Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helios System
    Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

Combat Simulation 1

John looked at the poor woman before him and then to all the bodies around him. As far as John could tell she was the only survivor. She was suffering immensely, but John was not about to kill her. A good soldier never left another man or woman behind. John may have been cold and distant to most people, but despite that, he did something quite unexpected.

"That's not gonna happen.", John said to Christina with a tone of resolve as he pulled out his Biofoam injector and gently removed her from the crystal conduit.

The crystal energy arced and struck his shields, but they took the punishment for him, protecting him from the Aura energy.

As soon as he hoisted her off of the conduit, John held her hand, to take her mind off of him inserting the sterilized needle into her thigh and pumping the life-saving Biofoam into her body. John had knowledge of field medic procedures, and the first thing he needed to do was stabilize her, and thanks to the Biofoam, she would not bleed to death and would feel very little pain from what John was about to do next. There was a large amount of crystallized flesh around the wound, but John didn't need to worry about killing her. After inspecting the wound, John began extracting the crystal from her body, all while checking her condition. Every time blood began to lightly spurt from the removal, the Biofoam would suddenly seal the wound as it became exposed to the air, saving Christina's life each time, all while keeping the pain under control. After a few minutes, all the crystal was removed, and John sprayed more Biofoam into the gaping wound, sealing Christina's torso up.

"How are you feeling?", John asked Christina as he put away his Biofoam injector.

Helios System

Cortana's Custom Simulation

As Mara ans Navarre fought, Navarre inadvertently revealed his fighting style to Cortana.

('You can't die if you don't get hit', huh?), Cortana thought to herself as she continued to observe them fight.

With that phrase in mind, Cortana could easily see that he lived by that phrase through his fighting style, how he weaved past Mara's attacks. There was no doubt in Cortana's mind that Navarre was fast, but there was also no doubt in her mind that she was faster.

(Time for a change in tactics.), Cortana thought as the Gravity Hammer dematerialized in her hands.

A second later, Cortana held her hands out in front of her, and two Energy Sword handles formed in them. She then activated both of them at the same time, eliciting a hiss from the erupting blades.

*PSSSHHH*

At the very instant the blades formed, Cortana's eyes narrowed at Navarre and she quickly darted towards his flank. As soon as she was within range, Cortana quickly sliced towards Navarre's spine at a horizontal angle, all while watching his body and sword for a counterattack.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Manor of Eternity
      The Great Hall

"Wait." Nova stepped up. We could help? How?" Nova said. The Reaper stood back itself, as it wanted almost nothing to do with the war.

Helios System

"Oh, it's just a goddess, nothing too impressive." Mima said. "There's hundreds of them, ya just need to know where to look. But yeah, it would be a nice day I guess. Drinks for all and more importantly, food."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

Even as the biofoam worked, crystals still formed. "Ngh...heh. There's some wounds that can't be healed. Not even time itself can cure Aurora's Curse." She started to laugh weakly as the wounded area continued to crystalize. "Don't waste...your time on me. I'm gone, Chief... Gah!" Christina cringed as a crystal closed off another vein. "Ha...Ha... Just, do me a favor. Don't let me suffer like thi- Ngh! th-...this... Please..."

Manor of Eternity
        The Great Hall

"..." Aetheron turned slowly. "You are bounty hunters, correct? Perhaps I came off the wrong way with you. I need your help finding someone. I had searched for ages for the one who would end the conflict so that our home would be saved." He stood now composed again. "I need you to find a girl that should appear around this time. According to prophecy, she should be in the Nexion system soon..." He then opened the book he carried to a specific page. It had a hand drawn portrait depicting a girl with short silver hair and black dress and blue eyes. He turned the book so that Nova and the Reaper could see.

Spoiler: (something like this)

Helios System
        Pub

"Oh yes, they're everywhere, aye aye." Nero took another sip. "Though how many you know have created an entire Galaxy? Aye, there's the deal. Venturia, both the name of the Galaxy and the Goddess that created it. Of course, she had some help to engineer and plan it out...but this entire galaxy is artificial. It wasn't created by normal means, aye? Aye, There was this race of ancients... they and the Goddess Venturia made this galaxy..." He then examined his wine. "Imagine...what it would be like to have that power...the power to create an entire Galaxy..."
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-21-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

John could see that most of the pain was gone from Christina, but she was still dying. Her body was still crystalizing and was slowly overpowering the Biofoam's painkillers.

