• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC] Eternal Galaxy: Shards of Starlight - Part I

Venturia
    Helios System
    Planet: Duon

Hunter's Guild

A Young man stood in front of his locker, changing into his pilot attire. A green shirt with black patterns of a special rubber went over his silver-blue tunic. Black track pants with white ornamentation running down as a stripe on the sides. Gauntlets strapped over fingerless gloves. A white vest jacket with a grey phoenix pattern on the back, zipped half-way. Finally he picked up two armored boots. Two latches on either side opened the mechanized enhancements. small needles could be seen through the padding in the shin and calf plate. He picked up a small metal rod and clenched it in his teeth. In one quick motion, he clamped the boot closed. Pain shot up his leg, but soon subsided as the needles injected a special medication which relieved any pain in his legs. He repeated the procedure for the next boot. Everything to this point was automatic, habitual by his nature. Then he turned to his weapon, a great broadsword with the codename D-Helix. He slung the blade across his shoulders, buckling the straps accordingly. Then he pulled out of his pocket a set of goggles that looked more like sunglasses with green tinted lenses and a white frame. With a twist of his wrist, he unfolded them and put them on. Immediately, the goggles displayed various screens of information. The young man dismissed them and slid it up to the top of his head. His silver blonde hair was swept back in spikes. A small patch of hair above his left eye seemed to resemble a black starburst pattern. His grey eyes looked about quickly, looking for anything out of place and then, when he deemed everything in order, he began to walk towards the door that led to the main hangar.

"Yo, Aion!"
    The young man with grey eyes, Aion, turned to the source of the voice, another man of similar age with messy brown hair. His face lit up when he caught sight of him, standing on the catwalks above.
    "Heeey, Joe! How's things holding up?"
    "Still holdin'! At least our fighters will be in one piece for inspection." The man named Joe shrugged. "I know yours will pass but I don't know if mine will be ready..."
    "Oh no, what did you do to it this time? Fly it into a wall?"
    "Pfft, please! You know I'm too good of a pilot for that!"
    "...The ground then?"
    "How did you-? I mean...uh...no!"
    "Heh...nothing changes with ya Joe. Your sister was able to patch it up right?"
    "Terrisa...ya, she's an angel with a wrench, I swear..."
    "Haha...indeed. I'll take a look at yer baby of a train-wreck fighter and see what I can do to make her pass."
    "Baby of a train-wreck...what the heck ya on mate? You of all people should know my fighter ain't in that bad of shape."
    "Well, I of all people know that you abuse that poor thing. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet mid flight!"
    "Tch! Hey, you can at least say she's sturdier than any other fighter out there! Any normal bird wouldn't be able to handle the combat I go into!"
    "More like your flying in general..."
    "Oh c'mon! You said the other day I was one of the best fliers here!"
    "Heh, did I? Well, shoot, guess I did...Might have to change that here..."
    "HEY!"
    "Hahaha...I'm messing with ya matey! Anyway, I'll check on my fighter and then check yours."
    "Blade X-02? Aye, she was moved over to Bay 5 just a few moments ago."
    "Really? Alright."
    "Aye, See ya mate!"
    "Likewise, see ya at inspection."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venturia
    Egale System
    Planet: Senarious

Former Capitol of the Republic

Eleos, a man in his late twenties, stood at a cliff overlooking what at first glance appeared to be a wasteland. He nudged the lip of his lightly worn fedora and turned his back on the landscape he saw. The abandoned city, his home, his past. His open leather jacket billowed slightly in the wind, hindered by the sniper rifle slung across his back. He would wander past this place in the hopes that someone...anyone...survived the catastrophe. No one. Stone faced, he made his way to the forest.
    As he walked he thought he heard a voice of someone he knew. "Why are you still here? I thought you wanted to go see the rest of the world?" He turned slightly to where the voice should be. Where the girl should have been sitting, on the remnants of a wall. He smiled with saddened eyes. "I don't know, Neria. I don't know..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Venturia
    Nexion System
    Planet: Nexus

Capitol of the Venturian Council

Nexus, known as the great city in the sky. The shining towers and walkways seemed transparent. The glass city bore an elegance that seemed fitting for the Venturian Council, which had been responsible for keeping the peace in the galaxy. Now, it is a haven, a safe zone from the War of Eternity. Lady Avonna, the Head Priestess of the Council walked through the central structure known as the Palace of the Sky. Various tree-like decorations lined the paths. Everything bore the hues of the sunset, even though it was an early morning at Nexus.

