Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helios System
    Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

Cortana's Custom Simulation

Cortana jumped back and lunged forward with her fist, as if the had an energy sword in her hand, striking Mara in the chest.

"I admit that I'm at a disadvantage in a chip, but that's why I have John. He protects me when I can't protect myself, and I protect him when he can't protect himself. We protect each other. To be honest, I didn't think I was going to survive the Gravemind's attacks. I didn't expect him to come back for me, but against statistically impossible odds, he did. He killed countless Flood-forms that could have easily killed him with two swipes of their arms. He refused to leave me, even when I told him that I was damaged and that so many things were wrong and out of place. Believe me when I say this, no matter the odds, John will find me. I completely trust John, and even if he couldn't make it to me, then I could at least rest easy knowing that he's safe.", Cortana said to Mara as she kept her distance, waiting to read another one of Mara's attacks.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Helios System

Mara stumbled back with pain on her chest and got back dealing precise punches on nervious points of Cortana

"So the impossible soldier can do almost anything, but what if he goes against you? what would you do if you have to kill him? would you have the heart to take his soul out of the world of the living?" she said going for a punch to the jaw

"And What if you could lose your mind because of that rampancy again? would you let your now solid body to go berzerk destroying everything? killing anyone who gets on your line of view? would John have the strength to actually kill your soul if he had no choice to?
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Helios System

Mara's words distracted Cortana and the punch landed against Cortana's jaw as she jumped back, preventing another attack from hitting her.

"Then you don't know John. He wouldn't do something like that. He would never go insane and attack everybody.", Cortana said with slight tension in her voice.

"I already went through Rampancy, and I did not once go into a murderous rampage. I am better than that, and even if I got close to that point, I would stop myself before he would need to stop me.", Cortana said as she focused hard on Mara, giving the appearance that Cortana's gaze was piercing into Mara's soul.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"Ah... This is a curious development!" Suddenly Commander Sullivan with his hands behind his back walked into the room of the simulation with them. "You two are gifted, indeed. I've been watching your little spar here and think that you two are more than capable for combat. Though it is to be expected with such augmentations. The reason I've stepped in is because that last question...There is a special simulation just for that question. Once the Hunters and John have finished their Combat Simulation then you two could join them in that Scenario Simulation. In the meantime, you can continue with your sparring match." He then bowed and stepped out but waited for a response before he would vanish from the simulation.

Sol Inceneron
          Inopia - Temple of the Lost

"Ha...nah...I'm tougher than that..." Dalia chuckled to herself. "I just need to rest. Though you should get going before the Demonarc wakes up. You need to get your ship out of here before then. Don't worry about me." She smiled as she said this. "Go...Go find the truth for both of us. And you know what I'm talking about."

Helios System

Pub

"Heh..." Nero smiled again and shrugged. "Alright if ya say so. Anyway, we're here. This is the Pub." After weaving through the Spin and corridors of the main ship, they entered a section that had a mellow atmosphere. The Pub looked like a typical bar. It had booths along the one wall and an incredibly long bar on the opposite side with multiple Bartenders behind it. There was a large crowd of Irians in the Pub at that time with a few humans and the occasional Vatian.

Between Dimensions
          Alternate Reality - Abandoned House

"It escapes you, doesn't it? The point? The reason?" Cicero stepped into the room. "Tell me. Despite everything you know, what do you see?" He turned to look at the mirror. "Tell me what you see in the mirror?"

Helios System
          Zephyr-Old Continents-Ancient Nasod Palace-Chamber Hallway

"Oh yes, the war is over, indeed." Cicero glanced back almost distractedly as though walking forward was taking up most of his attention. "But alas...the War of Eterntiy has begun afterwards. Of course that is a war that involves all of the Galaxy. Tragic...Humans always start something. Oh they could be deemed a curse to the universe! Yet they are a blessing. A true paradox...It will be Humans that shall be the end of us all, Yet Humans shall be the Venturians' saviors...A shame that the Venturians cannot save themselves...or can they? Ah that is the question! Is it the Humans that shall save the Venturians, or shall they save themselves? Or is it the Humans that shall, no matter what occurs, still be the ultimate enemy of the Venturians? Ah...curiosities of life!" He then closed his eyes when he heard Hajime's shouting. "And right...on...schedule." Cicero snapped his fingers and Hajime landed face first on the ground in front of them. "Ah...sorry about that, old chap! Life Hacker abilities only go so far..."
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-26-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Helios System

Cortana was about to continue fighting, but seeing how their match was interrupted, it couldn't hurt to get some information.