"Ngh...heh. There's some wounds that can't be healed. Not even time itself can cure Aurora's Curse."

"Don't waste...your time on me. I'm gone, Chief... Gah!"

"Ha...Ha... Just, do me a favor. Don't let me suffer like thi- Ngh! th-...this... Please..."

John remained silent as he heard Christina's pleas for an end. He didn't want to kill her, but there was truly no other alternative. After a moment, John pulled his M6D Magnum Pistol from his side and looked at her.

"Christina... I'm sorry...", John quietly said to her as he aimed the pistol at her head.

After a moment of complete and utter silence, John swallowed down his hesitation and fired his pistol. A flash lit up the room, and a loud bang echoed throughout the destroyed building, signifying the end Christina's suffering. After taking a second to process the result, John quietly put away his Magnum and turned away from his fallen comrade. John may have been cold and unfeeling when in a normal situation, but he cared greatly for those under his command, and if there was no other way to save Christina, then he would mercifully end her life. John didn't care about what Commander Sullivan told him, he at least held his squad's well-being above his own.

John felt distraught over him having to end his own teammate's life, but he swallowed it down and continued to search for survivors, looking at his radar for anyone that might have still been alive.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"Well I know someone who would one up that, if I remember correctly." Mima sipped her drink. "Her name's Shinki, created an entire goddamn universe and every living being in it by herself."

Manor of Eternity
            The Great Hall

"I'll help you, but I don't believe in that prophecy crap or whatever, just don't drag me into that stuff. I do need some information if I am to carry out this though, like a name, for starters.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Manor of Eternity
              The Great Hall

"...A name I cannot provide as there is no mention of it. However I know she is a descendent of Luna, one of the Guardians of Time. The former Empress of Venturia, Lady Avonna, is familiar with a certain aspect of lore that I am not." He paced slightly. "However, she hides any information from me, and will refuse to aid me outright. If you can find a way to get the information I seek without affecting Lady Avonna, then you would have done me a great service. However, No harm must befall her. She is pivotal in the course of events yet to come."

Helios System

Pub

"...really now?" Nero suddenly became interested. "You saying there is one that could be more powerful? Hmmm..." He turned back to his wine. "Fascinating..."

Helios System
              Combat Simulation 1

Aion turned at the sound of the gunshot then looked back to Revere. "Ha...you missed one." He sneered.
              "Did I?" Revere lifted his blade and grabbed Aion by the collar, lifting him off the ground. "You're mistaken. I don't miss anyone." His red eyes shone as Aion struggled in his grip. "You will be dead, Aion, in 3...2..."
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-22-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Manor of Eternity
                The Great Hall

Nova sighed.

"Okay, fine, i'll try to come by the info, I have a few sources. Now, once we find this person, what do we tell them or do with them? Telling 'er that she's supposed to be the savior of the galaxy or somethin' may not be the best plan, as she could simply think i'm crazy and run." Nova said.

Helios System

"Yeah. I fought her once since she was letting her demons take a vacation to Gensokyo, which caused a bit of chaos. I actually won that fight. Best battle I ever had.
                Last edited by Koishi; 12-22-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

When John looked at his radar, he saw two dots on his radar, only one dot was different from the other. Instead of being yellow, the second dot on John's radar was red. Not only that, but it was right on top of the yellow dot. If John's was right, then there was still a battle going on. Reacting quickly, John pulled out his pistol, moved out from the building and saw what it was. Before John's eyes was Revere, holding up Aion and getting ready to impale him. In response to the sudden shock, John's eyes dilated, his heart beat faster, and his body released adrenaline as time slowed down. John was in Spartan Time. Reacting with the reflexes of a superhuman, John whipped his gun out in front of him and shot at Revere's hand, aiming perfectly as he did so.
                  sigpic

Comment

Helios System
                    Combat Simulation 1

"...1..." Revere shifted Aion's body slightly by pulling him in so that he would take the bullet. "...0."
                    The shot ripped through Aion, the sudden pain registered on his face. Revere dropped Aion's paralyzed form and pulled out a small gun-like device and shot a tiny little device at John's feet. It gave off a slight beacon signal. A second later, the sound of more massive Cruiser shots could be heard raining down on the area where John was. Revere didn't even shift his gaze to him.

