Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koishi
    replied
    Sacramento

Soane turned for a moment, focusing on the gaseous man before turning back to the wheel.

"You are an enigma of sorts, that is true. Very few of the creatures we have dealt with are intelligent enough to communicate, however. Those have different protocols and we often take their views or well being into consideration before assessing anything, unless subject is openly hostile and violent. We would be interested in running a few tests, I will admit that much. Only with your permission, and nothing would be harmful. You would be free to leave afterwards and we could provide transportation to your abode, if you possess such." the machine replied as they began to reach the outer portions of the city.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    Oceans of Cali

Samantha nodded at his words "They have their own reasons for looking for the higher ups in the Infinite project, you just need to look at the right places." she placed a hand on the handle of the railway, tail moving in a relaxed pace "Then again, having too many people together would attract attention, so for the moment, there are only four on this group, you already met Lynchwood and Edward, our other companion is in the base by Mexico's beaches in Baja California." she explained.

34 could see the alert state on her fellow experiment "You got questions, you can ask."

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Oceans of Cali

As 013 left with Samantha, his men meanwhile were doing as ordered and began to relax a bit. However they were still on alert in case they were needed for anything. Either way they were at least pleased to be on a seemingly safe vessel for the time being. Though they can't be guaranteed that they're in the clear now, this place is definitely better than nothing after such a failure of a mission.

On the other hand their commander still seemed to be a bit on edge as he turned to Samantha and spoke as he followed her. "Yes, it has been quite some time. Though to be honest it still sometimes feels like it was just last week since we first started to rebel." 013 spoke as he crossed his arms. "I see that you've found yourself with a decent group since those times."

Sacramento

The Green Man jumped a little when the car door closed behind him once he hopped into the backseat. The whole situation was a bit uneasy for him, especially once he began to overhear what Koi and the machine man began to talk about. Namely what caught his attention was when said organization they're talking about deals with capturing 'unknown lifeforms'. "Sorry to interrupt... ,but you don't suppose I'd count as one of them... unknown lifeforms...?" The green man replied as he began to fidget around in his seat a little.

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Sacramento

The back door closed, and the windows tinted, preventing others from seeing inside as they began to drive.

"I'll explain in a little more detail, since your... friend seems confused." the machine began.

"My name is Soane , and I work for an organization interested in the subjects of the so-called Infinite Project. More specifically, the leader of said organization is." they continued, as police cars passed them, heading back towards the impound lot they were at a few moments ago.

"I was requested to retrieve you and offer you a position within the organization. We specialize in capture, containment, and occasional removal of unknown lifeforms. We are referred to internally as CULL." the machine paused for a moment, seemingly focusing on something else while Koi was simply sitting quietly as they absorbed the information.

"Do you's know why they're interested?" Koi asked.

"They find potential in you and your former colleagues. It has been difficult to track you down, however. I personally believe you would find a good fit within. Many of our operations do not involve lethal means, unless the subjects or creatures would harm others without intervention. We prefer capture, as it allows us to learn more. We can offer you protection from the government as well as a home, access to our extensive databases, and whatever kind of food or drink you would desire. All that we would ask is your assistance on occasion." Soane explained.

"Noes operations against human targets?" Koi asked.

"Negative, ma'am. We've never had engagements against those, but we are trained and equipped to handle such if it came down to it." Soane replied casually.

"Such as yourself?" Kois head tilted slightly.

"Partially. My main job is to take down and incapacitate targets faster than a standard soldier can keep up with. They call us Hunters, though I can change to other bodies if need be." the machine explained. "Any further questions?"
    Last edited by Koishi; 02-17-2018, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    Oceans of Cali

Lynchwood guided the soldiers to the mess hall, which albeit a bit cramped, it had whatever they needed for supplies and the medical bay was at one side "Feel free to relax, if you need to speak with someone outside this vessel, you can use our communications room." she commented while sitting on one of the chairs, unloading her guns and started cleaning her revolver with a rag.

Meanwhile, Samantha managed to take a breath as she looked at her fellow IP "It has been a while, isn't it?" she asked with a faint smile "The times in the laboratories were blurry, but I still remember some of our brothers and sisters."

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Sacramento | Impound Lot

The Green Man seemed to twitch a bit in response to being asked if he was going to go with Koi or not. To be honest the Green Man was feeling rather... mixed about the whole ordeal. Why is Koi going to go with someone who just recently challenged her to a fight? More importantly he doesn't know if he can trust this machine or not.
    He was going to spend more time to think about it, but when they said the police would be here soon, he figured the best course of action would probably to go with Koi. He was a little afraid as to what might happen if he stayed behind, and even if the Green Man did get away into the sewers again, whose to say the Police wouldn't be able to track him down and freak out about what he is? As such the Green Man just looked at Koi and spoke.

"Course I'll go. I mean where else do I have? I've been with you this far, so it wouldn't hurt to stick with ya a little bit longer right?" The Green Man said as he stepped inside the car, taking a seat in the back.

Oceans of Cali

As the group of soldiers were busy checking their gear, and themselves one last time, 013 couldn't help but overhear what Edward had said. More importantly he felt a little guilty for making them go through so much trouble just to save their asses. Having to use a expensive ship as a self-destructing decoy is one thing. 013's group of rebels have been... low on resources for some time now. Granted 013 doesn't know of Samantha's and Edward's resource status, he'd get how painful it'd be to have to destroy their own vessel in this day and age. Secondly the threat of almost being hacked by the enemy would have probably done far more damage than one would think. All of that happened because things went far south and far more unexpectedly than 013 had anticipated. Hence why when 034 stated that the two of them needed to talk, 013 felt more than obligated to.

