Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

I'm still here.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Aye...

Ok let's quickly try to wrap up the mainstream for Chapter 5 so we can get into the main fun of Chapter 6.

Comment

Just noting this here so I can remember this

Hunters:

Chrissy: The rogue
        Elise: The mute
        Eric: The studious
        Nic: The young
        Tom: The inquisitive
        Johnny: The serious
        Ian: The calm

Comment

TURKEY~

Anyway, S121, You should notice that if you go back alllllll the way to the order Avonna told the legends, you should notice a difference.

Comment

@Cucoo

I'm on it.

Posting...
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Small error again: Aion was the one who was speaking after Joe noted where Senarious was.

"...Egale...It's a neighboring system of Celestora and Venion." Aion sat there and meditated on this for a moment before speaking again. "The legends go in a clockwise order around the galaxy. Helios, Celestora, Egale, Venion, Sol Incineron, and then back to Helios. That's how the legends go."
              I think I'll start using colors because my traditional "start next person who is speaking on a new line" method is confusing people here.

Comment

@Cucoo

Oops, editing.
                sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Aye, it was just a minor detail ^^;

@ Everyone

Anyway, I figured out how to best play this out.

I'll start to explain things here so as to hopefully iron out confusion when I get to the part with Cicero.

Here's what I figured:

All characters in my story are bound to the story. "Their hands are tied."
                  The RPers characters are not (even if their backstory makes them sound to be originating from the Galaxy)

This theme will tie in beautifully with everything a bit better and help explain what I was aiming for (that moment when you figure out how to explain something that you couldn't before)

Comment

Ok Massive Revamp with Eternal Galaxy to add a bit more control for everyone to just be a bit more free.

I'm going to take a certain concept from Assassin's Creed, the Animus specifically, and play things out like I intended with H4X S1GN

The RP characters are going to be Characters that don't exist true to the story, so they can know things that weren't in the story. BUT I will make it sort of like this one ancient Roman or Greek myth where the characters of my story won't believe them (a sort of madness)

And then, I'll even grant abilities that can go beyond what I initially said.
                    In short, I'm not going to bind the RP characters to the story canon.
                    They can exist outside it.

If you want to "reroll" your characters' abilities and traits of that nature that I tried to force into the story canon so that this will work out to your plans, then have at it.

...and yes, this is massive.
                    =w=
                    - desperately trying to breath new life into this -
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-20-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ehh, it sounds like it would kind of defeat the purpose of them coming to this galaxy in the first place. Some of our characters' entire backstory revolve around getting home, so if it's all just a simulation, then why are they there? Not only that, it also removes the danger of the RP. After all, if it's all just a simulation, where's the harm in getting shot, or blown up? It kills the excitement, the suspense. If you want to breathe more life into it, maybe giving the characters tasks will help. Give them missions that don't require them to follow the EG characters around and be bystanders.

In my opinion, it's fine as is, and the drop in activity can be attributed to other RPs cropping up.

In the end, it's your RP, but I think you might want to get everyones' opinions first.
                      Last edited by S121; 01-20-2014, 01:59 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

@ S121

...true
                        The only thing I got are the Keystones then.

They're like the Shards of Starlight, but have a different overall role.

They are mainly of the types of elementals but a bit more. Their location is up for interpretation.

Like, each RP character has their own keystone that they can find.

And I think my introduction chapters are way too "tutorial" like in structure. The real action isn't going to start until chapter 7.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hmm... keystone...

What do they do? Do they grant abilities, or do they have a different function?

As for the "tutorial" chapters, yeeaaaa.. I can kind of see that. In that case, let's keep going so that we can get to Chapter 7.
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

In a literal sense, they grant the abilities that are like elemental magic. So w/e "spirit elemental" (What you select in the Application" becomes available to be used.
                            And they also serve as literal keys.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ahh, I see now.
                              sigpic

Comment

@cucoo

I'm just waitng for chapter 6 to start XP
                                How many times can you die a day~?
                                How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Working...
                                X