"Milady!" One of the caretakers hurried to Avonna.
    "Oh? What's wrong?" She spoke with a soothing voice that could almost make anyone forget their sorrows.
    "I- I'm sorry to disturb you, b-but..."
    "Take your time. It's alright."
    "Well...uhm...ok...uh I have a daughter that always wanted to see both the Palace and wanted to meet you, so I was wondering...if...if-"
    Avonna smiled and helped finish her question. "If she could? Of course, it would be my pleasure."
    "Oh thank you milady!" And with that the caretaker ran off, happy that the Lady had accepted.
    Avonna watched the young woman disappear around the corner, her smile faded when silence hung once more on the air.

Venturia
    Helios System
    Duon Orbit

Delta Division Flagship

Commander Sullivan stood at the helm of his great ship. The bridge crew worked busily at the various controls. The ancient captain looked at the screen with the image of the planet below. He scratched at his trimmed grey beard, contemplating what would come next. Then his thoughts were interrupted by the monotone voice of his lieutenant.
    "Commander, I seriously ask you reconsider. After all the boy has been through..."
    "Navarre...there are some things that are meant to be. He will come when he's ready. Though sometimes we just need to help give him a nudge in the right direction."
    "Of course..."
    "Tell me, who did you choose to go and recruit him?"
    "A young girl named Kiara, a technical supervisor of the Maverick division of our fighters."
    "Good...good..."
    "Sir?"
    "Nothing. Could you do me a favor and check in on the Mavericks?"
    "Of course."
    Navare turned and briskly left the bridge.
    As he worked his way through the passages of the ship, he seldom fidgeted in his step when others were present. But on the occasional point when there was no one, he would seem to be almost anxious, running his hand through his jet-black hair.

Comment

Venturia
      Venion System
      Planet: Nox

Manor of Ethereal Night

Blue flames flickered in the torches that were scattered along the walls and pillars of the great hall that was the throne room of the ancient mansion. The hues of darkness hung on the walls like an ghostly curtain. In the dim light, and old man with features that seemed to have been chiseled from marble sat in the great throne. His red eyes seemed dim. To most, he would seem dead, or merely a statue. But everyone knew better. Erebos, Lord of Nox, was not dead.

City of Spirits
      The main square of the great city was quiet. The occasional cloaked person made their way through the darkness that was the day like a wraith. In the shadows, people made their livings and went about their peaceful lives. Under Erebos's protection, the people feared nothing. There was no crime, there was no disease. In essence, it was a utopia.

Venturia
      Sol Inceneron System
      Planet: Inopia

Temple of the Obsidian Gods

Dalia worked her way to the lower level of the entrance hall of the old temple, where it was cooler. Once she found a small crevice large enough, she found the most comfortable resting position she could manage. "Finally...peace...and...quiet..."
      Her day was marked by the usual hunt for resources...which more often than not meant robbing any hapless traveler that ventured this far down the caverns. In this planet, it was survival of the fittest. And she was going to survive.

Comment

???

Mima found herself following this stange ghost girl through what seemed a never ending passage. Water flowed along either side forming a curtain between the edge of the path and the empty darkness. A faint blue light could be seen in the troughs of water, providing the only visibility in the strange place. The patterned stone path kept going on...
        As Mima continued to follow her mysterious guide, she glanced over to the curtain of water. She noticed that the water was in fact flowing upward, to the troughs of the ceiling which looked like a mirror image of the floor. She kept going. The ghost girl seemed only a faint light as she kept a fair distance between her and Mima. She kept going.
        Suddenly she found herself in a strange room with a great door standing in the middle. The girl she had been following placed a hand on the chiseled doorway and slowly, the doors opened. A blinding light greeted Mima and then she found herself lying in a field. Or so she thought at first. But the first thing she felt was a nagging pain throughout her body, as though something was taken from her...She couldn't explain it, but she felt different. she looked over herself. Ghost tail, blue clothes, blue hat, green hair. Everything was the same...but she still felt as though she wasn't herself...

