X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addled Apartments, Kagome Street - Gensoka City | Night

With Rinnosuke out of the building, Meiling turned around towards where her associates were.
    "Come on! Gather the last of the goods. We're getting outta here!" Meiling called out. Hurrying to get out of the building, Meiling placed the vodka in her suitcase, closed it and put her gun in a pocket beneath her suit jacket. If anyone were to see her with her gun out, she would be caught out. But Meiling would keep it close in the event that someone would catch her out and open fire. With all of the three suited people back together, they rushed out of Sally's apartment; down and out to Kagome Street.

Upon leaving the apartment building, Meiling noticed the additional car parked outside. It was a police car. But there was no officer in sight. It was obvious that Rinnosuke had distracted them upon leaving the building. Meiling knew little of how the trader worked or what he thinks of. But Meiling did know of how clever and sly he was. Using the time to her advantage, Meiling ordered her associates to proceed into the Ford and start the engine. Meiling then looked around and observed the area with her eyes to check for witnesses or additional cops.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

[IC] Touhou Noire - An AU Touhou RP

Outside Addled Apartments - Gensoka City | Night

The arrival of a police squad car was unexpected by Byakuren. She had heard a thump that sounded like a gunshot, but it was barely audible in the bar environment. Was it much louder than she thought, and if so, was it powerful enough to alert a speedy response? The detective wasn't quite sure, but she was grateful that someone had the initiative to respond with all seriousness.

She had a desire to follow the trenchcoated officer into the apartment, but as soon as Byakuren took a step forward, a group stepped out of the building. The detective narrowed her eyes as she made out two men in crisp suits who we're carrying various objects with them. They seemed to be in a big damn hurry, Byakuren noted. Her hand drifted down to a pocket of her coat where she stashed her Colt pistol, hoping she wouldn't have to use it.

Then, a new figure exited the building: a woman with red hair and a suit that stood out between the two men. She was carrying a violin case, and that coupled with the two men made Byakuren more suspicious. These were the three 'entertainers', but what of their audience? Byakuren figured she had a good answer to that question.

When the woman with red hair looked out to the street, Byakuren turned away under the light post and produced her drinking flask. She unscrewed the top, all the while keeping the black Ford in the corner of her vision. She couldn't afford to give herself away, and if that were to happen, she hoped the entertainers were too in a rush to play a tune for a lonely detective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Major Mario; 01-04-2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Addled Apartment

Rinnousuke walked out. He called out to Meiling

"Take care, miss! Follow my advice and you'll get better in no time!"

He walked away.

He was wondering something, though. Why were they there? He was joking when he said he heard sirens. And Detective Komachi? Wait... Was it possible that someone saw him...

All he knew was that he needed to get out of there. And that he did.

Comment

Kagome Street - Gensoka City | Night

While looking around, Meiling noticed a person in the distance. A woman with long wavy hair of a gradient from purple to light brown. The woman was wearing a dark peacoat and held a drinking flask in her hand. A lawbreaker like her. But whether she was an innocent person having a light drink or someone completely different was anyone's guess.
          Unwilling to find out, Meiling opened the door of the Ford and stepped inside. She didn't know what the woman was going to do nor did she care. There have been times where she and other people like her have had witnesses to what they have done. But that didn't not stop her. As long as she gets her money and due respect, she could do anything.
          "Let's go." Meiling said as the driver, one of the associates from earlier, worked with the controls of the Ford. The car began to accelerate and drive back down from where it came, down Midway Avenue and through the residential area of Gensoka City.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Outside Addled Apartments - Gensoka City | Night

A close call, Byakuren thought as she paused with the flask to her lips. Satisfied that the Ford had pulled out (down Midway Ave. towards the Residential District), Byakuren screwed the cap back on and suppressed a small chuckle. She wasn't singled out, so the old drunken vagrant trick seemed to work. With a cautionary glance down the street, the detective looked back to the apartments.

She had figured she had almost lost her grip on the situation back there, so to get back in the game she needed to get somewhere safe. She wanted to go back to her apartment, but there were things that needed to be done while the blood was still warm. Byakuren walked across Kagome street and stopped at the police squad car, her decision made. Hopefully the occupants of the apartment wouldn't mind if she popped in for a visit.

"Where did she go?" Byakuren wondered, referring to the other detective as she looked into her squad car. She clicked her tongue. "Officer, officer... I hope you're alright. You've overextended your reach."

Last edited by Major Mario; 01-04-2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Addled Apartment

Komachi had returned, empty handed.

"Dammit! I know that criminals are good at covering their tracks, but it was almost as if they freaking disappeared! Ugh... Well, I'm going to investigate the body. Hopefully that's still there."

Comment

Addled Apartments - Gensoka City | Night

Byakuren looked over the police squad car for a moment longer before she could hardly take it anymore. The rain was unbearable, and she would really like to get to shelter. Plus, she would like to investigate the apartment complex now that the three suspicious figures had fled. The detective shivered and trudged up the steps into the apartment lobby.

