Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Uh oh... 0_0

It does sound like it would be a little rough.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

ya don't say.
      gods it's incredible how young of a writer I was at the time.
      8 years...
      the only difference was at the time, I had no shame about it. I just wrote.

Here's a sample:

Spoiler:

Prologue - The Beginning, The End, and The Past

Journal log 256
      Date: Unknown

The end draws nigh. Even though Hyrule is losing, I sense there will be a change in the tides of fate. I hope it will be soon, for doom is… coming… fast. The “enemy” has a “weapon”, a “being” that could be the “death” of Hyrule. The name of this “creature” is Shadow Zon.
      I can also “sense” that the sword is weakening. When it began, I do not know.
      This is the end of this log.

Journal log 257
      Date: September 19

The tide of fate is already changing. Hyrule is winning. This is the end of this log.

“All right, let’s do this!!” says the swordsman leader to himself. Turning to the rest of the group he yells, “This is it! THE END IS HERE!!!”

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of Light’s Shadow

As Link runs through the dim passageway, his light footsteps echo through the maze called the Temple of Seven Lights. Though it is a maze, the entrance hall is straight with more passageways branching off. Massive columns on both side of the passage seem to disappear up in the vast ceiling above where it looks like nothing but a void. At the end of the corridor there is a mural with two figures in it - one with a sword of light and another with a sword of shadows.

“What’s this here?” wondered Link, as if he was asking the mural. Nothing but silence answered him. Well, not complete silence. Heavy breathing coming from somewhere in the darkness behind him was the only thing he heard. “What in the…? WHO’S THERE!!” he yelled. Nothing but darkness replied.

“Hmmm…must be hearing things,” Link mumbles to himself.

Turning back to the mural, Link doesn’t notice the seven glowing lights behind him becoming a bright orb. Suddenly the orb zooms past him. “WHAT IN THE…!?!” yelled Link. Again the orb charges at him, this time touching his right hand. “Ugh!” he exclaimed in pain. In that same moment, Link notices a black mark on his right hand where the orb touched him. “Ugh…that’s it. This place is getting to me,” he said under his breath. As Link heads toward the entrance, something decides to terrify him by speeding across the passageway just behind him. “WHAT THE…!?!” he yelled as he whipped around.

The being that tried to scare Link away believed it had done what it hoped for, but he still stood there. “This…thing… from the surface must… LEAVE!” thought the being as it dashed behind Link one more time.

“THAT’S IT! I’M OUT OF HERE!!!” Link yelled as he made another dash for the exit.

While Link ran, the being continued to sprint across the corridor just behind him.

As Link dashes up the dirt ramp outside the temple, he performs a… stunning landing… (Or more like a painful one) at the top. When Link looks back at the entrance, a door with a handprint and fairy symbols slides down and seals the way in to the Temple.

Later on Link buries the entrance and erects a windmill over the area. (He has a LOT of time on his hands.)

Chapter 2 - Roses are Pink?

When Link finished building the windmill, the one person that he dreaded the most came along.

“Oh, Link. ” came the slightly squeaky voice Link could recognize anywhere. The one person he dreaded -
      Rose.

Rose is the most, sparky girl that Hyrule has ever seen. The girl that talks so fast, you would think she drank two Espressos in the morning. THE self-devoted girlfriend of Link! (How THAT happened is…well…don’t ask. It’s for your own good…)

“This can’t be good,” sighed Link under his breath as Rose ran up to him.
      The first thing Link noticed was that little glimmer in her eyes. Now Link knows that Rose wants something.

“SO…what is it THIS time,” Link asked in his usual taunting way.

“Well…I…uh,” began Rose. “I…uh…OH PLEASE BRING ME TO CASTLE TOWN!! PLEASE!”

Now THIS was news. “And exactly what is at Castle Town that has caught your attention?” asked Link. He knew what was coming. Rose was like a crow, meaning she liked shiny objects.