"You men stay here. If they need help with anything, feel free to lend a hand. Just stay out of trouble and behave yourselves." 013 ordered his men who just exchanged looks before respectfully nodding. Some of them still feeling... unsure of the whole situation. Namely how their boss is seemingly putting so much trust in these people.

013 then turned to the fellow IP super soldier and replied. "Don't worry about me, I'm ready whenever you are."
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 02-16-2018, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied
    Oceans of Cali

Edward was already looking at his companions, a small screen unfolding from his arm brace "Let's see, Multi-million dollar ship now becoming a distraction beacon that will explode in a matter of seconds, the mission was changed at least three times do the fact of having this group of soldiers with us and not letting them die, and the entire battlezone is now just ruins." the android listed the facts "Oh, right, yet another secretive group trying to kill us from afar, even trying to hack into my territory." that one actually made the optical slit glow orange for a second.

Samantha took off her helmet and untied the knot on her hair, letting the golden locks flow freely "We did get the intel though, and enough heat for the local areas to notice the whole fiasco." while she spoke, Sarah threw the usb stick and the android caught it, inserting the stick on a port by his head. "Yeah, this will help with the reasearch, probably can get some names and locations." and Edward was already walking back through the hatch.

Lynchwood sighed, checking her weapons "I suggest you to enter the inner area of the submarine, you will find everything you need to deal with injuries, there is food and cots."

034 looked at the leader of the soldiers "You and I need to talk, take your time to rest first though."

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Sacramento | Impound Lot

Koi sighed a little, incredibly split on her opinion of the glowing man. Friendly, yes, useful... debatable. Perhaps they would say no and stay here? Or at least drop them off elsewhere? The thoughts ran through their head fast as the being in question approached.

"Yes, they can come." Koi responded, looking over to the glowing man.

"Fella here wants to talk with me about somethin' from me past. Do you's wanna come, or no? If it be no, it would probably be wise for 'em to just drop ya' off somewhere, police are probably comin'." Koi responded as the robot got into the car, Koi opening the passenger seat and climbing up.

The backseat door opened as well on the same time, and the answer was awaited promptly.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Sacramento | Impound Lot

When it seemed like the coast was clear, the green man slowly poked his head out further. The fighting seemed to stop, yet the green man couldn't really tell if it was safe or not. Though when he heard what Koi and the machine... thing were talking about was finally over, the Green Man quickly hopped out of his hiding spot and ran over to Koi. Even without a face, it was somehow easy to tell that he was still trying to process what all had just happened. Today has actually been quite a hectic day for him. "So who's escaping or something? Is it us? I'm not sure as to what exactly is going on."

California - restaurant

As the two young ladies left, Kazuma just let out a rather indifferent, yet also slightly irritated sigh. "That girl is quite... something... I should keep a closer eye on her..." He said quietly to himself as the two left. Just as that happened he heard yelling coming from the kitchen, for someone was calling Kazuma. At the same time Kazuma began yelling back. Something in Japanese. Possibly something along the lines of 'hold on a damn second'. Or somethin as he walked back towards the Restaurant's kitchen.

Oceans of Cali

Having now boarded the submarine, 013 took a deep breath as he began to check himself to see if he lost anything, however after a good quick inspection he saw that everything he had on was still there. Save for maybe a clip or two for his handgun. Either way. Though when the hatch to the main part of the submarine opened up to reveal the android. The android according to his words and greetings he must be either one of two things: A typical Android assigned with caretaking, or more interestingly. The captain of this vessel. There were other possibilities as to what this Android's role is with Sam's group, but that didn't matter much to 013 as he gave a quick nod and salute in response to his greetings. As if a rather simple way of saying 'thanks.'

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Shiroji went back over to his desk area to tinker with the arm once he had handed the files off. The files seemed to contain a detailed description of what parts of the human body were vital, where they were and so on. There was plenty Jason could use to reprogram his nano machines later if he so chose too. Meanwhile Alex had gotten up from his chair and started heading to the door. With a stretch and a yawn he looked to Jenny and spoke. "I'm gonna get some shut eye. Wake me up if you need me."

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Jason seemed quite a bit less tense than how he was before Shiroji left, even accepting the papers without hesitation. After grabbing them, Jason flipped through some of the pages, quickly scanning each page with his visor to read later.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

It was at that moment that Shiroji finally returned with the files he had promised Jason. He gave a gentle knock before entering the door with a beige folder filled with a thin stack of papers. "Hey guys, I'm back. He said before extending an arm and offering the folder to Jason. While this happened, Alex closed his eyes and lightly tapped hi foot on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Jason leaned back in his own seat and crossed his arms before lightly tilting his head to the side. The others would not have been able to see it behind his armored head, but his eyes narrowed at the thought that someone wanted it to look like he was dead. It just didn't feel right.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Misaka gave a timid nod at what Jenny had said before returning her gaze to in front of her. She had no idea what was going on, but somehow it all felt unsettling to her. Meanwhile Alex had caught his composure and was able to more calmly respond to Jason's point now that he was relaxing. "Yeah I know. Still, if this AI has some sort of alternative motive, I want to know what it is." He said while leaning back against the chair he was in.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Project Esper | Lab

Jason thought that such a thing happening did sound pretty stupid, but he still did not think it was wise to make assumptions at this point.

"I would take all this with a grain of salt. As unpredictable as she is, Tethys doesn't really strike me as the treacherous type. There's no real way to be sure of it right now.", Jason said.

Jenny looked down at Misaka, who seemed to be expecting her to say something to her. In truth, she didn't have much to say. Simply put, she didn't entirely know what to think either.

"Something tells me we're stumbling onto some kind of internal coverup.", Jenny said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X