X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Esper | Living Area

"Sure! We'll make a marathon out of it, make some popcorn, and shut off the lights.", Jennifer said happily. It seemed that the more they spoke about it, the more enthusiastic she was about the topic. Once the doors opened, Jenny followed Misaka inside.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Project Esper | Break Room
      We will break Jason yet!

Misaka walked inside with Jenny, quickly finding where Jason would have been sitting with his food. She had to admit she was a bit curious as to what he looked like. It wasn't every day you got to see a super soldier up close without their helmet on. "We're back" she called out. sure enough she had food and drink in hand.

Comment

While everyone else was gone and getting their food, Jason had made himself relatively comfortable in the far end of the room, sitting facing the door. His helmet metallic, bulky helmet laid on the table beside him, the red lights softly glowing and slowly strobing with each few seconds. What the group saw was a boy not much older than they were staring back with a focused, yet calm and almost tired brown-eyed gaze. Unlike what Jennifer had described, this boy was young and had brown hair that went past his ears a little. He had no scars, no eye patch, and actually looked like he spent quite a bit of time out of his armor, based on the healthy tanning of his skin. He was quietly eating his food and was using the laptop on the side of his plate opposite to the helmet.

"Welcome back.", Jason said with a small, barely noticeable smile.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

As Miaka walked into the room, her gaze quickly narrowed on Jason' who's young and admittedly handsome face was now exposed. Living in a bnker with only two boys, one of which was like a brother left Misaka with very little time for boys, and seeing this fresh young face, it made her cheeks turn light pink. "O-oh thank you." she said, trying to keep her cool and composure. She was doing alright for the most part, it was unlikely a stranger would notice the difference from her usual behavior, but Jenny might. "How is the food? I hope it's good." she said seeming just a bit eager about something.

Comment

"It's a lot better than what they serve back in the facility. Thank you.", Jason rather politely said, a far-cry from how he had acted when he first came here. In truth, Jason could at least see that these people meant well. At least that was his second impression. Even if he was to leave shortly, he wouldn't mind relaxing just a little around them. If Jenny and Misaka paid close attention, they would even see the tension ease just a little from his face.

Meanwhile, Jenny was rather pleasantly surprised by their acquaintance's appearance. Rather than this grizzled old veteran she had formulated in her head, it was a young boy. He still had that battle-hardened look in his eye, but even then, he could quite easily pass off as a high school student or an undergraduate. That being said, though Jennifer thought he was pretty decent eye candy, it seemed her fellow esper was quite taken. Jenny gave Misaka a rather big smile before looking back at Jason.
            sigpic

Comment

"I'm glad." Misaka said, a big grin on her face as she brought her food and drink to the seat next to Jason's She poured her sweet syrup all over her pancakes before putting a fork inside. she too the first bite, a happy grin on her face as she seemed to be in a rather good mood all of a sudden. "Mmm you wouldn't think it by looking at him but Alex is actually a pretty good cook." she said as she turned to look at him once more. Jason's relaxed tone didn't go unnoticed by Misaka, and she hoped to make the best of it, maybe learn more about this new boy.

Comment

Jason took notice of how this girl seemed quite a bit friendlier than before. In fact, despite the fact that he DID have a revolver pointed at her head yesterday, she seemed to be in quite the good mood. At least there was no ill tension between her and himself. The moment Misaka mentioned Alex, Jason gave a soft huff as he looked over to the electric esper.

"Well if he tried to introduce himself with dinner, maybe things would have turned out a bit differently.", Jason quipped with a small smile. After that, he took a bite of his own pancakes.

Meanwhile, Jenny could see that Misaka was already taking the lead in the conversation. It was rather rare to see Misaka take the initiative, so Jenny opted to sit on the sidelines for now. It seemed that Misaka was quite taken with this boy.

("Hey Raina, are you seeing this?"), Jenny thought to her telepathic companion.
                sigpic

Comment

Misaka gave a rather cute giggle at what Jason said. Who knew the big scary soldier had a sense of humor? "Yeah, I'm sorry about yesterday." she said, still smiling ear to ear. "But I am glad we found you. I know you have to leave soon but it's nice having company for once." The friendly girl took a bite out of her eggs this time, swallowing them after only a few chews. The way she kept glancing over at Jason whenever she thought he wasn't looking made it clear as day, to Jenny at least, but would Jason pick up on her subtleties?

