Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[IC] Touhou Noire - An AU Touhou RP

Touhou Noire - An Alternate Universe Touhou RP

Story
    It is the year 1923. The genre of music known as jazz is at an all time high and the world had escaped a brutal war only a few years ago. Fashion and culture is massively changing and the world is getting back on its feet from the war. Because of the brutal conflicts, the United States government has enacted a prohibition on the distribution and brewing of alcohol. Anyone caught dealing with the intoxicating mixture would be given a prison sentence or worse for repeat offenders. Because of this, organised crime has increased massively. Those on the inside have turned to smuggling and illegally brewing alcohol while selling it in underground buildings known as Speakeasies. Amongst the organised criminals rose numerous criminal organisations including a collection of them known as the American Mafia. The Mafia were known as being the deadliest and most feared of the organisations at the time and assisted with the illegal alcohol trade as well a whole number of illegal activities.

In the heart of The United States lay two major cities, Gensoka City and Lunaberg. Two cities known for their wide variety of culture, races, and goods. Lunaberg being heralded as one of the biggest goods production cities in all the world and the birthplace of numerous well known inventors and scientists. Gensoka City, being a portside city, has numerous tourists visit it every year for its landmarks and entertainment. But despite all the glory and renown, these two cities have been identified as being among the most crime-riddled and chaotic cities in the entirety of the country. With the presence of the Mafia and various criminal organisations along with the unlawfully high consumption and trade of alcohol, the United States government and the Gensoka Police Department have placed a blockade around the two cities to prevent any living being from entering or leaving the cities.

No-one gets in.
    No-one gets out.
    It is up to you to take the role of one, if not several, of the numerous citizens of these two cities. Will you bring order to Gensoka City and Lunaberg and prove to the authorities that all is not lost? Will you add to the chaos with your criminal actions? Or are you merely an ordinary citizen trying to live through their life amidst all the chaos?

Kagome Street - Gensoka City | Night

It was the middle of the night in Gensoka City. Most of the residents have gone to sleep and are shrugging off the harsh labour filled day with their dreams. The only sounds that could be heard in city were the heavy rain pouring down upon the rooftops and the occasional sounds of cars passing down the streets. Down one of these streets, a black Ford Model T was driving through. The car sped from the far end of the street arriving from the deeper residental areas down towards the centre of the street. The car promptly stopped upon arriving at its destination, an apartment complex. The doors of the Ford quickly opened and out stepped two men in black suits followed by a tall, red haired woman in a green suit. One of the men was holding a violin case while the woman held a briefcase in her left hand. From first glances, these individuals looked like businessmen or even performers and would undoubtedly draw the attention of anyone nearby. But no-one was around to see the three people. The only people that would be around at this time of night would be either criminals, drunkards, or the police on their night shifts. The rain dotted their suits as they stood outside the apartment complex. Tonight was not nice one and it was only going to get much worse. The woman held onto her beret as she and the two men proceeded towards the entrance of the apartment building. The building had at least six or seven floors to it, from what the group could see from the outside. Almost all of the windows had blinds drawn over them and were completely dark, save for a few. The woman looked back down and stared at the sign on the front of the building, making sure that she had arrived at the right place.

Addled Apartments
    Rooms for Rent

This was the place, Addled Apartments. The woman sighed to herself over the name of the place.
    "Who the heck would call their business Addled?" The woman remarked. Her voice had a very strange accent to it. It sounded like a mixture of a chinese and a Chicago accent. Such a voice would be easily recognisable and distinguishable from anyone else. But the woman didn't care. It was merely a thing that people could remember her by. "A name like that makes ya think that the owner was just as addled as their apartments." The woman finished off her remark with a slight chuckle. Jokes aside, the woman had to remind herself of why she was here and what she was doing. A certain fairy in one of these apartments had a large debt and this woman was here to collect it. The woman walked into the entrance of the apartment building and the two men followed her closely.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-02-2014, 03:50 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Midway Ave. - Gensoka City | Night

An avenue ran through Kagome street, among many others. It was primarily used during rush hour, but with the blockade erected around the city, the roads didn't receive near as much activity as they were used to. At this time of night, only a few individual walked the avenue, and they did so with purpose. No lollygaggin'. One such individual neared the corner of Midway and Kagome before stopping near a trash can.

Byakuren, an ambitious detective working for the police force, crouched down to nudge a grizzled vagrant sleeping against the can. The man stirred and awoke to fix the woman with a tired gaze, but it soon turned to haughtiness. His lips parted to reveal yellow teeth, but Byakuren, kind as usual, wasn't bothered. Instead she wiped her nose and rubbed her hands.