“Well…a friend of a friend of mine told me,” began Rose. “That a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who told her friend that-”
      “Uh… Rose… you’re doing it again,” interrupted Link.
      “Oh…sorry, Link…”
      “No problem.”
      “So it’s a silver rod.”
      “WHOA…wait…what was that?”
      “What I want to go to Castle Town for.”
      “A silver rod?”
      “Yes.”
      “You’re kidding me?”
      “No.”
      “That’s it?”
      “Yes…”
      “You’re kidding me?”
      “Nope.”
      “Great…”
      “Meaning?”
      “I’m leaving at noon.”
      “Okay!”
      “Oh…and Rose…”
      “Yes?”
      “Don’t pack a million things.”
      Rose giggled, “Okay!”
      And with that, Rose headed home, and as for Link…
      “OOOhhhh boy… I REALLY hope she doesn’t pack a million things…”

Chapter 3 - The End of the Beginning

After two hours of travel with almost no events, Link and Rose finally made it to Castle Town.
      “Well…we’re here.” began Link, “And in record time, too.”
      “Okay,” began Rose. “Where would I find…”
      “Try the bazaar. It’s where I have to deliver these shields anyway.”
      “Okay.”
      “Don’t worry about it. Bargly, the guy who runs that place, will slap a bargain on that thing before you could say-”
      “Aye! There ye be Link! Had me worried these past five seconds!” said Bargly who just came out of the bazaar.
      “Ah, Bargly, I have your shields AND Rose here is looking for-”
      “Aye! Catch!”
      “What?” And before Link could figure out what was happening a short silver rod landed in the cart.
      “Is that what I think it is?” said Link.
      “Yep, that’s it. That’s the rod I was looking for,” said Rose.
      “So what is this Bargly? Free gift?” asked Link.
      “Close enough,” said Bargly.
      “Well, you have what you came here for Rose, but since we’re here, we might as well spend some time,” said Link.
      “All right!” said Rose.

Chapter 4 - A Link to the Shadows

Journal Log 2
      So you wana know what happens next? Yeah, well let me sum it up for ya: “Life’s too short.” But if you STILL want to know what happens next, well… can ya handle doom and gloom stories?
      Well if you can’t… CLOSE THIS BOOK! STOP READING NOW! Or else…

But if you can handle these types of stories, I won’t stop you. But readers BEWARE… These pages contain a DARK history…

Are you up for it? Well, I hope so because…the rest of the story… begins now.

Chapter 5 - Speed Flash

“All right. Where to begin… Okay…let’s start with what Rose and I, Link Karhanz, have accomplished so far. First, I find a creepy temple with a strange mural. Then Rose tells me that she wants to go to Castle Town for a crazy silver rod! After that Bargly gives Rose the rod for free! And now the fun part begins…”

So while Rose is window shopping, I decide to look around and see what’s new in town. And during my little stroll I came across the one thing that I thought was a myth: the fire staff. Sparkling like twilight and the golden sun combined, it radiated power. You could feel the energy flowing through the air, but it seemed like I was the only one feeling darkness… coming… it was like a sudden streak of darkness slashing through this veil of power. But as I gazed into the staff’s power, I felt something strange… and before I could figure anything out…
      “Hi, Link!” said Rose who was carrying at least 15 bags.
      Now you could say that was enough to scare me, but let’s continue on now.
      “Rose! Don’t startle me like that!”
      Rose giggled, “For the fastest Hylian here…you’re kind of slow… ” began Rose.
      And now her attention turns to the Fire staff.
      “Ha! And here YOU said I was the one who liked shiny things!”
      “Yeah…well this isn’t a collectors item…this is the legendary Fire staff.” I said.
      “Uh… yeah…well, I found something for your ‘experiments’.” Rose said.
      Grrrrrrr… she’s insulting my experiments!! But then she gave me these blue little gems which had flames in them…
      “Wha…What are these…things?” I asked.
      “How am I supposed to know?” she replied.
      Gee…is she helpful or what?
      “Well… see ya!” And with that Rose darts off to do some more window shopping.
      “Okay…She is apparently in heaven here…” I said to myself. Then I turned back to the fire staff, but I didn’t get very far with my thoughts before…
      “May I help you sir?” said an old man standing right behind me.
      “Yeah… who owns…” I began.
      “I do.” said the old man.
      “What will it-?”
      “Two blue fire gems.”
      Was it chance…or fate?
      What are the odds of Rose finding the fire gems then giving them to me?
      When THAT happens… it’s scary…
      Yeah…DON’T tell me the odds…
      I already know.
      “Two blue fire gems!?!?”
      “Yes?”
      I held out the gems, but then they turned into bolts of energy.
      They didn’t go far, though, they went to the fire staff then reformed into their original shape in the two slots on both ends of the staff fitting perfectly.
      But…remember that ‘streak of darkness’ I talked about earlier? Well…it just knocked on the door…or should I say knocked it in…
      Complete chaos. That is what was happening around me. And don’t ask me what I was doing, because my instincts took over. I jumped for the staff, barely avoiding fire arrows from some Bublins, grabbed the staff and (I CAN’T believe I’m saying this…but thank you history books!)
      extended the staff to its full length, opened the end blades, and ignited the tips, preparing to attack.
      The first thing that caught my attention was a Nazgarock, a creature that is a cross between a ReDead and a Stalfos, which was bearing down on Rose.
      The problem was that if I save her from the Nazgarock…well… I’ll never hear the end of it…but if I don’t save her… I’ll never hear the end of it…Gee…tough decision…PLUS…I can’t reach her in time.
      “Oh…COME ON!!” I was getting a little angry, when all of a sudden this light surrounded me. I felt like I could run like a bolt of lightning.
      Then these two words came into my head: Speed Flash.
      “Speed Flash…? What…?” But before I could think time stopped. Everything around me was frozen in time…except I wasn’t. And I would be crazy if I didn’t seize the opportunity…so I charged at the Nazgarock. But as soon as I charged at it…time returned to normal and the light seemed to push me. So how fast was I running with this Speed Flash? Well how about the speed of light! Yeah…I got there within milliseconds and apparently I hit the Nazgarock…because it was flying…
      “Hah… one down.” But when I turned to Rose, well it looked like a massive wind storm raged through. Rose’s hair was wind swept, and she looked stunned.
      “WHOA…” was all Rose managed to get out at first.
      “Did I say you were slow…?”
      “Yeah…just when you thought you knew me…”
      “Well…right now I want to get out of here…”
      “How about you just find someplace to hide?”
      “Okay…”
      While she takes cover I have to take on this big, ugly-looking Bublin.

