Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manor of Eternity
    The Great Hall

Are they one use or rechargable?" Nova asked.

Helios System
    Delta Division Flagship | Excalibur

Before he fully fell on the ground, Mima caught him with an outstreched arm.

"Easy there, fella. You drank quite a bit and I have a feeling you're more than a little drunk." Mima said, pulling him up and allowing him to lean on Mima for a bit.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Manor of Eternity
      The Great Hall

"Single use. The ability to manipulate the flow of time in such a manner is taxing upon anything. It will break when the energy is released." Aetheron explained. "I gave you three, one to help you with your own task, another to find the girl, and the third is just in case..."

Helios System

Pub

Nero rested on her slightly. "Aye, At least It'll be just a while until I'm back to normal. One residual perk from being what I was." Glancing over he chuckled. "Let's go back to the study."

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

The dark barrier that protected Revere expanded instantly and engulfed John, freezing him in time. However, Revere moved towards him and grabbed John by the head with his right hand before the time disruption dissipated. The same instant, a surge of the strange dark Aura energy surged through John's AETHER Suit, disabling it and paralyzing John. "Wake Up." Then a swift motion Revere drew his sabre and thrust it through John's helmet.

Simulation Terminated.

Everyone started to get out of the simulation terminal, startled somewhat by what just happened.

"By the goddess...what the hell was that?!" Joe said as he clutched his abdomen. He was experiencing ghost pain from the simulation, where he was stabbed. Others were shaking slightly. "Seriously, what was that??"

Comment

Helios System

Combat Simulation 1

Instead of being shaken up by the encounter, John was somewhat annoyed, even angry at how unstable and primitive this timeline's technology was. The shielding systems of the ships were vastly inferior in his eyes, and their technology to create simulations was dangerous at best. It was a wonder anything remained stable for the first five minutes of the simulation. Despite the pain in John's eyeball, John simply shrugged it off.

"Unstable simulation made from unstable technology. I expected better.", John said to the others without emotion.

John was usually calm and spoke very little, but if there was one thing he didn't like, it was losing, especially when he thought he was cheated.
        Last edited by S121; 12-26-2013, 12:27 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Manor of Eternity
          The Great Hall

"Okay then." Nova simply replied. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a mission to complete."

Helios System

"Hmph. Okay then, if you can walk on your own, walk." Mima said, her ghost tail swaying and propelling her forward.
          Last edited by Koishi; 12-26-2013, 04:25 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Sol Inceneron
            Nhiome's base

Nhiome woke after a 12-hour long nap. He ran a check on his base and the ships, fixing the few small problems that sprang up from time to time. He then had a hurried meal, then piloted NatsuKaze towards Werban. He set the ship on autopilot, then relaxed in his chair, keeping an eye on his surroundings. He was still tired after the recent excitement, but he was sufficiently rested now to manage the menial task of finding a broker and checking for possible targets. After all, he needed information before he could start planning a raid.
            How many times can you die a day~?
            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Helios System
              Cortana's Custom Simulation

Navarre twisted around, about to answer Mara's attack with his own, when the simulation ended.

Helios System

Simulation Terminal

"Forgive me, but I needed my lieutenant." Sullivan said to Mara and Cortana. "And this is something you two should see." He then walked over to the terminal where Aion, Joe, John, and the other Hunters were.

"Aye, and how advanced was your tech?" Eric snapped. "Besides, what the heck you talking about? There was nothing unstable about that!"
              "Peace matey." Ian said. "My question is, who's memory did we enter?"
              Aion was nearby, listening but resting against a terminal, head low as he tried to process what happened and why he wasn't feeling any pain.
              "An interesting simulation." Commander Sullivan walked over. "It's rare to see such a scenario where a memory overpowers the simulation and changes it to the memory."
              Ian then spoke up again. "Aye, but whose? None of us ever encountered a situation like that..."

Manor of Eternity
              The Great Hall

Aetheron nodded and sigils rings formed on the floor below Reaper and Nova and light began to gather around them. "Then I will send you back to where you were. Godspeed."
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-26-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Helios System

Simulation Terminal

After Eric spoke, John looked over at Eric with an intense stare that would unnerve even a trained soldier.

"In my timeline, our simulations are not able to be compromised by a person's memory. In my timeline, shield systems don't take ten minutes to fully charge, they took a couple seconds. In my timeline, our power circuits don't slowly and painfully kill people by crystallizing them. If a simulation can suddenly be altered by a person's memories on the inside, then it is unstable. Our tech never did that, and we had the exact same features as yours.", John said to Eric in an emotionless tone as his unnaturally blue eyes stared into Eric, as if he was burning holes in him with his gaze.

Helios System

Simulation Terminal

Cortana rubbed her eyes as she sat up and out of the pod.

"Forgive me, but I needed my lieutenant. It's rare to see such a scenario where a memory overpowers the simulation and changes it to the memory.", Commander Sullivan said to Cortana and Mara.

"What happened?", Cortana asked Commander Sullivan in a curious tone as she followed him to John and the others.

Cortana had never heard of anyone being able to tamper with a simulation even by memory. The only way she could alter her simulation was because she was an AI.
                Last edited by S121; 12-26-2013, 02:07 PM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Naxion System
                  Sedes Imperii

The two were dropped back where they were, and the Reaper went on as if nothing ever happened.