"Evenin' missy," the vagrant chuckled.

"Leon," Byakuren replied. "See anything new around lately?"

"Maybe. Who's asking?"

Byakuren produced a few dollars and slipped them into the man's hand.

"The Washington twins. They want to know if there's been any activity."

"Ah, those boys, eh?" Leon rubbed his chin. "Sorry missy, I've only seen a trio of entertainers goin' into an apartment and a few hustlers."

"Noted," Byakuren said as she stood up. "Wildcat still open?"

"Mhmm. Same phrase as always." Byakuren nodded and took off to cross Kagome street. "You take 'er easy, missy."

Take her easy. Byakuren figured those were words to live by. Ever since she became a part of the force, she strived to take care of things with civility and tact, and to take it easy. Here in Gensoka city, however, taking it easy was no easy feat. But the woman tried. She had to, else everything her brother believed in would be lost.

She stopped on the corner of Midway and Kagome, her attention focused on the streets ahead. Prohibition be damned, she could use a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Major Mario; 01-02-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Addled Apartments, Kagome Street - Gensoka City | Night

The three suited people arrived at the reception area of the apartment building. Upon looking around, they saw a reception desk with several files on it. Behind the desk was a place to store apartment keys. It was secured and locked so that people could not steal the keys not that the three people would ever need to steal keys for this apartment complex. The desk was unmanned so it appeared as if the owner or receptionist had turned in for the night. On the opposite wall, beside a stairway, was a board listing all of the people staying at this apartment building. The woman approached the board and looked for the fairy that they were supposed to meet. Eventually, she found the name and the details: Sally Leafwing, Floor 3, Apartment B.
      "Looks like we found our fairy, boys. Come on!" The woman called over to her associates as she walked up the stairs to Sally's apartment.

Eventually, the three made their way to the 3rd floor and approached Sally's apartment door. Strange. The lights were on in her apartment. Was she expecting them? Or was it that Sally was staying up late? The woman didn't care. It was a good thing that she was awake. It just meant that they wouldn't be delayed in their proceedings. The woman knocked on the door three times.
      "Sally, open up! We're here for the money." The woman shouted while knocking on the door.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Wildcat Bar - Midway Ave. - Gensoka City | Night

Byakuren, like many others, cursed the Noble Experiment act and Prohibition. Was it so noble to take away an activity that brought people together and generated good income? Not at all, the detective thought. If there were mobs and bootleggers out there trying to make alcohol for the general populace, then it would be better to give the people what they want. Prohibition was bad, but the things criminals did to get past it was worse.

The detective ducked into an alleyway on Midway and looked for a brass lantern hanging by its lonesome. She found the light and looked down a set of steps to a locked door with a slot for viewing. After making sure the coast was clear, Byakuren stepped down and knocked on the door. As soon as she did so, the slot opened and revealed a set of eyes.

"Whataya buyin'?"

Byakuren produced her drinking flask and tapped it against the slot.

"Doc Holiday's Medicine."

Hesitation. For a moment, Byakuren began to believe that Leon had lied to her, but then the door opened with a grunt from the doorman. Byakuren smiled and stepped in to be greeted with the smell of cigarettes, cheep cologne, and whiskey. The Wildcat , as it was named, was poorly constructed and had barrels and boxes for chairs, but as long as there was booze, no one cared. The detective took a stand at the bar and flagged down the barkeep.

"Barman," she called. "Vat 69 if you have it."

"Does it look like we have it, 'detective'?" snapped the barman.

"Well then, whatever whiskey you've got," Byakuren mumbled.

Comment

???; A Few Hours Ago
          _______

It was dark. There was a dark room. There was a single light hanging over a man tied to a chair with a bag over his head.

The bag was pulled from his head. There was a silhouette before him.

"Two bottles of vodka... You've got some steel balls to think you can steal that much from me. Do you have any idea... How hard it is? To get a hold of vodka? You don't. You simply buy it from speakeasies. I supply them with the good stuff. And you come along and try to steal vodka? No no no, that doesn't work. Do you know how dangerous it is to steal from black marketers. I'm the king of the black market. You really put yourself under the bus this time. But don't worry. I'm not like the mafia. I won't hurt you..."

The man pulled out a syringe.

"But trust me, you're gonna need a doctor after this... Or an asylum."

The silhouetted man injected the syringe into the man.

"Now then... Let's begin."

