X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bamboo Forest of the Lost

"You're a cheeky bugger." Mystia grinned. "Fine, I'll tell you, if you are oh so curious. I'm worried about what Wriggle told me about the relationship between humans and Youkai."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Flandre's Chamber

Flandre watched Patchouli quietly with her big puppy dog eyes, looking almost entranced by the concept of someone reading a story to her.

Ancient City

Orin walked through the streets of Old Hell, going towards a little place tucked in a corner of the city where you could get the best frozen treats.

"Wriggle, ey? Like this Wriggle?" Nue then seemingly transformed into a perfect copy of Wriggle, even matching her voice. "Or am I thinking of another?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Flandre's Chamber - Scarlet Devil Mansion

"To say that the room was extravagant was an understatement," Patchouli read, already at the midpoint of the book. She made sure to hold the book at an angle so Flandre could see the words and pictures. "Gold and silver greeted the archaeologist as he stepped inside. Emeralds lined the ornate, gilded pots while rubies and sapphires filled indents and niches in furniture. Piles of gold coins were scattered here and there, relics tossed about like mere confetti by some unknown force, possibly the one who had gathered such a haul in the first place. And, as Rick turned his gaze to the back of the room, he noticed the lavish throne of the one who had amassed this great fortune. His eyes lit up in wonder at seeing such ancient treasures, and he took a step forward to reach the golden throne."

Patchouli stopped then and there to take a glance at Flandre. She had stuck with her through the introduction, listened to the in-depth explanations, and had even paid attention to the dialogue, if her changing facial expressions were any indication (she didn't seem to enjoy the Russians, so her moral compass wasn't as skewed as Patchouli thought). The mage was surprised that Flandre was listening to begin with, but she figured that when the story was intriguing and magical enough, anyone could be charmed with curiosity. It was almost endearing to see Flandre looking so wide-eyed.

But... The mage couldn't help but ask a question. She had been so wrapped up in the story herself...

"Flandre... Do you know how to read?"

Comment

The Ancient City

Yuugi looked at the mansion were many animals could be heard "Yup, that is the mansion of the satori, they enjoy having their silence, you may have heard of their mind reading and subconscious reading abilities so they try to stay away from crowds, they would get heavy headaches because of it" she explained as they were heading to the power plant

And here it is, our dear crow´s place of work, careful with any sudden magma geyser, they can be rather explosive, just a suggestion" the oni said pointing at the magma rivers
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Flandre's Chamber

"Well, um, maybe a little." Flandre looked a bit nervous.

"Well, okay, I really don't." Flandre said in a solem tone. "No one ever taught me. I just know what words mean, I don't really know what the words really look like though."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Hell of Blazing Fires

After flying up into the air, Utsuho began to unleash a barrage of energy from her Third Leg, into the star floating in the center of the Hell of Blazing Fires, quickly heating up the surrounding area. The blazing star was almost blinding to look at, but thanks to Utsuho's gift, she was not blinded by her star's light. The heat from the star surged forth in every direction, causing the magma below to bubble even more and very noticeable heatwaves to form along almost every surface in the Hell of Blazing Fires. As soon as the Hell of Blazing Fires reached a suitable level, Utsuho aimed her Third Leg at the miniature star and absorbed some of its energy, lowering the temperature to a safe, sustainable level.

"And that should do it.", Utsuho cheerfully remarked as she admired the beautiful shining ball of solar fire in front of her.
              Last edited by S121; 11-20-2013, 11:26 PM.
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Patchouli blinked. How could Flandre be illiterate? She seemed to be such a bright girl, if not naive. Did Remilia know about this, and if she did, how did she never bring this up? Patchouli shook her head. She never did ask before if Flandre was illiterate, so it was not entirely the pink vampire's fault. Besides, the fear of Flandre would be enough to keep potential teachers away.

"I could teach you to read, Flandre," Patchouli offered. She patted her book to make her point. "I have no projects to take care of, so I can spare time for you. Would you like me to teach you?"

Comment

"Yeah, like that Wriggle." Mystia answered passively, then looked at Wriggle-Nue again. "Wait, did you learn to change into people from Mamizou? I thought you could only turn things into something unknown?"
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

"Bit of a misconception there." Nue said, turning back into her normal self. "See, Nue such as myself don't really have a true form. Shapeshifters and such. I can turn into anything I want, or at least look like anything I want. Even if it was like ouy said, you have to consider most of the population of the world don't know about youkai, thus them being unknown would actually be somewhat logical." Nue said.

"I'm going a bit off track. Back to the note about what your friend said., what about humans and youkai was she talking about?" Nue asked.

Flandre's Chamber

"You could teach me? That'd be wonderful!" Flandre said excitedly.

Hell of Blazing Fires

Orin eventually returned, Orin herself having a cherry snowcone, while the other one was under a little piece of napkin.

"Okuu, i'm back." Orin called out.

Comment

"One of the greatest tragedies in life is not being able to read," Patchouli said to Flandre. She looked back to the book and nodded. "I would be... Happy to teach you how to read. I can return tomorrow with suitable material to get you started, and perhaps you can learn on your own when we get far enough in your studies. On another note, I forgot to tell you at first, but Sir Stuffington, your teddy bear, has been found and reclaimed by your sister. I expect her to stop by before the day ends."

Patchouli looked for where she last left off and placed her finger there. She had meant every word that she had said to Flandre. To see that someone was unable to read and experience all that literature had to offer was heartbreaking. How could one learn of the world without reading? How could one be spurred to tears, laughter, and joy by reading if they knew not of how letters operated? Patchouli hoped she could give Flandre a metaphorical key out of her quarters, and perhaps, one day, Flandre would be knowledgeable enough to understand how the world worked as a whole.

"Now, let's return to Mr. Mundy, shall we?"

Comment

Flandre's Chamber

Flandre nodded in an acknowledging fashion and was quiet.

Comment

Scarlet Devil Mansion - Flandre's Chamber

"For Mundy, his adventure was over. He had gone through the Jungles of South America, the ruins of ancient Egypt, the icy caverns of Antarctica and even the savannas of Africa to find the treasure that had eluded his grasp for so many years. He sat down at his desk and looked over the golden scepter with an intense curiosity. As an adventurer, his job was complete. Now, the archeologist within him was whispering sweet nothings, urging him to unlock the secrets of the scepter in front of him. Just where did it come from, he asked himself, and who put it there in Russia? He took a long drag from his cigarette before setting down to figure out the conundrum once and for all."

Patchouli sighed, relieved that the book was finished. In her opinion, it was not the best book to have graced her shelves as its material was questionable and made the most observant of adults skeptical. However, in the eyes of a child or a young adult, it was a masterpiece. Plus, reading through the book had put the mage's mind at ease. This was why she read, to get a glimpse at a world that would never be, but would always exist.

"And so concludes the Adventures of Rick Mundy, Archeologist," Patchouli said. She looked over at Flandre.

Comment

Flandre's Chamber

"That was a good story." Flandre said in an innocent tone. "But what happened to him and the scepter thingy?"

Comment

Youkais these days, Mystia thought. Such confusing abilities. They may as well name their spell cards in Latin or something.

"So, Wriggle told me that I should start working with humans, not against them. But... Youkais aren't supposed to mingle with humans... or am I too old-fashioned?"
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Hell of Blazing Fires

Upon hearing Orin call out for her, Utsuho looked over her shoulder and saw that Orin had returned with her snowcone.

"Ooo~ What'd you get me?", Utsuho asked Orin as she swooped down and landed a couple feet in front of her.
                                Originally posted by S121
                                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X