"What scenario?", Cortana asked Commander Sullivan in a curious tone.
            sigpic

Comment

Helios System

"The very scenario that was just asked. Of course..." Sullivan turned back to look at the two. "A bit more realistic as in the simulation your memories will be modified so that it would be authentic."

Comment

Helios System

The entire test seemed odd to Cortana. What exactly were they trying to test by creating that particular simulation?

"What will the test measure? You don't strike me as the kind of person to authorize a test like that for laughs, so there has to be a reason why.", Cortana calmly said, curious about this new test.
                sigpic

Comment

Helios System

He will surely use our memories to make us face our biggest fears or traumas, we have seen many things and some are locked deep within our minds. A test to face those closet bones would show how emotionaly strong we are" Mara said and then got close to Cortana

"Similar with what I was trying with you, you reacted to some of the things I asked and Im glad that you reacted, your soul is indeed of a living being"
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Between Dimensions

The Operator's eyes narrowed. Indeed, the point of this simulation eludes me. I see no relevant information relating to the Shards of Sunlight in the immediate environment. There is little point in debating possibilities of my childhood. I will state my objective one last time. I am to find and report any intelligence related to the Shards of Sunlight to my superiors. I do not reflect upon the past, nor will I look to the future. I exist only to fulfil my orders. If you have no information to divulge, release me and I will continue on my way.

Her hand rested loosely on her sidearm.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

"Hostile Armored Infantry has just hijacked one of our tanks in the West Sector!" A gunner of one of the Gunships patrolling the air above yelled out over the communication channels.
                      "What??? How is that..." The pilot tried to look down at the scene below. "Sh*t! Are there any friendlies near it?"
                      "No, they scattered to safety when the tower fell!"
                      "...good. All Aerial Units! Begin bombardment of area N-17! Destroy that Hostile!"
                      "Roger"
                      As the Gunships circled slowly the airspace above the battle on the ground, they began to fire explosive rounds towards the tank John was in. One round per ten seconds from each of the five Gunships rained down.

Aion had heard the commotion on the west side as he seemed to stare at the soldier he held his blade to. When the tower fell, he felt the attention of everyone shift. That's when he made his move.
                      "Good Night." Aion took the gunblade and pulled the trigger. Blood splattered his face and clothes.
                      As fast as thought, he charged from the corpse straight to a Tank.
                      To Aion, time seemed to have slowed. He was running straight at the barrel.
                      His instinct told him the Tank was about to fire.
                      He kept running towards it.
                      In his slowed perspective, he watched the energy form in the cannon of the tank.
                      He kept running.
                      The energy began to reach the muzzle.
                      He kept running, but now he began to dive forward to a roll.
                      An explosive energy round flew out the turret.
                      Aion had ducked down to about 2 feet, he rolled forward.
                      The round flew towards where he was.
                      His feet were on the ground as he rolled forward.
                      He felt the energy rush over him.
                      Aion lunged forward and focused his shields behind him, letting the shockwave of the round's impact propel him both up and forward.
                      "HYYYYAAAAAH!" Slowing his forward moment by sliding forward with his legs bent in such a manner that once he reached the front of the tank, he sprung upwards with his gunblade in his left hand, swinging upwards. In one clean motion he cut the end of the tank's cannon lean off and then landed on top of the tank thrusting his sword into it. Then, gripping the blade in both hands and putting more energy into it, he began to cut an opening into the armor. Shield energy and hot metal sparked from Aion's sword. His eyes burned with Blood Rage. His killer instincts clouded his judgment as his mind began to slip into wanting to kill the NGO soldiers within. His teeth clenched as his muscles tensed with tearing into the tank.
                      One
                      Stab
                      Two
                      Stab
                      Three
                      Stab
                      Four cuts and the metal gave way.
                      Aion followed through and pulled out a grenade and pulled the pin and threw it in as the shields regenerated.
                      He jumped off the tank and began walking towards the next, concentrating the blood rage, using the blood rage. His focus widened once more.
                      As he walked, the tank behind him exploded into a massive fireball once the grenade detonated. Flaming metal shrapnel fell behind him.