The silhouetted man pulled a lever. All of a sudden, the room started flashing bright lights. The tied up man was hallucinating beyond his capabilities. Added to this, the walls of the room were painted with monsters. It was a nightmare.

This is the cost of stealing from the black market king: Rinnosuke Morichika

Outside Addled Apartments

Rinnosuke stepped outside, a few hours after the mess. Earlier, he left the man somewhere in an alley. Someone will find him eventually. He looked around. He saw a black ford.

"Hm? Who's could that be?"

Comment

"Wh-who is it?" A very scared, delicate female voice called from within the apartment. Sally's voice. It was obvious to the woman that Sally was aware of who it was and was merely trying to buy herself some time.
            "Sally, you know who it is! Open the door or we'll bust it open!" The woman impatiently and frustratedly shouted back. She did not have time to play games. She just wanted her money.
            "I- I don't know who you are! Please... leave me alone!" Sally responded. The woman gave a large heaving sigh. She did not want to go through with this. But it appeared as if she had no choice.
            "Break it down, boys!" The woman ordered to her associates. One of the men charged at the door and broke it off its hinges. Inside the main room was a young female fairy in a green dress cowering behind a table. The woman approached the fairy and looked down at her.
            "M-Meiling! Wh-what are you d-doing here?" The fairy asked the woman. Meiling could obviously see that Sally was deathly afraid of her. And rightly so. Sally had borrowed some money and Meiling needed it back.
            Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-04-2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Addled Apartment

Rinnosuke heard the ruckus.

"A door busting down? Could only be the work of either the mafia or the police... I guess I'll check it out."

Rinnosuke headed inside the apartment.

Comment

Wildcat Bar - Midway Ave. - Gensoka City | Night

As Byakuren watched the barman pour the latest batch of whiskey into her drinking flask, she meditated on what she knew of Gensoka City. It was a port city that made good money on the sea trade while it's entertainment districts and landmarks brought tourists from far and wide. At least, this was before the blockade. Now it was a cesspool of crime and neer-do-wells, and god bless those innocents trapped in there.

Taking her flask back and grabbing a shot for her senses while she was at it, the detective stepped away from the bar. She laid out the cost for the drinks and threw back her shot. With a shake of her head, she felt the whiskey sting her insides and wake her body up. Just what she needed. Byakuren turned her attention to the locals as she tucked her flask in a pocket of her coat. Like her, there were plenty of people around who didn't take no for an answer when it came to the drink.

One such group was the Scarlet Devil Mafia, an older mob that came over from the Far East. They started out in the same barrel of deceit that the Irish or Italians did. Soon, they grew to become a very lucrative gang filled with powerful members who reveled in the shadows society cast upon them. With Prohibition stabbing the people, the Scarlet Devil Mafia was capitalizing on the opportunity to dress the wound with ill-gotten gauze.

Byakuren huffed and wiped her mouth before tearing her attention away from the people around her. She had to get back up there on the streets, but there was no harm nor shame in staying in the comfort of a basement bar for awhile.

Last edited by Major Mario; 01-04-2014, 03:54 PM.

Comment

"Sally, you know what I'm here for. You said you were gonna pay us back two weeks ago! Where's the money, Sally?!" Meiling sternly said towards Sally. Sally looked up at her oppressor. Tears had began to her in the fairy's eyes. She had nowhere to go. Nowhere to run. All she could do was sit on the floor and beg to Meiling.
                  "I... I... Please, Meiling. Give me another a week. My boss hasn't been kind on me and I've been trying my hardest to maintain this apartment. Please..." Sally desperately cried out to Meiling. Sally hoped that she would be given another chance. She needed the money really badly and she had nowhere to go except to Meiling. But there was a saying about Meiling and her line of work. Don't ever cross Meiling or The Scarlet Devils else she'll hunt you down. Sally never knew what was meant by these "Scarlet Devils" but she knew that Meiling was among them.
                  "I've waited long enough, Sally. When you say you'll pay it back, you pay it back. Now give me the money!" Meiling spoke towards Sally. Her voice was becoming a shout.
                  "I... Don't have it. I don't have your money." Sally's voice had now completely deteriorated and was reduced to nothing. She could not do anything and she knew it. This was it. Sally didn't have the money nor did she have the time. Sally closed her eyes and braced herself for what was next. Meiling placed down her briefcase on the table beside Sally and opened it. Inside the case was a Star Model 1920 pistol that she obtained from a black market dealer. Meiling drew the gun out and pulled back the safety. Meiling knew that the gun was loaded so she didn't need to reload the thing. Meiling then pointed the pistol at Sally's head and pulled back on the hammer of the gun.
                  "When you borrowed from us, you knew what you getting yourself into, right? And yet you couldn't pay us back. You think I'm stupid, Sally?" Meiling said to Sally. Her voice had lost all of its volume was back at talking level.
                  "Well, you ain't gonna have to worry about the money anymore." And with that Meiling pulled the trigger. The resulting gunshot echoed through the apartment building and out towards the nearby streets. Anyone that was in this very building would be highly aware of what was going on and so would anyone passing by.

