Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helios System
    Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

"To the molecule. Terrisa and the mechanics are currently using the same sort of system to 'regenerate' the wing of Aion's Fighter. Of course, I'm certain as an AI you could work the machine to your liking to do as you wish." Kiara said. "Oh and we're here. I'll prepare the chamber." She went over to what looked like a strange sort of CAT Scan machine, with multiple rotating rings and moving laser heads and began to make some preliminary adjustments.

Comment

Helios System

Cortana sighed in anticipation as the machine hummed to life. She was excited, anxious, and to a certain degree, slightly scared. This was it. Soon she would be able to enter the machine and create a body to her liking. John picked up on her signs of anxiety and spoke.

"Are you feeling alright? You usually don't get this worked up.", John said to Cortana.

"Yes, it's just that this is actually happening! I'm going to be able to walk and feel things! I'm going to be able to live!", Cortana said with a mixture of excitement and anxiety.

If Cortana had a body, she would have been trembling, barely being able to contain herself.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"Ok, It's ready. A few things that I preset that are normal procedure: the blood vessels and the digestive system will have a certain structure to accommodate the nanobots. Also it will place a small machine in place of where the brain would be...and I made it so that in your wrists will be a port for Aura Sensors and, if I'm correct...a slot for the chip that houses your current consciousness." Kiara said as the rings aligned themselves vertically over the bed. "It functions the same way armor is modified. the rings create holographic panels that set the locations of molecules in rapid sweeps. It works in slight layers...but everything starts in an energy state before it solidifies the matter in the final sweep. Oh! And I made it to place a thermal blanket in the final sweep, for two reasons, the first is obvious but the second is because the body will start out cold so...it's just to warm it up to normal body temperatures so that it can function properly."

Comment

Helios System

Cortana knew that there was another thing she would have to get used to; wearing clothes. It may have been alright for her to be a naked, blue hologram, but that was because she had no details. If she tried that with her future body, she would never hear the end of it.

"This is it. Are you ready?", John asked as he walked over to the machine and raised his arm to pull Cortana's Crystal Data Chip out of the back his helmet.

"Yep... Let's do this.", Cortana nervously said.

And with that, John pulled out Cortana's chip and inserted it into the machine.

As soon as Cortana's chip entered the machine, the machine sprang into action. Cortana had already scanned the entire system, made a body plan, and began work in a single instant. the machine's lasers quickly swept by, creating layer after layer. With Cortana in the machine, it was actually working faster than it usually would. After only five minutes, half the body was completed.

John watched in amazement as the machine created layer after layer. He had never seen anything like this technology before. In fact, it actually rivaled the Forerunners' technology. The Forerunners were able to convert organic intelligence into AIs, but he still had yet to see a machine like this. It was amazing how such a thing was possible.

After ten minutes, the machine slowed to a stop.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"I'll be honest, I don't get to see this machine work that often..." Kiara stated as the energy silhouette of the body Cortana created rested on the bed. "Alright...solidifying...now." Kiara pressed a button and the final ring turned and slid up along the bed with a panel of energy condensing the glowing energy molecules. A blanket formed over the body as it went. And then...it was done and the rings returned to a horizontal resting position. "Now starting thawing process. Safe completion in ten minutes..."
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-23-2013, 03:01 AM.

Comment

For reference: (Click Me)

Helios System

Once the machine's rings returned to their horizontal position and the body was fully thawed, Cortana entered the body, opened her eyes, and took her first breath. At that very moment, Cortana felt the warmth of the blanket and the cool air on her face. To anyone else, it would be a normal, almost unnoticeable experience, but since Cortana never had nerve endings before, it was a new, strange experience. After a couple of moments, Cortana left the machine and held the thermal blanket over herself.

"How do I look?", Cortana asked everyone in the room.

John saw the final result and was stunned. He was not a man of very many words, but at this moment, he knew exactly what to say.

"Human.", John said to Cortana after a slight pause.