Helios System

"Close..." Sullivan said to Mara. "Very close. To tell you the true purpose would be to ruin the understanding derived from it. You will see in time." And with that Lieutenant Navarre entered the simulation. "In the meantime, let's see how you two work as a team? My Lieutenant will aid in this." He nodded to Navarre who responded with a nod back before he left the simulation. Navarre then drew his sword, a pure energy rapier. The double edged blade itself was narrow and began to broaden close to the hilt. The crosstree went up towards it with a central metal piece being the origin of the sword. The energy that formed the blade was a royal gold in color and the handle pure white.
                      "This rapier is the mark of a Royal Guard to her lady, Avonna. I once served as her personal guard. As such, I have trained relentlessly to protect her, and from that training, I have earned the title of sword master. Now, I shall evaluate your skill." He then took up a defensive stance with his sword held with his left hand and stood sideways so that his left side faced the two. "Enguarde!"

Between Dimensions

"You seek the Shards of Starlight, yet..." Cicero shook his head. "If you continue to look for them in that manner, you will fail miserably. You can search for eons...but you will fail. I'm giving you the answer on a silver platter, yet you are too blind to see it." He smiled wryly. "Look in the mirror. What do you see?"
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-26-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Sol Inceneron

Nhiome hesitated then nodded. He turned back around and continued on the path he had been on before. Not only physically, but metaphorically, he had already made his choice, he could not turn back now.

I have been on my own too long, I no longer have the social skills for casual interactions with people. These interactions are difficult...for how would one plan in advance for a conversation with a person you know nothing about. At least I know in general how those traders I get my resources from would react to certain things. On the other hand, for a person I know nothing about, I can only rely on guesswork. Never mind, what am I thinking, I muse too much, just quiet down and continue on.

Nhiome gave a nearly imperceptible shake of his head, then headed on back towards his ship.
                        How many times can you die a day~?
                        How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Helios System

Mima floated over to the bar, and to the best extent, "sat" on the stool.

Nexion System
                          Sedes Imperii

After an hour, they arrived at the orbit of Sedes Imperii. Luckily, the Reaper raised it's cloak before they entered the system, and due to his reputation, it probably would've been shot down on sight. Nova didn't need to do such things, but set an orbit going around the planet.

"We're here." Nova said over their private comm channel. "I'll see if I can pinpoint somewhere where we can warp down in a more private setting. Nova punched in some commands on her console, and then, the two teleported down onto the roof of a building. On the side of the planet they were on, it was night, Nova's visor glowing, and the Reaper's eyes too.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Sol Inceneron

Nhiome followed the winding passage up to a dead end. but there were cracks that faintly emitted light; the light of the main hall.

Helios System

Pub

Nero took a seat next to Mima and let out a sigh for seemingly no reason. "You know...I don't even remember the last time I was here..."

Nexion System
                            Sedes Imperii

"Welcome." A man behind the two was standing with a silver cloak billowing lightly, revealing the ceremonial armor underneath. He wore a silver ornate mask covering his eyes. The ethereal light from the Nebula-like planet played on the city walls and thus on the man's cloak.
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-26-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

John always knew that the tank he was in was going to be destroyed. That was his plan the entire time. As the tank's shields lowered from the intense blasts, John got out of the driver's seat and Armorlocked right in the middle of the tank. The gunships' rounds shredded through the tank's armor, blowing up on the inside and reducing the interior to little more than scrap. As the rounds shredded through the tank, John knew what was going to happen next. Just as planned, the tank exploded with John inside of it. Once the Gunships ceased their fire, John turned off his Armorlock and waited for his shields to charge. It was clear that the Gunships would think that he was dead, but he needed a way to board one of the gunships. he knew that they were not going to fly in close to the tank unless he gave them a reason to.

Now that John's shields were at full power, John readied himself for the task of baiting one of the gunships. After reloading his pistol, John jumped out of the tank's hatch and opened fire on one of the gunships. After firing three shots, John sprinted towards the nearby fallen tower and hid amongst the rubble. The gunships would be forced to look for him, and they would most definitely be flying low. A normal human wouldn't be able to jump to their altitude, but John would be capable of it. Even if he wasn't, he always had his thrusters. All John had to do now was wait for a gunship to get close to him.

Helios System

"Well you're already going to modify our memories. It's not like we'll remember what you said during the simulation. Is it really that much of a secret?", Cortana asked as she slightly tilted her head to the side.

After a couple of seconds, a Covenant Gravity Hammer materialized in Cortana's hands. Cortana had hacked into the simulation before she even finished her sentence, and allowed herself a weapon to make the fight a little more fair.

"You don't mind if I equip myself, do you?", Cortana asked Navarre.
                              Last edited by S121; 11-26-2013, 11:47 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Between Dimensions

The Operator paused. I see my reflection, and the rest of the room. Some details are indistinct because of the smudges on it, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X