So…you want to know what happens next?
      Well…how about I just skip the gruesome details and just jump to the important parts… or parts that will be important in the future. But anyway… I’ll just summarize the important stuff… (Ugh)
      I learned that Speed Flash creates a sonic boom… so that explains why it seemed like a wind storm raged through town.
      Plus I learned that there is another spell that is like Speed Flash, except for the fact that it is weaker than Speed Flash. I call it
      Speed Dash.
      Ok… yeah it is actually called something else…BUT it would be something you couldn’t pronounce. (HA!!) Oh, and that Bublin I was talking about? Well… he didn’t last long.
      Yeah…once I took out big and ugly, they all ran for it. Yep… that pretty much summarizes everything. So…this is the end of this chapter.

Prologue to Chapter 6 - The Voice

“Hmmmmmm, Speed Flash, where did I here that before…” I said to myself.
      Then…something…said “Temple… Woods…”
      “Oh great… now I’m hearing voices… wait…”
      That “wait” meant: I hear someone coming… Ah… it’s Rose.
      “Hey, Link, Can we go home now?” said Rose.
      “Uh, Yeah, Sure…”

2 days later…

Chapter 6 - The Sword…

“Okay ‘magic-voice-in-my-head’- now what?” I mumbled cautiously to myself worried that it would answer. Here I am two days later back at Hyrule Castle Town but this time I’m armed with two small swords, a shield, and (of course) the Fire Staff! Now, what’s crazy is that there’s just one question I had: Where in Castle Town would anyone find a temple in some mysterious woods. Hmph. Well, sticking to the time of “when I was there,” I’ll just keep going. So, as I was saying it was crazy to look for woods in Castle Town…but hey! People already call me “kind of crazy” so it wouldn’t hurt my reputation much. Ugh, there I go again… off topic… So as I was saying, there’s some “vegetation” over in the northern corner of town…

So as I wander over to investigate the patch of trees, I catch a glimpse of someone walking towards the center of the woods. I decide to venture in to figure out what’s so special when I find the temple.

“A temple in the woods…in the middle of Castle Town…Hmph…kind of small for a temple.”

As I casually walk into the temple, I notice that the walls are crumbling and it’s barely standing.

The inside of the temple was completely white with an elevated platform in the middle. Driven into the center of the platform was a …sword?
      As I walk to the top of the platform, I notice that there were the most fascinating carvings on the top of the platform…Okay…How many times did I write “platform”?

...actually this was everything I had written before I trashed the concept.
      =w=

Strike 1: Attempting to write in the first person narrative style. It kinda worked but...eeeeeeeh....
      Strike 2: Speed Flash. There's the Sonic the Hedgehog
      Strike 3: Overall writing style and construction.

