Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helios System
    Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

Cortana thought for a moment. If it was in another Galaxy, then it was obviously far away. That being said, Cortana had an idea, thanks to the Warp Gates.

"What if I told you that I knew how to quickly get to the Milky Way Galaxy and back?", Cortana asked Kiara.

"First off, I would like to say that I could give you all of Humanity's history up until 2557. I have it all recorded in my memory. I have everything from historical documents, to cookbooks, to literature. Now, the plan I had involved the Warp Gates. You see, the Warp Gates are capable of making portals directly to your destination. All we need to do is calculate how many Lightyears the Milky Way is from this galaxy and create a portal. I could easily come up with the calculations, and all we need is an Observatory. As for the trip back, we would need a portable Warp Gate. Once we reach the Milky Way, we could deploy the Warp Gate and create a two-way stream. I know that historians would have a field day with it, so finding support for the project wouldn't be too hard. If not, then a small group of people could do it. The hardest part would be to create a portable Warp Gate, but with some time, it would be an easy task.", Cortana said to Kiara.
    Last edited by S121; 10-23-2013, 05:57 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"Just tea." Mima said.

"So, where exactly do you want us to start on you, I mean, I was your apprenntice, and little miss shrine maiden over here was both your friend and jailer." Marisa said casually, sitting down in a chair, which oddly enough, she didn't fall through.

"Wait, jailer?" Mima asked.

"Well, you did try to destroy the human race, it was just a precaution." Reimu retorted.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Helios System Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

Mara answered the bioroid's question "I thought about it just by looking at your friend's armor gave me some hint of the age it must have been, then add the not so weathered state of it. Also the moment he said his title and military government he worked for and finally you, its been a while since I saw a self conscious AI"

Hearing the portable warp gate shined the white haired's eyes "Actually I have a prototype of a portable warp gate, right now it only works in short distances and human sized capability, let me get it" she said searching her portal gun and took it out of her bag
        Last edited by Kristia; 10-23-2013, 07:20 PM.
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Helios System

"One problem with the warp gate plan...
          Warp Gates designed to span large distances might be able to open a portal to your destination...if there's another Warp Gate at your destination. Smaller, personal Warp Gates are capable of doing things like that over shorter distances...but you need to be able to have the receiver for it accordingly. You can't just 'warp,' you need to know if it's possible to do so. Sometimes, in the War of Eternity, entire battles have been fought over control of a Warp Gate."
          Kiara shrugged. "That's all I really know...again part of it is tied to the crystals and what it allows and doesn't allow."

"Nero made a short comment, "Just like us Life Hackers here...we were 'restrained' as a precaution too. though..." He smirked as he went into a sort of mini kitchen area and started to prepare the tea. "That's all I can really say on the matter."
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-23-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Helios System

Cortana slightly frowned that in 519 trillion years, humanity had not found a way to travel on the intergalactic scale. It was as if they simply gave up after losing Earth.

"Well, there's always hacking it and making it do things it probably shouldn't. You would be surprised with what I can do with a particular machine. Were the warp limitations put into place on purpose?", Cortana asked Kiara.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"Considering that the Galaxy has been at war for a few millennia, yes...
              ....and no."
              Kiara then took a seat on one of the benches nearby. "There's another strange phenomena when you get close to the border of the Galaxy. It's the same as when you get close to the border of a certain sea on the Planet Dua, which is below us at the moment." She pointed to a screen that revealed the two planets. "The phenomena...is described as this: Aura energy fluctuations, slowly fading upon approach, eventually dissipating and then dying altogether. And then there's reports that who or whatever approaches those boundaries disappear."

Comment

Helios System

"I don't know what a so called Life Hacker is, but this was quite neccesary. See, Mima isn't any old spirit, she's an evil spirit, quite different from a average everyday one." Reimu started to explain.

"See, Evil spirits are created when a person dies when they are wrongfully accused of something by someone, and they never finished what they were doing when they were alive, and always seek vengance against who or whatever wronged them, no matter what it is." Reimu explained.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Helios System

Cortana knew that she could find a way to the Milky Way galaxy, but without more data, Cortana knew that she was going into simple guesses. That was not her preferred method to solve problems.

"Then at the very least, I could give all I know to the Archives. I have all of Human history up until 2557 recorded into my memory. I have literature, cookbooks, tech manuals, and historical documents recorded. At the very least, humanity will know where they came from and what they're capable of if they actually try.", Cortana said to Kiara.
                  sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Nero finished preparing the tea and placed the cup on the coffee table in front of Mima. "So those old ghost stories are a bit more thank something to scare the kiddies, eh? Interesting...oh and to let ya know, Life Hackers basically can defy he rules of the universe. We were targeted as a threat to mankind and ultimately stripped of our power." Nero took a sip of coffee he had prepared for himself. "So what's the good qualities? Or are ya getting there?" Nero chuckled to himself.

