X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Esper | Hallways

After Shiroji began to leave, Jason did the same and walked off to the beds. He wasn't planning on sleeping though. Instead, he needed to learn more about what was going on in the world, as well as find his home and family.

Project Esper | En rout to Bedrooms

"Welcome back, Xavier. You're kind of right, though there are still a lot of them out there where loyalty isn't an issue. We've just been fortunate enough to find defectors from time to time.", Jenny explained to Stalker, placing a hand on her hip and looking up at a nearby wall before looking down to Misaka.

"I wouldn't go that far. I watched for a little bit, and I can say that he's fast and very strong. You know how fast Alex is, and yet Jason could keep up. No matter how much punishment Alex dished out, Jason would counter, even going so far as to counter Alex's vector manipulation with that.. blood armor thing. He was also strong enough to give me a hard time when I tried to restrain him. I don't think you're wrong about our abilities being effective, but it's not so simple. Fact of the matter is, we had the element of surprise and numbers on our side. Imagine if there were two more of him, or even ten. Simply put, I just want to see if Jason is the only one of his kind, and if so, if we can shut down the program before they make more.", Jennifer said.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Xavier was walking with them now as they had just about reached their destinations. Alex was already sound asleep in his bed, the door o their room partly open to allow easy access. Raina was still resting in Jenny's bed, although she had moved off to one side to give Jenny enough room to lay down. "That's war I guess." Stalker finally said. "You adapt to your enemy and they'll adapt to you." he said "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Goodnight." Miisaka responded as she watched stalker head back to his room.

Comment

Oceans of Cali

013 just closed his eyes and crossed his arms in contemplation, unsure of what exact questions to ask. He's pretty sure some of the main questions he'd ask, would be relatively confidential to someone this group just met. Or in the case of Samantha, reuniting with what is essentially one of his sisters.

"Hm... I have one question. What exactly brought your forces to the scene of my team's failed mission?" 013 had asked. An honest question, as he was curious. "Because to be honest I find it a bit too surprising that my team was saved, especially by another member of Project: Infinite."

Sacramento

Having been informed that he won't be detained or forcibly experimented on, made the green man relax a bit as he leaned back in his seat. "Well ain't that a relief and a half. For a sec I thought I was gonna be one of them guinea things people test on." Replied the Green Man as he then began to think a little...

"Well I guess I can let you guys do a little testin'. Just... no sharp pointy things. They uh... scare me. Also I don't really have a home, so I guess when all is good and done, you could just release me and I'll scurry off somewhere out of the way."

Comment

Oceans of Cali

Samantha was expecting that question already "We were looking for information regarding a general, he had a hand on whatever was in that convoy, I barely had a chance to get a remote extraction, but it is enough to get more clues through the web." 34 explained. "As for meeting your team? It was pure luck, we didn't know what group was with the convoy, and then came the helicopter with the railgun, that group will probably be getting whatever was left of the escape ship, which will be filled with crap and spam." the experiment gave a smirk.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

(Five Finger Death Punch - "Far From Home" (00:00-1:02))
            Project Esper | Auxiliary Hallway Beds

After reaching one of the two bunk beds in the small housing alcove, Jason placed his weapons on the left-bottom bunk and slowly sat down onto the bottom bunk on the right, resting his back on the headrest. His weight combined with his armor made the bed creak, but it held. Afterward, Jason pulled out the laptop and laid it in his lap before powering it on. As the computer started up, Jason couldn't help but feel as if each breath was weighted. Jason had not shown it before or at least didn't have enough time to process his own thoughts, but he was anxious, even a little excited to be going home. He would actually be able to see his family again. Did they still remember him? Did they think he died? How would they react once they saw his armored figure on their doorstep, claiming that he was their son?

Jason let out a quiet sigh as he quietly vented his pent up nervous energy and emotions as he flexed his fingers. This was very personal and important to him, but now was not the time to forget his training and get overwhelmed. That could come later. For now, their little boy was coming home.

"Goodnight.", Jennifer said with a warm, soft smile. If she were a couple years older, one could say it was almost a motherly smile, almost as if that was all that was needed to provide her friend a good night's sleep. After Xavier was gone, Jenny turned to look at Misaka and let out a soft, tired sigh.

"Well Misaka, ready to turn in? I'm beat.", the psychic girl said before raising one of her arms up and clasping it with the other, stretching her back to the left, then the other side to the right.
            Last edited by S121; 03-23-2018, 02:48 AM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Military Base near California

Sidna had taken the immediate emergency steps, but now she needed a more long-term plan for how to deal with the situation. In time she would call in that old soldier to take care of the prototype, and the "priest" to get his help convincing the government. She also needed to be proactive, not just reactive. She called up Ceres. "You have new orders. You will meet up with anyone having overseeing the whole Project ACHILLES, and convince them that the project had five prototypes. The idea that it only had a single prototype was a cover. The prototypes are 00, also known as Jason, often just referred to as the prototype, 01 located in Texas, 02 located in Britain, 03 located in Japan and 04 located at the south pole. The exact location should not be closed until we can set up the trap. Only people that oversaw the whole project know this. There should not be many of them."