Helios System
                    Pub

"You beat her?" Nero smiled slightly. "That explains it then..."

Manor of Eternity
                    The Great Hall

Aetheron paused for a moment before speaking. "...tell her that Luna is looking for her." He looked the two over once more. "I suppose it is time to send you back, you were busy. But I hope you understand in time that It was necessary."
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-22-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Helios System

"Explains what? How I stopped her tourism plans?" Mima asked.

Manor of Eternity
                      The Great Hall

"Yes, it's fine. But before I do this, me and Reaper have to stop a man who's killed thousands of people." Nova explained.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

John didn't know why Revere was able to react faster than a bullet, but before he could register Aion being shot, his train of thought was taken away from Aion and Revere when he noticed the small device at his feet. John's mind surged with possible uses for such a device. It could have been a bomb, but it was impractical for Revere to use such a weapon. That was when John realized what the weapon was. On his radar, a small blue pulse was flashing right in front of his yellow dot, meaning that the device was a homing beacon. John knew only one weapon that would need a homing beacon, and it was one that was used to call in air strikes. John looked up in the sky, only to be greeted by large balls of Aura energy ripping towards him. John's shields were still at 400%, but he had no idea how much damage the airstrike would do to them. Reacting quickly, John sprinted straight for Revere and fired off a barrage of armor piercing, high-explosive rounds, all while he readied himself for Revere to retaliate.
                        Last edited by S121; 12-22-2013, 11:22 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Helios System
                          Combat Simulation 1

A slight turn. Revere stepped as soon as John began to pull the trigger. The bullets passed Revere by. He closed his eyes and waited for John to come within arm's reach, beginning to lift his right hand towards John slowly.

Helios System

Pub

"Oh nothing, just something Cicero had mentioned a while back. He sai-" Before he could continue, his communicator beeped. "...Eh? Something's up...C'mon, let's head back up." Nero began to get up but fell flat on his face on the ground. "Guh!"

Manor of Eternity
                          The Great Hall

Aetheron nodded and walked up to the two with three medallions with the same sun and moon emblem that was on the book he held. "Take these. They will help you in identifying the girl. They're similar to what you call grenades. Align the center piece so that the dark blue central gem matches the dark blue rays and it will be armed. if you throw it, when it impacts it will burst into a field of disrupted time. the one who throws it will be unaffected, but anyone else within a twenty meter radius will be frozen in time. The girl should not be affected by this." He then handed the golden medallions with the amber and sapphire colored gems to Nova and Reaper, one to each and the third to Nova.
                          Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-23-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

John saw that Revere was turning his arm towards him and quickly stopped, sending pebbles flying out in front of him. He knew that Revere knew certain parts of the future, which meant that he would try to counter whatever John did. If that was the case, then he would have to perform actions that would be uncounterable, ones that would remove Revere's strength. As the airstrike landed far behind John, he quickly pulled out his MA5D Assault Rifle. With this gun, it wouldn't matter how quickly Revere could move. As long as John placed down a hail of gunfire in the right patterns, Revere would get hit, especially with what John had planned. With that in mind, John laid down a hail of gunfire and quickly moved the gun about as he did so, making a complex pattern out of his bullets as he kept his M6D Magnum Pistol at the ready. The bullets raced towards Revere and the surrounding area, severely limiting his choices.
                            sigpic

Comment

Helios System
                              Combat Simulation 1

A Snap of his fingers and a burst of red and black energy.
                              A dark, semi transparent barrier erupted in front of Revere. The bullets passed through it and then him, as though phasing through a different time.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

Still in Spartan Time, and still staring down Revere, John quickly stopped firing and tossed his pistol in the air as he flipped the magazine release switch on the gun, causing the clip to slide out and fly away from the airborne gun. As soon as it left his hand, John reloaded his MA5D Assault Rifle so quickly that his arm seemed to be a blur and before the Assault Rifle's discharged clip even made it a quarter of the way to the ground, it was already reloaded. As the M6D Magnum Pistol came back down, John grabbed a fresh clip for it, lightly tossed it in the air, and before it could reach it's peak before falling back down, John grabbed his Magnum and snapped the gun downward, forcing the magazine to slide into place and lock itself into the gun, with fresh clips in each gun, John was ready to fight. John now waited for Revere to disengage his phasing ability. As soon as it would deactivate, John would spring into action.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X