Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fantastical Touhou RP- IC

A Fantastical Touhou RP- IC

Ancient City

Koishi walked through the lighted streets of the huge underground city. She walked by unnoticed passed the Oni, as they couldn't see her. Not in plain sight, not anywhere. It didn't matter if she wanted to be seen, she just couldn't. Not the fact that it mattered, considering her subconscious didn't care, and thus, she didn't care. She skipped through the streets without a care in the world, humming a tune that not a single person could hear but herself. She didn't knwo it, but it was a tune of sadness, of a broken inner heart.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Voile Library, the Scarlet Devil Mansion

"Mistress?" A hand reached down to nudge a pile of purple robes as it sat at a large desk. "Are you... Sleeping?"

Patchouli Knowledge, the grand keeper of intellect, lifted her head from her book and stared up at her doting familiar through half-closed eyes.

"I was meditating, Koakuma."

"Medi... Oh, forgive me," the familiar whined. When Patchouli didn't bother to reply, Koakuma wavered under the dark glare and set a small tray with tea down in front of her. "I... uh, tea time, mistress..."

"Thank you for interrupting me," Patchouli replied as she sat up in her seat. The lack of emotion in her voice made it hard for the familiar to read, but the message of Patchouli waving her away was clear and concise. "Leave me be."

Koakuma left without another word and returned to her duties. The purple-haired mage sighed and stared at her steaming cup of tea before closing her eyes. Meditation. It is a practice in which an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or as an end in itself. There were those in Gensokyo who utilized meditation to calm their mind, to clear out the problems that troubled them. For them, it was very peaceful, a break from reality not unlike a book was for the reader. Patchouli had recently read a book on meditation and found herself intrigued. If it caught her attention, it was worthy of experimentation.

So far, Patchouli's meditation had not come up with any results. She figured it was because she could not grasp one of the first rules, that being to think about nothing, to free one's mind. No, not to think about nothing, but to think nothing at all. For a grand keeper of intellect to disregard thinking was a challenging task. But Patchouli was undeterred. She took a few deep breaths and clasped her hands together on the desk in front of her, focused on nothing but trying to achieve that sense of inner peace.

Comment

Forest of Magic

Lyrica was floating along, drifting between the trees, in the faint green light cast by the vast foliage. "Hmm...what can I use for some new sounds?" She looked at a small pond and saw some mushrooms, some of which seemed to have been picked. "I must be near where that Ordinary Magician lives...maybe I should head deeper into the forest? Oh! How about the valley? Or maybe that mansion by the lake... Oh where to go..." She looked about as though searching for some divine inspiration on where she should go. "...Am I lost again?"

Comment

Ancient City

Koishi looked around, and eventually, grew bored, as she had a somewhat short attention span. She then saw a nice holed leading to the caves outside the city. There, maybe she could find somehing interesting.

Maybe some youkai infighting, maybe some of those psychadelic mushrooms that grew near the surface, oh, those were always fun. The many possibilities ran through her odd mind, oh, so many choices, and so much time as well.

After a while, Koishi climbed up and went into the outskirts of the city, into the place simply known as The Blowhole.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Outside the cave towards Ancient city

"Geez, I enjoy partying and drink, but even I need some air, atleast we can go outside from time to time" Yuugi said to herself as she walked around the upper land of Gensokyo

The oni was on a walk to see the many people around and probably have some good sparrings with them. Stretching her limbs, the blonde started jogging forwards to see what or who to find

"Im sure I will find something if I keep going, probably a victim of training or an interesting drinking partner"
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

After a while, Patchouli began to believe that meditation was working for her. She heard nothing, felt nothing, and thought of nothing. For a moment, everything was empty. It was just as the books had told, and with the emptiness came a sense of peace. However, the magician couldn't stand to be without her thoughts for long. Her mind drifted to the finer intricacies of meditation and ruined her illusion. She wrinkled her nose and opened her eyes when she came to the conclusion that getting back to that zen state would take too much time now.

Pity, she thought. She was beginning to enjoy her meditation, but alas, she was not known for sitting around doing nothing. She took another deep breath, coughed into her fist, and reached for her teacup. Green tea for sinuses, she observed as she stood up from her seat. There was not much to do at this time, so she aspired to take a small walk through her domain in search of a book. Perhaps a bit of Schrödinger's Cat would entertain her, or maybe an account of a human war would interest her. Humans loved to create just as much as they loved to destroy, she thought to herself as she sipped and walked.

