Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I just realized that I had a post for TRXD and Wriggle, but I hadn't posted it because I hadn't written the post for Kristia, sorry. Oh and TRXD, what reveal did you mean? I'm not planning any reveal.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
      Just the fact that Kathryn is a mermaid. She keeps it hidden, right? That's what I was talking about. Just the moment when Kathryn dispels the illusion of her "legs" and reveals who she is.
      Nothing more.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

Yeah, I understand that, it's just that you talk as if it's something that will happen very soon.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
          Hey, I'm not the one who actually said that. Wriggle said that you and Kristia had already started on something. I didn't know what and I presumed that it was either to do with Zekai's ban or with Kathryn.
          I don't expect Kathryn to reveal who she is any time soon. That's up to you. Similarly, Trista won't be openly using her magic any time soon.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

Ah ok. Now I understand.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Here are my NPC app's:

Fitness Club President:
              Spoiler:

NPC Name: Mika

Abilities: Nature magic. In her case the ability to create plant life such as flowers, and such. More advanced stuff such as trees, and fruit bearing plants are a bit more difficult though she learned how to summon grape vines that actually will bear (incredibly sour) grapes. Other than that she is a pretty good athlete, capable of running small marathons (in fact she is the head of a Track Club or well... a fitness club.) She isn't the brightest girl though, and is a bit airheaded at times.

Appearance: She stands at 5ft8

Personality: She is calm, quiet, kind, and a bit airheaded. She is not the smartest girl, as she usually zones out in long speeches. On top of that she is forgetful, to the point where she might forget what she had planned to do a mere 10 minutes ago. Though this is only with more... advanced things. Oddly though smaller less important stuff she has near photographic memory.

Mika's Dorm/Roommate:
              Spoiler:

NPC Name: Amy

Abilities: She is rather intelligent, and possesses the ability of electricity. She is only capable of weak static shocks on will though, and has a tendency to fry her own laptop on occasion. Luckily though there is a Tech Shop in the Shopping District where people can get their computers and such repaired.

Appearance: She stands at 5ft 9

Personality: She is rather blunt, and harsh with her words. Usually the one to make a wisecrack at someone just to get under their skin. She doesn't really care for social activity in person, and would rather be social on the internet. As such she tends to stay inside her room locked up most of the day, with her curtains (which are dark purple to block out some sunlight.) In fact she also does not like to go out much, and exercise (much to the dismay of both her mother, and her roommate Mika.) Despite this she actually looks quite healthy. However she does look quite tired as noticeable by the black circles under her eyes.

Amy's Mother/Cafe Worker:
              Spoiler:

NPC Name: Cecilia

Age: She may not look like it, but she is about 43. She had given birth to Amy about 20 years ago exact.

Abilities: Earth Magic - Stone Skin and Muscles: Unlike her daughter who has Lightning Magic, Cecilia has the magic of Earth Enhancement: Stone Muscles. It's basically not what it sounds like. It grants the user a passive ability of enhanced strength, and enhanced durability as she is capable of shrugging off normal gunfire from a 9mm bullet (basic handgun round), and bench pressing about 1,200 pounds at max. This comes at the bonus effect/side effect of her looking as young and youthful as she was when she first gained her magic when she was 17. So in short she looks 17. Also despite her skin and muscles being described as "as strong and durable as solid rock" her skin, and muscles feel like that of any other human. It only gives her magically enhanced strength and durability passively.

Appearance: She stands at 6ft 3. Rather tall when compared to her daughter.

Personality: She seems cute, and innocent but it is only when she is working at the cafe she got a job at which allows her daughter to attend the University. The reason why she acts all cute and innocent is

1: Because of her appearance of an 17 year old.
              2: Because her boss says "Cute and Innocent sells." (FYI her boss is a woman as well.)

Outside of work she is usually described as grumpy, but caring. She can usually be seen with a can of beer or something in hand, and she is a bit "wild" she enjoys parties and with her appearance due to her magic she can attend parties with younger people, blending in easily. When she is drunk (which is common), she can be a bit nicer and even a bit seductive as well. She is also more active, occasionally jogging with Mika early in the morning.