Comment

Addled Apartment

Rinnousuke walked in to the room.

"I should've figured you were the cause of the ruckus. Well, you saved me the trouble of finding you. I have your order.Still, you could've been easier on the girl. What'd she do?"

Comment

Corner of Midway Ave. and Kagome St. - Gensoka City | Night

Byakuren fidgeted and looked to a tiny window at street level. A thump had reverberated throughout the area, and none of the patrons of the Wildcat seemed to care. To them, all things that went bump in the night were normal for them. But for Byakuren, she couldn't help but get a little suspicious.

She got up and moved out of the bar without a word. Gunshots were an uncommon sound at night, and while Byakuren wasn't a first responder, she felt as if the thump, the gunshot, had come from close by. Leon the vagrant had mentioned three entertainers going into a less-than-lovely apartment complex, but that wasn't enough to spike suspicion. Now, however, Byakuren trudged through the rain and stopped at the corner of Midway Ave. and Kagome St., intent to get to the bottom of it, whatever 'it' was.

She leaned against a lonely light post and looked towards the Addled Apartments. A Ford was parked in front of it. Was it a simple recreational ride, or a getaway vehicle? Byakuren didn't want to make any assumptions just yet, so she remained at the light post, her gaze fixed firmly on the apartments.

Comment

Meiling pointed towards the doorway as she heard the voice. But upon listening closely and looking, Meiling lowered her gun and relaxed. It was Rinnosuke. He ran the black market in Gensoka City and had assisted Meiling and her associates by supplying them with weaponry, information, and alcohol. Meiling gave a sigh and spoke up towards the trader.
                        "She borrowed some money from us and was late in repaying it. What are you doing here anyway? I didn't think you lived in a place like this." Meiling said to Rinnosuke.

Comment

Addled Apartment

"I don't. I was just dealing with a thief. Two bottles of vodka. Can you believe someone tried to get away with that much? You can imagine what happened next. It was so bad he actually did end up needing a doctor. But, ah... Good luck dealing with the body. I can already hear the sirens. Wee-woo-wee-woo-wee-friggity-woo. Anyways, where's your boss? I need to give her the orders.What was it she ordered again, just to make sure I got everything."

Comment

"Some new guns, some ammo, and a couple of kegs. As for the boss... If you're talking about Sakuya, you know the place. As for 'The Lady', you know I can't talk about her in public." Meiling answered. After speaking to Rinnosuke, Meiling could hear it in the distance. The sound of the police. Meiling now knew why she was sent instead of someone else. The police would have easily caught anyone else that would have attempted to collect the money and killed Sally in the process.
                            "We gotta get out of here and fast. Gather any money you can find and get out!" Meiling turned and ordered to the two men. Since Sally couldn't provide the money, they would have to take what they could from her apartment. While she waited for the men to finish their search, Meiling turned back to face the dealer.
                            "You know that by being here, you're gonna have to shake off the cops too. Right?" Meiling asked Rinnosuke.

Comment

Addled Apartment

"Don't worry about me. As far as they know, I'm a retired doctor. You, on the other hand... Tell you what, I feel bad for you and all, so I'll give you this."

It was a bottle of vodka.

"Treasure that, cause that's all the sympathy you're getting from me. Naturally, expect giving me a favor at some point. Now get the hell out of here."

Rinnousuke took off. He went downstairs and waited for the police. Suddenly, Komachi came running in.

"Rinnousuke! What happened?!"

Rinnousuke pretended be extremely worried. "I- I don't know, I was walking home and I heard gunfire, I went up there, and God, someone was dead, oh Jesus, she was freaking dead, man-"

Komachi put her hands on Rinnousuke's shoulders. "Calm down! Are the murderers still here?!"

"I saw an organized group running out the back, go!"

Komachi started running out back.

"And tell me when you're out of sugar pills!"

Rinnousuke turned away.

"That should buy her some time."
                              Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-04-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X