John's response caused Cortana to smile widely.
              Last edited by S121; 10-23-2013, 03:24 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Kiara went over with some medical tools and started to examine Cortana's physical body. "Just going to give you a quick physical, ok?" When she was about to take a closer look at Cortana's eyes she stopped for a moment. "Huh, I feel like I'm looking in a mirror of an older me! We could almost be sisters." Kiara smiled and then proceeded with the exam. "Ok I need you to take a few deep breathes and exhale slowly, this is both for me to figure out if everything worked and for you to get used to certain motor functions. Just a routine physical."

Comment

Helios System

"Okay.", Cortana said to Kiara.

Cortana took a deep breath in and felt the cool air pass through her nose and down into her lungs. Cortana was intrigued by the feeling of the air, so she took a quick, deep breath and felt the sensation of the cool air in her new nose and lungs. After a couple of breaths, Cortana spoke again.

"You know, I could get used to this. Is this what breathing always feels like?", Cortana asked Kiara.
                  sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"We're sort of non-corporeal at the moment, so I don't think we can. Mima can, though." Riemu explained.

"Sure, something to wet my throat might be nice." Mima replied.

"I wish I could, ze." Marisa said sadly.

Nova continued to work on her ship, treating it like a crown jewel, even when badly damaged, and was fixing plating on the ship's hull. TO be honest, her ship really needed an upgrade, but she didn't care. If it flyed, it worked for her.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Helios System Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

Mara just stood there leaning on a wall, she looked at the whole process with not much reaction at all

The bioroid knew the process of creating a body with mixed organic and mechanical parts, even knew the reactions of the people who got their new limbs or organs. They felt alive

("Some would call it a miraculous process. I can't blame her for looking happy, going from a simple hologram to a body with all the parts of a human, she could pass out because of happiness")" she thought with a faint smile

Yet that internal pain in her own heart still lingered ("Not even the best technology or magic or anything would give it back to me") the white haired thought looking away

Mara then walked to the AI with a bundle of hospital clothing and a medical white coat "Now that you have a body, we can't let men see our attributes, aren't we?" she said with a calm smile
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sol Inceneron
                        Inopia - Underground Temple

Nhiome looked down, "That is one small eye...But I should be able to do it, how much time do we have?" He knelt down and started thinking of the best way to get down there, KuroiKaze was extremely maneuverable, but even still, it would be hard to squeeze through.

But what if I don't have to squeeze through?, Nhiome looked at the pulse cannons. No, this place is probably already too unstable...but maybe a more controlled shot...?
                        How many times can you die a day~?
                        How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Helios System

Still holding the thermal blanket over herself with one hand, Cortana grabbed the clothes with the other and smiled.

"No, probably not. I guess it's not like being a hologram, huh?", Cortana rhetorically asked Mara.
                          sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"Unfortunately we can´t wander around withouth clothing, some people would have a bloody mess with sight" Mara joked to the black haired girl pointing to the chest

Anyways, men out," the bioroid pushed the males of the group out of the room and looked at Cortana "Another fact, a girl sometimes need her privacy, I know you will get the hang out of things pretty quickly" the white haired smiled

Mara just in case made some scans on the woman´s body "Nerve system ok, breathin ok, emotions looking good, digestion" she stopped and handled Cortana an apple "Got to practice at first hand, isnpt it?"
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Helios System

Thanks to the enhancements Cortana added to her new body, she was able to quickly grab the apple with no effort. Cortana felt the cold feel and soft texture of the apple. It was an interesting experience to Cortana, seeing as how she was inspecting and feeling it instead of actually eating it. After a minute of just examining the apple, Cortana finally took a bite of it and was amazed by the result.

"Hmm! That's actually pretty good! I can see why people mix and match things to create elaborate, complex foods.", Cortana said as she continued to finish off the apple.
                              sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Trust me on this, food is a delicacy in the hands of a good cooker, but all depends on the tastes you have. Just be careful on not eating too much, your body will help you stabilize the balance of the nutrients and fats, but too much food will take its toll with time" Mara said still working on Cortana´s tests

So I assume you will join your partner in the front, right? for that I assume you have or will train in some weaponry, but I suggest you to have some close combat defenses too" the bioroid said as one of her arm braces showed the enrgy blade in a safe distance from anyone

"Oh! you can also hack your way into electrical systems, your hands have the cables and plugs for it" the white haired said as a cable appeared from her palm

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X