She may seem like the polar opposite of her daughter Amy, and she may despise how her daughter acts (to the point where she literally drags her daughter out of her dorm room, of which Cecilia will force her to socialize at the cafe Cecilia works at.) However when it comes down to it she would do anything to protect her daughter, and vice versa. If you do something to hurt (physically, mentally, emotionally) each other, they will be by their side at all times.

Cecilia had been assigned Dorm Room 210A, the same Dorm as the Ghoulishly beautiful Mira.

Comment

Name: Tristan Markey

Race: Dullahan/Rokurokubi

Bio: Tristan's father was a Dullahan, and his mother was a Rokurokubi, resulting in him being a mix of both. Life was fairly normal for Tristan, at least as normal as a supernatural being's life would be. Unlike the old ways of the Dullahans and Rokurokubis before him, Tristan was raised in a tamer environment where supernatural beings and humans coexist without too much trouble. Despite the fact that Dullahans don't hunt people like they used to, Tristan was still expected to be proficient in his craft, his natural skills. Unfortunately, Tristan had been anything but that. Sure, compared to a human, Tristan holds an impressive amount of control over Darkness, but he is nowhere near satisfactory when compared to others of his kind. Because of this, his parents urged him to join trinity Soul University ever since he as 18. Of course, Tristan refused, thinking that if anything, he would simply terrify everyone there. After enough time, his parents were able to convince him to go.

Element/Magic Type/Power: Darkness. Darkness is an innate ability that Dullahans possess, primarily used for "death magic", primarily by killing their victims by simply saying their names. Luckily, Tristan is not a full blooded Dullahan, so he does not have to worry about killing people by accidentally saying their names. Similarly to a Rokurokubi, Tristan can make his head float off his shoulders, but it is accomplished by a combination of natural ability and Darkness magic, and thanks to being part Rokurokubi, it is much easier for him to keep his head on his shoulders, making it easier for him to pass off as a normal, if not somewhat strange looking human..

With Darkness magic, Tristan can summon weapons, armor, horses, various objects, and if he puts enough effort, can even temporarily alter his environment, twisting and infusing it with a tar-like Darkness. With the weapons he creates, he can make them effect either a person's physical form, or their spirit/life force, draining them of energy until they collapse, and depending on how much damage was done to the target's spirit, die. Affecting a person's spirit/life force with his weapons is a weaker form of "death magic" an innate Darkness sub-type all Dullahans possess.

Due to Tristan being a Dullahan, he also possesses the innate ability to unlock locks, opening doors, and disabling security systems by getting within proximity of them. It is impossible to bar they way of a Dullahan. Not only that, but when Tristan will it, he can induce fear in others. On top of that, Tristan also has superb eyesight and enhanced vision, allowing him to see those that are about to die from a distance. Due to being a combination of Unseelie Fairie and Youkai, Tristan is stronger, faster, and more durable than a human, and cannot die by normal means and will often shrug off even the most fatal of wounds. Thanks to his lineage, Tristan also has the supernatural ability to manipulate whips, allowing him to perform tasks with them that could not be possible for humans. He is able to alter whips in is possession to form spikes, solidify into swords, grow extra tails, bend and curve to his will, and extend and retract.

Luggage: A couple changes of clothes, a phone, a laptop, and a couple of books.

Appearance: Tristan is relatively normal looking, except for what appear to be stitches along his cheeks, and a very faint scar across his nose. The stitches are actually made up of Darkness and allow him to appear human. Without them, Tristan has a very wide mouth that stretches to each side of his face, giving him a terrifying appearance.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ak-d5ukv3z.jpg

Why did you come to the University?: Despite the fact that Tristan would be considered proficient in his magic type by human standards, Tristan is sub-par when compared to other Dullahans. Because of this, his parents urged him to attend the university. After some time, his parents finally managed to convince him to go.