Comment

@Cucoo

We all gotta start somewhere.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Well I used to write fan-fics. The best one I remember I had was a TF2/Touhou crossover. Let me give you a little sample from it.

Dusk, The Bamboo Forest

Night was approaching quickly, and the trio of the Medic, Pyro, and Mokou were getting tensious because of this.

"I don't like night here." Mokou blurted. "Too many lesser youkai wandering the forest. The main one you gotta watch out for though is Rumia." she explained.

"Who is that, may I ask?" the Pyro inquired

"One of the stronger youkai around these parts, she eats humans. She's not that powerful, but she is a master of sneak attacks, considering her ability to manipulate darkness." Mokou explained. "Luckly, we're almost to Eientei, it's relatively safe there." she continued.

"Ja, anywhere is safer zhen this accursed bamboo ridden place." commented the Medic.

"Is that so?" came a voice from above. Suddenly, the trio was encapsulated by darkness, the only light coming from the gentle flicker of the Pyro's flamethrower. "They are MINE, Immortal Bird, begone with YOU!" came the voice yet again.

"Rumia, could ya have chosen a better time for your games?" Mokou teased. Rumia laughed manically, even making Mokou cautious.

"Silly bird, this is MY night. The night of no light, the night of a new moon. I am at my FULL potential." Rumia explained. "I am more powerful than even that accursed shrine maiden. You have no hope of defeating me."

"Just shut up." retorted the Pyro. "No matter how strong you think you are, you are still beatable, hope does not matter here." he continued.

"Ooo, I like this one, i'll enjoy sucking the marrow out of his bones. AS for the rest of you, I think a good human pot roast will do. Ever tried it? It is delicious!" Rumia said with glee.

"You sick bitch." Mokou replied.

"You should watch your language Mokou, you'll eat your words someday. Where were we? Ah, the killing of you. I guess this will be a good testing field for my...experiment." Rumia commented.

Suddenly, shapes began to form in the darkness, of various shapes and sizes. "They are my children, AND YOU'LL BE THEIR SUPPER!" Rumia laughed manically again.

The creatures charged towards the trio, shadowy claws and teeth bared. Mokou formed a fireball in her hand, the Medic grinned as he brandished his Bonesaw. The Pyro's face was full of pent up anger, and readied himself, as a shadowy army that seemingly came from the mind of a sick youkai advanced in all directions towards them.

(Note, this was created like two years ago, so it's a bit meh.)

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

It's better than what I could come up with.

I've never had much patience for anything like that.
            sigpic

Comment

That's from around chapter five. There's seven chapters, but I never finished the story.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@ Mima

well its a helluvalot better than my fanfics that's for certain.

Oh and these are fitting...

For Part II...

For Terrisa

For Anankerisa
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-06-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

I have an interesting idea, but I need your input first.

You know how Aura Crystals have limiters? What would happen if that limiter was removed?

I came up with an idea in my upcoming post, where John deactivates the limiter and doubles most of the gunship's stats, all while racing against time before the crystal completely drains.

What are your thoughts?
                  sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Yes.
                    The only thing is that it isn't a double the stats, its infinitely-raise-the-stats-until-materials-start-to-give-and/or-things-blow-up increase.

Aion pulls a similar stunt later when he does an air-to-ground raid with Eclipse Blade where he has to push his fighter to limits that would destroy his fighter and thus kill himself if he made a mistake just to get past the AAA and SAMs.

So yes, go ahead.

Comment

@Cucoo

Originally posted by Cucoo
                      The only thing is that it isn't a double the stats, its infinitely-raise-the-stats-until-materials-start-to-give-and/or-things-blow-up increase.
                      Uh oh. Those Aura Crystals are unstable! 0_0;;;
                      sigpic

Comment

And this album matches exact. Therefore I'm dubbing it the official album of Eternal Galaxy. For now at least

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ALGxM92sJNt7sH

Comment

@Cucoo

In your post, did the gunship John was on get knocked out of the air?

I need to know for my post.
                          sigpic

Comment

aye, all of them were knocked out.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok.

I'll have a post "soon."

I still need to find pics for Wriggle.
                              sigpic

Comment

Roll call, just to make sure everyone is still interested in continuing this. Of course once I get Chapter 5 done then I might see things pick up more, but for now I just want to make sure I still have people.

Comment

Working...
                                X