Once Sidna gave that order, she began writing the file on the "real" Project ACHILLES, detailing the stories of the prototypes, how they had been taken from their families, while the family was killed. Anything that would make either some terrorists or a former Project ACHILLES prototype want to seek out the places. Of course, Sidna made sure that the security was tight, but not tight enough that someone couldn't break in and steal the information.

At the same time, Sidna made sure that traps were being prepared in the most obvious places. In this case that meant the place where the prototypes' family used to live, and Texas, the alleged location of 01, the closest prototype.

Shasta Trinity National Forest | Pass-n-Gas

Once a few hours had passed, the alleged corpse was "retrieved" from the forest where Accelerator had killed Jason. Another few hours after that, people began coming to the gas station where Jason and the espers had been hiding, searching for where they had gone using all sorts of technology, in addition to bloodhounds. It would probably only be a few hours before the dogs found the entrance to the lab.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

Project Esper | Auxiliary Hallway Beds

Misaka could see the tired look on Jenny's face as she stretched and let out her yawns. She was admittedly quite tired herself, despite having not been on the feild for as long as Jenny or Alex. "Sure thing." she said as she turned to look into the open door leading into their room. "But who's bed are you sleeping in?" she asked while observing the sleeping girl in Jenny's bed

Comment

Oceans of Cali

"I see. Then what a fortunate coincidence it was for my team that you all arrived. As thanks I can write up a report of what we had found from that truck. Safe to say, it was... interesting to say the least. I'm also sure you're group would like the intel my team had received about what the military was transporting?" 013 replied as he relaxed a bit by leaning against one of the walls of the ship they were on. "After all I hope both of our groups are fighting for the same cause. To take down whoever is in charge of the Government. As such it would be advised for us to share information."

Comment

Sacramento

"Noted." Soane replied, nodding their head slightly as the vehicle began to drive out of city limits.

"Where exactly are we headed?" Koi asked.

"Site 47. Located in a nature preserve west of Sacramento. Deals with mutants, cryptid and other anomalous materials in the area from Tahoe to San Francisco. It's one of the larger sites in North America, and also home to our primary research center for energy weaponry. There's still one site larger than it in the states, but that's over in Montana." Soane explained.

"Montana... I's be guessing it's there due to the low population, right?" Koi asked.

"Correct. In the event of an escape or breach, it allows us some leeway in recapture before thew subject or subjects gets to populated areas. Also minimizes witnesses." Soane replied.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Oceans of Cali

The submarine was now going lower into the depths of the ocean as the two Experiments talked "Coincidence or not, we do share similar objectives, our group will be delighted to have new info, same with sharing what you may not have." the blonde's tail coiled around her leg as her top ears lowered to protect themselves from the pressure of the water. "But for now, we should stay low, whoever was the third group on the battlefield had extremely high tech to have a human sized railgun. By now they probably found the remnants of the pigeon and will try to get anything from us."

"Don't worry about that, If they get something, they will either go to a pole or end up in the middle of the Nazca ruins, and those two decoys are heavily encrypted." Edward's voice could be heard from Samantha's helmet.
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

((THIS IS A SET UP FOR A SMALL TIMESKIP OTHERS HAVE BEEN WAITING ON.))
                        Sacramento

As the vehicle had driven out of the city limits, the green man simply sat there. His body seemingly jiggling ever so slightly whenever they were to hit a bump in the road. Now even though it was normally somewhat easy to tell his emotions to an extent, mainly due to his body language previously, this time however it was actually quite hard to tell how he must be feeling at the moment. For he was just... sitting there... almost motionless as he thought deeply.

"Maybe these guys can help me find out what I am..." He spoke as he then began to tilt his head forward a bit, the car ride was beginning to feel... relaxing... as he was beginning to slowly doze off.

Oceans of Cali

"Well then, with that settled... I guess I'll start working on that report soon. I'm positive the information in it will help your allies quite a lot. As of now though... today has been rather hectic so far. So I think I'll get an hour of rest before. Afterwards I'll get to work on that report. Expect it to be done sometime within the next 6 hours or so. Anyways, if you need me... you can catch me with the rest of my men." 013 had replied, putting his hands in his pockets as he turned for the door. However just before he left the room, he spoke again. "Also thanks again for saving our asses. It's nice to know that we have allies during these trying times." He said in a rather calm tone, finally relaxing a bit as he left the room to go rest with his men.
                        Last edited by SUSTIC; 04-07-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Site 47 | Topside

The green man would receive a poke on their shoulder around an hour later. As they likely wouldn't respond, they received more pokes, at various parts of themselves.