Meanwhile, upon hearing Jenny's thought message to her, Raina responded not with words, but with a simple image. for just a moment, Jenny could see, smell and hear Niagara falls

Comment

Thanks to his enhanced reaction time, as they talked, Jason began to notice that Misaka seemed to always swiftly avert her eyes every time his own glances caught her in view. Not only that, but it seemed she was really friendly. It didn't make him feel uncomfortable or anything, but he did have a suspicion in the back of his mind. He thought about it a bit as he chewed his bacon, but would wait before coming to any conclusions.

"I guess this is pretty nice. To be honest, it's oddly.. calming here. No cameras or armed guards.", Jason admitted, gently swaying his free hand over the span of a few inches, as if to emphasize the calm.

Jenny smiled and rolled her eyes at Raina's mental response, but suddenly stopped when she heard Jason speak of where he was from. Finally, maybe they would be able to learn a little bit about this mysterious guy. Again, she stayed quiet for Misaka's sake, but she did lean in a little, curious about what they were going to say.
                    sigpic

Comment

Misaka chewed her food for a moment before swallowing again. After listening to what he had to say, she felt a bit bad for him. She was also curious however. "Sounds like they were pretty strict. We're they at least nice to you?" she asked, showing genuine empathy towards the mysterious Jason's past.

Comment

"Now that I think about it, it could have been worse. It wasn't that I was horribly abused or tortured or anything, but I was mostly treated like a machine. It wasn't until a few years after the brainwashing that they started to trust me.", Jason responded. The armored boy seemed rather distracted as he said this, looking down at what was his breakfast. Thinking back to him growing up in the facility felt almost like a dream, some kind of waking nightmare. It was all the more reason why he needed to find his family. He was not about to let the ones who kidnapped him just get away with everything and sweep his family under the carpet.

Jason looked rather grim as these thoughts came to mind, as if there was something rather heavy weighing on his mind. It could only be see briefly, as he had caught himself dwelling on it and corrected his behavior. He wanted to at least appear approachable to these new people.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oceans of cali
                          She seemed unfazed by the words her brother had said before, she was knew he mighta said something along those lines, everyone does that. She walks out from behind her cover and simply gives a toothy grin as she looks at 013.
                          "But you need to keep on alert in these kind of situations! An enemy could be right behind you and you wouldn't want that right brother?"Is all she said before she came forward and flashed a hint of a worried face, quickly going back to cheerful in a very quick manner. She smiles and starts to analyze the situation that they were just in, if she had not been there, lord knows what could've happened with that blob that was on it's way. And the fact that the AI was still active perturbed her quite alot, the fact she was still active is an anomaly. The government should've honest to god deactivated her, so why didn't they?
                          "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

Comment

Misaka was paying close attention to Jason's expressions as he spoke, thus noticing the contemplative and then grim looks he was giving. Hearing that he had been brainwashed and knowing how young he was, Misaka came to a realization of her own. She had to word this very carefully. She knew Jason didnt' exactly trust her yet and she didn't want to seem like she was fishing for information. "That's awful. Do you have anywhere to go? I hate to think of you being lost and alone out there."

Comment

Jason was actually a little perplexed by Misaka's concern for him. It was unusual for anyone to really worry about him, especially with him being this experimental super soldier, but it actually felt... nice. What he said next was nothing he hadn't said before, the only thing he added was how he planned to get there.

"Not really. I was planning on sticking to the wilderness until I make it home.", Jason said.
                              sigpic

Comment

Misaka seemed a bit worried, at least until Jason mentioned that last bit about home. She was surprised that someone like him even had a home to go back too, but she was relived that he had somewhere to return. "Ah you have a home then? I hope you get there safely!" she said while beaming at him with a genuine smile. "If you don't mind me asking, what's your home like? Do you have any family?"

Comment

Working...
                                X