Personality: Tristan is usually a laid back individual, preferring not to bring too much attention to himself, but on occasion, he exhibits a manic, wild, almost insane personality. This is mainly due to his nature. After all, he is a Dullahan, a species that invokes death upon mortals and fear in their hearts. When in a calm mood, Tristan is easy to get along with, and enjoys the company, but if anyone stares at him or bothers him when he is either running an errand, or busy with something, he will quickly get infuriated, and will sometimes attack. A strange thing to note about Tristan is his strange fear of gold. He doesn't flee from the presence of gold, but like the normal fears humans have, it can sometimes be terrifying to him.

Other: Not only is Tristan very skilled with whips, he is also proficient with swords, axes, hatchets, scythes, cleavers, and various other weapons. Similarly to a Rokurokubi, Tristan is weak against spiritual attacks. It's not fatal, but it affects him significantly more than physical attacks. Tristan's only real weakness is his head. If his head is destroyed when out of his possession, he will die. Similarly, if anyone gains possession of Tristan's head, he will end up under the current owner's control. Unlike normal Dullahans, Tristan obeys the wielder of his head more out of fear of its destruction than him truly being under their control, and will try to steal his head back if the opportunity presents itself.
                Last edited by S121; 03-29-2014, 10:17 PM.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

The name...

Trista Soul
                  Tristan Markey

AAAAAAAAAGH
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

@wriggle

In my defense, Tristan is a Welsh name, which is where Celtic Mythology was present.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tristan_(name)
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's pretty cool. Now we gotta wait for SUSTIC, TRXD or S121 to approve it...........

Btw... Wonder what happens when I give him a leather suit and a cat helmet........... -w-

Comment

@Wonder

He would get the reference.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lolz.

Should I make chirper (dear god why does that sound so awkward?) account for my characters? Maybe for the gang. And possibly mira. Actually, everyone gets a chirper account. Maybe. But I'll give Allen and Mira one in time.

But I've... Never used twitter, so... How does it work? So that I know how Chirper works?

Comment

@S121
                            Tristan... Trista... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Admittedly, when I first saw the app, I thought you were making an R63 Trista. Goes to show how wrong I am...

Hmm, a Rokurokubi/Dullahan... An interesting but befitting combination. A headless horseman combined with a youkai that can remove its head. Although technically Rokurokubi only stretch their necks. It's actually the Nukekubi that remove their heads which is what Sekibanki is closer to. Thinking about Tristan's race, it actually makes some sense around his name. Tristan is a Welsh name and the Dullahan are Irish. Although those are not in the same country, they are very close and it can often be theorised that the two cultures have influenced one another. Thinking over the whole Trista-Tristan thing, there was a reason why I gave Trista that name. Much like Tristan, Trista is actually supposed to have British origins. Her father is a solid Californian with mixed origins while her mother is half-British. Of course, due to this quarter-Britishness, it didn't have much of an influence on Trista. She does not have a British accent nor does she use British dialect. The only kind of British dialect that comes through is just due to my derps. If you really want an idea of how Trista's voice is supposed to be similar to, I can post an example. Albeit, it'll be VERY embarrassing.

Death magic... That seems like a highly taboo act for mages to study and/or perform. If Tristan nevers uses it on students or tries his hardest not to, it shouldn't be a problem. I like some of Tristan's abilities. Inducing fear at will, whip manipulation, and breaking and entering. A couple of these might have to be restrained while others I would love to see being used. All in all, I really like this character and would like to see him introduced into this RP. The only real problem is the name discrepancy. It can get highly confusing if the two Trist-'s are together. Asides from that, I think he's good to go. Approved by TRXD but... that name...

Comment

I'd say it would be best to change the name. I just think it would be really simple to mistake one for the other.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

"Hey Tris! No not you, the other one!"
                                Heh, ain't that gonna be fun to mess with?

I was just thinking, how does one practice death magic if you don't or can't kill anyone? Surely, murdering squirrels isn't good enough practice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X