Nothing was out of place, it seemed. Either nobody cared about the gunshot or they were too frightened to open their doors and peek out. Byakuren would have joined them if she didn't have a task to complete. She tugged at her coat and looked at the floorboards for any blood, but, seeing none, she looked for any doors that may have been forced through.

Upon doing so, she noticed the trenchcoat-wearing woman from before standing near the back exit. She looked her up and down before concluding this was the officer or detective from earlier. With a smile, she introduced her presence.

"You heard it too, I take it," Byakuren said. "The gunshot."

Comment

Addled Apartment

Komachi looked confused.

"Gunshot? No, I came to investigate a reported body. So it was gunfire, huh... Mind if I ask you a few questions? How long ago was the gunshot, if you know?"

Comment

Byakuren furrowed her brow. A reported body? Just who reported it, and how did they know it would be here? Perhaps there was already a body to find here in this apartment and the red-headed officer was just following up on the call, but still, it was too good to be a coincidence. Byakuren aspired to ask the woman about this, but for now, it was time to cooperate.

"Ask me as many questions as you like. Well, if I were to guess," Byakuren mused as she continued to check the doors for forced entry, "I would say the gunshot occurred over five minutes ago. I thought it was a simple thump, or bump in the night, but I received a strange tip prior to hearing it. I followed my suspicions and noticed a trio of shady types leaving via the front entrance of this apartment complex, soon departing in a black Ford down Midway Ave." Byakuren hesitated as she thought. "Towards the Residential District, I believe..."

Comment

Addled Apartment

"What the hell? Five minutes ago? That's a different case entirely! I'd bet the police are on their way right now! Damn... Well, it's a cold case, I guess. I can't even say we had a trace. Dammit... Well, thank you for your information. We can utilize that at some point. But right now, I'll let the police do their work."

Komachi put a straw of wheat in her mouth.

"Contact me if you see or hear anything." She said handing Byakuren a business card.

Comment

"Komachi O.," Byakuren read from the business card. She pursed her lips in thought as she turned over the card. "Detective... Well, that makes us two." She offered her hand to the woman and gave a kind smile. "Detective Hijiri, or Byakuren to you. Your case may be cold, but mine is scalding."

It was true. While this Komachi was dropping her case entirely, which was somewhat bad for an up-and-coming detective, Byakuren desired to stay in the apartment complex and search around for whatever or whomever the trio of criminals shot. If she could see the body and figure out the identity, she could have herself a case to work with. With the police coming around to conduct their own investigation, Byakuren figured she would not be too bothered.

Last edited by Major Mario; 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Addled Apartment

"Oh wow," Komachi said. "I'm from the west branch. I'm an amateur. So what do you mean 'your case is scalding?' If you're talking about the shooting, then I could help. There is no evidence left on the body found in this alley nearby, but it seems there is something on the shooting. Let's go upstairs... Damn, which floor was it? Do you know?"

Comment

"There is always evidence on a body, Miss Onozuka," Byakuren replied. She dug through a side pocket of her coat and brought out a pair of leather gloves. "Dead men tell no tales, except for how they died."

Dead men also held no secrets, depending on what they had on them. Byakuren smiled at that, glad that she was perceptive or attentive enough to stand the sight of a dead body long enough to gather information from it. She glanced up a set of stairs before pulling on her gloves.

"Why, I have no idea where the body is," Byakuren sighed as her smile faded. An ambitious smirk took its place. "Let's find out, shall we?"

Comment

Addled Apartment

"Yea, maybe for a normal body. But there was no blood. Here's the story. A man reported a body in a nearby alley a few hours ago. We got the body, but he was alive. I tried talking to him, but... He was gone. Traumatized. He couldn't even speak in complete sentences. There have been many more cases like this. There were victims like him who are too scarred to talk whom we send to a rehabilitation center, those who are fine but just can't remember anything, or those who can't even talk; almost braindead. We don't know what to do with them, so we send them to a mental hospital. There's someone doing this. I've been chasing this guy down for a long fucking time, but he always slips through my fingers. He's toying with me... Me and my boss, that is. Come on, let's go up and find the body."

Komachi ran upstairs.

Comment

Byakuren was puzzled by Komachi's description of her golden gook's MO and victims. What kind of person had that kind of traumatizing effect on people without even spilling blood? Without making a single scratch? Something was amiss, or perhaps the kook had a reputation that preceded him.

"It sounds that you have your work cut out for you. I wish you the best of luck, my young friend." Byakuren knocked on a few doors before finding one that opened at a simple touch. She looked to Komachi. "I think I may have found the room we're looking for... Detective, keep a hand on your sidearm."

Without another word, Byakuren pushed open the apartment room door and looked in.

Comment

Working...
                                X