"Hellooooo? Anybody there? Is hard to tell if you's be asleep or not." Koi spoke, leaning around the seat. The robot from before was outside, and it seemed the environment had changed significantly. They appeared to be in the lot of some warehouse, located somewhere within a forested area.

The robot's head leaned into the vehicle, looking back and forth at the two of them. "Are they dead?"

Koi merely shrugged. "I's dunnos how gas people work, fella. Maybe they's just super hard sleepers."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

((I'm not sure of what to post for Oceans of Cali, as such I'll leave it to Kristia to decide what happens after the 1 hour time skip of sorts.))
                            Site 47 | Topside

Repeatedly poking the man seemed to have no effect, other than the pokes causing his lightweight body to fall over, and causing him to lean against the interior of the car door. Now while this may make him seem dead, his light movements seemed to indicate that he was thankfully, not dead. Although with how his movements began to become restless... it was clear that he was likely in a deep sleep.

In the mind of the little green man though, was a dream. An... odd one... a dream that felt... familiar to him...

The setting going on in his mind was some sort of industrial work station. With the green man waking up in said dream like state, apparently resting his head on the desk in front of him. Upon waking up though, the green man looked around as confused as one could possibly be. The entire room he was in really did look 'industrial' like one you'd see in one of those sewer maintenance arrows he occasionally found himself in back in the city sewers. The walls were cleaner, and more well-kept, with a few posters of cats with 'hang in there' and other motivational quotes hanging up on the walls. In front of him though, the desk which he had been resting his head on was large and... quite cluttered. It wasn't so much as cluttered with trash or garbage. Rather a large array of buttons, levers, switches, and other blinking gadgets and do-dads that seemed to be of... some kind of importance littered the desk. Or... was it some kind of control panel. . .? Either way there was quite a bit of stuff on the desk that the green man didn't understand, yet a part of him felt like... he's seen this before.

As the green man scanned the room in search of anything that might give him a good idea of where he was, he took notice of a small framed photo, resting on one of the only empty spots on the control panel. The photo seemed to be that of a woman he's never seen before, a child, and a man that... upon closer examination felt... really familiar. In fact everything about this photo felt familiar, but he just couldn't guess why. While trying to figure out who the people in the photograph were, he found himself picking up the picture frame... and closely looking at it. Everything felt weird as he stared at the photo.

However something broke the silence as he heard a voice coming from behind him. The voice felt familiar to him, and at first he turned around in response. Thinking it was his new friend Koi. Though before he could say anything he saw that the source of the voice was definitely not Koi, but rather someone else entirely. It was an older woman. Appeared to be in her 50's. Her attire was that of some kind of work jumpsuit, and her hair was brown with hints of becoming grey.

"Hey ???????? thought I told you not to sleep on the job. This is the 2nd time I caught you doing so. What, do you want this place to - - - - - ? If I catch you one more time you're going to find yourself out of a job!" The woman said... It was odd, there were a couple words that he swore were... quieter. Almost muffled by something. Like his mind was trying to block what she was saying or something. . . Either way that was confusing as hell.

This was when the green man began to space out... just... staring at the woman with a blank, green stare. Even though the woman didn't seem to respond at all to his strange appearance, which confused him even more, she still somehow seemed to notice his 'blank stare'. Hell it seemed like to her, she was seeing a man who was as high as a kite.

"Um... hello? ???????? are you okay...? . . . . . Do I need to call a doctor or something for you ????????" She was asking, though he didn't seem to be phased at all. Rather he tilted his head slowly as he felt everything just sort of... melt away around him. All the while his surroundings began to disappear into a black void, as all that was left was... the woman's voice as she tried calling out to him.

However her voice was changing... changing into a more readily familiar one.

""Hellooooo? Anybody there?" Was all he heard in Koi's voice. Hearing this the green man suddenly shot awake from his very weird dream with a loud gasp before seemingly hyperventilating...

Comment

Site 47 | Topside

As soon as the gaseous man jolted upward, the former Infinite jumped back slightly, beginning to assume a defensive stance before they realized the noise.

"Whoa! You's spooked me there." Koi spoke, rubbing the back of her neck as she felt a tinge of embarrassment creep in. "Had a bad dream ors somethin'? Sorry I's woke ya' up, but we's be here."

Soane merely slightly tilted their single ocular lens. Curiosity and data intermingled within their mind, curious as to how the gaseous creature even functioned, as even with the data they were processing, they were at a loss. Such a thing was better left to more specialized personnel regardless, but questions simply kept popping up. Regardless, they stood back as they watched the two, patiently waiting as their tail flickered back and forth without them even noticing.

Comment

"Hmm...", Jenny hummed as she looked over at the sleeping girl in her bed.

"Well, Raina doesn't get out much from her room, so I'll give her a little bit of company.", Jenny said as she walked into their room, all before looking back at her roommate and giving a playful little wink,"Besides, I always cuddle with you anyway."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X