Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S121
    replied
    Shasta Trinity National Forest | Pass-n-Gas

Jason looked at the water for about two seconds before taking it from Alex, holding it by his side as he continued.

"They didn't. Otherwise, they would have pursued. It must not have been hard to take the convoy anyways. Protocol dictates for constant movement, meaning that the moment that explosion went off, they should have booked it and called for backup. They were poorly trained.", Jason said.

Meanwhile, Jen returned from the back office with a first-aid kit and walked over to Alex, looking over at Jason as he talked.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Alex could tell Jason was only giving him the bare minimum information that he had too, not that he could blame him. Alex probably would have done the same in his situation. Then he remembered however what Jenny had done earlier. If he wanted more information from Jason, perhaps he needed to share some of his own first. It couldn't hurt. "You'd think they'ed have used an air transport. Governments as sloppy as ever." Alex said while reaching into the cooler and pulling out three waters, one for himself and the others were presumably for Jen and Jason. This would be confirmed when he held one of the bottles within arms reach of Jason. "Those were infinite line soldiers that attacked the caravan. I heard one of them call himself 013. But somehow I don't think they knew you were there."

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jason didn't seem to react too much to the name "Accelerator". He may have heard it in passing, but it did not stand out much for him, especially since he used to be a bit further east himself anyways. When asked about why he was imprisoned, Jason leaned back on one of the counters before thinking about what to say. After all, he didn't want to reveal too much about himself. To him, the more he revealed, the more vulnerable he was to others.

"I tried to escape the facility I was originally created at, so they captured me and shipped me off someplace more secure.", Jason briefly answered.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

"Alex." he responded. "But most people know me by Accelirator." he pointed out. Alex was curious weather or not Jason had heard of him, it was usually a hit or miss weather someone actually knew him by his more infamous name. "So then Jason, how's you end up a prisoner to the people you used to work for?

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jason turned his attention over to Alex, who had now begun talking to him. Jennifer was no longer in the room, which meant that it was just him and Accelerator again. Jason did not really like Accelerator too much at the moment, due to what happened earlier, but he could tolerate him easily enough. It took a few moments to mull over whether or not he should tell Alex his name, but there was little Alex could do with the information anyways, at least for the moment.

"Jason... You got a name?", he asked.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Alex took a seat up on the counter where he was going to wait for Jenny to get back. He was sitting under one of the only working lights. When jen left to the back office though, Alex thought it'd be a good time to see if he could get some more information from Jason. He let out a small sigh before looking at the armored soldier again. "So," he started, getting the man's attention. "You have a name?"

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jennifer smiled back at Alex's somewhat rare yet genuine smile before entering too, with Jason right behind her. Jason closed the door behind them and locked it before turning around to get a look at the area. It seemed rather rundown and empty, but maybe there was something of interest here.

"So.. You guys come here often?", Jason asked, trying to start a conversation.

Jennifer looked over to Jason from one of the registers as she pressed a button on it, causing the tray to roll out.

"Sometimes. We tend to use it as a hideout or rest stop. It's a place to rest our legs.", Jennifer said as she pulled a key out from the tray and pressed the tray back in. After that, she started heading towards one of the back doors to unlock it.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Alex gave a genuine smile at the way Jenny so easily opened the door. The inside was mostly empty with only a few can drinks and bottled waters left in the cooler. There were little bits of canned food here and there but most of them were empty. There were two bathrooms in the back as well as some unopened crates that cold have had anything in them. Alex pushed the door open for them and held it once inside. "Thank you." he said to Jen as he passed her by.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied

Jason followed the two psychics until they finally reached the gas station. It looked a little different than from what he had imagined, but it would certainly do for a place to hide. With any luck, they could at least relax and take a breather here.

Jenny have a short, quick nod before approaching the door and pressing her finger on the lock. Just like that, the door's inner workings clicked and Jen opened the door.

"All done.", Jennifer said as she entered inside.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied

Alex lead the others through the very short path to the old gas station. The paint on the bricks was faded and he windows were all boarded up. There was an old dumpster in the back along with a ladder leading up to the roof. around on the front side ther were still 4 gas pumps which probably still worked perfectly fine. The door was locked but that wasn't a problem with Jenny around. "Here it is, almost sad seeing it like this." Alex said before looking over at his fellow esper. "Push, the door please?"

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Woods | California

Jennifer could see that they were indeed headed for the gas station and thought about some of the supplies they could glean from there. The place had been abandoned after a battle or two had taken place there, and because it was an individually-owned station, nobody came to see to its retrieval after the owner supposedly died. Either way, it made for a comfortable stop for her team on occasion.

"About six. Only as many as I needed to escape. I assumed the Infinite soldiers would mop up the rest. They were cleaning up the place and looting it for supplies by the time I left.", Jason responded.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Woods | California

Alex continued walking as he thought it over. He knew the gas station Jason was talking about, the old Pass a gas that had been shut down. There was glass there, and he knew glass was able to hide people from infrared sensors. He wasn't too worried about radar or sonar finding him, but infrared wasn't something he could trick with his powers. He started walking in the direction of the gas station before speaking up again. "Hey soldier, I saw a lot of dead bodies back at the convoy. Are you sure you killed them all?"

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Woods | California

Jennifer tilted her head towards Jason and lightly nodded, agreeing that it was rather strange.

"Now that you mention it, it does seem odd how they didn't send anyone. I don't think they would just simply let him go.", she added, further explaining her thoughts.

When such a thing was said, he let out a light sigh as he looked off in the direction of the far away convoy. He and Alex made it an impressive distance away, but it did strike him as odd that he didn't hear any movement far off in the distance or any intercepted frequencies in the area. Either they were incompetent, they didn't care, or they were following from far away. Either way, Jason seemed just a little tense.

"I might know a place to hide at if we need to. One of the guards was whining about a getting a snack at a gas station, but one of the other soldiers told him it was shut down. If need be, we can lie low there.", Jason said as he looked at Jennifer and Alex.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Woods | California

Alex Didn't stop his approach of home, he did however turn off in a direction that wouldn't actually lead them there. Jenny would have known this though Jason probably would not. All the while Alex was looking through the area via echo location. Although they were quite far from the road at this point, Alex could guess that things had died down back on the road where he first found Jason. Alex didn't like how quiet things were. Why had no one come after Jason yet? Maybe he was paranoid but he couldn't shake this feeling. "It can wait, there's a chance heir already tracking us." He said before looking back at them, still walking in the wrong direction. "Isn't it odd how no one's come after him yet despite having plenty of time to?"

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Woods | California

"Well, Network was worried and asked us to come out here. I didn't have all the details because she only had a little intel to go by, but it sounded pretty serious.", Jennifer said as she followed beside him, looking over at his bloodied sleeve and lightly frowning.

"Would you like me to patch that up real quick? It doesn't look serious, but it looks like it hurts."

Meanwhile, Jason followed quietly behind, contemplating his rather unusual situation. He was following his former enemies, heck, people he was DESIGNED to kill, but they were now the closest things he had to "friends" out here. He just hoped they could be trusted. If not, then he would have to prepare for a second escape.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X