"Oh believe me when us Venturians say that Humans are probably the most vigilant race to ever grace this galaxy. Oh goddess...I sound like one of those preachers...anyway...Humans have definitely proven themselves over the course of time regardless of them introducing the concept of greed to the Galaxy, which was not present before. But yes, I would think that the Historians in Celestora system would be grateful for your knowledge."

Comment

Helios System

Cortana sat in a chair with the thermal blanket still wrapped around her and pondered Kiara's words for a moment.

"You know, I've always believed that greed is just a form of extreme desire. Throughout human history, there has been violence and greed, but I believe that greed is just the unrefined need to have more than what they were given. On an evolutionary standpoint, greed would have its benefits. More food would mean better chances for survival. The more food they have, the easier life becomes. Some people say that greed comes from too much desire. One can have a greed for anything, like knowledge, money, or even love. I think greed might be a corrupted form of wanting to be better than they currently are, to have more power instead of being powerless. I think the only reason money is usually involved is because it places a numerical value on their achievements. It symbolizes power, which almost every human craves. Perhaps it's a subconscious need to better themselves and make their lives more enjoyable, and humans have decided that power is the way to do so.", Cortana said to Kiara.
                      sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Humans have something in common. Curiosness. That sole emotion is what stir us to search how everything works, if something is dangerous and so on. Greed is an extension of curiousness as also is happiness. Curiousness is one of the pillar emotions of humans since the start of time" Mara said and got up with her portal gun

Here is the prototype I was talking about. Its like a waep gate, but in much smaller scale" The white haired said shooting the yellow gate to a wall and the white to the wall next to her. She walked through one and came outside from the other portal

"I have been testing it for enough time to know its dangers and safety things. Yet if someone is crossing the portal and it starts to shiver, the portal will automatically push the person back without damaging him or her.
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Helios System

Those life hackers sound a bit like someone I knew, a youkai by the name of Yukari, she defied the universe all the time by manipulating the boundaries of anything." Reimu said.

Though, back to the point, evil spirits are known to be considerably more powerful than your average specter, both physically, magically, and mentally, though those things are all sort of needed to exact their revenge." Reimu continued.

"Who did I want to take vengance on?" Mima asked.

"Humanity." Marisa and Reimu both replied.

Comment

Sol Inceneron
                            Inopia - Underground Temple

Nhiome turned and slowly followed the woman into KuroiKaze. Squeezing through wouldn't be the only problem though, there is also not crashing into the ground when heading down, the KuroiKaze is still pretty heavy forward. After that...Never mind, let's do this one step at a time, first, how to get down?

By the time he entered the ship he had come up with an idea, he loaded a special bullet into the projectile gun and joined the woman in the cockpit. He powered up the ship but encountered an error whee some of the systems refused to come online, but the vital ones were on at least. He then aimed the gun towards the path down. He then looked at her, "You ready? This could get very shaky, the G-force suppressors are still down, in fact most of the systems are, the wiring must've been damaged somewhere. you might want to sit down in the pilot chair, just don't mess with the controls please."
                            How many times can you die a day~?
                            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Sol Inceneron
                              Inopia - Underground Temple

"Ha, things could get rough? Will it get as rough as being in a fighter in the middle of a dogfight in these caverns that doesn't use G-Diffusers with one insane Maverick pilot?" She then smiled wryly. "Don't worry bout me, I can manage."

Helios System

"Humans...they always have a tendency of poking into matters that they'll regret. Hmph, not big surprise. We're in the middle of a war that's been named the War of Eternity for that very reason. So, what's next?" Nero took another sip of coffee.

"That's definitely an improvement to current personal warp gate systems..." Kiara pointed out. "To be able to do that...that would be useful somewhere..." She then turned addressed both. "Right...Cortana, should I get you some proper clothes? Then we can head back up."

Comment

Helios System

Cortana looked over to Kiara and spoke.

"Right. The physical is already done, right? Once this is over, could you lead me to the Archives, or a place where I can transmit the data?", Cortana asked Kiara.

Meanwhile, John was standing in the hallway with Joe, not making a single sound, almost as if he was in a trance. John's mind was in a completely different place. He was thinking about how Cortana would act with this new body. Knowing Cortana, John knew that she would be all over the place, trying to experience everything she could never do before. Not only that, but how would he protect her? When she was inside his head, he didn't have to worry about her getting hurt, but now that she had a body, he knew that he couldn't always be there for her. If that was the case, then he would have to teach her how to fight.
                                Last edited by S121; 10-24-2013, 11:46 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X