Comment

The Blowhole

Koishi peeked around a corner to see the one horned oni known as Yuugi. Koishi tilted her head slightly and began to follow far behind her, making sure that even if she could be seen, she wouldn't be detected. Though she couldn't be seen, she could mess with her, get some enjoyment out of her confusion. Nothing dangerous, just fun.

She tiptoed around, hiding behind rocks and gathering some pebbles as she went.

Comment

The Blowhole

Yuugi was enjoying her jogging and got bored, so she decided to practice with some boulders that were lying around

"Better this than nothing" the oni said getting near the closest rock and took a calm breath, she calmly closed her fist and punched lightly the bloulder

At first nothing happened, but soon the boulder started cracking and exploded in pieces

"Hm.. guess this rocks are easily brocken" Yuugi said moving to her side evading a big chunk of the remaining piece of the boulder
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"I had almost forgotten how crass the humans of the outer world are with their language," Patchouli mumbled as she thumbed through a trilogy edition of Schrödinger's Cat. "Flying Philadelphia fu... Hmm... An attempt to shock the reader, receding into humor. Good try, Mr. Wilson. Good try."

The mage sat down on a couch in a rest area not too far off from her desk. She placed her tea off to the side and relaxed into the soft cushions as she had done so plenty of times before. A life of solitude and inactivity never once bothered the mage. Her world was in her books and spells, not outside. Occasionally she would venture out and search for something to sate her curiosity for knowledge, but when things were delivered to her on a weekly basis, why make the effort? Why put oneself in harm's way? Only something truly interesting would spur the mage to step foot outside.

Or, something with enough force to move the stubborn mage...

"Unless the cat is a member of the undead legion, how can it be both alive AND dead?" Patchouli mumbled to herself.

Comment

The Blowhole

Luckily, Koishi was at a different rock when Yuugi smashed the other one. She made a mental note to avoid punches whenever possible, and then tossed a rock at the ceiling above Yuugi, causing somewhat sharp pillars of rock to fall.

Comment

The Blowhole

Yuugi heard another crumbling on the cavern and looked up grinning "Oh? a new challenge? bring it on!" she said preparing for the oncoming pillars

The oni waited for the first pillar and evaded as it almost graced her shoulder, then in the same instant she kicked the stone, her geta sandal destroyed the pillar into pieces

Yuugi kept going on the evasion and kicking "It is nice to have a few challenges from time to time" she said with a wide grin

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile Library, SDM

"Is something puzzling to the living library?" came the somewhat childish voice of Remilia Scarlet as she entered the great library. "Or was it just the wind distorting my hearing?"

The Blowhole

Koishi looked around, and then saw one of the cavern's famous glowing mushrooms. She picked it up, and tossed it at Yuugi, hitting her on the back of the head.

Comment

The Blowhole

Yuugi was enjoying her training session until something hit the back of her head "The hell? who threw tha-Wagh!" she stopped as a rock fell on her making some ruckus

Breaking the rock on top of her, the crimsom eyed with a lot of dust on her got up "So someone is playing games with me? come on friend why don´t you show yourself" she said taking some dust away from her dress

Spoiler:

Comment

Genbu Ravine

Nitori was playing in the water when she suddenly remembered something.
                            "Wait... there's a market in the human village today! I shouldn't be wasting time here when there's profit to be made!"
                            She gathered her stuff, activated the rotor blades in her backpack, and started flying down the mountain.

Comment

That childish attitude, that regal demeanor, that unparalleled charisma... They could only belong to one creature alone. Patchouli peered over her book and focused on the small figure approaching her. She wrinkled her nose in disgust at Remilia's childish question, but her eyes lost their dark manner in her presence. Remilia, despite her schemes and irrepressible nature, was a good friend.

"I don't suppose you know any more about quantum mechanics than I do, Remilia. How can one explain that the cat, a prisoner in a box with a flask of poison next to it, can be both alive AND dead?" Patchouli shook her head and lowered her book. "It's a thought experiment. A paradox. The cat being alive and dead... it is a superposition of both states..." She got up from her couch and hugged the book tight against her chest. "But enough talk of hypotheticals. I don't imagine you're here to discuss such things."

Comment

Working...
                              X