very well knew Raina's intent though. To this, Jennifer simply teased her back.

"Well who knows? It does get lonely cooped up in this bunker. I hope you don't mind Misaka though.", she teased as she went ahead, turning back to look at her rather devilishly.

Project Esper | Lab

Jason paid little mind to Alex, just as he had done to him, though Misaka was a slightly different story. Misaka may not have seen it, but Jason narrowed his eyes at her in response to her rather distrustful demeanor. In truth, he didn't really fault her for it, for he barely trusted them either. It was simply a more instinctual reaction. This soon faded though as the sound of fabric ripping pulled Jason's attention over to the torn labcoat. He saw the electrodes hooked up to Misaka's head, so perhaps it was her doing. Whatever it may have been, Jason finally walked deeper into the room and pulled up a seat to the more isolated part of one of the desks before placing the plastic tote onto the table. First up on his little to-do list was to reload all his weapons.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | En rout to bedroom

Raina prssed the forward motion on her joystick and quickly followed Jenny down the hallway into their living quarters. It seemed all she could do from falling asleep right there in her chair. "Thanks for all your help." she politely said before taking on a slightly more devious tone. "Though I'd rather sleep in your bed." she lightly teased, looking to see how Jenny would interpret that in her mind.

Project Esper | Lab

When Jason walked in, Alex didn't seem to give him much of a response. He looked up at him and acknowledged him, but that was about it. Misaka gave a bit more of a serious reaction however, giving him not a hateful look, but a stern one. She still didn't feel comfortable around this boy after his prior behavior. Although she may not have looked it, she was preparing to stop his gun yet again should he pull it on them. Of cores all of his weapons were currently empty, but she didnt' know that. If Jason paid attention, he'd see the little arm Shiroji was working on clench into a fist, actually grabbing hislab coat and causing a small tear in it while he moved away.

*rip!* "Douhwww... god damn it..." he lightly cursed under his breath trying not to appear to upset in front of Misaka. He wasn't mad at her or anything, just frustrated that his coat was now torn. Misaka for the moment hadn't realized her mistake
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 11-07-2017, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Raina's Computer Room

Jennifer smiled at Raina and stood up before motioning to the door.

"Right. It's been a long day for all of us, hasn't it?", Jen asked as she waited for Raina to follow her.

Project Esper | Lab

By this point, Jason couldn't tell whether or not they had left the security door open for him. Not that it mattered right now. For now he was more deadset on working on his armor. After this much time, his armor was also sure to have repaired itself by now, the holes in his back being long gone. Once Jason entered the lab, he quickly caught sight of his revolver and stowed it away in its holster on his chest. Seeing the other three in the room, Jason simply stood still as if waiting to see their reactions.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Raina seemed content to have the comfort of Jenny's hug wrapping around her. It was always a nice feeling and one that she looked forward too. However after holding her for a little bit she let out an involuntary yawn and stretched her arm and little nub out. She rubbed one eye, and then the other with the back of her fist, wiping away crust and wetness. "I'm a little sleepy now. Can you help me get to bed?"

Project Esper | Lab

Meanwhile Jason would have found the double doors were left open for him. Weather he would interpret it that way or if he just assumed it was to let the others follow him was up to him however. If he were to go back inside the lab now, Shiroji had finished putting the revolver back together and had left it on the desk to Jason's right as he would have entered the room. Alex and Misaka were still there with Shiroji who had gotten back to his normal work. If Jason were to look into it, he would see he was looking into some kind of experiment regarding the human brain and cybernetic limbs

Alex, despite having dark lines under his eyes was still awake and playing with his phone. IT didnt' seem like he was doing anything important. Misaka however seemed to be trying to help with Shiroji's experiment as she had several little pads with tubes and wires attached to her head. Seemed like if all went well she'd be able to move the prototype limb with just her thoughts. Now cybernetic limbs were nothing new, far from it in fact. But this one seemed to be somewhat specialized

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jennifer tightly hugged Raina back, leaning down a just a little to do so.

"Well I don't have to worry because we have you keeping us safe with intel.", Jennifer affectionately said.

Meanwhile, Jason was finished with what he came here to do. Now it was time to go back to the lab and alter his armor. With that in mind, he silently left the room and headed back down the hall and past the double reinforced doors.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Raina gave a gentle smile over to Jenny's direction as she became visible again. Stalker however would still go unseen. With his job seemingly done for the moment he walked away silently, knowing Network would be in good hands. Meanwhile Raina left her little room, rolling over to where Jenny was to give her...as much of a hug as a girl with one arm could while stuck to a chair. "You were worried about me huh? Now you know how I feel whenever you go on missions." she said with just a tint of tease in her voice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X