Venturia
        Helios System
        Planet: Dua

Isle of Spirits - The Mirror Sea

A small sail boat bobbed lightly in the small cove of the star-shapped island. Nearby, a young man rested against a outcrop of rock. He was wearing a red bandana and jacket, yellow shirt, black pants, and glasses. He used a brown messenger bag as a pillow. The sudden bright light woke him from his sleep. He looked over the rock and saw a green haired woman laying in the grass. "Hm? well...I guess I wasn't crazy on coming here after all..."
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-28-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Venturia
          Helios System

Mima opened her eyes, and pushed herself off of the ground, and simply looked around, thoughts racing through her head very fast, lots of questions, like where am I, what was I, Why waas I here, and many more other questions. She looked on the grass and saw a crescent staff, she didn't know why, but it seemed familiar. She grasped it in her hands, feeling an odd warmth, like returning home. She held it close, and to an extent, sat, with her ghostly tail in the grass.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Venturia
            Helios System

"The Passages of Fate will do that. They have a tendency of wiping a person's memory coming to the Eternal Galaxy." Cicero was standing next to Mima with his hands in his pockets. For a young man of 19, he seemed older. He looked down at her with a warm, broad grin on his face. "It'll get better with time, trust me, I know all too well what can happen..."

Comment

Venturia
              Helios System

"Who are you?" Mima finally spoke.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Venturia
                Helios System

"A fine question...The name's Cicero." He pushed up his glasses when he spoke. "And to answer your next two questions...Your on the Isle of Spirits in the middle of an ocean known as the Mirror Sea on a planet called Dua...or New Earth." He paused for a moment and let the word "Earth" linger on the air. His smile seemed to have grown even more. "As for why you or even I are here..." He bowed down closer. "That's the mystery of life, my dear." He sprung up and slowly started to walk towards the boat then realized something else and turned again to Mima. "Oh, and now I have a question for you, do you know who you are?" Cicero remained smiling.
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-29-2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Venturia
                  Helios System

"I'm..." Mima paused for a moment, tapping the side of her cheek. "Mima. I think."

Comment

Venturia
                    Helios System

Isle of Spirits - Mirror Sea

Cicero nodded as though to confirm what Mima said. "That you are. Good to know something is going right...I mean...uh..." Cicero glanced about nervously and coughed. "AHEM! Anyway, We should get going before anything else happens..." He reached into his messenger bag and pulled out what seemed to be a metallic hexagonal disc with a sort of clip on it. "You'll need this for later. It's a little device that has a few things stored in it. I'll teach you how to use it as we sail for the Tower of Aquarius." Cicero nodded in the direction of the barely visible tower in the distance that seemed to go up for eternity. And then, above in the sky, was the clearly visible sister planet Duon. It was so close, one would think birds could fly to it from where they were. "Once we get to civilization, things might start to come back to you...at least some of the basics." He then held the device out for Mima to take.

Comment

Venturia
                      Helios System

Mima took the device and got up, slightly wobbling, though slightly hovering. "Okay."

Comment

Venturia
                        Helios System

The Mirror Sea

Cicero placed a hand on Mima's shoulder to help her stay steady. He nodded in reply then helped guide her to the boat. "You'll be able to rest for most of the trip. You've been through a lot, and don't even realize it..." They got into the boat and Cicero quickly pushed off and unfurled the sails. He then quickly tapped a hand on a similar device that he gave Mima that was clipped on his belt and a multitude of energy particles emanated from the device and formed into a blanket ready to be grasped by the hand that tapped the device. Then, he handed it over to Mima. "Here, it'll be awhile till we reach the tower, might as well make yourself comfortable."
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-29-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Venturia
                          Helios System

Mima took the blanket and smiled a little. "Thank you for your kindness."

She lied down somewhat on the boat and looked up at the sky, her thoughts wandering off into the corners of her mind as she held her staff close, clinging onto it's familiarity.

Comment

Venturia
                            Helios System

The Mirror Sea

"It's what I'm here for. Quite literally." He turned to the sky and cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted out the next part. "IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO!!!" He then kept pointing at the sky saying "No, you!" to seemingly himself and finally he sighed and turned back to Mima. "Had to get that off me chest, anyway..." He undid the device from his belt and held it for Mima to see. "The device I gave ya has some grand old technical name...but everyone just calls it a digital bag. It can turn nearly anything physical into data to be stored in it. Here, you'll also need this." He quickly took out what seemed to be a patch with circuitry in it. Then he gently pushed back Mima's hair near her right ear and placed the patch just behind her ear. It quickly seemed to fuse into the skin, the circuitry along with it. "There... That'll help in the long run. What it does is...well..." he thought it through for a moment. "...You hungry? Anything in particular you want? Try thinking about it then tapping the device with your hand. Food that I've digitized will materialize and be suspended by energy so that you could grab it."

Comment

Venturia
                              Helios System

Mima first thought was fried rice. She tapped the device and a bowl of fried rice then materialized, suspended in the air, where Mima grabbed it.

"What kind of magic IS this?" Mima said.

Comment

Working...
                              X