"If we're going to find him, then let's not waste any more time." The Reaper leapt down onto a maintenance walkway, Nova following, and the two sprinted down the walkways.

Sol Incineron
                  Videc

Deimos pulled out a device, attaching it to the drill-like device, siphoning data from it. Deimos lit a cigarette, and even though he technically didn't have a mouth, he was still able to smoke it, lighting it with his finger.

Comment

Helios System
                    Simulation Terminal

Mara only spoke about her theory "Whoever´s memory got into the simulation must have had a powerful emotional strike and looking at how everyone is reacting, such glitch was caused by a trigger"

The bioroid sighed and continued "You might want to check on your people´s history records to find any coincidence with the simulation´s event" she talked to Sullivan
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Helios System
                      Simulation Terminal 1

"Where you see a flaw, we see a breakthrough." Commander Sullivan had led the two women and Navarre to the other terminal and addressed John. "Despite Revere being a former member of the Strike Fighters and serving under me, we knew little of what he was and now is capable of."
                      Navarre glanced at his commander and whispered his question to him. "A memory surfaced with his abilities?"
                      "Indeed..." Sullivan responded to Navarre's question and then looked in Aion's direction before continuing speaking. "This was helpful insight, surely you can see that now?"
                      "Sure, but it doesn't explain...there were only us Hunters and Chief in that simulation. None of us ever reported in any of their logs anything like that so called memory." Joe noted.
                      "Perhaps, but a memory is like a fragment of life. There is more to it than meets the eye. Perhaps it was a blood memory? A memory from a past life? Ah there are possibilities...the question is what is the right answer?" Sullivan then smiled and turned.
                      Aion heard what was said and looked up with his continued look of disbelief from what had happened. He was still in the back of the group behind the terminal.
                      "Anyway, we shou-"

ALERT - APPROACHING SHIPS - ALPHA DIVISION IMBOUND

The announcement interrupted the commander's train of thought. "Hmm? Curious..."
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-02-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Helios System
                        Zephyr-Old Continents-Ancient Nasod Palace-Chamber Hallway

As Hajime was falling he saw two figures below. The guy with the bandanna, and some other person down there as well... however he did not think anything of it as he kept falling. Suddenly though out of nowhere he found himself falling face first onto the ground in front of Eve and Cicero. At first Eve stepped back as Hajime crashed into the ground quite painfully. A few minutes later Hajime slowly sat up and rubbed his forehead. Hajime looked around as his gaze stopped on not Cicero... but Eve...

Eve on first sight of Hajime was a bit hesitant to say anything, and slowly backed away as Hajime stood up. It was as though Eve was a bit afraid of Hajime... in fact she has been quite nervous a bit ever since she first woke up.

Hajime and Eve's eyes locked as they examined each other from a safe distance. Waiting for the other to say or do something... they had immediately, if not completely forgot all about Cicero.

Comment

Helios System

After a while, the study was in view, and Mima was simply waiting for Nero to catch up.

"Here we are." Mima said.

Comment

Helios System

Simulation Terminal 1

As soon as the alarm went off, John grabbed his helmet and placed it over his head.

"Are they hostile?", John calmly asked Commander Sullivan as he stood up out of the capsule.
                            sigpic

Comment

Helios System
                              Zephyr-Old Continents-Ancient Nasod Palace-Chamber Hallway

Cicero looked from Hajime to Eve and back. "Well! If both of you are done staring at each other's merchandise... AHEM~ Hajime, meet Eve. Eve, meet Hajime. Now, we have an apocalypse to stop! This way, if ye would~ There's a shrine nearby we need to take a gander at..."

Helios System

Study

"Back from the pub?" Cicero was standing in the doorway. "Surely you've heard the announcement? Things are going to crazy here in the Spine. How you feeling?"

Simulation Terminals

"...Alpha Division...that's the sister division to Delta. They're the elite of the Strike Fighters...It's strange that they're here in Helios System." Aion spoke up. "...Something's wrong here. They're assigned to Nexion and Venion System."

"Correct. It seems I will be needed back at the Bridge. If you would excuse me..." He then turned and headed for the lift that connected to the main hall to the Bridge of the Ship. Navarre nodded farewell to the others and followed.

Kiara then spoke when the commanding officers left. "If Alpha division is here...Something is up. C'mon! I know a place we can listen in to figure out what's going on..."

--~~ End | Chapter 5 ~~--

Begin

--~~ Chapter 6 | Where the Divides Lie ~~--
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-03-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Helios System

"Oh, it's you. And no, I didn't hear any announcement." Mima said.

Sol Incineron
                                Videc

After a few minutes, Deimos pulled the device out, and the machine began to rumble.

"Bloody hell." Deimos muttered as her began to run. The drill was starting up, driling into the planet's fragile core. The entire planet began to shake.

Nexion System
                                Sedes Imperii

The two eventually came to a ladder up to the main area for pedestrians, the two climbing and somewhat blending in with the passing crowd, though they could be picked out if someone knew what they looked like.

"Just go with the flow. My contact's up ahead." Nova said to Reaper.

The Reaper simply grumbled.

Comment

Working...
                                X